Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Stewart Blay Was Right. It was a bloodbath

CalGoldCalGold Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
Hear that splashing sound? It’s the cleaning crew mopping the blood off the auction room floor.

Slaughtered in pretty much every category. Losses in this sale had to total in the millions. 1804 dollar, 1876-cc 20 cent, two 1794 $1, and a 1795 MS65 $1 from the Cardinal collection sold at a loss. The losses on those 1794 and 1795 dollars alone were in the range of $500K.

The optimist view: “Had the money been invested it stocks instead, it would have been lost anyway.”

CG

Comments

• Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    so the legend market report will not be "red hot nuclear white fury"?
  • Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, it was much better than I expected. And the losses were more on the buy side than the sale, IMO.
  • Options
    HTubbsHTubbs Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭
    Makes me wish I had about $10 Million to take to the auction floor.
  • Options

<< <i>Makes me wish I had about $10 Million to take to the auction floor. >>

I wish I had $10 million. Period.
    To support LordM's European Trip, click here!
  • Options
    adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭

<< <i>so the legend market report will not be "red hot nuclear white fury"? >>

The Legend report will indeed be: "red hot nucular wite furry!"

(sorry)

• Options

<< <i>so the legend market report will not be "red hot nuclear white fury"? >>

To Laura's credit her market reports have been saying for months that the market is off 20% for top material and down way more for anythng less than top notch.

And it is true that much of what was sold had been purchased at aggressive prices at the peak of the market.

CG
  • Options
    HTubbsHTubbs Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Makes me wish I had about $10 Million to take to the auction floor. >>

I wish I had $10 million. Period. >>

True,true. But it seems like $10 million could have gotten you a lot more tonight than it probably will in the next 5-10 years if the economy recovers.
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    The rest of 2009 is going to be interesting .
  • Options
    ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Legend report will indeed be: "red hot nucular wite furry!" LOL!!!

K
    ANA LM
  • Options
    TJM965TJM965 Posts: 446 ✭✭✭

I wonder if a lot of New Yorkers like myself, did not enter bids because of the 8% tax now being collected by Heritage. I sure would have liked to own that 1804 dollar.image
  • Options
    Bayard1908Bayard1908 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭✭
    I bought one coin for 10% less than it sold for two years ago. I was the underbidder for another coin that I wanted to buy for 20% less than it sold for last year.
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    While the market may be down, I have a difficult time finding material to look at in the area I collect. Prices seem to remain steady because of this.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Honestly, it was much better than I expected. And the losses were more on the buy side than the sale, IMO. >>

TDN,

Im not quite sure I follow. Could you please explain?
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Honestly, it was much better than I expected. And the losses were more on the buy side than the sale, IMO. >>

TDN,

Im not quite sure I follow. Could you please explain? >>

I suspect he means that the consignors paid more than market prices in the first place, rather than getting below market prices last night.
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Im not quite sure I follow. Could you please explain? >>

The seller paid too much when he/she bought the coin originally.
  • Options
    It means I think he often overpaid too much to acquire coins - that the prices realized were really pretty strong.

You can't just throw price history out the window and pay whatever and not expect to take a loss if you sell in just a few years.
  • Options
    Two examples of what I mean:

I commented at the time that I thought 1870-S $1 was a bargain when it sold subsequent to the Jack Lee sale several years ago [around $400k]. So the consignor made money at this sale even though the price realized [$500k+] was very weak compared to recent prices realized [$700k+]. The gain was made on the buy side, not the sell side.

I know the price paid for a couple of the classic rarities was quite high at the time - enough out of line that I remember commenting to Laura "that coin sold for what???" The prices realized for those two coins last night were strong for current market conditions, so the fact that the consignor lost money was due to the purchase price, not the sale price.

• Options
    speetyspeety Posts: 5,424
    The seated dollars went extremely cheap, but from what i hear that has more to do with quality of the coins then of the actual market. But the market definately did drop a peg or two...
    Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I undersatnd about throwing caution to the wind, but the current price of anything reflects current psychology, whether it be in the coin market, oil market or equities.

In order for prices to move higher, one has to pay more than the previous owner. This stops when psychology changes and one is no longer willing to set a higher price. This holds true in any market.

Someone always sets the top and when prices fall, that doesnt make a loss any less important or undesirable. If someone paid "too much" originally, then he has set the top.

Perhaps you are saying the previous seller timed the market perfectly to take advantage of the greater fool?

Edited to add.....I typed my response before you added the example, so my comments may not make senseimage
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭
    I was live on Heritage and had to keep from bidding on many coins I watched go at very attractive prices. I did pull the trigger on a mint state 14-D, but without an in hand view, and Long Beach coming up, I was just a watcher. Not banging Heritage, but I have learned not to trust those pics ever again.

I think it was great for collectors to snag some " widget " Lincolns for a song, SVDB's, 55DDO's etc. Nothing really grabbed me and said MUST BUY.
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting, most areas in the auction showed soft prices with one notable exception.

Some of the PCGS Mercury dimes suddenly sold at record prices. Not all of them were of the top pop variety.

But then again, mercury dimes did not participate in this last bull run after 2002.

Contrarian play?
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I'll say it once again. For the material which I follow, Stewart was wrong. Crappy coins are going for less than before. We all know that. The nice high grade old copper -- Coronet Head Large Cents and earlier -- is still as strong as ever. The only piece that didn't sell was just so so for the grade and had a high reserve.

The nice AU Bust $s went for strong money. Sure, the mediocre ones graaded AU 50-55 went for between $6,500 and $7,500. Dealers were asking between $8 and $10 K for them a year or two ago, but only someone who didn't know how to grade would have bought these coins.

I imagine the PC 6 Liberty Nickels went cheaply (don't know about the 85, that one was out of my league so I didn't pay attention to it). But I didn't like any of them, they all were from "how did this p.o.s. get into that holder" to being so-so for the grade.

For the last few years, dealers were able to write their own ticket re selling coins, and more often than not, some pendejo would ante up for the coin for whatever reason. Those days are gone. Crappy coins for the grade will sell for discounts. Nothing new under the sun.

Esoteric coins for which there is thin demand I am guessing will also sell for discounts. Perhaps if you collect them (2 Cent Pieces, the 3 Centers, Half Dimes, etc.), you might be able to get a genuinely nice coin more cheaply than before. I'd like to get some feedback about this.

All this showed is that if you stretched for a coin which was not extremely scarce, not really nice for the grade, not in high demand, or a combination thereof in the last few years, if you sell it now, you will lose money. This was bound to happen sooner or later.

If you want to buy a clearly overgraded old copper, or an MS 66 with an active, eye catching spot of PVC cheaply, they are readily available.
    "Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,487 ✭✭✭✭
    At some point in time, we will all bleed.

Some will be simple bruises while others will be carotid gushers.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    With all due respect to Elcontador, and at the risk of sounding like some naco (whatever that means but when he uses the term it sure doesn’t sound like something one would want to be), a good deal of money was lost on truly rare and desirable coins and on quality gem material as well. It had little to do with the fundamental merits of the coin as much as the state of the market and the fact that many pieces were acquired for aggressive prices at the top of the market a short time ago.

CG
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CalGold: We shall soon see for sure what really happened at this show. I suspect that while 50% of the price drops is due to the market change, some things were strong in price, Heritage just prior to the auction made all their New York customers without resale accounts, taxable at 8% and up. I have heard a lot of complaints on that. That may have also been a factor. Quality on some of the coins is also a factor.

Registry fatigue is also a factor. That aspect may be more worrisome than the market itself.

The causes is more complex than a broad paintstroke.
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options

<< <i>Esoteric coins for which there is thin demand I am guessing will also sell for discounts. Perhaps if you collect them (2 Cent Pieces, the 3 Centers, Half Dimes, etc.), you might be able to get a genuinely nice coin more cheaply than before. I'd like to get some feedback about this. >>

Among other things, I collect proof 3CS, 3CN, and half dimes. Prices on 3CN have fallen back to 2007 levels. 3CS have not fallen. Half dimes show some softness in 64 and above.
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I wonder if a lot of New Yorkers like myself, did not enter bids because of the 8% tax now being collected by Heritage. I sure would have liked to own that 1804 dollar.image >>

Buy in Illinois! No sales tax here!!!
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options

<< <i>Buy in Illinois! No sales tax here!!! >>

We don't have sales tax on coins; however, we have a corruption tax on everything else.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So how will your collecting habits change ?
  • Options
    pennyanniepennyannie Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭
    Is the 8 percent tax on the total price or just for coins under 1000 dollars?

The prices were off more than 8 percent so the tax thing is not the reason. Alot of buyers have already been conditioned to pay the taxes.
    Mark
    NGC registry V-Nickel proof #6!!!!
    working on proof shield nickels # 8 with a bullet!!!!

RIP "BEAR"
  • Options
    FrankcoinsFrankcoins Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hear that splashing sound? It’s the cleaning crew mopping the blood off the auction room floor.

Slaughtered in pretty much every category. Losses in this sale had to total in the millions.

CG >>

Bloodbath? You are assuming that every coin had been purchased at the top of the market.
    Frank Provasek - PCGS Authorized Dealer, Life Member ANA, Member TNA. www.frankcoins.com
  • Options
    There were a few winners - the 1870-S dollar brought a profit I do believe.

Anybody notice that the 1941-S WLH that sold for $90k a few years ago went for less than $30k? image
  • Options
    dragondragon Posts: 4,548 ✭✭

<< <i>There were a few winners - the 1870-S dollar brought a profit I do believe.

Anybody notice that the 1941-S WLH that sold for $90k a few years ago went for less than $30k? image >>

• Options
    TJM965TJM965 Posts: 446 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Is the 8 percent tax on the total price or just for coins under 1000 dollars?

The prices were off more than 8 percent so the tax thing is not the reason. Alot of buyers have already been conditioned to pay the taxes. >>

8% on any amount. I guess I haven't been conditioned yet. Last month I put in approx. 300 bids in the Baltimore Sale. I won 27 coins. This sale, no bids, no wins. How's that for conditioning.
  • Options
    With all due respect to Elcontador, and at the risk of sounding like some naco (whatever that means but when he uses the term it sure doesn’t sound like something one would want to be), a good deal of money was lost on truly rare and desirable coins and on quality gem material as well. It had little to do with the fundamental merits of the coin as much as the state of the market and the fact that many pieces were acquired for aggressive prices at the top of the market a short time ago.CG

Cal, I welcome an intelligent conversation about this. I think part of what you mention above is due to registry set fatigue, as Orville said. Ie., you have an expensive coin that four people want, but due to the economic downturn, only two are interested in it now. There is less demand, so I could see said coin going for less, especially if it was purchased at the market top.

That being said, I don't look at these coins. I am never going to own a 1913 Liberty Nickel or an 1804 Silver Dollar, so if such coins bring 2.5 million or 1.8 million, while this is a big deal to people who deal in these kinds of coins, it is not relevant to me. Very few collectors are affected by this.

Not "buying a coin right" is always an issue, regardless of when such coin is purchased. I guess the latest extreme example of this was the 41 S Walker in 7, mentioned earlier in this thread. Perhaps this is the current version of the 53 S FBL Franklin in 6 that we saw a few years ago. I have said for years that paying many multiples for a toned coin in the same grade which is as common as dirt for a white coin will lead to problems. Now it's happening.

In the coins I collect, I see no drop in prices whatsoever. Crappy coins / coins in coffins / ugly coins for the grade are going cheaply. I don't collect them. Ie., a number of cleaned, problem Heraldic Eagle Bust $s in AU 50-3 for which dealers wanted between $8,500 and $10,000 a year or so ago just sold for between $6,500 and $7,500. I've never been interested in them. They could sell for $4,000 and I still wouldn't want them.

Some six or seven figure coins are going for less money. I don't collect them. If the coins I collect are not dropping in price at all, what else is going on the market is not relevant to me.
    "Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • Options
    raysrays Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Well, I'll say it once again. For the material which I follow, Stewart was wrong. Crappy coins are going for less than before. We all know that. The nice high grade old copper -- Coronet Head Large Cents and earlier -- is still as strong as ever. The only piece that didn't sell was just so so for the grade and had a high reserve. >>

I thought the S-14's went kinda cheap as well as the AU flowing hair dollars. image
  • Options
    RonyahskiRonyahski Posts: 3,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>
    Not "buying a coin right" is always an issue, regardless of when such coin is purchased. I guess the latest extreme example of this was the 41 S Walker in 7, mentioned earlier in this thread. Perhaps this is the current version of the 53 S FBL Franklin in 6 that we saw a few years ago. I have said for years that paying many multiples for a toned coin in the same grade which is as common as dirt for a white coin will lead to problems. Now it's happening. >>

The 1941-S is a white coin, so not sure you've proved your point.

<< <i>In the coins I collect, I see no drop in prices whatsoever. >>

So are you truly saying that MS Lib Nickels have not recently dropped in price?
    Some refer to overgraded slabs as Coffins. I like to think of them as Happy Coins.
  • Options
    IGWTIGWT Posts: 4,975
    Shield Nickels fared nicely. For example, I passed on Lot 640 FUN Jan. 2008, an 1866 5c PC66 that realized $5,750. It just sold again for $6,900 at Lot 1363 CSNS 2009.
  • Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think I would call the 1876-CC in PCGS-66 going for $460,000 (including BP) a bloodbath. Not a big price, but certainly not a fire sale.

I need it to drop about 90% or so, so that a mere mortal like me can at least dream of bidding! image

Lane
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options

<< <i>I don't think I would call the 1876-CC in PCGS-66 going for $460,000 (including BP) a bloodbath. Not a big price, but certainly not a fire sale.

I need it to drop about 90% or so, so that a mere mortal like me can at least dream of bidding! image

Lane >>

I agree that the price was strong considering the market, however the consignor still lost around 20% [$100k+) on the coin. $100k here and $100k there and pretty soon you're talking real money! image
  • Options
    Not "buying a coin right" is always an issue, regardless of when such coin is purchased. I guess the latest extreme example of this was the 41 S Walker in 7, mentioned earlier in this thread. Perhaps this is the current version of the 53 S FBL Franklin in 6 that we saw a few years ago. I have said for years that paying many multiples for a toned coin in the same grade which is as common as dirt for a white coin will lead to problems. Now it's happening.

<< In the coins I collect, I see no drop in prices whatsoever. >>

My comment re the 1941 S Half related to not buying a coin right. I was making a comparison to the 53 S Half. To me, paying huge amounts for the 41 S or 53 S Halves mentioned is similar to paying many multiples of the toned coin example. While they are separate examples, I think they both deal with the same issue. Sorry I wasn't more clear about this.

Rays - I didn't look at the copper you listed. I looked at the Draped Bust and Classic Heads in Unc., and the nice 1837 5 RB Coronet. All of them went for strong $. As mentioned earlier, the nice Heraldic Eagle Bust $s in AU did not go cheaply either. This was my focus in this auction.

Re the Liberty Nickels in PC 6 sold most recently, I didn't see anything I liked, so I didn't follow the bidding. Ho-hum PC 6 type of this series could be had for $1,000 (maybe less for the coffins / mistakes), which is a 15% drop in pricing on some common dates from a year or so ago. I really haven't seen anything I've liked in this series in this grade for over a year.
    "Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • Options
    RonyahskiRonyahski Posts: 3,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Not "buying a coin right" is always an issue, regardless of when such coin is purchased. I guess the latest extreme example of this was the 41 S Walker in 7, mentioned earlier in this thread. Perhaps this is the current version of the 53 S FBL Franklin in 6 that we saw a few years ago. I have said for years that paying many multiples for a toned coin in the same grade which is as common as dirt for a white coin will lead to problems. Now it's happening.

<< In the coins I collect, I see no drop in prices whatsoever. >>

My comment re the 1941 S Half related to not buying a coin right. I was making a comparison to the 53 S Half. To me, paying huge amounts for the 41 S or 53 S Halves mentioned is similar to paying many multiples of the toned coin example. While they are separate examples, I think they both deal with the same issue. Sorry I wasn't more clear about this.

Rays - I didn't look at the copper you listed. I looked at the Draped Bust and Classic Heads in Unc., and the nice 1837 5 RB Coronet. All of them went for strong $. As mentioned earlier, the nice Heraldic Eagle Bust $s in AU did not go cheaply either. This was my focus in this auction.

Re the Liberty Nickels in PC 6 sold most recently, I didn't see anything I liked, so I didn't follow the bidding. Ho-hum PC 6 type of this series could be had for $1,000 (maybe less for the coffins / mistakes), which is a 15% drop in pricing on some common dates from a year or so ago. I really haven't seen anything I've liked in this series in this grade for over a year. >>

OK, just wanted to get that clarified, which you did, before I agree with you, which I do - Stewart was wrong. He may have been right that the big consignor was going to take a bath, but for the wrong reasons. His original premise was based primarily on the risk of selling coins unreserved. What you have correctly pointed out is that some of these coins weren't bought right. Also, if you don't buy coins right and they are ho-hum, double whammy.

For reasons that had nothing to do with the fact that I had to, I sold many coins in this CSNS auction, unreserved. They were coins that weren't ho-hummers, some were held for several years, but there were some that were acquired in the last couple of years. Overall, I was very pleased with the results. I'm sure they would have gone off for a bit more several months ago, but no bloodbath for sure, a decent profit.

On the Lib Nickels, the jury is still out for me. The average common coins are definately down like you said, and some of the coins in the auction weren't the greatest. One one hand, the 1885 in PCGS 65 went for $8,050, a good solid price. But the coin was very PQ for the date and grade, so query what an average '85 would have brought. ( I might be biased, that was one of the coins I consigned unreserved.)

Take the 1908 in PCGS 66. Maybe you didn't like it since you didn't see anything you liked, but I think it is a great coin. At FUN 08 it sold for $10,925 (talk about not buying at the right price, I was at FUN and chased it up a bit). At FUN 09, a year later, it sold for $9,200 (I chased it again). AT CSNS, only a few months later, it sells for $3,450 image I chased it again and this time I caught it image Maybe I was lucky, or dumb, or maybe we're not seeing much support in the Lib Nickel arena.
    Some refer to overgraded slabs as Coffins. I like to think of them as Happy Coins.
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
  • Options
    jpkinlajpkinla Posts: 822 ✭✭✭
    All I can say is thank goodness I sold everything at FUN 2007!!!!!!

Loos like some categories did fine, however.....
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    I bought two coins for great prices IMO. One is a Washington manly medal and a pattern flying eagle large cent. The pair went for less than $2500.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    One is a Washington manly medal

I always thought he looked rather girly in that wig. image
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 24,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, it was much better than I expected.

I agree, and then some.

And the losses were more on the buy side than the sale, IMO.

Largely true, although IMHO the biggest losses tended to have more to do with overpaying for plastic than overpaying for coins.
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    lloydmincylloydmincy Posts: 1,861
    <<There were a few winners - the 1870-S dollar brought a profit I do believe.>>

That one lost a bit also. Was purchased for a bit more after not selling from the Jack Lee sale. Not that it matters-I was shocked by how many were sold for quite a bit less than prior sales.

What I thought was strange was there was no rhyme or reason with the ups and downs/surprises. Take the indian cents: 1877 MS66 PCGS sold for about the same as history- 1909-S 67RD WAY LESS THAN I THOUGHT IT WOULD, and the MS68's WAY MORE. Again, the 1864-L Proof Die par 3 (NOT part of Thomas collection) didnt sell - shows up too much. I love it though...

Many in the auction I used to own dropped TREMENDOUSLY!! (1916 DD MS64 PCGS Buffalo nickel, for one). It was entertaining, but made me think Stewart Blay was correct - there were no whales at the auction.

Maybe like stocks, things are starting to be priced correctly???

The Accumulator - Dark Lloyd of the Sith

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Re the Liberty Nickels in PC 6 sold most recently, I didn't see anything I liked, so I didn't follow the bidding. Ho-hum PC 6 type of this series could be had for $1,000 (maybe less for the coffins / mistakes), which is a 15% drop in pricing on some common dates from a year or so ago. I really haven't seen anything I've liked in this series in this grade for over a year.

On the Lib Nickels, the jury is still out for me. The average common coins are definately down like you said, and some of the coins in the auction weren't the greatest. One one hand, the 1885 in PCGS 65 went for $8,050, a good solid price. But the coin was very PQ for the date and grade, so query what an average '85 would have brought. ( I might be biased, that was one of the coins I consigned unreserved.)

Take the 1908 in PCGS 66. Maybe you didn't like it since you didn't see anything you liked, but I think it is a great coin. At FUN 08 it sold for $10,925 (talk about not buying at the right price, I was at FUN and chased it up a bit). At FUN 09, a year later, it sold for $9,200 (I chased it again). AT CSNS, only a few months later, it sells for $3,450 image I chased it again and this time I caught it image Maybe I was lucky, or dumb, or maybe we're not seeing much support in the Lib Nickel arena. >>

I bought one of the 66 Liberty Nickels. One of the 1909 Nickels that was offered Lot 1416. Sure, it may not be an absolutely perfect coin, but I think it looks great (and is a top pop 22/0). I've only had a chance to see 5-6 of the MS66 1909 nickels and this is probably #2 or #3 of those I've been able to see. Most of all, I'm thrilled that I won it with a bid of $1900 ($2185 w/ BP). The same coin sold in 1/09 for $4312.50 and the same coin sold back in 9/07 for $4312.50 as well. I know there is no where else I'll find a PCGS 66 1909 for under $2200 right now or probably anywhere in the near future, so I'm very pleased.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file