Home Precious Metals
Options

***Official July 2018 Precious Metals Buy Sell Trade Thread ***

VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭

If you have any precious metal items that you are selling, please post a reply to this thread with description, asking price, shipping and accepted methods of payment. Photos of items for sale are definitely a plus and having your User Profile turned on helps as well.

If you have any precious metal items that you are actively looking to purchase, post a reply to this thread expressing what it is you are looking for and what you're willing to pay.

Please do not make any extra threads on this subject matter in the Precious Metals forum.

This one thread will be active for all of July 2018; when August 2018 comes around we'll start a new thread and this one will no longer be active.

Comments

• Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 1, 2018 5:30PM

Two vintage gold rings.

One with purple stone is from Church & Co. total weight is 10.32 grams of 14k gold and the stone. I don't know the weight of the stone - looks like maybe amethyst? It's scratched up a bit. Has inscription inside the band "HW 12/25/29". Stamped 14k. Looking for $190 delivered.

2nd is solid 10k gold and weighs 6.18 grams. It's made by Ostby & Barton. I stole this description from the internet about the company, "Engalhart Cornelius Ostby is a legend in the jewelry trade. He emigrated from Oslo, Norway to the US in 1869. After forming his own company with his partner, Nathan Barton in 1879, they became well known for their high quality and beautifully made jewelry. Mr. Ostby later perished when the Titanic sunk in 1912." It's not in the best condition as it's missing something at the top, but still a neat ring. $105 delivered.

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool rings !!! B)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting stone in the first ring...looks like a black surface in the pictures...but transparent in the reverse picture....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    PlatinumDuckPlatinumDuck Posts: 470 ✭✭✭
    edited July 31, 2018 10:20AM

Great Deals Buying and Selling: Metalsman, BobSav, Rick300, endzone, Swampboy, somecoins, Musca, commoncents05, Refrema, tonyhar, joebb21, kalshacon, JeremyDie1, percyb, scrapman1077, indiananationals, wondercoin, pragmaticgoat, tonedSilver, theboz11, Timbuk3, bigmarty58, HCumberdale, jp84, OnlyGoldIsMoney, UNLVino, coinguy1989, drewsef, coindeuce, pjcoins, giorgio11, Sullykerry52, KollectorKing, privatecoin, jclovescoins, Smittys, bronco2078, ajaan, jdmern, bidask, jrt103, CoinPhysicist, bigjpst, OKCC, Skanderbeg, pruebas, dizzlecc, MasonG, spummybum, SurfinxHI, snowequities

• Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭
    edited July 9, 2018 3:03PM

Withdrawn for now...

References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options
    BcookieBcookie Posts: 57 ✭✭

Selling 5 1/10 oz AGE's. Various years, selling lot for $700 via PayPal f&f with FREE priority shipping.

• Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 4, 2018 8:38AM
  • Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 7, 2018 12:38PM

20 ounces silver. Sold, thanks.

• Options
    shinywhiteshinywhite Posts: 346 ✭✭✭

ISO A-Mark 10 oz "old school" bar with serial #. The new ones out are just like the one I'm looking for,save for the serial #. Any help in locating one (with a decent price) will be much appreciated

• Options
    PackersBacker36PackersBacker36 Posts: 161 ✭✭
    edited July 15, 2018 3:02PM

1/20 2016 Maple Gold, still sealed. Looking for $76 PayPal delivered. Thanks

Huge Packers Fan and Collector - Looking for autographs of Blood McNally, Lavvie Dilweg, Boob Darling, and many others from the 20's/30's.

Also collect 90% silver coins. Always looking for Racine, WI Banknotes.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,422 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 8, 2018 7:00PM

Looking for a Mexican 50 P and 20P gold coin in a PCGS slab that's a common date near bullion value.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    KollectorKingKollectorKing Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wanted to buy -bullion gold, silver coins, 90% silver coins & silver bars

Offer what you have w/price & pics.
    I can pay via pp.

• Options
    jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

WTB 90%, silver rounds at melt
    PM me what you have available

• Options
    MorganMan94MorganMan94 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

(132) circulated Peace dollars, some culls - $15.75 each
    (2) 1921 Morgan dollars holed - $14.50 each
    (1) 1890 holed Morgan dollar - $14.50
    (10) holed Peace dollars - $14.40 each

• Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 11, 2018 2:26PM

8 ounce pure copper bullion .50 caliber BMG bullet still sealed in original pouch.
    $13 shipped paypal:

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,422 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:
    Looking for a Mexican 50 P and 20P gold coin in a PCGS slab that's a common date near bullion value.

I just got the 20P gold coin from a fellow forum member. Still need the 50P in either a PCGS or NGC slab near melt. The 1947 restrike is fine.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 19, 2018 4:55PM

For sale 37 Silver Dollars with Issues, many are minor cleanings, glue, tape that is hard to get off.
    $650 Delivered

Roll of Proof Washington Quarters. A few from the 50's but not many.
    $145 delivered

• Options
    bretts911bretts911 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭
    edited July 19, 2018 1:07PM

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 19, 2018 12:57PM

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
  • Options

You have to be kidding me .....

• Options

Where did you buy? Post a pic of the reverse.

• Options
    edited July 19, 2018 1:30PM

@derryb said:

Bought off eBay back in April from someone named Robert keyt do not have a pic of the back but from what you guys linked me looks fake will post pics of reverse later on
    So far I’m out 2650 for this hopefully eBay will do something highly doubt it I really do appreciate the info on this

• Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

Damn ...

Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    edited July 19, 2018 1:33PM

nil.

• Options

@bretts911 said:

@derryb said:

Bought off eBay back in April from someone named Robert keyt do not have a pic of the back but from what you guys linked me looks fake will post pics of reverse later on
    So far I’m out 2650 for this hopefully eBay will do something highly doubt it I really do appreciate the info on this

How awful ... best of luck on the recovery.

Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options

Well contacted eBay and PayPal case is open said should be able to get refund
    Seller has until 29th of this month to respond
    See how this plays out
    Brett

• Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bretts911 said:
    See how this plays out
    Brett

Best of luck to you. It should be an open and shut case, especially if the seller's pics are still available on Ebay.

• Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

That sucks. Are the fractionals also counterfeited!

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

SAVE MORE: BOTH PIECES: $1965 SHIPPED!

2003 PCGS MS70 1 Ounce Gold Eagle : $1340 shipped

1988 Proof 1/2 ounce Eagle in US Mint cointainer but no clamshell: $645 shipped

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options

@bretts911 said:
    See how this plays out
    Brett

Perth Mint gold bars have come in different color packaging over the years. The black holder is the newer, they used to come in green certicards. So don't jump up thinking this is a fake just because of that. Take it to a dealer and have them use a sigma metalytics tester on it before getting scared.

That and know your products before buying, if you thinking your buying a fake because its not in the newest packaging, pass.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 19, 2018 4:35PM

When making an eBay purchase. it's wise to only buy your gold bars from national recognized bullion dealers and not "mom & pop" stores.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

@Jinx86 said:

@bretts911 said:
    See how this plays out
    Brett

Perth Mint gold bars have come in different color packaging over the years. The black holder is the newer, they used to come in green certicards. So don't jump up thinking this is a fake just because of that. Take it to a dealer and have them use a sigma metalytics tester on it before getting scared.

That and know your products before buying, if you thinking your buying a fake because its not in the newest packaging, pass.

First off sorry to hijack this thread....
    I will post a thread when this case is closed with paypal either way
    unfortunately after reading what was linked
    • The fake black card omits our black swan ‘water mark’ logo on the front.
    • The fake product is encased in an inelegant plastic sleeve featuring crimped edges.
    • The fake black card features the words “CertiCard® SECURITY CASE” instead of “The Perth Mint tamper-evident case”.
    • The letter ‘B’ is omitted from the six-digit bar number on the back of the black card.
    The top 3 is what concerns me because it matches 100% to my bars. The way the seller shipped it is both of the 1 oz gold bars are in plastic back to back so you can only see the front of them so I cannot see the back of the serial number to see if the B is omitted
    Brett

• Options
    rte592rte592 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭✭✭

good advice.
    It doesn't hurt to check out everything you buy, Even from Legit Sellers.
    Hope it turns out well on the bars.
    even a $100 metal detector with a good meter would be able to detect these fake bars.

• Options

@bretts911 said:

@Jinx86 said:

@bretts911 said:
    See how this plays out
    Brett

• The fake product is encased in an inelegant plastic sleeve featuring crimped edges.
    • The fake black card features the words “CertiCard® SECURITY CASE” instead of “The Perth Mint tamper-evident case”.
    • The letter ‘B’ is omitted from the six-digit bar number on the back of the black card.
    The top 3 is what concerns me because it matches 100% to my bars. The way the seller shipped it is both of the 1 oz gold bars are in plastic back to back so you can only see the front of them so I cannot see the back of the serial number to see if the B is omitted
    Brett

Note that the above diagnostics come directly from the Perth Mint website.

• Options

@derryb said:

@bretts911 said:

@Jinx86 said:

@bretts911 said:
    See how this plays out
    Brett

Brett

Note that the above diagnostics come directly from the Perth Mint website.

Yes, but you neglect the fact that his bars are in the older packaging.

• Options

@Jinx86 said:

His bar is in the newer black packaging which clearly, based on Perth Mints diagnostics for the black card, is counterfeit.

• Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭

@CoinCrazyPA said:
    That sucks. Are the fractionals also counterfeited!

Yes the fractionals are faked and even more common.

Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭

People should avoid the perth mint bars......the fakes are sooo similar to the fakes, I'd avoid it just in general and stick to other gold bullion.

Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    bigmarty58bigmarty58 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 27, 2018 11:13AM

1923 Peace Dollar & 2012 ASE - $36 Shipped!

Enthusiastic collector of British pre-decimal and Canadian decimal circulation coins.
  • Options

The ASE you show is 2012, not 2015.... Might be just a typo in your description. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@derryb said:

@Jinx86 said:

His bar is in the newer black packaging which clearly, based on Perth Mints diagnostics for the black card, is counterfeit.

Actually it’s in the old green and I am going to have it tested Tommorow
    Better pic of the color
    I think I may have jumped the gun on this one

• Options

If it is the green card (your original pic sure looked like the black card) then it looks to be authentic. Perth Mints diagnostic mentioned earlier only apply to the black card.

• Options

@bretts911 said:

@derryb said:

@Jinx86 said:

Actually it’s in the old green and I am going to have it tested Tommorow
    Better pic of the color
    I think I may have jumped the gun on this one

I hope the bars turn out to be authentic!

Numismatist Ordinaire
  • Options

Good luck... Let us know the results... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    BLee23BLee23 Posts: 335 ✭✭✭
    edited July 26, 2018 11:00AM

A trio of great 10th series waffle backs, including one with a bold impression of the obverse stamping on the reverse. $640 obo shipped via USPS.

PPFF, Venmo, BTC.

Successful BST Transactions: sinin1, Kryptonitecomics, seemyauction, RyGuy, cucamongacoin, holeinone1972, Ciccio, sbeverly, Gerard, Topstuf, Downtown1974, CaptHenway, PerryHall, Barndog, LukeMarshall, Cent1225, commoncents05, Soldi, SurfinxHI
  • Options

Well... I learned a new term... 'Waffleback'...Cheers, RickO

• Options

So turns out the gold is real took to 2 different pawn shops they were able to test it in the packageing will post pictures later on today

• Options

@bretts911 said:
    So turns out the gold is real took to 2 different pawn shops they were able to test it in the packageing will post pictures later on today

Very cool ... great news.

Numismatist Ordinaire