Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Official Group BBCE Monster Box/Case Break #6 Baseball/Football!!! Scans are being posted, more to c

Comments

• mcolney1mcolney1 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭
    If there's any left I'll take some more Topps Football

4 packs of 82 wax
    4 packs of 83 wax

Thanks,

Tony
    Collecting Topps, Philadelphia and Kellogg's from 1964-1989
  • 2 more 75 OPC for me thanks
  • LarryPLarryP Posts: 339 ✭✭
    I'll take the last 2 - 1982 Topps BB Cellos

Thank you,
    -Larry
    Upgrading: Nothing!

Selling: Everything!
    eBay Auctions
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,949 ✭✭✭✭

Page 1!!

You KNOW you want a box of 1978 OPC!!
  • pm sent
  • MacrosBMacrosB Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'd like 3 more packs of 77 OPC if still available

Also, a question for the 78 OPC boxes. Maybe it was asked already and I missed it?

Would Steve specify on his wrapping label that the box was from a sealed case?

Sure would carry on the premium. I am on the fence about salting a minty box away

Thanks >>

InitialD, Heres what Steve had on the 81 rack box I got in the last break.

Jim
    Looking for 66 and 69 OPC baseball
    60's OPC packs
    72 BB, 60's FB, 71FB, 73FB, 74FB, 75FB, 76FB, 78FB Rack Packs
    72 and earlier BB cello

• << <i>
    You KNOW you want a box of 1978 OPC!! >>

Yeah, so you can get a perfectly centered, mint Nolan Ryan, and bring home the bacon image

PSA 9 Nolan Ryan

Or maybe you'll be lucky enough to get card #1 in PSA 9.

Rod Carew PSA 9

Go ahead boys, open up those wallets image
    What's your problem? Are you even buying anything, or are you here to start trouble? Alt.
  • cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭
    And he uses League Leader cards as his examples. What gives???
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.

• << <i>And he uses League Leader cards as his examples. What gives??? >>

He knows nothing about vintage wax
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
    This BS made me purchase a VCP membership, so BobbyVCP can thank you for that.

A REAL Nolan Ryan in PSA 9:
    8/20/2011 $90.00
    7/26/2011 $73.00
    6/29/2011 $100.00
    6/28/2011 $62.11
    6/9/2011 $83.00
    6/9/2011 $95.00
    5/24/2011 $125.00
    5/12/2011 $119.99
    1/17/2011 $92.00

A REAL Rod Carew in PSA 9:
    6/9/2011 $62.61
    9/3/2010 $95.00
    8/23/2009 $71.15
    5/31/2009 $99.99

Eddie Murray in PSA 9:
    6/9/2011 $130.50
    6/8/2011 $122.49
    5/8/2011 $216.50
    1/13/2011 $202.50

Pete Rose in PSA 9:
    6/9/2011 $66.14
    12/14/2010 $34.00
    8/30/2010 $28.00
    4/28/2010 $59.55

George Brett in PSA 9:
    9/24/2008 $154.85

...and these are just the high-pop stars. Not to mention that this is a set with only 242 cards in it, and the box contains 360 cards. Dude you better buy something or go play with your coins. Alt.
  • SethroSethro Posts: 671 ✭✭

<< <i>And he uses League Leader cards as his examples. What gives??? >>

League Leader cards are no good? I was totally psyched when I picked up a 1979 cello Rod Carew/Dave Parker on top. No wonder nobody commented on it when I posed the pic!
    Positive transactions: Bighurt2000 - DavidPuddy - ShootyBabitt - Bosox1976 - LarryP - Captainthreeputt - Tedw9 - aconte -EAsports -Johnsteph10 -hhmag70 - depcs - TheThrill22 - scotgreb - longtimemetsfan - cadets68 - augustaman - mcholke - miconelegacy

• << <i>
    He knows nothing about vintage wax >>

Thread about 1978 OPC wax from 2005

Let's just say I've seen my fair share from wax and vending. Buying o-pee-chee wax from Steve
    from this issue has been a bust for one person, and is it against the law for me to point this out, along
    with the low prices on many of the 9's on ebay ?

I'm not saying the box is a bust. It's probably a lot of fun to rip, and you can make a full set. So rip away.

And, if this deal is so great, then you guys buy all the wax, rip it, and sell all your great cards and make a fortunate, being
    that you know so much about wax. image

• << <i>

<< <i>

Let's just say I've seen my fair share from wax and vending. Buying o-pee-chee wax from Steve
    from this issue has been a bust for one person, and is it against the law for me to point this out, along

I'm not saying the box is a bust. It's probably a lot of fun to rip, and you can make a full set. So rip away.

And, if this deal is so great, then you guys buy all the wax, rip it, and sell all your great cards and make a fortunate, being
    that you know so much about wax. image >>

seen or purchased your share of vintage wax?
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle

• << <i>

<< <i>

that you know so much about wax. image >>

Afternoon,

Are you an Agent for Steve, you Coin Troll ?...............Keep it up I'll buy a second Box................Oh wait a minute, that's the Plan!!!

YeeHahimage

Neilimage
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Sorry had to get my wife home from the hospital and set everything up. She's starting oxygen at night. Anyway, I'll go through and get this updated as fast as possible, sorry for the absence.

I see someone still has a lingering that time of the month. Starting to remind me of someone else. Maybe you guys can start a Debbie Downer fan club. Good Luck with your Gold, oh and Silver it's been doing great lately hasn't it?

You opened your mouth for no reason. You, if you have some intelligence should know feedback without a relationship is harassment. Nobody asked for an opinion, therefore you are just harassing people and this thread. Sounds like a good life, good for you.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • i'll take 2 1984 cellos football, 2 1982 packs football and 2 1981 packs football..thanks
  • I will take 2 more each of the 82 & 83 Football Wax, if they are available. Thanks!
    Joel
  • Scottie I put you down for the 84's, and the last 81. The 82's where already sold out in order. Again I apoligize for not being able to update earlier. But if I updated this the way the posts come it would be more than just a part time job, lol.

Jwgators the 82's are sold out as you can see, I put you down for 3 83's to close that box out. If you only want just the 2, I'll remove it.

This should be all update boys and girls, we have a bit of work left especially on the Vintage baseball.

Thanks, and please PM me if something isn't right. Thannks larryp for pointing out a couple errors. I am not even close to being perfect.

Stinks the sox game got rained out, just saw that. Are the Rays losing? I hope so, I don't even want to look...

Mike
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • I am down for 4 1981 topps fb wax, but only 2 of the 82 and 83? What gives, I know I added 2 more of each before some of the other peeps that got in on the boxes??
  • nendeenendee Posts: 563 ✭✭✭
    I'll take 1 76 Topps BB wax pack
    Cubs and Purdue Fan - Ouch!

My collecting blog: http://ctcard.wordpress.com
  • You are correct, and it is my mistake. I just sent Steve at BBCE an email and he'll have 2 packs of 82 and 83 Topps Football set aside for you, and will be at the discounted price.

Sorry for the mistake.

Mike
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • I will take those 3 83s Mike. Thanks.
    Joel
  • Hey, no prob Mike. This is my first time participating, so I am really excited about it. Thanks for making the arrangements with steve.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pmcollector, the cost per pack in this box is about 8 dollars. What would you expect a PSA 9 league leaders card to go for? $100? Where else are you going to find a case fresh wax box for less than $300?? And one PSA 9 Murray virtually pays for the entire box.

Regarding Steve and OPC product, you must have missed the 75 OPC box rips a few months back from which more than several PSA 10s were pulled as well as many PSA 9s. OPC wax is always going to be a crapshoot because their production methods were very primitive even compared to Topps, so diamond cuts and OC cards are the norm, without question.

Edit to add: the point here is we are collectors having fun with old cardboard. If profit were the only objective, it wouldn't be called a hobby.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭
    OK, I'll take two more '77 packs (I just noticed we could get 3 per post for OPC).
    2.5 is pretty much my speed.
  • DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This BS made me purchase a VCP membership, so BobbyVCP can thank you for that.

A REAL Nolan Ryan in PSA 9:
    8/20/2011 $90.00
    7/26/2011 $73.00
    6/29/2011 $100.00
    6/28/2011 $62.11
    6/9/2011 $83.00
    6/9/2011 $95.00
    5/24/2011 $125.00
    5/12/2011 $119.99
    1/17/2011 $92.00

A REAL Rod Carew in PSA 9:
    6/9/2011 $62.61
    9/3/2010 $95.00
    8/23/2009 $71.15
    5/31/2009 $99.99

Eddie Murray in PSA 9:
    6/9/2011 $130.50
    6/8/2011 $122.49
    5/8/2011 $216.50
    1/13/2011 $202.50

Pete Rose in PSA 9:
    6/9/2011 $66.14
    12/14/2010 $34.00
    8/30/2010 $28.00
    4/28/2010 $59.55

George Brett in PSA 9:
    9/24/2008 $154.85

...and these are just the high-pop stars. Not to mention that this is a set with only 242 cards in it, and the box contains 360 cards. Dude you better buy something or go play with your coins. Alt. >>

Brett, and Carrew are two of the hardest cards in the set. That's why they go for good coin.. Rose is a tough card, but it's a double print so the POP in 9 is climbing.
    Gary Carter is the toughest HOF'er to pull in high grade. If I hadn't sold my Registry Set I would have paid $150+ for a 9.
    Believe me, if I hadn't sold my set I'd be all over a box of 78's. Some good info on the set.
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
    I know the Rose in Topps is a double print, but I don't see anywhere saying that the OPC is also double printed. I can certainly be wrong, but I don't know where else to look.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, I believe the Rose is a triple print in the Topps version, if memory serves..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    ok.. if this is possible

I'll do
    4 75 opc
    5 77 opc (closes them)
    2 84 fb cello
  • initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭
    I should have 5 total packs of 77 OPC?

LMK thanks

• << <i>
    Edit to add: the point here is we are collectors having fun with old cardboard. If profit were the only objective, it wouldn't be called a hobby. >>

That's what us gold and silver guys have a hard time understanding, at least most of us anyway. We can crunch numbers, analyze
    charts, and be as technical as the rest, but fun is not the primary objective.

I do enjoy sportscards, but the coinguy in me doesn't allow me to enjoy them if I'm overpaying for something. I do tend to analyze
    something dollars and cents wise way too much before I purchase something. Just the nature of my beast.
  • Which is completely okay, and respectable. The problem is the way you posted in this thread.

Go re-analyze your first post, then apologize for simply being rude. It was like telling a 5 year old Santa isn't real. But we collectors of sportscards will not let your negativity affect us.

Moving along, and really don't post on this thread again. There's really no reason too. Go back to your precious metals board. Hey and Gold is up a little which makes my SPDR shares happy, and should you too. image
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • I will update this thread in an hour or so.

Steve just informed me that he'll break the case of 78 OPC if we sell out at least 12 boxes. image
    Miconelegacy Auctions

<< <i>Steve just informed me that he'll break the case of 78 OPC if we sell out at least 12 boxes. image >>

YES!! image
  • shu4040shu4040 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭
    I'll take those final 3 77 football wax if still available.

Thanks
  • I'll take more

78 OPC box
    (1) 84 fb cello pack
    (2) 86 TOPPS FB PACK

TODD
  • cool I may have to buy some wax
  • Miconelegacy,

As someone who contributed $20 to your wax gift because of the compassion I felt for your situation, I feel compelled to help you
    once again. Here is what I wrote in my first post....................................

Many of the common nine's sell for five bucks. Even the tougher PSA 9's don't sell for much.
    The 78 box should be lots of fun though for those who like to rip older wax, and the price is right, but it may be for those
    who like raw sets instead of graded.

Exactly 9 posts later, Jeffcbay called me a stiff, and to screw me, simply for stating that this fun box rip would be for those who
    like to build raw sets. That was simply my opinion. Please explain to me how that's rude ?

Then you asked me to come and apologize for that statement, but to never post again. Read your post seven posts up from here.
    How am I to apologize if I shouldn't post ??

You are more then welcome to ever enter any of our threads with a disagreeing viewpoint. You will not be asked
    to leave, or have people say screw you.

I will leave now for your sake because you asked. I don't feel an apology is needed for my first post, but I will PM you one
    if you feel it is. And I will contribute to a group gift to you again if your personal situation ever got worse. I am Christian, and
    sorry if you got offended, but I am forgiving towards jeffcbay, and to you for asking someone with a difference of opinion
    to simply leave. I hope if your children or co-workers ever disagree with you, that you find a way to be more accepting of
    their different point of view. You will not hear from me again on this thread. Enjoy your rip. It should be fun !!!

PM
  • DoctorKDoctorK Posts: 868 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Miconelegacy,

As someone who contributed $20 to your wax gift because of the compassion I felt for your situation, I feel compelled to help you
    once again. Here is what I wrote in my first post....................................

Many of the common nine's sell for five bucks. Even the tougher PSA 9's don't sell for much.
    The 78 box should be lots of fun though for those who like to rip older wax, and the price is right, but it may be for those
    who like raw sets instead of graded.

Exactly 9 posts later, Jeffcbay called me a stiff, and to screw me, simply for stating that this fun box rip would be for those who
    like to build raw sets. That was simply my opinion. Please explain to me how that's rude ?

Then you asked me to come and apologize for that statement, but to never post again. Read your post seven posts up from here.
    How am I to apologize if I shouldn't post ??

You are more then welcome to ever enter any of our threads with a disagreeing viewpoint. You will not be asked
    to leave, or have people say screw you.

I will leave now for your sake because you asked. I don't feel an apology is needed for my first post, but I will PM you one
    if you feel it is. And I will contribute to a group gift to you again if your personal situation ever got worse. I am Christian, and
    sorry if you got offended, but I am forgiving towards jeffcbay, and to you for asking someone with a difference of opinion
    to simply leave. I hope if your children or co-workers ever disagree with you, that you find a way to be more accepting of
    their different point of view. You will not hear from me again on this thread. Enjoy your rip. It should be fun !!!

PM >>

What does your contribution have to do with any of this? Was it necessary to add that into this?
    I really don't feel like fueling this guy anymore. No sense in letting him ruin a perfectly fun Group Rip. Like Grote15 said: "the cost per pack in this box is about 8 dollars. What would you expect a PSA 9 league leaders card to go for? $100? Where else are you going to find a case fresh wax box for less than $300?? And one PSA 9 Murray virtually pays for the entire box."

• << <i>1978 OPC Steve Carlton PSA 9

Tough ?

who like raw sets instead of graded. >>

I appreciate your contribution toward the wonderful packs the board got me. I just don't have the patience to see any negativity anymore. Your two sentences...{"Many of the common nine's sell for five bucks. Even the tougher PSA 9's don't sell for much."} and your examples, well the whole post really where BS.

The issue is nobody asked anything, zero about graded 78 OPC cards. Nobody asked about prices, grades, selling, Ebay, nothing...

So tell my why again you shouldn't take back your post. It certainly wasn't to inspire and motivate anyone. It was more like hey I don't think these things sell too well, watch out and here are some examples.

So yes that was BS, I am a christian too, but I call like I see it. It was not needed, it wasn't positively designed, and you weren't even involved in this group break. If someone asked questions about prices or grades, really anything about OPC or that year, then it changes the scenario.

But what was the point? Was it supposed to be like a "Buyer Beware"?

So yes I think you owe this thread an apology. Your post was out of line...period.

Thank you again for your contribution. The packs the board got me was such a surprise, and very meaningful for me during these difficult times. It was greatly appreciated and I am sure you are a wonderful christian. I only opened a few of the packs so far, that was where the Stabler RC came from and just popped a PSA 9 yesterday.

Whatever I don't want to talk about this stuff anymore. It eventually just bores me. It's like a battle of words. I just think people, anyone on here, these boards when you make a mistake fix it. It's that simple, at the very least apoligize especially if the majority think your post was uncalled for. Half the derailed threads could be saved if more Debbie's(Or those who are in a Debbie mood, we all have our days) just simply said sorry.

I will keep saying how I feel when someone is wrong and it is disruptive/disrespectful to others. I am a defender of positive core values.

Take care,

Miconelegacy Auctions
    Well put, Mike. We need to keep this thread positive.

This is one of the most exciting group rips in recent memory! We're approaching the end of the 96-hour mark, and then it's open season on the rest of the packs! We're only three boxes short of selling at least 12 of the OPC boxes! I refresh this thread about as often as I check for poppage! I can't wait to send my payment to BBCE! image
  • Please put me down for Qty 2 of the 84 fb wax packs

Thanks, David
  • Should be all updated through daverat. We are really doing good. The last break we did took 7 or 8 days, we are almost there.

Here is what's available:

Baseball:

1975 OPC Packs(23)
    1976 Topps Wax Packs(16)
    1978 OPC Wax Case(We have 8 solid, need at least 4 more)
    1980 OPC Wax Packs(20)

Football:

1984 Topps Wax Packs(18)
    1986 Topps Wax Packs(15)

I took the last 2 84 Football Cello's to close them out. We aren't even 4 days into this. Great pace!
    Miconelegacy Auctions

<< <i>1978 OPC Wax Case(We have 8 solid, need at least 4 more) >>

Crap, I didn't realize we lost one... I really hope this case doesn't fail. I'd pick up another one if I had the extra card funds.
  • I'll pick up another if need be.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • MacrosBMacrosB Posts: 525 ✭✭✭
    I am still willing to take 2 of the 78 OPC boxes to help out. I might even rip one.

Jim
    Looking for 66 and 69 OPC baseball
    60's OPC packs
    72 BB, 60's FB, 71FB, 73FB, 74FB, 75FB, 76FB, 78FB Rack Packs
    72 and earlier BB cello
  • lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭
    I'm really contemplating forking out some dough for the 78 OPC. Does anyone have an idea of the card values for this set? I know nothing about OPC.

Thanks!

<< <i>I'm really contemplating forking out some dough for the 78 OPC. Does anyone have an idea of the card values for this set? I know nothing about OPC.

Thanks! >>