Home U.S. Coin Forum

Care to share where you live?!

Comments

• tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kudbegud said:

@erickso1 said:
    Lets see if I can do this in onion form.

I grew up here.

I now live in the capital city here

Sorry guy, but I gotta say

The world famous Vidalia sweet onion is grown in a 20 county area of southeast GA about 3 hours drive from where I live. They are the best ever onion.

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tommy44 said:

@Kudbegud said:

@erickso1 said:

I grew up here.

The world famous Vidalia sweet onion is grown in a 20 county area of southeast GA about 3 hours drive from where I live. They are the best ever onion.

I would love to see an "Onion Off" between Vidalia, Walla Walla, an Kula Maui onions. That would be mighty taste contest. And winners all around.

• spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,704 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bidask said:
    I live near Tillamook Head where a Lewis, Clark
    and expedition traveled .

Very nice, that is where I like to go bigfoot hunting, grew up in FG across the range - I'll be heading your way in about a month, although instead of the coast this time, high cascades it is. Oh, and I picked up a lb. of that extra sharp at the grocery store today.... ;)

Best, SH

My online coin store - https://www.desertmoonnm.com/
  • JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

@sellitstore said:
    That's "Adirondack".

Thank's...I'm known here on this forum to f#*k up on my spelling once in a while.

Exactly 222.9 miles from the Alamo taking mostly freeways. 3 hr 27 min driving time according to Google

Very nice spacehayduke. Very very nice.

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭✭✭

In a plush white panel post 60’s transaxeled home down by the tributary. Near your homes.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • jedmjedm Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

The land I live on, was once Union Pacific property, just a few miles off the Mormon trail it was taken from the Indians and given to the Railroad, then sold by them to finance the construction of the rails. Roughly 24 trains a day travel on the rails next to the road here on the old Mormon trail that I drive on my commute. I live far enough away that I never hear them thankfully.

• BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 1, 2018 8:04PM

Surpise> @Bigbuck1975 said:

Upper Peninsula of Michigan

Surprised the internet reaches up there. Just kidding, I’m a Michigander too. Great country in the UP!

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JJSingleton said:
    Dahlonega GA :D

There's Gold in them thar hills! ;)

• BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 1, 2018 8:28PM

@Kudbegud said:

@tommy44 said:

@Kudbegud said:

@erickso1 said:

I grew up here.

I would love to see an "Onion Off" between Vidalia, Walla Walla, an Kula Maui onions. That would be mighty taste contest. And winners all around.

I don't know who would win, but i do remember driving on the road to Hana, on Maui and on my way stopping at some place for a burger with some Maui onions, they just have a taste that you can't describe. And the black sand beach, wow.

There was a sign that said no rental cars
    Beyond this point, of course I kept going and made it all around the island.

It's funny how an onion can bring back so many memories.

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

Moi in particular? ;)

@giorgio11 said:
    All this damn sharing has got to stop. I'm starting to feel close to some folks.

Kind regards,

George

I'd love to be a judge for that cook off. Nom Nom Nom I think the onions all come the same strain so it would be hard to choose a champion. Make a hell of a yearly challenge though.

Rental cars can go anywhere. HaHaHa They have improved the road a lot. Easy going now. A real nice drive home after the windy road to Hana.

IOWA <3
    Now this one I would say PF70 ;)

@RWM said:
    "if you build it, he will come"

• thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AUandAG said:

@JBK said:

@thefinn said:
    Where Mark Twain met Brigham Young.

But where was the saloon located?

Nah, they were at the local brothel. Mark was showing Brig some new wife potential.

bob :)

Look at what most of the women that were Brother Brigham's wives looked like. The man was a saint and saved a lot of men the curse of marrying some women that were hard to look at.

thefinn
  • Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 1, 2018 10:02PM

Very true. However, as best as I can remember, only images of US scenes were posted (except for one?).

Furthermore:

1 I'm a Nationalist.
    2 I don't get around much.
    3 The USA is the best country of them all!

@Aotearoa I'm jealous. :wink:

• alohagaryalohagary Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 1, 2018 10:28PM

Amazing how many live in Hawaii, do the ones on the outer islands attend the annual Hawaii State Numismatic show in November

• DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,996 ✭✭✭✭✭

@alohagary said:
    Amazing how many live in Hawaii, do the ones on the outer islands attend the annual Hawaii State Numismatic show in November

My wife is from Mililani Town ... I could make the show every other year :smile: She has a fab Hawaiian coin collection too!

Doug

@alohagary said:

I went when I lived in Honolulu. Haven't gone in a long time. I don't relish going to Honolulu any more.

edited June 1, 2018 10:54PM

@Insider2 Great post!
    :) It shows how "together" we are as ONE but yet......unnecessarily showing less tolerance for each other when it comes to self righteous :|
    Just <3 to all & be KINDER

• ACopACop Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2, 2018 12:11AM

45 minutes outside of Philly. Hour outside of NYC.

• JBKJBK Posts: 15,395 ✭✭✭✭✭

@saltlydog4 said:
    My daily "after-dinner" walk-- Little Patuxent River @ Laurel, Md. The trail is called the Savage Mill Trail.

The foliage seems to be turning a bit early this year!

@Aotearoa said:
    Christchurch, NZ. Aoraki/Mt Cook (pictured) is down the road a bit.

Ah Middle Earth!

Best, SH

• drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭

COMO

• giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,890 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Paradisefound said:
    Moi in particular? ;)

@giorgio11 said:
    All this damn sharing has got to stop. I'm starting to feel close to some folks.

Kind regards,

George

Just kidding, dear! (Group hug emoji)

VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

Where I lived until the day before Christmas 2009:

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Bigbuck1975Bigbuck1975 Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Boosibri said:

Surpise> @Bigbuck1975 said:

Upper Peninsula of Michigan

Surprised the internet reaches up there. Just kidding, I’m a Michigander too. Great country in the UP!

It’s sure beautiful up here for sure.

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ronyahski said:

@Jimnight said:
    The foot hills of the Adirondack mountains. NY

That's half the state.

Yep... I have a really big back yard!

• GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:
    So we have several people in Hawaii. I can't believe that no one has come through with a supply of lava encased coins.

Speaking of lava encased coins,,,,,,,,,, I am wondering how hard lava is to break-up and remove?
    Say your house survived but is surrounded by lava or your road is blocked,,, how hard is the lava?
    Could it be broken up with a tractor with a front end loader or is it so hard it has to be blasted?

Been wondering this since seeing the photos of the lava creaping around people's property?

GrandAm :)
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

@alohagary said:

How many current residents...me, paradise, surf, and aloha....four? Who else?

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,172 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just on the other side of the keyboard...

Anywhere I roam
    Where I lay my head is home

https://www.metallica.com/songs/25924/wherever-i-may-roam

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

The wife wants a new kitchen.

Looks like you might also need some new windows. Those look old and are probably leaky.

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

the land of bad foundations and wicked taxes.

edited June 2, 2018 8:14AM

@GRANDAM said:

@JBK said:
    So we have several people in Hawaii. I can't believe that no one has come through with a supply of lava encased coins.

Speaking of lava encased coins,,,,,,,,,, I am wondering how hard lava is to break-up and remove?
    Say your house survived but is surrounded by lava or your road is blocked,,, how hard is the lava?
    Could it be broken up with a tractor with a front end loader or is it so hard it has to be blasted?

Been wondering this since seeing the photos of the lava creaping around people's property?

It was mentioned on another thread, but I think pumice is light and brittle, but lava is liquid rock, very hard and solid once it cools, as you would expect rock to be.

• GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:

@GRANDAM said:

@JBK said:

It was mentioned on another thread, but I think pumice is light and brittle, but lava is liquid rock, very hard and solid once it cools, as you would expect rock to be.

That is too bad, it will leave vast areas virtually unusable.

GrandAm :)

@renman95 said:

@alohagary said:

How many current residents...me, paradise, surf, and aloha....four? Who else?

Me too

• ElmhurstElmhurst Posts: 784 ✭✭✭

Beautiful Everett, Washington....a great place to be....from.....

• Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭✭✭

North Dakota.
    Winter on the farm as a kid. City rat now, but hopefully not for too much longer.

• crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,956 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WildIdea said:
    Smack dab in the heart of flyover country and loving it! Halfway to anywhere and a great jumping off point to adventure.

Cool thread

Very nice B)

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

People in Joisey have the same rules as people in Fight Club >:):'(B)

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jinx86 said:
    North Dakota.
    Winter on the farm as a kid. City rat now, but hopefully not for too much longer.

Nice Christmas card view. I think I see smoke from the chimney too.

@WildIdea

Very neat phots! I'm surprised you could get that close.

@GRANDAM said:

@JBK said:

@JBK said:

@GRANDAM said:

@JBK said:

Pumice has all those signatures holes.....where gassy air escaped upon hardening

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file