Home Precious Metals
Options

10 Coin Colorized Silver Dragon Set - Perth Mint

2»

Comments

• Options
    silverman68silverman68 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Ciccio, if you don't mind me asking, how much did you sell the set for and did you use ebay for sale? >>

Yes, I did use eBay. The offer was over $1200.
    I was probably lucky to find a buyer near me that wanted the set. That price is the highest paid so far on eBay. >>

Someone offer me $1100, I have 3 sealed in original box.
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Back up and available on the Perth Mint web site now!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Back up and available on the Perth Mint web site now! >>

Yep, I saw that when I went to look at the PM 1000 mintage two coin release of a QE DJ set.

The colored dragon set, eh, not enough flip potential to make it worthwhile to a regular joe like me. As someone else said, the beauty of the silver should speak for itself.

The 1000 mintage two coin PM QE DJ set? I passed. Standard 1 oz coin in a pair with royal trumpets, QE in royal poses, etc. Not remarkable. Even with only 1000 sets, I think it's a minor premium set.

Too many QE DJ releases.

Tough to choose a winner. My hat is hanging on the Royal Mint 3250 mintage piedfort effort, I bought one. Time will tell.
  • Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761

<< <i>The colored dragon set, eh, not enough flip potential to make it worthwhile to a regular joe like me. As someone else said, the beauty of the silver should speak for itself. >>

I agree with you. I flipped it asap, though, I didn't expect the set to be so nice!

<< <i>Too many QE DJ releases.

Tough to choose a winner. My hat is hanging on the Royal Mint 3250 mintage piedfort effort, I bought one. Time will tell. >>

I feel that all these releases will end up as most of the commemorative coins with no after market. I may be wrong of course.

I was just thinking to get a cupro-nickel coin, just to have one. Then I decided to get a set of uncirculated Sovereign coins (quarter, half and full) with the new design to celebrate the Jubilee . At least they are made of gold! image
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009