Home Sports Talk
Options

2011 SF Giants thread: Title Defense Failed

Comments

• Options
    Timmy's 133 pitch CG against OAK may have tired out his arm temporarily. He'll be back soon!
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    I don't know, his mini-slump also started after Buster went down.

Before Buster's injury: opposing batters (10 games, avg 7ip per game) = .203/.278/.295
    after Buster's injury: opposing batters (3 games, avg 6 ip per game) = .296/.333/.493

Tim attributed his bad August last year with difficulties getting used to having a new catcher (Posey) behind the plate. I wonder if this 3 game slump is a mirror of that?
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Tim attributed his bad August last year with difficulties getting used to having a new catcher (Posey) behind the plate. I wonder if this 3 game slump is a mirror of that? >>

i thought it had to do with fatigue and with his delivery? i do get the getting used to thing, however i remember seeing video of "August" vs "October and Nov1stimage" and there was a difference.

i will not debate how much the Giants will miss Posey this year, i'm in that cornerimage
  • Options
    Ya know, the whole "What was wrong with Tim" thing from last year seems to be attributed either to trust issues with Posey or conditioning. I heard the conditioning issue over and over again last season, but Tim mentioned during an interview that he was having difficulty "trusting" Posey behind the plate, and was eventually summoned to meet with Sabien and Bochey late in August and told to cut it out.

• Options
    well you might as well give it up and admit you really are Mike Murphy....image

• Options

<< <i>well you might as well give it up and admit you really are Mike Murphy.... >>

• Options
    2011 SF Giants Thread: 6/9 - Edgar gets his ring tonight...

Giants are welcoming back their MVP of the 2010 World Series... even though he's on the other team. Edgar Renteria's going to be given his World Series ring tonight, and I imagine they'll have some sort of tribute lined up for him. Giants fans will cheer him and give him a standing ovation, until he does something bad to the Giants, at which time he'll get the boo's.

Edgar was hurt for most of his time with the Giants, but it was nice that he pulled it all together and got the big hits when they mattered the most... the World Series. image

Shot heard 'round the Bay

The Giants are planning on some sort of Bengie Molina tribute for this year too where they give him his ring, but given the current catcher situation, I've got to wonder if the Giants will give him a contract too...

• Options
    Edgar: unfortunately ego and pride is everything (almost all the time) in pro sports.
    i would surely give him an ovation, and he could go 3-5 for all i care....image

? digicat: when do you think "Pat the Bat" is going to wake up? he looks so mentally defeated (confused) in the box, right now.

• Options
    For Edgar, maybe the tribute before the game is for the fans to get all of their cheering out of the way so they can lay into him after the game starts.

I wouldn't mind a 3-5 night for Edgar, as long as each of those hits are singles, and they're each followed by double plays.

As for Pat, I don't know. Since May 1st, he's hitting .193/.343/.263. He said that when he's not out there every day, he gets out of rhythm and has a hard time getting into the game mentally and physically. Giants management responded by saying that Pat's a professional and needs to adapt.

Maybe Pat needs to go on the DL with some mystery ailment, then spend a few weeks starting in AAA Fresno to work out whatever cobwebs or snakes he's got in his head. He and Fontenot can trade places on the DL later this week.

• Options
    Hmm, Giants just promoted 21 year old catcher Hector Sanchez from A level San Jose to AAA Fresno. Kid's got a gun for an arm (42% caught-stealing percentage this season), and a developing bat (.301/.321/.511) His bb/so ratio is very ugly this year though ( 5 / 41, 184 pa). Prior to this season, he had walked 99 times and struck out 115 times over 4 minor league seasons, so I don't know what's going on this year. Perhaps he's trying to launch it with every swing?

I suspect that they're going to see if he can handle hitting at a higher level. The Giants could really use a gun behind the plate with Posey out, and it wouldn't take much to out-hit Chris Stewart's .000 BA either.

• Options
    2011 SF Giants Thread: 6/9 - SadBum. image

Bumgarner's been pitching very well, but his 2-8 record doesn't show it. He got off to a really rocky start, coughing up 15 earned runs in his first 4 games (17.1 ip), going 0-3.

He then locked it down, and has had an ERA of 1.93 over his last 9 starts. Unfortunately the Giants constantly fail to do anything with MadBum's brilliance, and have a 3-6 record with him on the mound.

It's weird. No other Giants pitcher has performed that well and been cursed by such an utter lack of support since the last week of April. The Giants are squandering this guy's contributions.

• Options

<< <i>The Giants could really use a gun behind the plate with Posey out, and it wouldn't take much to out-hit Chris Stewart's .000 BA either. >>

"Ya think DiNozzo?"image

yes i have too much time on my hands todayimageimage
  • Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The Giants could really use a gun behind the plate with Posey out, and it wouldn't take much to out-hit Chris Stewart's .000 BA >>

Whiteside did throw out a stealing Brandon Phillips last night!! That's a positive. There aren't many teams that have back up catchers that make much an impact. Posey going down created a big problem on offense and defense for the Giants!
  • Options

<< <i>Whiteside did throw out a stealing Brandon Phillips last night!! That's a positive. There aren't many teams that have back up catchers that make much an impact. Posey going down created a big problem on offense and defense for the Giants! >>

Funny thing is, at this time last year, Eli Whiteside was batting .288/.319/.545 in his platoon with Bengie Molina. If Eli had those numbers right now, he'd be one of the best hitters on the team!

Edit to add...

Bochy just said that they might try Pablo Sandoval as a part-time catcher when he gets back. Well, there you go. Then we'll get to fret over: which lineup is better, the one with Pablo at 3b and Whiteside at C, or the one with Tejada at 3rd and Pablo at C?

• Options
    2011 SF Giants Thread: 6/10 - Jose Pagan Memorial Hospital: Freddy goes down

Freddy Sanchez dislocated his shoulder during the game today and had to come out. MRI tomorrow, but 15 day DL a certainty.

Freddy was a fixture in the #2 and #3 spots in the batting order, and one of the team's most consistent hitters, and a very good defensive player as well.

Well.... now the 2nd baseman is down, the backup 2nd baseman (Fontenot) is down, and the backup-backup guy (DeRosa) is also down. Manny Burriss will likely be getting a lot of starting time and 2nd, which is his natural position. Giants fans may remember the bad-old-days when we had a 2nd base problem. Freddy made me forget that. Now I remember it again. Aye aye aye.

Vogelsong's inexplicable streak of 1 run or fewer starts ended at 6, as he gave up 2 runs tonight. One of those runs could have been prevented, but due to a mental mistake on Vogelsong's part, which resulted in him being a little out of position and in the way of any possible throw to the plate (which would have been an easy out had Vogelsong ran to the bag and not the baseline.

Oh, and we won the game too. How about that Nate Schierholtz? Dude is CLUTCH!

• Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    and yet, still in first place....this will be some accomplishment if they can make the playoffs with this many injuries....just goes to show what quality starting pitching can do for you.
  • Options
    Sources report that the Giants have signed Bill Hall, a utility guy who's played quite a bit at 2nd, 3rd, and OF in the past few seasons.

Giants found him in a dumpster next to Minute Maid Park along with his questionable mitt and bat. Not sure if this is a vote of no-confidence in Manny Burriss taking over at 2nd, or if they just need a backup infielder because we don't have one!

Sanchez = starting 2nd baseman = hurt
    Fontenot = backup infielder = hurt
    DeRosa = backup infielder = hurt

Who knows, last year the Giants caught lightning in a bottle with trash-heep signings like Huff, Burrel, and Ross.

This year they've caught that lightning again with Ryan Vogelsong. Maybe the luck will extend to Billy Hall?

• Options

<< <i>and yet, still in first place....this will be some accomplishment if they can make the playoffs with this many injuries....just goes to show what quality starting pitching can do for you. >>

It helps when you're in the NLOL West division.

• Options
    my mind is fuzzy, but the Padres were winning on manufacturing runs with a dismal offense (BA) this time last year and some good pitching.

liked the win last night not Freddy's mishap though. hope the MRI shows minimal strain or damage. wonder if he still works on conditioning/strengthening it and surrounding areas?

Wilson seems to be very dialed in. His beard helps his balance and control (Mike told me...lol)

Pat, oh Pat, such a nice guy. Krukow said he feels good at the plate, but he sure doesn't look it to me. almost another hat trick...
  • Options

<< <i>but the Padres were winning on manufacturing runs with a dismal offense >>

But the Padres had a beast like Adrian Gonzalez to anchor the dismal offense. Pablo's got potential, but he'll be coming back to the Giants with 1 less bone in his hand than he had when he left. Hopefully that bone will end up as having been his "fat/suck/gdp" bone.

• Options
    Will "The Thrill" Clark is at the park today for the Legends Game. I think Aubrey Huff needs a day off. image

• Options
    2011 SF Giants Thread: 6/11 - Timmy's not right image

4th start in a row where Lincecum's been hit hard.

May 27 = 7 ip, 6 hits (2 2b, 1 hr), 3 runs, 0 walks, 4 strikeouts
    June 1 = 6.1 ip, 10 hits (1 3b, 1 hr), 5 runs, 0 walks, 9 strikeouts
    June 6 = 5 ip, 5 hits (1 2b, 1 hr), 4 runs, 3 walks, 5 strikeouts
    June 11 = 4 ip, 7 hits (3 2b), 7 runs, 4 walks, 1 strikeout

The last time Lincecum got tagged for 7 earned runs was June of 2007.

With a bloated disabled list, the Giants only bright spot is it's pitching, and the face of the franchise is looking bad-bad-bad. It's last August all over again.

• Options
    2011 SF Giants Thread: 6/12 - Return of the Panda

Pablo Sandoval got activated and is swapping places with Conor Gillaspie on the roster, with Gallispie going down to Fresno and Panda returning to the lineup.

When he went down, he was the Giants biggest offensive threat. Now he's back, and the Giants have a real offensive threat in the lineup. However, it remains to be seen what having a bone removed from his right hand will do to his power.

• Options
    2011 SF Giants Thread: 6/15 - Nate the Great!

One of my favorite Giants for the last few years has been Nate Schierholtz. He's not an All-Star, and his numbers are not all that impressive, but in the clutch, he delivers. Gutsy outfielder with a wicked arm and fast legs. When he's in Right Field, a ball hit up the line to the wall isn't a guaranteed double, as it's not uncommon for Schierholtz to play the ball off the wall then fire off a laser to 2nd to beat the runner. This year, he seems to be the go-to guy for late-inning magic. When the game is on the line late in the game, Nate's been the guy who's delivered, both with his bat and his glove:

5/6 = 2 run double to tie it up in the 8th (2 outs) (Giants went on to win)
    5/19 = made a diving catch to end the game on a sharp liner to right (with bases loaded and a 1 run lead)
    5/22 = 2 run homer to tie it up in the 8th (Giants went on to win)
    6/1 = drove in the tying run in the 9th (2 outs); drove in go-ahead run in the 11th
    6/6 = drove in the tying run in the 8th (Giants went on to win)
    6/10 = walk-off base hit
    6/12 = drove in the go-ahead run in the 7th
    6/14 = drove in the 6th run in a 6-5 victory

The only reason he's getting play time is because Pat the Bat forgot how to hit and field, so he's been demoted to pinch hitting, while Ross now patrols Left Field.

• Options
    2011 SF Giants Thread: 6/16 - Burriss trots half way to 1st base on Ball 3.

Pretty pathetic. He then tried to do the same after taking a called strike 3 too. He was so distracted from his goof that he was pretty worthless for the rest of the game. The other Giants seemed pretty annoyed by it as well. That's the sort of thing a young player doesn't want to be doing when he's fighting for his job.

They'll probably give Bill Hall a few starts at 2nd during this weekend series with the A's, and when Mike Fontenot gets back from the DL, he'll probably take Burriss' spot.

2011 SF Giants Thread: 6/17 - 2nd worst offense in NL vs 2nd worst offense in AL

Both teams don't know how to score runs, though the pitching on both teams knows how to prevent them.

Giants hitters vs everyone .231/.301/.335
    everyone vs Giants pitchers: .235/.312/.337

A's hitters vs everyone: .239/.306/.347
    everyone vs A's pitchers: .251/.321/.358

• Options
    2011 SF Giants Thread: 6/17 - Missing: Tim Lincecum, 2 time Cy Young Award winner

Timmy's been awful.

Could it be...

The mechanics are off, he can't throw a fastball for strikes, and when he does throw it for strikes, it's in the low 90s. His confidence is shot.

It's like the mojo of the whole rotation has reversed...

Vogelsong is now the ace,
    Bumgarner is the #2
    Cain is still Cain
    Sanchez is Barry Zito
    Lincecum is Todd Wellemeyer

Ugh...

• Options
    2011 SF Giants Thread: 6/19 - effortlessly swept out of Oakland

I posted the numbers before this series...

<< <i>Giants hitters vs everyone .231/.301/.335
    everyone vs Giants pitchers: .235/.312/.337

A's hitters vs everyone: .239/.306/.347
    everyone vs A's pitchers: .251/.321/.358 >>

This is what ended up happening...

A's hitters vs Giants pitching = .230/.306/.345

Giants pitching held the A's hitters to their season averages.

Giants hitters vs A's pitching = .184/.223/.255

Yikes!

• Options
    CollectorAtWorkCollectorAtWork Posts: 859 ✭✭✭
    I actually think that the Giants should trade Vogelsong for a bat. Vogelsong's stock has never been higher, so it's like a career year for him. Trading someone like Sanchez would be like selling a stock when it's already low, but can bounce back.
  • Options

<< <i>I actually think that the Giants should trade Vogelsong for a bat. Vogelsong's stock has never been higher, so it's like a career year for him. Trading someone like Sanchez would be like selling a stock when it's already low, but can bounce back. >>

That's tricky.

Trading the highest WAR player on the team for a bat?

True, Vogelsong is still a mystery commodity. 5 years ago he was out of Major League Baseball and playing overseas. Last year he posted a 4.82 era in the minors for 2 teams and got dumped. This year he's Greg Maddux.

It's entirely possible that he'll run out of pixie dust soon and turn back into the dude who posted a career 5.82 era over 6 MLB seasons, or it's possible that he's the Jose Bautista of pitchers this year.

I kinda lean towards Vogelsong not sustaining his 1.92 era over the long haul of the season, but if we ship Vogelsong, we get Zito back, who's a proven loser while wearing black and orange. The Giants will loose more than half of the games Zito pitches.

The Giants would need to get a HUGE bat who'll add a bunch of wins over the course of the season to make up for the Vogelsong / Zito difference.

But, WHO could the Giants get? Jose Reyes? That'd be nice, but I doubt the Mets would want ONLY Vogelsong.

• Options
    CollectorAtWorkCollectorAtWork Posts: 859 ✭✭✭
    Vogelsong is their fifth starter. Having such a good pitcher as a fifth starter when they badly need a bat is IMHO a luxury the team can't afford. They can add Zito back at #5, but then skip his turn when there are off days. I think ideally the Giants would make the trade with a contending team that needs pitching, but has extra hitting, ideally in the American League. Saying that, I'm not sure who all is on the trade market. I saw BJ Upton is available, but he's only hitting .220 himself, so not sure that's really going to be an upgrade. I don't think the Giants can get Reyes for Vogelsong, but someone like Beltran with the bad knees, but still hitting .280 might be attainable. Not saying this is the best trade available, but just speculating.
  • Options

<< <i>Vogelsong is their fifth starter. Having such a good pitcher as a fifth starter when they badly need a bat is IMHO a luxury the team can't afford. >>

Vogelsong is the "5th starter" only by virtue of the schedule.

The ERA+ and WAR tells that story of importance:

Lincecum (110, 1.4)
    Sanchez (100, 1.1)
    Cain (108, 2.0)
    Bumgarner (116, 1.5)
    Vogelsong (194, 2.6)

The Giants fifth starter is the best pitcher in the rotation this season.

• Options
    2011 SF Giants Thread: 6/21 - MadBum's historically bad start: 0.1 ip, 9 hits, 8 earned runs.

Someone gave the Twins the cheat codes against MadBum tonight:

single-double-single-double-single-double-single-double-strikeout-double

Bum didn't throw any really bad pitches either, the hitters just seemed to know what was coming. Bum was likely tipping his pitches in a really bad way. A good catcher would have noticed early and jogged out to Bum to tell him what he saw. The Giants don't have a good catcher right now. image

On the bright side, how about that SF bullpen? 8 2/3 innings, 1 earned run.

• Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    Bumgarner sure stunk it up tonight. I think he's on track to being this year's 20-game loser. You know it's bad when fans are looking forward to the return of Barry Zito.

Giants need to find a way to score more than 2 or so runs per game especially now when it appears the wheels are about to fall off of the pitching rotation. If things don't change soon they'll be in 3rd place by the all-star break.

Oh yeah..."Tejada" is Spanish for "garbage".
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options

<< <i>Bumgarner sure stunk it up tonight. I think he's on track to being this year's 20-game loser. >>

Bumgarner got lit up, but it's 1 bad game. Prior to tonight's game, he had 10 quality starts in a row, going 3-5 with a 2.03 era. He's 1-4 (with 1 no decision) when he gives up 1 earned run or less. He's been a very good pitcher on a team that can't hit.

Tonight? Rough outing. But Bum's shown that he doesn't take his previous start with him into the next game.

<< <i> You know it's bad when fans are looking forward to the return of Barry Zito. >>

I don't know any fans like that. The fans I know would like to forget Barry Zito and never see him touch the mound at AT&T Park again.

Putting Zito in the starting rotation at the expense of someone else is equal to giving up on Sandoval and giving Tejada the starting job at third.

• Options
    2011 SF Giants Thread: 6/22 - VOGELSTRONG!

Grant Brisbee from McCovey Chronicles sums it up nicely:

"Vogelsong is a) a former Giants prospect, traded for b) a player who helped the Giants win a pennant and c) had an elbow explode before d) pitching pretty meh in Japan before e) pitching awfully in Triple-A before f) deciding he was Tom Seaver."

Ryan Vogelsong = 2011 All Star. Mark it down.

• Options
    2011 SF Giants Thread: 6/23 - Happy Timmy Day is Happy...

After getting rocked for the last few starts, he plowed through the Twins lineup, racking up 7 scoreless innings and 12 strikeouts, giving up only 3 hits and 2 walks.

Timmy looked confident, had full command of his arsenal of pitches, and apparently had faith in catcher Chris Stewart, as he was throwing filthy pitches with utter abandon.

Maybe this is the key: Timmy needs a good defensive catcher who can handle a bunch of crazy breaking stuff and balls in the dirt and not let anything go to the backstop.

Not sure what Sandoval was thinking on the last out of the game. He fielded the ball then decided that he wanted to show off his moves or something.

Kung Fu Panda

I can just hear Bochy in the clubhouse:

Bochy: Hey Pablo, that was a hell of a play you made there. Good job. Don't ever imageing do that again.

• Options
    2011 SF Giants Thread: 6/24 - Jonathan Sanchez <> Strike Zone

In his last 25 innings pitched, Sanchez has walked 25 guys (while striking out 21), and seems lost and confused on the mound. Bochy says that he may put Sanchez in the bullpen for a while "to help him get his confidence back." A few years ago, this worked, and after a few anger filled relief appearances, he came back and threw a no-hitter. This is pretty much code for "Barry Zito's taking Sanchez's rotation spot for a little bit.

I've got a bad feeling about this. Unless there's some currently unknown DL move to be made, the return of Barry Zito will herald the loss of someone from the bullpen (unless the Giants demote a position player, and go with a short bench for a while).

• Options
    2011 SF Giants Thread: 6/25 - Jonathan Sanchez goes to DL, Zito back

Jonathan Sanchez was placed on the 15-day DL for left bicep tendinitis. Zito activated, so there. Pff.

So, now the Giants will need to get creative w/o making someone pitch on short rest this week. If

• Options
    Great performance by MadBum today. It looks like he's left his last outing in the past where it belongs.
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    2011 SF Giants Thread: 6/26 - MadBum!

<< <i>Great performance by MadBum today. It looks like he's left his last outing in the past where it belongs. >>

See? What did I tell ya? He gets blown up in one of his worst outings ever, then bounces back and throws 7 strong and racks up a career high 11 strikeouts in his very next start. He's got a good head for a 21 year old just starting his career.

The Giants injury woes seem to extend to the guys who umpire their games as well! Today was the 3rd time this season where a home plate umpire had to leave the game due to an injury in the middle of a Giants game.

• Options
    2011 SF Giants Thread: 6/28 - The Return of Barry Zito

Now that Jonathan Sanchez is on the DL, Zito gets to toe the rubber for the first time in a few months.

Vogelsong only made it through 5 innings, giving way to 4 innings of Casilla, Affeldt, and Ramirez to preserve the win in a 13-7 runfest.

Since they spent half the bullpen, only Lopez, Romo, and Mota will be avaliable in case Zito gets thumped, so I hope Zito can hang in there.

• Options
    2011 SF Giants Thread: 6/28 - Giants bats sing behind 'Song and Zeets

Zito looked like a "good" version of Barry Zito, going 7 strong while only giving up 2 runs on a 2 run shot early in the game. Somehow, the combination of the beauty of Wrigley and the suckage of the Cubs pitchers resulted in the Giants posting 13 runs in the first game and another 6 in the next. WOW. I'll take it!

That takes care of the run differential issue that some folks have been talking about. image

• Options
    lanemyer85lanemyer85 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭
    You faced Doug Davis and Rodrigo Lopez...two scrubs who should be at home mowing their lawns. I wouldn't get too excited about the offense from today's events.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm rather surprised by how well the Giants are playing. I didn't think they would actually be this good in 2011. It seems to me that they win just about every one run game possible as well. >>

It's surprising to me too. I didn't expect the Giants to compete with platoons at 6/9 positions! The pitching staff is making all the difference.

<< <i>You faced Doug Davis and Rodrigo Lopez...two scrubs who should be at home mowing their lawns. I wouldn't get too excited about the offense from today's events. >>

The Giants have the worst offence in the NL. The fact that they can pile up runs on scrubs is reassuring, especially since struggling scrubs tend to have gems against the Giants.

• Options
    2011 SF Giants Thread: 6/29 - Giants suck, lose.

Burriss.... image!!!

• Options
    2011 SF Giants Thread: 6/30 - Giants suck, lose.

Yeah, Giants hitters can't hit, we know that... but suddenly our lights-out relief corps is blowing saves and hemorrhaging walk-off runs.

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Sometimes I wish I could quit the Giants. I really do. image

• Options
    Today Cain got Cain'd.

Except for Lopez and Cain the entire lineup including the bullpen collectively sucked. Only the Giants batting lineup could make the 5th place Cubs look like postseason contenders.

Wilson has earned most of his saves this year by sheer luck. His luck ran out today.

You know your batting order sucks when the leadoff guy is hitting .215 or something like that. What was he today? 0-7?

Good thing they're in the NL West, a division with only one other better than .500 team.
  • Options

<< <i>Except for Lopez and Cain the entire lineup including the bullpen collectively sucked. >>

Romo and Affeldt had solid 1-2-3 innings.

I didn't see nor hear the game (I was at work, in a meeting during the 9th and beyond), but according to the ESPN, Huff flew out to center with the bases loaded and 1 out in the 12th, and Ross didn't tag up at 3rd and try to score. Was a just a little bloop behind 2nd, or did Ross image up?

• Options
    2011 SF Giants Thread: 7/1 - Giants suck, almost lose.

Lincecum, Cain, and Bumgarner gave up a combined 2 earned runs in 21.1 ip, and all 3 got no-decisions, and the Giants lost all 3.

2 blown saves in a row by Brian Wilson, with tonight's being a spectacular double-whammy, where he blew the save, then, with a 3 run lead in the 9th, loaded up the bases and got charged with a pair of runs before Crawford grew a few inches and stole a base-hit and converted it into a double play to end the game.

Wilson gets the win too. LOL.

I'm gonna go gargle with razor blades to make myself feel a little better.

• Options
    I'm out of town today so haven't been listening nor watching but the Twitter chatter and the Internet have given me enough information to draw a few conclusions...

Giants were handed a win but did everything they could to hand it back. They deserved to lose today.

The offense is pathetic is an understatement.

Bumgarner got Cain'd like he always does. Another quality outing in the can.

Wilson can pout all he wants in the dugout but the fact is he's useless on the mound.

The only ones now fearing the beard is the Giants starting rotation. Time to shave that crap off.

Tonight's win is nothing to celebrate about. It was a sugar-coated disaster.