DarinDarin Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, a fake death, now a fake rip!

If someone fakes poppage I'm quitting the hobby.image

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Fake, fake, fake, fake

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had forgotten just how amusing this thread was. I wish I had my BS flag back in January when this thread was made.

• Options
    richtreerichtree Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭
    any interest in sending the DOMO Neek Wilkings my way ?

trade sell ?
    Buying:
    Topps White Out (silver) letters Alex Gordon
    80 Topps Greg Pryor “No Name"
    90 ProSet Dexter Manley error
    90 Topps Jeff King Yellow back
    1958 Topps Pancho Herrera (no“a”)
    81 Topps Art Howe (black smear above hat)
    91 D A. Hawkins BC-12 “Pitcher”
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    great pack
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    KarbKarb Posts: 557 ✭✭✭
    13 cards. Awesome pack!! Congratsimage

Insert eye roll
    Robert

Hoarding silver and collecting history
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RipublicaninMass is right, this thread needed a bump on April fools day.
  • Options
    I still enjoy this thread!!!
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    I have this entire factory sealed Wax Box if interested. Won it in the last Huggins & Scott auction by accident (don't ask)......
  • Options
    Bottom line, I simply CAN NOT go cheaper then what Steve at the BBCE is paying per box. I believe his BUY price is currently $350 per box. I can show prospective buyers the invoice I got from Huggins & Scott from the last auction where I purchased these from. Like I stated, I bought these BY ACCIDENT (set too high of a ceiling bid, because I mistakently thought they were '86's.....please don't ask....it was late that night)............
  • Options

<< <i>Bottom line, I simply CAN NOT go cheaper then what Steve at the BBCE is paying per box. I believe his BUY price is currently $350 per box. I can show prospective buyers the invoice I got from Huggins & Scott from the last auction where I purchased these from. Like I stated, I bought these BY ACCIDENT (set too high of a ceiling bid, because I mistakently thought they were '86's.....please don't ask....it was late that night)............ >>

Anybody here know who BBCE is? You do?

Anybody here know who bobbyw8469 is? You dont?

Sell them to Steve for $350. If they are legit, someone like me will buy them from Steve. I KNOW that Steve doesnt search packs.....cant say the same about you, cuz I dont know you!!!
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Actually Bobby is one of the outstanding members/sellers on these forums.

Can we say the same about you?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    These card were won from the last Huggins & Scott auction.....while it IS true I don't know the history of the cards, I can totally vouch for Huggins & Scott....I have never had any bad dealings with them.....as a matter of fact, they sent me the box before I paid for it......they admitted a mixup on their end.....The tracking number did not show a signature....come to find out, UPS gave them to a cleaning lady at my apartment complex.....the woman didn't speak English, and I was fortunate to get them (eventually, after much digging).........I then promptly sent them a check (just in case you doubt my honesty)........how many other board members would pay for something they got in the mail for free???.....I would hope 100%, but I am not sure that number is accurate.......you can call Huggins & Scott directly to verify the story.........
  • Options

<< <i>Actually Bobby is one of the outstanding members/sellers on these forums.

Can we say the same about you?

Steve >>

A) Im not selling anything.

B) Why pay $375/box to "bobby", when I can be SURE to get a legit box for $50 more from Steve?

C) Why dont you stop trolling, get off disability, and do something more useful with your life than to follow me around a forum?image
  • Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Bobby is a great guy and Valuable Asset to this board.

Kirk
  • Options

<< <i>Anybody here know who BBCE is? You do?

Sell them to Steve for $350. If they are legit, someone like me will buy them from Steve. I KNOW that Steve doesnt search packs.....cant say the same about you, cuz I dont know you!!!
    >>

Wow! Nothing like a thread turning into a trainwreck a year later.

Bobby is a well respected member of this small community on CU. Stating that the packs may be searched by him, ranks high up on the douchebaggery level.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Anybody here know who BBCE is? You do?

>>

Wow! Nothing like a thread turning into a trainwreck a year later.

Bobby is a well respected member of this small community on CU. Stating that the packs may be searched by him, ranks high up on the douchebaggery level. >>

Where did I "state that the packs may be searched by him"? I simply said that I KNOW Steve doesnt search packs. And that I cannot say that about bobby because I dont know bobby. I never said he was a pack searcher. I just said I cant be certain that he isnt!
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Guys, we are losing focus here. The main thing that we should pull from this thread is that someone lied about pulling a $20 card out of a pack to try to impress people. Nothing else is really important. This thread has provided countless minutes of entertainment for many and will continue to do so for generations to come. Let's not sully that.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still enjoy the thread started by Collector222 who was starting a grading company and turned out to be a college student.

Now that's entertainment!

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    Never a dull moment around here....
  • Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get people shelling out $300-400 for a box of this stuff if they intend to rip it. People are dumping sets with stickers on ebay for $40-50 each. Buy up a bunch of those sets and cherry pick to build a nice set. And PSA 9's of this stuff is really tanking. Stockton, Pippen, Rodman, Miller, all those RC's are bottoming out.

Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options

<< <i>I don't get people shelling out $300-400 for a box of this stuff if they intend to rip it. People are dumping sets with stickers on ebay for $40-50 each. Buy up a bunch of those sets and cherry pick to build a nice set. And PSA 9's of this stuff is really tanking. Stockton, Pippen, Rodman, Miller, all those RC's are bottoming out.
    >>

I agree but the gambling aspect of possibly finding a PSA 10 of the cards you mentioned plus Jordan keeps people buying them.
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Guys, we are losing focus here. The main thing that we should pull from this thread is that someone lied about pulling a $20 card out of a pack to try to impress people. Nothing else is really important. This thread has provided countless minutes of entertainment for many and will continue to do so for generations to come. Let's not sully that. >>

LOL.

• Options
    Stop flattering yourself gecko no one is following you and yes you implied that Bobby
    was a searcher.

Regardless on how you want to now spin it.

Since you got laughed off the coin forum we have to put up with your nonsense.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    You mean I should be a fireman like you who was dopey enough to pour
    molten silver onto a glass dish?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    I know one thing....people shelled out closed to $30 a pack for this stuff from the BBCE group rip....to me that is ourageous!!!! I am just letting everyone know I have 3 boxes of this stuff......it is unsearched, and you can get it alot cheaper than the BBCE group rips if anyone is interested........
  • Options

<< <i>I know one thing....people shelled out closed to $30 a pack for this stuff from the BBCE group rip....to me that is ourageous!!!! I am just letting everyone know I have 3 boxes of this stuff......it is unsearched, and you can get it alot cheaper than the BBCE group rips if anyone is interested........ >>

Again bobby, you need to SLOW DOWN and actually read whats in front of you. You got stuck with these boxes because of your lack of attention to detail. Now you are making FALSE CLAIMS because of this same lack of detail. Nobody shelled out $30/pack for 1988/89. That was for 1987/88 bobby........SLOW DOWN!!!!
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I know one thing....people shelled out closed to $30 a pack for this stuff from the BBCE group rip....to me that is ourageous!!!! I am just letting everyone know I have 3 boxes of this stuff......it is unsearched, and you can get it alot cheaper than the BBCE group rips if anyone is interested........ >>

I think you are confused with the years. The 87's were $28.75 and the 88's were $11.87 per pack.
  • Options

<< <i>You mean I should be a fireman like you who was dopey enough to pour
    molten silver onto a glass dish?

Steve >>

Dont try to be like me Stevie boy.....just try to be a productive member of society rather than the leach that you have become.image
  • Options
    Did you ever send that item that was misdirected your way on to its rightful owner?

Or was the 3.00 too much for you to handle?

http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=11&threadid=726474&STARTPAGE=1

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    Wow, what has happened to this thread. Everyone needs to take a deep breath.
  • Options
    You are right.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Wow, what has happened to this thread. Everyone needs to take a deep breath. >>

Go back a page and see where Stevie jumped in (as usual) with his negative comments (as usual) and decided to personally attack me (as usual).

And yes Stevie, I sent the card out a few days later...AFTER a very apologetic note AND $3 payment from the original, incompetent seller. Good to see that you are more worried about a $3 shipping charge from 3 months ago than getting off your fat ass and finding a job.image You are a real winner Stevie. Now have another twinkie and keep doing nothing.image
  • Options
    Whatever gecko.

You tried to ridicule Bobby and were called on it by a few people not just me.

One even called you a douchebag.

This is where he plays the victim card folks.

tell you what gecko, reply once more, get the last word in and lets move on.

Just don't call me a nazi again.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Yes..I was confused on the pricing....shows what little I know about this wax stuff.......Anyway, I am open to offers on the wax, but please don't go below the $350 that BBCE has already offered on their price list.....
  • Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My mom has a Chinese Gold Panda Sovereign coin that she wears in a pendant. It's actually kind of cool, but sometimes makes me think of the mid-80s and Giorio perfume.
    Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options

<< <i>Yes..I was confused on the pricing....shows what little I know about this wax stuff.......Anyway, I am open to offers on the wax, but please don't go below the $350 that BBCE has already offered on their price list..... >>

You are confused yet again...for a 3rd time it seems. BBCE buy price is $325
  • Options
    Perry was right you are an ass.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Geez I wonder who even brought this 9 month old thread back to life anyway?

Claiming he loved this thread!

Must have been someone with no life.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Perry was right you are an ass.

Steve >>

image Do you have a mancrush on me or something? You cant seem to just ignore me. Looked in the classifieds lately for a job? Or are you perfectly content with the rest of us paying your bills?
  • Options
    You seem to reply right after me each time.

Here we go, Gecko is going to complain about the tax he pays and how other people get free daycare.

Fact remains he is a lowly blue collar civil servant and suffers from low self esteem.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>You seem to reply right after me each time.

Here we go, Gecko is going to complain about the tax he pays and how other people get free daycare.

Fact remains he is a lowly blue collar civil servant and suffers from low self esteem.

Steve >>

I made $84,000 last year, and my wife made $77,000. How much government assistance did you "make" last year? We work....you sit at home angry and bitter at the way your life has turned out. So you lash out here in a web forum for satisfaction. In reality, you sit at home and do nothing for society.

"Fact remains he is a lowly blue collar civil servant and suffers from low self esteem."

When is the last time you went into a burning building to help save strangers at 3am? I think you may have just shown what a truly miserable person you are.image
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Seriously, you guys are ruining my favorite thread and I hate you all for it.
  • Options

I hate this place sometimes...

Good for you.
  • Options
    I really hate this place at times...

Good for you.