Today's Au & Ag charts

So I can see them here without going to kitco all dayimageimage

9-22-2010 ~ Gold closed $1,291.80 Silver closed $21.14

9-22-2011 ~ Gold closed $1,736.20 Silver Closed $35.84 up+ $14.70 in a year

Gold Up +$444.40 in a year

Silver $31 on 1-3-2011image

Ag @ $36+ oz 3-6-2011 image

Silver tops $40oz 4-8-2011image
Ag close $43+ on 4-15-2011 notice 2x's price day I started thread 7 months agoimage

Gold close $1,500+ Silver $45+ on 4-20-11image
Avid collector of GSA's.

Comments

• I sold some 10 ounce Silvertowne bars on ebay last night because I wanted to switch it into some graded gold pandas.
    Two first time bidders bid up one 10 ounce bar to 245.00 I was quite suprised at the ending price, but perhaps it is
    a sign of things to come. However, I still keep in perspective that the guys who control the paper side of the equation can
    still cause havoc in this game, even though some think that day is soon coming to an end.

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a bidder bid up 10 x 1 oz rounds of Scottsdale silver to $255, more than what I got for 10 x 1 oz 2010 ASE's....go figure.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,108 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silver eagle tubes bring just under $500 on ebay. Thats almost a $4 premium per coin!

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Silver eagle tubes bring just under $500 on ebay. Thats almost a $4 premium per coin! >>

Hmmm, I have one tube I'm into for an even hundred. $500 sounds dang good.
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Silver reaches a 30 year high image

Does the world economy have anything to do with it, or is it just another paper game by the big boys image
    Strong showing all weekimage
    Avid collector of GSA's.
    new month on A Friday. Will we move up,down, or sidewaysimage
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>new month on A Friday. Will we move up,down, or sidewaysimage >>

Up, up and oy vey!!!!!

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • MesquiteMesquite Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭
    There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
    –John Adams, 1826
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,298 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This isn't the spike. It's only the foothills.image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
    Wow, what triggered this?image
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow, what triggered this?image >>

I think it's because I sold 10 ounces of silver last night. image
  • guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,237 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Wow, what triggered this?image >>

I think it's because I sold 10 ounces of silver last night. image >>

no, it's because I sold 50 oz of silver bars and $70 face of 90% last friday. I should have warned everyone to buy over the weekend. sorry guys. image

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    What happened to the PPT and all the other evil forces keeping down the price of PMs? image You don't hear much about them anymore.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
    ttt
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
    Boom boom BOOM!image
    Avid collector of GSA's.
    BA-DA-BOOM!
    BA-DA-ZING!!!!!!!!

• renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is the Mint going to price the "pucks" in this market?!
    How is the Mint going to price the "pucks" in this market?!

Obscenely?

I knew it would happen.

<< <i>How is the Mint going to price the "pucks" in this market?! >>

With vigorish!!!

Avid collector of GSA's.
    image Friday
    Avid collector of GSA's.
    Freaky Friday!!!!!

• cladkingcladking Posts: 28,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll know when silver's hot when it begins spiking higher near the end of the trading session.

Normally this would mark a sell signal and short term and paper traders might do well to sell.

Long term physical holders shouldn't sell until gold is considered a necessary component of
    all portfolios and your wife's hairdresser is advising people to buy.

These markets may have a long way to go for all gold owners and all physical silver holders.
    Tempus fugit.
  • fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭
    Looks overdone to me. Not short yet, but we'll see.
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • While there are surely technical reasons for it, I do find it interesting that an "old" pattern has switched up on us... I remember, not too long ago, that the PM prices would often rise overnight (US time) on Asian trading... then come right back down when NY opened... seems the game has changed... at least for now image
    Re: Slabbed coins - There are some coins that LIVE within clear plastic and wear their labels with pride... while there are others that HIDE behind scratched plastic and are simply dragged along by a label. Then there are those coins that simply hang out, naked and free image
    Avid collector of GSA's.
    A late morning spike. $1,366 - isn't that an all-time interday high?

I knew it would happen.
    Spike Jones!!!!!
    Boo-yaah!
    Avid collector of GSA's.
    Dollar just took a big hit, and there goes gold........

TD
    Avid collector of GSA's.
    ......looks like it's getting kinda interesting - huh, guys?image

I knew it would happen.
  • sooooo... it's Friday... what will this day bring?

Will the prices maintain? Will they continue their climb? or will the paper traders decide to cash in their profits before the weekend?

It's Freaky Friday... may the games begin!!! image
    Re: Slabbed coins - There are some coins that LIVE within clear plastic and wear their labels with pride... while there are others that HIDE behind scratched plastic and are simply dragged along by a label. Then there are those coins that simply hang out, naked and free image
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭
    gsa1fan, it's interesting to see the movement during the weekend with the charts provided. Both look they are rising from a weekend low. As you say, we'll see.
    Paul
    $20 swings seem pretty normal these days.
    Avid collector of GSA's.
    Avid collector of GSA's.
    "Looks like I picked a bad week to give up cigarettes!"
    Lloyd Bridges, "Airplane!"
    Avid collector of GSA's.
    "Looks like I picked a bad week to give up sniffing glue!"
    Lloyd Bridges, "Airplane!"
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Well knock me down and steal muh teeth!"
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Roger, Roger....
    We have clearance Clarence !
    "Check the vector, Victor!"
  • "Luna shuttle tickets !!!"
    "Luna shuttle tickets !!!"
    Left the house before sunup this morning, and saw a bright star in the southern sky. I turned to the neighbor's cat and said:

"Surely that must be Sirius!"