Home Precious Metals
Options

10 Coin Colorized Silver Dragon Set - Perth Mint

Comments

• Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761
    This should be a good "investment". The previous set they released to China was composed of only 9 coins (it didn't have the plain one) and, if I recall correctly, sold well on eBay.
    One of our member was able to get a couple and make a nice profit.

I am thinking about it...
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    Only 234 left! Hurry if you want one.
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    I have to say I also received the email from the Perth mint but am not interested in flipping these and they are too bulky for my now limited storage spaces. Some are cool looking but others not so. I did get one rad one last year that I liked.
    Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder I guess.
    My life is too busy for flipping here.
    Good luck!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Only 234 left! Hurry if you want one. >>

Thanks for the "heads-up" ordered one set ( free shipping )

down to 209 sets left
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

<< <i>I have to say I also received the email from the Perth mint but am not interested in flipping these and they are too bulky for my now limited storage spaces. Some are cool looking but others not so. I did get one rad one last year that I liked.
    Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder I guess.
    My life is too busy for flipping here.
    Good luck! >>

Really? To busy to make an easy buck? BTW, I more than doubled my $$$ from the high relief dragon.
  • Options
    Perth Mint = Worse than the US Mint when it comes to milking its customers.

It's only April. I wonder how many more variations on the dragon theme they'll release for the remainder of the year?
    The possibilities are endless.
  • Options
    "Really? To busy to make an easy buck? BTW, I more than doubled my $$$ from the high relief dragon. "

Not currently a career path for me.
    Who knows about what the future may hold.
    I have nothing against this...just too time consuming and don't need the hassel.
    How much of a return are you expecting?
    Best!

Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options

<< <i>"Really? To busy to make an easy buck? BTW, I more than doubled my $$$ from the high relief dragon. "

I have nothing against this...just too time consuming and don't need the hassel.
    Best! >>

My guess...50% - 100% within the next 30 days.

btw down to 181 left. These will be sold out shortly
  • Options

<< <i>"Really? To busy to make an easy buck? BTW, I more than doubled my $$$ from the high relief dragon. "

Best! >>

It's gotta be a quick flip. After that, the price will probably sink.

181 left, get em while they're hot!
  • Options

<< <i>Perth Mint = Worse than the US Mint when it comes to milking its customers.

It's only April. I wonder how many more variations on the dragon theme they'll release for the remainder of the year?
    The possibilities are endless. >>

Agree, but as the saying goes: "never look a gift horse in the mouth"
  • Options
    tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭
    Make that one less - I just ordered a set. Where does it say how many are left?
  • Options

<< <i>Make that one less - I just ordered a set. Where does it say how many are left? >>

Just type in 999 in the qty box. It will tell you the max amount you can order.

172 left now.

I'm purely a spectator on this one. Too rich for my blood, and too much potential to lose money on the set if you don't flip right away.
  • Options
    Ok, you have convinced me (but I don't feel it will be a big score).
    Worse comes worst, my son will get this set for his birth year instead of the gold version.

I have also added the mini Roo. I started the series in 2010 and, even though they are freaking expensive, I want to keep it going.
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    I'm out on this one. I've never gotten the hang of colored coins.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Perth Mint = Worse than the US Mint when it comes to milking its customers.

The possibilities are endless. >>

Agree, but as the saying goes: "never look a gift horse in the mouth" >>

There's a 5 oz. Dragon silver proof coming too. Probably be priced at around $500, if the PM holds true to form.
  • Options
    Honestly this is a slow sell on Perth for this set compared to other releases like the HR Dragon. It could just be Dragon fatigue - way too many dragon variations coming from Perth, or the sizeable investment or the lack of interest in colored coins. As to the 9 coin china set, that can be obtained at issue price today. I predict this 10 coin set will be too for awhile. JMHO.
  • Options

<< <i>Honestly this is a slow sell on Perth for this set compared to other releases like the HR Dragon. It could just be Dragon fatigue - way too many dragon variations coming from Perth, or the sizeable investment or the lack of interest in colored coins. As to the 9 coin china set, that can be obtained at issue price today. I predict this 10 coin set will be too for awhile. JMHO. >>

The HR Dragon was priced at $99, this at $900. It will still be sold out in less then 12 hours.
    110 available now.
    I agree that it won't hold the premium longer but still could be a nice profit.
  • Options
    Talisman is selling at $999 on eBay and $899 on their website!image
  • Options
    I take it the Perth mint and the Aussie mint are not one in the same. I went back in to add some Kooks but I do not see them. This is my first time ordering from here
  • Options

<< <i>I take it the Perth mint and the Aussie mint are not one in the same. I went back in to add some Kooks but I do not see them. This is my first time ordering from here >>

The PerthMint on its website sells only the collector version of coins (proof, etc...). Bullion coins go through their distribution channel.
  • Options

<< <i>The PerthMint on its website sells only the collector version of coins (proof, etc...). Bullion coins go through their distribution channel >>

well that sucks
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>The PerthMint on its website sells only the collector version of coins (proof, etc...). Bullion coins go through their distribution channel >>

well that sucks >>

It does but every mint (US, CA, UK,...) sucks from that point of view.
  • Options
    SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm out on this one. I've never gotten the hang of colored coins. >>

Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Talisman is selling at $999 on eBay and $899 on their website!image >>

imageimageimageimageimageimageimage

I hope they sell out, too. I jumped on one "just in case"
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    The Dragons of Legend series looks cool! Already sold out however.
  • Options

<< <i>

I hope they sell out, too. I jumped on one "just in case" >>

They are sold out online and have 5 right now on eBay under talismancoins.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I hope they sell out, too. I jumped on one "just in case" >>

They are sold out online and have 5 right now on eBay under talismancoins. >>

Perth Mint is now sold out also. Took longer than I expected.
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I do not collect nor speculate in modern, colorized bullion rounds, nor any bullion at all that is priced at more than a few percent over spot.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options

<< <i>No, I do not collect nor speculate in modern, colorized bullion rounds, nor any bullion at all that is priced at more than a few percent over spot. >>

Take your "horse blinders" off and take advantage of what some collectors want.image
    I don't collect colorized stuff either, but that doesn't mean I'll ignore them when there is a potential profit to be made.
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    Seller merit9489 has the right idea here, eight sets available, none sold yet -

$1789 for the colored 10 coin set

I didn't get in on this because I don't believe this set even with only 2500 mintage, that it will command such premium. I figure only a $200 - $300 dollar premium, which after my ebay and paypal fees, make it less enticing for a flip.

Time will tell, be interesting to see what happens.

edit to add - plus, I just can't imagine that the colored coin market is that strong. Seems to be a novelty item. Gimme a high quality piedfort or high relief, low mintage coin, I think those are flippable.
  • Options
    Take your "horse blinders" off and take advantage of what some collectors want.
    I don't collect colorized stuff either, but that doesn't mean I'll ignore them when there is a potential profit to be made.

no thanks.

you go ahead and have my share of these potential profits; I have no interest in "taking advantage" of others by dealing junk to them

• Options

<< <i>Seller merit9489 has the right idea here, eight sets available, none sold yet -

$1789 for the colored 10 coin set

I didn't get in on this because I don't believe this set even with only 2500 mintage, that it will command such premium. I figure only a $200 - $300 dollar premium, which after my ebay and paypal fees, make it less enticing for a flip.

Time will tell, be interesting to see what happens.

edit to add - plus, I just can't imagine that the colored coin market is that strong. Seems to be a novelty item. Gimme a high quality piedfort or high relief, low mintage coin, I think those are flippable. >>

If you had an eBay store, on a $1300 sale, your combined ebay & paypal fees, would be $87.75,(which does not include the 20% kick back of the FVF) leaving you with a net profit of almost $300 (30% in 30 days is nothing to be ignored)
  • Options
    but talismancoins has 5 of them on eBay for $999.95 & Free Shipping....

• Options

<< <i>but talismancoins has 5 of them on eBay for $999.95 & Free Shipping.... >>

down to 2 sets - on a pre sale basis
  • Options
    These are on just about all AU dealer sites I know of, highest price I've seen anywhere is $966. They will be on the American sites soon too. And Unavailable on the Perth site does not mean sold out. Good luck.
  • Options

<< <i>Take your "horse blinders" off and take advantage of what some collectors want.

no thanks.

you go ahead and have my share of these potential profits; I have no interest in "taking advantage" of others by dealing junk to them >>

• Options

<< <i>but talismancoins has 5 of them on eBay for $999.95 & Free Shipping.... >>

Talisman smarted up...raised their BIN to $1099

Perth Mint must have had a few cancellations...11 available again.
  • Options
    My set shipped already and should be here the day after tomorrow!
    I see no frenzy on eBay, I may end up keeping it for my son, given that it will be nice enough.

Has anyone else received the tracking number?
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a picked up some o the Dragons (Berlin, HR) but I think this set is DOA.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options

<< <i>I have a picked up some o the Dragons (Berlin, HR) but I think this set is DOA. >>

It's not going to be white hot.

But it sold out that day. Some were cancelled, but they sold out quickly. These have a global market.
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think colorized quarter kilo-sized special finish topical subject holed and bi-metallic SEGS slabbed pieces of junk are great if you want them. And they're great if you want to buy them and flip them.

But I don't think they really are pertinent to this forum.

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I have a picked up some o the Dragons (Berlin, HR) but I think this set is DOA. >>

It's not going to be white hot.

But it sold out that day. Some were cancelled, but they sold out quickly. These have a global market. >>

Even Talisman is sold out for the time being at $1099 per set. If you do a little bid of research on eBay, it's unbelievable what most of the colorized coins issued by the foreign mints are selling for. Considerably more than most US issued silver commems. I had no idea, that there is such a huge world wide market for the colorized stuff. Is it ever going to catch on in the States? Would you pay a premium for a colorized 5 oz puck issued by the Mint?
  • Options
    No colored puck's for me yuck
    Ebay Seller Americansilvereagle 800+ feedback
  • Options
    they'd choose crayon colors and ruin the effect image
  • Options

<< <i>No colored puck's for me yuck >>

How about a 3 oz puck's like the ones below?image

• Options
    can you buy them for triple melt, and flip them for quadruple melt?

• Options

<< <i>can you buy them for triple melt, and flip them for quadruple melt? >>

I have no idea, but reviewing completed auctions on eBay for that year, they have sold anywhere from a low of $499 to a high $990.

I believe the issue price in 2008 was either $240 or $340......I can't remember. You be the judge.
  • Options
    It is really a beautiful set, the colorization is very well done and the coins are well assorted.
    The display box is nice too.

Though, I found few good deals on gold and couldn't have that much money tied for long time.
    So I sold it.

• Options
    Ciccio, if you don't mind me asking, how much did you sell the set for and did you use ebay for sale?
  • Options

<< <i>Ciccio, if you don't mind me asking, how much did you sell the set for and did you use ebay for sale? >>

Yes, I did use eBay. The offer was over $1200.
    I was probably lucky to find a buyer near me that wanted the set. That price is the highest paid so far on eBay.