Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

please delete

Comments

• Options
    MaineJimMaineJim Posts: 740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both parties took a risk since insurance wasn't declared up front but to me if a seller doesn't include insurance then they are self insured. The savings over the long term make up for an occasional loss. I insure everything I sell on ebay, probably not worth it for some of the small stuff but it is one less thing to worry about in life. Maybe it should be a rule for posting items on BST - all shipping terms listed including whether package is insured. Too bad - a lot of hassle over $50.

Maine_Jim
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,020 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CJ, I'm not holding the candle to you, as I believe the screw-up doesn't totally fall on your shoulders. I could ask the OP for his addy to help him defray the costs of his losses, but I opted to help you only because this belongs in the precious metals forum and not the U.S. Coin forum. The OP screwed up, too.

Same candle, different wick.
  • Options
    pennyanniepennyannie Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I am tempted to send the seller $50 to send the buyer $50, so I do not have to see this thread again. image >>

Go for it!! I doubt that either side would complain.image

I still think the seller should have insured/tracked, but in this actual matter i do not blame the seller for not wanting to eat the whole deal. He is almost taking a double hit and AnkurJ is getting off light for not asking how this item is going to be shipped.

AnkurJ has had his share of issues over the years from reading threads on here. By now he should ask how something is going to be shipped. Didn't AnkurJ get into a scabble with Heritage over an auction win on a coin in a genny holder? He assumed and assumed wrong? He knows what issues can arise and this was not his first rodeo. He should have asked that this gold be sent tracked and insured.

I do commend the seller for returning 170 as fast as he did. Most of the time my mail is put in my mailbox at the end of my driveway 1/4 mile away. It would not be hard for someone to stop and grab it. ( That is one reason i ask for insurNCE and delivery confirmation ( the mail man has to drive up to my house to deliver. ) The mailman does a good job overall delivering mail. Most gets to where it is suppose to. How do you know AnkurJ wife, kid or kids friend did not help themselves to 220 bucks worth of gold? We know the seller CJMEZZ can produce a slip showing he mailed something to AnkurJ zip code and town.

I would think after AnkurJ has had a few issues over the last few years he would make sure the seller would ship insured and tracked.
    Mark
    NGC registry V-Nickel proof #6!!!!
    working on proof shield nickels # 8 with a bullet!!!!

RIP "BEAR"
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>The thing is you guys are ASSUMING I should take the full hit because something was "ASSUMED" at the time of a purchase...I don't agree. Also, as I said in my previous post..I have a JOB......I have sold probably 6 items on here that I flipped..........period....I don't use this form to make a living or put food on my table. If it hurts my "reputation" as a seller, I'm sorry, but everyone it entitled to their own opinion. Should I run and have the other 7 people on this forum chime in and say they had a positive experience with me...no, anyone that has dealt with me or WILL deal with me know I'm a good person to deal with......unlike some of you think. Again, if my reputation is hurt based off an "assumption"....i guess i will just have to say, I probably didn't need your business anyway. >>

Baloney. You did not specify to the buyer that your responsibility ends with shipment. You failed to deliver the goods, so you owe him the full $220. Anything short of that is just bad business. The buyer purchased a coin, not a gambling contract with the postal service. Also, if you used First Class instead of Priority Mail, you could have sent the item fully insured for about the same cost. >>

I do not think it is necessary to cite the UCC when completing a deal, unless one of the parties questions the terms. I think it is assumed that both parties are suitably versed in UCC requirements for casual sales, but based on the many comments in this thread it would appear that many are not. As another poster mentioned the legal thing isn't necessarily the right thing.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    People, please stop ragging on CJ. I create this thread to ask for advice. Thus was in the title "what should I do?"

I never mentioned once who the seller was, he came forward himself after being bashed. This has gone on far enough. At this point, CJ and I will work it out one way or another. He made a mistake, as did I by making an assumption. We have all made mistakes, as have I MANY times. But we need to let them go. I have no hard feelings for CJ, and I request every board member reading this to stop bashing him.

You can feel free to reply to this thread, but I formally request a stop to CJ bashing.
    We will work it out. Once it has been worked out, I will let everyone know by replying to this thread.

As for my integrity which a board member has questioned, I am sure there are many other board members here who have known me for years, and know I am an honest person with values and a good set of morals. If others think that I am capable of recieving the gold and not saying anything, then shame on me for painting such an image of myself of being a devient and a theif. Those who know me are aware that I am not one.

Ankur
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    dlmtortsdlmtorts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭
    Well said Ankur. Everyone should stop bashing both buyer and seller. A miscommunication - or lack of any communication re one term of the deal - was at the root of the problem here and they can work it out themselves. Lots of posters here have talked about the right thing to do versus the legal result. Either way - the essence of the deal was the question. The law presumes that the seller "ships" the item and that is the end of his responsibility. Let this be a lesson to us all to make sure our deals are not ambiguous. More importantly, this should be a lesson to us all regarding our own behavior of bashing people because of a simple miscommunication. No one did anything wrong or dirty here. I for one with this had never aired publicly - especially given everyone's tendency to bash one party or the other rather than having a civil discourse. I would do business with either party.
  • Options
    You must admit that the OP did ask for it in his original post when he said...:"What would you do in this case? Who is at fault? Seems like a good way to make a quick $50....."
    Those questions followed by such a statement will always get opposite views of any situation.
  • Options
    Dude just drop it! Me and CJ will figure it out!
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • Options
    i think everyone should jut drop it ...this transaction is between them and it seems like they both are willing to work it out on there own so with that said it is really no one elses business once they say they are working it out i feel they both are honest and on the up and up and would have no problem dealing with either one of them
    POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS
    gdavis70,Musky1011,cohodk,cucamongacoin,robkool,chumley, drei3ree, Rampage,jmski52, commoncents05, dimples, dcarr, Grouchy, holeinone1972, JonMN34, mission16,meltdown,Omega,PQpeace, SeaEagleCoins, WaterSport, whatsup,Wizard1,WinLoseWin,MMR,49thStateofMind,SamByrd,Ahrensdad,BAJJERFAN,timrutnat,TWQG,CarlWohlforth,Ciccio,PreTurb,NumisMe,Patches,NotSure,luvcoins123,piecesofme,perryhall,nibanny,atarian,airplanenut
  • Options

<< <i>First of all, no one on this forum is going to cover $$ for me........thanks for the offers and the thoughtfulness, but i'm not going to accept those offers...i don't need/take handouts.

As for Customroll.......sounds like we have a tough guy on our hands! You already called me a scumbag in your first post on this thread..i said.....if anyone thinks i'm a cheat, scammer, fraud, etc.......shoot me a PM and i'll gladly send you my address and you are more then welcome to come talk about it face to face..........not 1 PM arrived! As for you "taking back" your money and not asking for it.....i'd be interested to know how you would go about that! >>

I'm not a tough guy at all. I just stand firm in my opinions. Maybe scum bag was the wrong word for me to use. For that I apologize to you and have edited my initial post as such.
  • Options
    my 2 cents: I think both parties are good guys. This is just a deal that went haywire because of the post office.

I think that the gold will show up when & where? well only the post office knows that answer.

Over the last 20+ years, I have had 7 items that I either bought or sold 1st class & priority mail get lost by the post office only to be found and delivered. One item took 6 months the others took anywhere from 40 days to 3 months. just fyi 6 of the 7 items had DC & 1 had DC & insurance. With the post office nothing is considered lost until 30 days have passed and even then they drag their feet.

heck about a month ago I had an item take 27 days to go from Ohio to Indiana (40 mile trip).

I will not debate who is at fault here, because I already know whose fault it is. the dang post office.

2 good guys that a bad thing happened to them. The usps.
  • Options
    REALGATORREALGATOR Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For five stinkin bucks, insure the darn package. Who's got time to deal with such pikers? That said, if you still want to deal then pay with a credit card! End of story - Kill this thread.
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>i think everyone should jut drop it ...this transaction is between them and it seems like they both are willing to work it out on there own so with that said it is really no one elses business once they say they are working it out i feel they both are honest and on the up and up and would have no problem dealing with either one of them >>

Just dropping this thread is not the case..now perhaps now some BST er's will no longer pay by check ,as will sellers no longer encourage paying by check.. just adding the paypal fees into the selling price
    I know I will no longer use checks on BST... nor ask for check payment when selling on BST
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>i think everyone should jut drop it ...this transaction is between them and it seems like they both are willing to work it out on there own so with that said it is really no one elses business once they say they are working it out i feel they both are honest and on the up and up and would have no problem dealing with either one of them >>

Just dropping this thread is not the case..now perhaps now some BST er's will no longer pay by check ,as will sellers no longer encourage paying by check.. just adding the paypal fees into the selling price
    I know I will no longer use checks on BST... nor ask for check payment when selling on BST >>

Accepting or paying by checks isn't really the problem. But rather, the issue boils down to insurance and both parties addressing and agreeing to specific terms.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I am tempted to send the seller $50 to send the buyer $50, so I do not have to see this thread again. image >>

Just send it to me and I won't open the thread again. image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    FrankcoinsFrankcoins Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Insurance is to protect the seller who has the responsibility to get the merchandise to the buyer. Hopefully, you will act differently in future transactions. >>

Doesn't seem that Perry Hall has learned much from this discussion.
    Frank Provasek - PCGS Authorized Dealer, Life Member ANA, Member TNA. www.frankcoins.com
  • Options
    So it is close to a month now and I have not recieved the package. I went to my Post office, and they said what I expected. With no insurance of confirmation, there is nothing we can do. Speaking with CJ, he still feels he is not 100% responsible because I assumed he would at least track it. He feels he should not have to take the full blame image. So I am out $50. Not a huge deal, but this whole thing really bites.

For those of you who asked why I took the $170 refund...THIS is why. I didn't want to be out my money and the gold. Lesson learned. When buying on the BST, unless you know the person, I would recommend using only paypal credfit card even if it costs an extra 3%. At least you can dispute the transaction. And ASK for at least delivery confirmation. Whenever I send something worth more than $20, I pay for both insurance and confirmation to protect myself. Just sent out a bunch of packages today where I paid for them.

So I guess thats it with this transaction. The only thing I am glad about is that I'm only out $50 rather than $220.

Not trying to beat a dead horse, but wanted to let everyone know of the outcome.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • Options
    Thanks for the update. Delivery Confirmation costs 19 cents through PayPal. I always use it.
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks for the update. Delivery Confirmation costs 19 cents through PayPal. I always use it. >>

Even on $ 20 packages I use the tracking.. ....with paypal there would have been a full 100 % refund
  • Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    how does knowing the person have anything to do with it?

Insurance is insurance.
    LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,707 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> Speaking with CJ, he still feels he is not 100% responsible because I assumed he would at least track it. He feels he should not have to take the full blame >>

I find this to be complete BS! Seller/shipper assumes all (ALL!!!!) responsibility to get the customer what they ordered and payed for.

Insurance and tracking is for the shipper, not the buyer.

I guess I'll be making sure not to do any business with CJ.
  • Options
    "I guess I'll be making sure not to do any business with CJ."

I bet you won't be the only one.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • Options
    wow..........here we go again.
    For those that didn't read the entire thread.......let me sum it up for you......I don't make a living by selling things on this forum....if you have a problem with me selling something as "shipped" and want to assume tracking and insurance is included....don't buy the 5 items i list for sale on here a year. I have a real job outside the $30 I have made on the BST this year! Everyone is entitled to their opinion, so if you have a problem with me.....don't buy my stuff....period. I've said what I needed to...if you feel i'm that bad of a person, feel free to contact the others I have sold too.....which would be 100% POSITIVE FEEDBACK!
    Congrats Ankur...you succeeded in trying to damage my rep........but don't worry, I won't lose 1 min of sleep over it!
    By the way I provided you with the reciept showing the priority mail sent to your address.........where's the proof they didnt show up? You're our $50, I'm out 5g of gold.....boy you really got a raw deal!
    "When someone tells you nothing is impossible, ask them to dribble a football"

MANY positive BST Transactions
  • Options
    Again CJ, 85 cents could have avoided all this. How you can send Gold without any tracking is just shocking to me. I'm technically out more than $50 as gold was cheaper when I bought it from you. I completed my part by paying. You however did not as the product was never delivered! Any responsible seller would make sure to put tracking on the or admit to their mistake and give a refund.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • Options
    relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious, as a hypothetical; How would both of you have handled it if it was insured and didn't show up, but the PO showed it scanned as delivered. This recently happened to me.
    Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,375 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    Good response Ankur.....you are now out $50 bucks + the 1.30 each bar has went up since you purchased...for a total of $56.50..and Im out 5g of gold minus the 50 bucks I "scammed" you out of for a total of $177.00....again.....you got such a raw deal!

• Options
    Just to add, my post office manager said if the package was damaged, it would go back to the sender. How do I know he didn't get it back and keep the gold and the $50 owed to me?
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • Options

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    haha...yeah Ankur...good one...........boy I got you good.....made out with a crisp $50 bill and got my 5g of gold back........there's a lot of things I'd LOVE to say to you right now, but I would probably get banned from the forum and have to find a different way to make a living, so I will keep my mouth shut!

ROUND 4????????

• Options
    Ankur--not answering the bell??

• Options

- Nick Giambruno

• Options
    It takes a lot to admit mistake doesn't it CJ? That is what boils down to. It takes a lot to admit you messed up no? Here are a few pms between us:

cjmezz
    no, i think $200 insurance it built in on a priority mail shipment.

AnkurJ
    Date Posted: Oct/20/2010 1:28 PM
    Did you insure it?

cjmezz
    Date Posted: Oct/20/2010 5:42 AM
    i don't....it was just sent in a regular envelope in a priority mail bigger size envelope.
    I still have my reciept though if it doesn't show up.
    Let me know..i just sent some of these to CA this week as well.......took 7 days for the package to arrive.........sorry about this, and let me know when they arrive.

AnkurJ
    Date Posted: Oct/19/2010 9:02 PM
    CJ,
    do you have any tracking or delivery conf #? Nothing as of
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The more I see of this, the more I think you're both equally to blame, both equally stubborn, and both acting like petulant children about it. The package is apparently gone. CJ offered a settlement, Ankur agreed to the settlement, that should have been the end of it...but yet you both still want to pi$$ and moan about it back and forth with each other, as if either one is going to "win". You've both already wasted more of your time on this than the items were worth (at least if you value your time for anything that is). I'm at a point where I don't care who's right anymore; it's just getting stupid now.

I suggest you LET IT GO, learn from the experience, and move on with your lives.
    Please.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options

- Nick Giambruno

• Options
    riiiiiiiight, by sending you back $170 of the $220....that doesn't admit to any fault does it! Seems you have the problem dealing with your "assumptions".
    You were a pleasure to do business with you Ankur...you are a stand up guy! Its been nice chatting with you....since you are sooooo generous and such a model citizen I'll have my employer bill you for the $50 you've cost them by trying to bash my rep on the boards(and me having to take the time to defend myself)....i'll be sure to send a tracking number for their invoice.

• Options
    "I suggest you LET IT GO, learn from the experience, and move on with your lives."

Agreed. I just needed to warn the board about this and to use caution on the BST, especially with newer sellers.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • Options
    file a dispute with paypal.
  • Options

<< <i>file a dispute with paypal. >>

Wish I could. Seller would only take a check. Paypal or nothing for me on the bst.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> I'll have my employer bill you for the $50 you've cost them by trying to bash my rep on the boards(and me having to take the time to defend myself)....i'll be sure to send a tracking number for their invoice. >>

You didn't really type that, right? I have to admit, that is funny! You "had" to use your employer's time to come on the boards and defend yourself instead of waiting until you went home?
    Can you please video tape, and post, when you tell your employer they need to bill someone from an internet chat forum for what happened? Appreciate it image

btw....this whole thing, as Telephoto1 said, has gone on quite a bit too far it feels like. Things are like a train wreck (but, just like a train wreck, I can't stop watching!!!!)

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thread that keeps on giving. It literally has everything including limber lasses..............MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,020 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimage
    Can't we just play "guess the grade" of the 5 gram bullion piece ?
  • Options
    NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks for the update. Delivery Confirmation costs 19 cents through PayPal. I always use it. >>

Even if you purchase it through the USPS (which I do, as my local P.O. still hasn't learned to scan the Paypal generated del confirms, so I have to imagine other larger cities P.O.'s, with lots to deliver just don't pay enough attention to anything but their own slips), it's still inder $1.00 ($0.70-$0.80). For under a buck, it's a no brainer....period.
    I'll come up with something.
  • Options

<< <i>Even if you purchase it through the USPS (which I do, as my local P.O. still hasn't learned to scan the Paypal generated del confirms, so I have to imagine other larger cities P.O.'s, with lots to deliver just don't pay enough attention to anything but their own slips), it's still inder $1.00 ($0.70-$0.80). >>

It's not that they haven't learned to scan the PayPal labels. The fact is- electronic DC doesn't include an acceptance scan as part of the service provided.

Just thought people might like to know before going down to the post office and complaining about something they're not entitled to. image
  • Options
    Yes- I really did type that about my employer....when you travel for a living for a company..you're always on the clock! I don't go to work at 8:00, get home at 5:00 and have all night to check the boards. Last time i waited 1 full day to respond and the mob here was ready to hunt me down!

• Options
    After having gone through a few more pages, this has turned into a knock-down, drag out! It's BOTH parties faults......the seller NEVER should have assumed ANY insurance or confirmation comes with shipping Priority. I feel it's also the OP's responsibility to ASK if insurance/confirmation comes along with 'shipping'. When I see the word 'shipped' on the BST, I ask if that includes insurance/confirm, as I only use PP (even offering the 3% if it isn't asked for.....I make sure both parties are on the same page (seems like both parties weren't even reading the same book, let alone the same page). I just hope that, besides the buyer/seller turning on each other after seeing them what I THOUGHT was playing nice, I wouldn't work with either of them (no offense to the seller....like I said, the OP has had less than 100% positive comments on BST happenings....one was within the last few months....and with no tracking, how do we know it didn't arrive?) I had a Priority Small box returned to me Monday....address was correct, ins/del confirm in place...P.O. delivered it to wrong address, but the recipient was honest enough to give it back to the P.O. Funny thing is, I don't know how it was delivered to the wrong address, or why the local P.O. didn't realize the mistake...it only had del confirm, but the letter carrier knocked on the door, as would be necessary for sig confirm. That package, even with ins/confirm, could have shown delivered, and my buyer would have been SOL, as I followed all PP rules (and even if it was a check payment, the buyer would have been out of his $$, as the package was covered properly for it's trip, and would have shown as being delivered.
  • Options
    PatchesPatches Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭
    image 's...but entertaining ones, not the sad/scary kind!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Even if you purchase it through the USPS (which I do, as my local P.O. still hasn't learned to scan the Paypal generated del confirms, so I have to imagine other larger cities P.O.'s, with lots to deliver just don't pay enough attention to anything but their own slips), it's still inder $1.00 ($0.70-$0.80). >>

It's not that they haven't learned to scan the PayPal labels. The fact is- electronic DC doesn't include an acceptance scan as part of the service provided.

Just thought people might like to know before going down to the post office and complaining about something they're not entitled to. image >>

mrpotoheadd...thanks for clearing that up for me...I was under the impression the carriers just couldn't/wouldn't give it a second look (read:lazy...no offense to any members who are carriers....those that are, I KNOW are smart enough to check for these tracking numbers, knowing 'what could be' without even knowing whats inside, simply due to these types of threads) if there wasn't one of their own labels on it....you've given me MORE justification for going the extra distance and using the USPS's own del confirm labels, instead of electronic. It's WELL worth using the P.O.'s own labels....$0.50 is money well spent, judging by this brouhaha. Even without insurance on this package the OP 'never got', if the seller spent that extra $0.70, I'll bet this thread never would have been started, let alone get to 10 pages of mudslinging.
  • Options
    CoinlearnerCoinlearner Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭
    " the mob here was ready to hunt me down! >>

....image..Members here are a bit "protective" of the BST forum, as it has been mostly, a safe venue to do business.
  • Options

<< <i>mrpotoheadd...thanks for clearing that up for me...I was under the impression the carriers just couldn't/wouldn't give it a second look (read:lazy...no offense to any members who are carriers....those that are, I KNOW are smart enough to check for these tracking numbers, knowing 'what could be' without even knowing whats inside, simply due to these types of threads) if there wasn't one of their own labels on it... >>

I think one of the problems here is that sometimes, the post office will do acceptance scans on packages with electronic DC labels (even though they're not required to) and when people see that "bonus", they may come to expect it all the time.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file