Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

PCGS Silver Eagle 25th Anniversary coins grading policy

PCGS will recognize all five coins as 25th Anniversary coins if they are sent to us in their original unopened mint packaging. Since the ‘S’ mint and reverse proof have only been made for the 25th Anniversary set they can be sent in from an opened mint package and still receive the 25th Anniversary designation. The others cannot. In order to have all five coins designated as 25th Anniversary they must be submitted in their unopened mint packaging.

All five of the coins are eligible for recognition as First Strike. Standard First Strike rules apply to these coins. The First Strike designation is available as an option on your submission.

All 25th Anniversary coins, including First Strike, will be assigned a unique PCGS number.

Comments

• Options
    spotthedogspotthedog Posts: 313 ✭✭✭
    Thank you!
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,485 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Thank You!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    Thank you for the official announcement. image

Can you make sure that the online submission will work this time?
    In the last year, I tried to submit several First Strike (2010 buffalo, a few First Spouse) online within the first month, but the system didn't recognize the codes.
    Hope you can make it work this time so to save time for both the submitters and graders.

Thanks again.
    BST reference: wondercoin, cone10, fivecents, jmdm1194, goldman86
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Thank You Don.
  • Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank ya kindly.......image
  • Options
    Does this fall under the VARIETY ATTRIBUTION fee?
    "When I die I want to go peacefully in my sleep like grandpa did, not screaming like the rest of the people in his car."
    --- Jack Handy

Positive BST transactions with members - Tander123, Twincam, UtahCoin, ianrussell
  • Options
    bumanchubumanchu Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭

Thank you.
    And I ain't lying this time.
  • Options
    Thanks. Will PCGS accept submission of sealed sets at upcoming coin shows?
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options
    bump to the top
  • Options
    DonWillisDonWillis Posts: 961 ✭✭✭
    Does this fall under the VARIETY ATTRIBUTION fee? - NO

Will PCGS accept submission of sealed sets at upcoming coin shows? - YES unless we run out of space.

Edited for carelessness...

• Options
    GManGMan Posts: 790 ✭✭
    Thanks Don! Now I can make plans for my sets.
    GMan
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    More money for the House. image
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks. Will PCGS accept submission of sealed sets at upcoming coin shows? >>

I gave them a call a few days ago; at that time, they said sealed boxes were being accepted at upcoming shows.
  • Options
    JimDepotJimDepot Posts: 957 ✭✭

<< <i>Thanks. Will PCGS accept submission of sealed sets at upcoming coin shows? >>

Yes, but only at FUN in January. (I hope)

This is a FUNny joke.

Kinda punny too.

• Options
    Sweet. I am getting all my sets graded!
  • Options
    JimDepotJimDepot Posts: 957 ✭✭

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very reasonable.

The entertainment can never be overdressed....except in burlesque

• Options
    bumanchubumanchu Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Does this fall under the VARIETY ATTRIBUTION fee? - NO

Does this fall under the VARIETY ATTRIBUTION fee? - YES unless we run out of space. >>

I suppose this is supposed to be two different questions answered?
    And I ain't lying this time.
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is First Strike available on a Secure Plus graded coin????

• Options
    georgiacop50georgiacop50 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭✭
    I have no experience submitting Moderns for 1st strike & or anniversary.

Can some body tally up the bottom line?

ie. How much do I cut a check to PCGS for for an unopened box of 5 sets with all the trimmings?
  • Options
    Harry779Harry779 Posts: 902 ✭✭
    whats "Secure Plus" ?
  • Options

<< <i>I have no experience submitting Moderns for 1st strike & or anniversary.

Can some body tally up the bottom line?

ie. How much do I cut a check to PCGS for for an unopened box of 5 sets with all the trimmings? >>

I got $388 if you don't pay for the First Strike labels (+ shipping to get there, + any charge for return of gov't packaging)

The breakdown is $14/coin grading x 25 = $350. Plus $8 handling fee and $30 return shipping = $388

If you wan't the FS labels, then it's $838, or $14 + $18 per coin x 25 coins = $800, plus $8 handling and $30 return shipping = $838 (+ shipping to get there, but return of original gov't packaging is included w/ FS price according to the website)

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,377 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    Harry779Harry779 Posts: 902 ✭✭
    still deciding
  • Options
    Any charge to return mint packaging and will it include return of capsules?

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options

<< <i>Any charge to return mint packaging and will it include return of capsules? >>

I have been told there is no additional charge. Make a special note on your submission that you want all OGP back, including capsules.
  • Options

<< <i>If you wan't the FS labels, then it's $838, or $14 + $18 per coin x 25 coins = $800, plus $8 handling and $30 return shipping = $838 (+ shipping to get there, but return of original gov't packaging is included w/ FS price according to the website) >>

This is roughly the amount I was counting on. Just under $900 total with all the trimmings! image
  • Options
    BothuwuiBothuwui Posts: 484 ✭✭
    I've heard rumors of a few extras if submitted through a dealer. Is there a different insert available? Any other extras?
    Successful transactions with: goldman86, dmarks, CoinFame, segoja, commoncents05, wondercoin, Dabigkahuna, Levinll, RNCHSN, MrOrganic, Type2, ModernCoinMart, alohagary, BECOKA, guitarwes, rbf, fishteeth, freechance, agentjim007, PQPeace, Russ, GSAGuy
  • Options

Not me, I will just take the 25th labels and go with that.
  • Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Not me, I will just take the 25th labels and go with that. >>

How many sets did you get?
  • Options

- Nick Giambruno

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I've heard rumors of a few extras if submitted through a dealer. Is there a different insert available? Any other extras? >>

Something about a signed letter from a mint director.

I was told on the phone that there was a different label for bulk submissions. Maybe Don will adress this. >>

the website says First Strike isn't available on a bulk submission, but I'd imagine that only applies to us paying collector's club members, not the "dealers"

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh my gawd, yet another 25th Anniversary Set thread.....just kidding image....thanks for the early submission info, Don.
    I too echo revoldlog, about having the online submission form ready to accept the new PCGS coin #'s.
  • Options
    BothuwuiBothuwui Posts: 484 ✭✭
    I heard something similar illini420, but I thought it was a former Mint Engraver.

I would be interested in hearing if you can get first strike through a regular collector's club bulk submission. The bulk agreement indicates you can, but the website states you can not.
    Successful transactions with: goldman86, dmarks, CoinFame, segoja, commoncents05, wondercoin, Dabigkahuna, Levinll, RNCHSN, MrOrganic, Type2, ModernCoinMart, alohagary, BECOKA, guitarwes, rbf, fishteeth, freechance, agentjim007, PQPeace, Russ, GSAGuy
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info Don.image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,707 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we use the quarterly special and will the free coin include the special labels?
    Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you Don...PCGS made the right decision. Now if you would only publish the 10 different coin #'s for that set (FS & non FS) that may even take a load of your C.S. department.image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thank you Don...PCGS made the right decision. Now if you would only publish the 10 different coin #'s for that set (FS & non FS) that may even take a load of your C.S. department.image >>

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thank you Don...PCGS made the right decision. Now if you would only publish the 10 different coin #'s for that set (FS & non FS) that may even take a load of your C.S. department.image >>

Yes, yes, yes says the customer service department..............image
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like that "bottom line" question :
    How much do I cut a check to PCGS for for an unopened box of 5 sets with all the trimmings?

Great way of asking the tough questions.
  • Options
    tt for those who work for a living....
  • Options
    icsoccericsoccer Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭
    Successful BST transactions to date: Coindeuce, Cohodk, dantheman984, STONE, LeeG, jy8s, jkal, SeaEagleCoins, Hyperion, silverman68,Meltdown,RichieURich,savoyspecial,Barndog
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>tt for those who work for a living.... >>

nah...those people weren't able to get the sets that were only onsale during work hours image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    youniqueyounique Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I heard something similar illini420, but I thought it was a former Mint Engraver.

I would be interested in hearing if you can get first strike through a regular collector's club bulk submission. The bulk agreement indicates you can, but the website states you can not. >>

I talked with a rep in bulk a few days ago about this. She said you don't have to be a dealer to obtain the FS designation when submitting bulk orders.
    So, I guess someone soon will be correcting that on the website.
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I heard something similar illini420, but I thought it was a former Mint Engraver.

I would be interested in hearing if you can get first strike through a regular collector's club bulk submission. The bulk agreement indicates you can, but the website states you can not. >>

I talked with a rep in bulk a few days ago about this. She said you don't have to be a dealer to obtain the FS designation when submitting bulk orders.
    So, I guess someone soon will be correcting that on the website. >>

or someone soon will be correcting that rep image
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does the First Strike phenomena signify the first 5000 who submitted their coins first? What's that all about again?

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    I would like to know if it is possible to send in five sets , get one or two sets graded , and have the rest resealed by pcgs. I,m expecting a No... but this would be a great option.
  • Options

<< <i>Does the First Strike phenomena signify the first 5000 who submitted their coins first? What's that all about again? >>

..first strike... = bought..dated from mint .. the first thirty days.. I would think they are all first strike...because they sold out in 4-6 hrs
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Does the First Strike phenomena signify the first 5000 who submitted their coins first? What's that all about again? >>

..first strike... = bought..dated from mint .. the first thirty days.. I would think they are all first strike...because they sold out in 4-6 hrs >>

Still waiting for PCGS to post the 10 different coin numbers related to this set. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file