Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

The official 1960 Topps set thread, show 'em off or just chime in

Comments

• Options
    Didn't do the Grand Total, but I picked up the PSA 9 Herzog. Just short on a few others. Man I was salivating. Wished I had about 30 grand to drop. Whitey will have to do image. Jeff
  • Options
    Jeff, Great pickup on the Psa 9 Whitey Herzog card. you've really made a big improvement on you're set in a fairly short time. congratulations and good luck with future upgrades. PB
  • Options
    Just wanted to send out a congratulations to Don Johnson [ Mariner } for the completion of his awesome 1960 set, all 8's or better. WOW along with his fantastic 1959 set i am envious. again congrats on completing the set Don and good luck with the other sets you're working on. Phil
  • Options
    Awesome Job!!! I am trying to do the same. It gets tough as nails as you get closer! Way to go!
  • Options
    marinermariner Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, Phil!! I really appreciate the congrats and comments. It is a tough one, as you very well know, but it is a labor of love. The 1960 Topps baseball set is fantastic IMHO.
    Don

Collect primarily 1959-1963 Topps Baseball
    set registry id Don Johnson Collection
    ebay id truecollector14
  • Options
    Awesome Job!! It really is a lobor of love...sometimes one falls out of love before they get close to finishing, which is my case.

I think this an fantastic set too! With the exception of a couple of raw cards I'd like to upgrade and a few cards already graded, I've nearly completed a raw set.
    If anyone is looking for 1960 baseball graded in Psa 7 or higher take a look at my Registry Set (I'm 4theboyz... ranked in the mid 40s) I have about 75-85 cards graded PSA 8 or above.

Awesome job on the completion of this great set!! image
  • Options
    This thread needs to be revived...I love this set! Anyone have any for sale in 7 & up? LMK.....

Semper Fi
    Dan

edited for spelling!
    "If the Army and the Navy ever look on Heaven's scene, they will find the streets are guarded by United States Marines!" - Marine Corps Hymn
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is my favorite set from the 60s. I have been working on it for about 20 years with my goal to finish it while I am still alive (odds 50-50). I purchased some PSA 8s and then the lower quality cards did not look so good in comparison so I decided to do it in 8. Although I have over 400 in 8 I need the big dollar cards to complete it. I may finish the set with lower rated cards and then upgrade as able. I do have some dups for trade or sale. #148 Yaz rookie PSA 6, # 132 Howard rookie PSA 6, # 173 Billy Martin PSA 7, #60, 276, 325, all PSA 8. After I update my registry set I will have quite a few more dups.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    Looks like it's been a while since someone posted on this thread, but I thought I'd add a scan of a unique 1960 Topps item.

Yes, you can clearly see the Sandy Koufax card through the wrapper. Who knows that else is inside this wax beauty?

And yes, 1960 Topps is my favorite baseball set of all.
    We learn nothing from history...except that we learn nothing from history.
  • Options
    Does anyone know which set was broken up and sold on ebay the past few days? Whoever had it, it looks like it was a beautiful set, congratulations on putting it together!

I was happy to grab some cards I needed from the sale. Generally the prices looked to be very strong and, in some cases, surprisingly high.
  • Options
    new to these boards, working on a 60 set in 7/8 and about 83% complete. Anybody selling/trading extras?
    Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options
    My (bricks) set on the registry is made up of duplicates. LMK if any are on your want list.

Ralph

• Options
    I have a few dupes....shoot me a PM.
    Don

ebay id truecollector14
  • Options
    pm's sent Don and Ralph...thanks!
    Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options
    pm returned.

Ralph

• Options
    PM sent again Ralph...actually 2 pm's sent because I'm not well organized sometimes image
    Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options
    Dan....great set you have there...congrats!! I checked but you already have the cards that I have available. Good luck! image
    Don

ebay id truecollector14
  • Options
    Thanks Don, love to have one as nice as yours one day! I appreciate you checking your extras.

EDIT:
    started a set with my extras, if anybody can use any of them lmk and maybe we can do some swapping...link below.
    1960 extras
    Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options
    Anybody have any 60's for trade. Looking for 8's, but can use 7's if we can work out a trade. I'm just a card or two from hitting 90% complete. Here's what I need:
    18 19 29 48 49 78 83 86 114 151 176 190 199 219 220 223 224 230 239 250 261 262 273 275
    282 286 287 288 294 298 299 309 312 321 336 337 340 341 343 365 370 391 396 401 422 429
    448 450 453 454 459 480 481 493 502 509 512 514 515 516 517 525 526 527 530 531 532 535
    544 546 547 563 564

anything at the link below would be available for trade towards these.

Graded FT/FS
    Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options
    BasherBoyBasherBoy Posts: 510 ✭✭
    Still looking for some 60's. Finally got to 90% today!
    My 60 set in progress
    Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options
    Anyone interested in this? Let me know. May be willing to part with it image

• Options
    intersted in what?
    Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options

<< <i>intersted in what? >>

There should be a picture in my post. I can see it, haha. Its a 1960 Topps #551 Ed Rakow PSA 9
  • Options
    ahh now I see the scan...pm sent
    Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options
    Anybody have any nice 1960's for sale or trade??
    Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options
    Anybody have any nice 1960 Topps to sell or trade??
    Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options
    My latest pickup. Down to the last 60 I need in 8

Ralph

• Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    That is a wonderful card. Burdette and Buhl were both quality pitchers (Bob owned the Dodgers about as much as O'Malley did) in their own right.

• Options
    arexarex Posts: 999
    Anybody have any HoF cards they would be willing to part with?
    looking for PSA 6-7
    Thanks
    Arex
  • Options

picked up another.

Ralph

• Options
    nice one, and that's 2 in a row that I still need!image
    Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options
    An upgrade to my set.

Ralph

• Options
    I wondered who grabbed that...was kicking myself for not getting it quickly enough
    Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options
    grabbed this one for my set today. Had a 7 that wasn't the best looking, so a nice upgrade. Says pop 2, 4 higher...so not bad.
    Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options
    Another upgrade. I need 26 more cards to complete the set. I need 57 in PSA 8. I also purchased #307 which I had in 8 but thought it may have been overgraded.

Ralph

• Options
    got any extra 8's Ralph?
    Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options
    Only #106 and 307 which are in my Unisquare store. All the others I had are gone.

Ralph

• Options
    I'll soon have an extra thanks to my old brain which does not fire on all cylinders. I need #78 which I bid on a couple times this year but not high enough. I read the name on #177 and think it is the one that got away. I am the present high bidder well above VCP. I thought about retracting my bid and no big deal because the new high bid would be only $1 below my bid. See my brain doesn't work. With my bid gone the new high bid would be about $60 lower which would not be fair to the seller for one reason many who saw my bid simply moved on. I can't retract and bid again below the underbidder as that would make me a shiller and we know what a kruk of crap they are. I'll just eat this one, compare it to my other, keep the best and put the other in my store. And to make matters worse I am not close to my maximum bid yet.

Ralph

• Options
    love to have the Gardner, but it's just more than I want to give for one right now. I think I'd just pull my bid on the other one. I doubt the seller will be out much (I was planning on bidding again at the end before it jumped up $60).
    Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options
    Still looking. Need 25 to finish my set (though I have a bunch that I hope to upgrade also) Anybody have any of these? Looking for 8's...would consider certain 7's.
    Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options
    picked up this as an upgrade for my set. Anybody have any 60's they'd sell or trade? Haven't found much lately for my set.
    Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Picked this up a few months ago. I've been tracking these for years, and one finally came up. It's only the 3rd to come up since '95, so I was pretty happy to come out on top. Can't wait to get it matted and framed.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    Very nice Anthony
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    That is a very sweet item, Anthony!
    Don

ebay id truecollector14
  • Options
    anybody have any nice 1960 extras they would trade or sell? need 12 more to finish my set (plus a bunch of upgrades lol)
    Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options
    hankcaddyhankcaddy Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭✭✭

Started the 1960 team set today

Bumping a pretty old thread

currently collecting baseball of
    2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭

I really like the Roberts card from that year.

• Options

Good for you, hank caddy!

Don

ebay id truecollector14
  • Options

I can throw out some beauties.....

Don