Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Giveaway Saturday!! For those that lost their Job. 1975 Topps Cellos' Mailed!!

Comments

• Options
    mccardguy1 - thank you for the info and the PM. I will certainly be looking into this tomorrow AM.

And once again, thank you IJustLoveCards for the extremely generous offering
    ---------------------------------------------
    Authorized wholesale dealer for BCW, if you need any supplies let me know and I will get you a quote
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    Just wanted to add my voice to show my appreciation of what IJLC is doing. Very generous - I'm certain your RAOK will bring many smiles to your gift recipients.

Going back to an earlier post of yours - I certainly hope nobody here is taking undue advantage of your kindness - this community has taken way too many black eyes in the recent past. I really hope some hasn't lied about being unemployed simply to gain some cardboard.
  • Options
    Cellos have all shipped..begin posting scans as they arrive there are 16 people who got cellos.

The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • Options
    I can't thank you enough.....granted I don't think my life is miserable....but this certainly helps!
    Authorized wholesale dealer for BCW, if you need any supplies let me know and I will get you a quote
  • Options
    It was very tempting to take you up on your offer, but I'm doing all right, thankfully.
    But thanks on behalf of the forum! Looking forward to seeing the rips!
    Do You Collect image Baseball 1937,1965-94,2008-09?
    Or Regional Canadian Baseball Issues?
    Come be a contributor to the OPC Baseball Wiki. It's free and easy!
    OPeeChee.Wikispaces.Com
  • Options
    sfmays24sfmays24 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭
    Please let me know if anyone pulls the below cards from the 1975 cellos and might like to sell or trade them (these are the last 9 cards we need to complete our raw set).

1975 Topps
    152 Mario Guerrero, 199 1961 MVP's, 202 1964 MVP's, 208 1970 MVP's, 210 1972 MVP's, 228 George Brett, 257 Checklist: 133-264, 485 Sparky Lyle, 622 Rookie Outfielders Fred Lynn

thank you,

Mike
  • Options
    Info from MSN........ Good luck for those rips!!!!

How much jobless pay would you get?
    Your benefits could vary widely depending on where you live (and sometimes, whether children count on your income). A chart below shows benefits by state.

[Related content: savings, health insurance, recession, jobs, economy]
    By MSN Money staff and wire reports
    Could you live on less than $300 a week? The average unemployment check in the U.S. is $293.

Below you'll find a state-by-state list of maximum weekly benefits. The amounts vary dramatically, though, from a maximum of $230 in Mississippi to $628 in Massachusetts. But some relatively high-income states pay very little.

The just-passed economic stimulus law provides an additional $25 a week on top of the current benefits. That extra money isn't reflected below.

Amounts in the chart are generally for a single unemployed person. Because some states increase payments for families with children, those maximum benefit amounts may be higher.

Don't forget that benefits are taxable, and taxes typically are not withheld automatically. The stimulus law exempts the first $2,400 of jobless pay from federal taxes.

That law also reimburses 65% of the cost of COBRA health insurance payments for the first nine months of unemployment. That's a huge benefit for those with children because the full cost of a family-of-four policy can be more than $12,000 a year.

More from MSN Money
    Survival guide for the unemployed
    Jobless face fees to collect benefits
    Will the housing bailout help you?
    How the economic stimulus affects you
    Get a credit card reprieve

Benefits can be paid for a maximum of 26 weeks in most states. A series of federal programs has extended coverage an additional 20 weeks in all states as well. In 33 states with persistent high unemployment -- over 6% for three months -- benefits have been extended 13 more weeks.

About 38% of those currently unemployed are receiving benefits. The remainder have exhausted their benefits already or never qualified in the first place because they were self-employed, fired for cause or worked only part time.

Weekly unemployment benefits by state State Maximum State Maximum
    Alabama
    $255
    Montana
    $407

Alaska
    $370
    Nebraska
    $308

Arizona
    $240
    Nevada
    $362

Arkansas
    $409
    New Hampshire
    $427

California
    $450
    New Jersey
    $584

Colorado
    $475
    New Mexico
    $455

Connecticut
    $519
    New York
    $405

Delaware
    $330
    North Carolina
    $494

District of Columbia
    $359
    North Dakota
    $385

Florida
    $275
    Ohio
    $372

Georgia
    $330
    Oklahoma
    $392

Hawaii
    $545
    Oregon
    $482

Idaho
    $362
    Pennsylvania
    $539

Illinois
    $385
    Rhode Island
    $528

Indiana
    $390
    South Carolina
    $326

Iowa
    $443
    South Dakota
    $285

Kansas
    $423
    Tennessee
    $275

Kentucky
    $415
    Texas
    $378

Louisiana
    $284
    Utah
    $444

Maine
    $496
    Vermont
    $409

Maryland
    $380
    Virginia
    $378

Massachusetts
    $628
    Washington
    $541*

Michigan
    $365
    West Virginia
    $424

Minnesota
    $566
    Wisconsin
    $363

Mississippi
    $230
    Wyoming
    $387

Missouri
    $320

*State has OK'd a temporary $45 increase beginning May 3. Sources: The Associated Press, state labor department Web sites

succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Info from MSN........

How much jobless pay would you get?
    Your benefits could vary widely depending on where you live (and sometimes, whether children count on your income). A chart below shows benefits by state.

California
    $450
    >>

That amount for CA would be correct. I can't believe CA hasn't raised Unemployment in several years. I made the max unemployment and it barely covered the rent. Thank God my Motion Picture benefits package allows us to have what they call as banked hours every period for hours beyond our minimum required, but only up to a certain amount. I had enough banked hours that I didn't lose any medical. I pray everyone here is able to find something before they have to rely on Cobra on Unemployment too long.

Brian
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    I never filed for unemployment, and I don't know, being 3 months out, if it's too late.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭✭
    Same crap happened to me right before Christmas. Got a new place to work now... and that's a good thing as Cobra would have run me nearly a grand a month. Good luck to the rest of you going through this same mess. Cobra blows!

BTW ... great gesture on IJLC's part here and in the other thread.
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    West Virginia
    $424

thats surprizing- id figure wed be at the bottom of the barell like everything elseimage
    education/brains/taxes/people/teeth/shoesimage
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>West Virginia
    $424

thats surprizing- id figure wed be at the bottom of the barell like everything elseimage
    education/brains/taxes/people/teeth/shoesimage >>

• Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    teethsoes,true,we even got the oldest senator in the univerrse, states wouldnt have gotten nothing in appration if it didnt go past civil war robert byrd,his names on everythng here image
  • Options
    uyu906uyu906 Posts: 276 ✭✭
    If anyone pulls any of the following 1975 cards and wants to trade or sell them, please send me a PM. These are the last ones I need for my raw set I have been working on sporadically since 1976.

5 Nolan Ryan HL,47,52,60 Fergie Jenkins,125,171,174,191,
    193(1955 MVP’s),198,200(1962 MVP’s),204(1966 MVP’s),205,
    230 Jim Hunter,292,420,526,
    530 Gaylord Perry,562,577,580 Frank Robinson,633

Thanks,
    Rich
    Looking to trade for, or purchase, raw or graded vintage for my baseball sets: 1927 York Caramel, 1951 Bowman, 1957 Topps, 1967-1979.
    http://richsbaseball.webs.com
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    here they are... again thank you so much.. this was beyond exciting..
    and really lifted my spirits when I have been getting down in the dumps
    about my future. I know things will work out.. and this made me feel like maybe
    my luck will change.. I never get stuff like this.. it was a true thrill

now about the cards
    there is probably only one card, Ray Corbin.. that is a potential 9
    the others all have slight corner issues that make them 8's
    Corban is pretty snowy.. not sure if it would qual as a pd.. looks worse in the scan

notice Luke Walker... that is funny.. I dont care

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    The Staub looks like it might grade out ok.
  • Options
    corners are too rough.. 8 tops I would say.. + some pd
  • Options
    smetsmet Posts: 359 ✭✭
    It looks like others have beat me to the punch, so without further ado...here are my scans.

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Felicia and guys ... I put all mine on a new thread. Check them out! The rip was a blast and FELICIA, thank you once again for your generosity. I'm rooting for a bunch of 1 of 1 TENS from that vending case!!!!!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    a big round of applause for Felicia. well done!
    nice cards guys; very sorry that your out of work, and here's to better times ahead!
  • Options
    I received my pack.....As soon as my dumbass figures out how to scan and post i will be showing what i got . In the meantime
    i wanna give a big thank you for the pack , it did cheer me up a bunch .
    A collector of all things Braves
    Always looking for Chipper Jones cards.
    Im a very focused collector of cards from 1909 - 2012...LOL
  • Options
    Felicia, since I did not realize you wanted the cards posted in this thread, I will also post all of the cards here. Nam told me that I was supposed to post them here so that is what I am doing. HEY NAM ... are you unfriendly to everybody or are you just having a bad day? I hope it's just a bad day and I REALLY HOPE that your day gets better. PEACE!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    sfmays24, I got a Lyle for you if you pm me I will send it to you. If you want it that is

Bob
  • Options
    sfmays24sfmays24 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭
    Thank you very much, Bob

PM sent... down to just 8 cards now!

Mike
  • Options
    mailman, just came and left - no package yet, must be tomorrow - cannot wait!
  • Options
    Just received my pack. I had to stare at it for a while I could not believe I was getting the opportunity to rip something like this. Thanks again Felicia, I will never forget the feeling of opening this pack.

Pack Front

Pack Back

• Options
    ^ awesome pack!

(several low pop and schmidt!)
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    Great thread!! Good luck with the rips. The condition and centering seems pretty good.
  • Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Same crap happened to me right before Christmas. Got a new place to work now... and that's a good thing as Cobra would have run me nearly a grand a month. Good luck to the rest of you going through this same mess. Cobra blows!

BTW ... great gesture on IJLC's part here and in the other thread. >>

New Act will have anyone out of work to pay only 35% of COBRA for 9 months. The former employer has to ante up the other 65% cost, but get to take a credit on their share of FICA of current employees.

President Barack Obama yesterday, February 17, signed into law the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. This package of government spending increases and tax cuts is expected to greatly impact employer payroll management, tax filing and COBRA.

COBRA subsidy
    In addition to the payroll tax cut, the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 includes a new $24 billion U.S. government subsidy. It will help up to 7 million workers, who recently lost their jobs, be able to afford COBRA health insurance coverage.

Specifically, the legislation authorizes the government to subsidize 65 percent of the monthly premium for COBRA coverage, for a period of nine months, for anyone who was or becomes involuntarily unemployed between September 1, 2008 and December 31, 2009. The COBRA continuant will need to pay 35 percent of the monthly premium. Individuals with annual incomes of more than $145,000 ($290,000 for couples) would not be eligible for the government subsidy.

Of special interest to payroll management, the new law requires employers to "advance" the 65 percent premium subsidy on behalf of the government. Like the existing Advance Earned Income Credit, employers will offset the cost of subsidies by promptly making corresponding reductions in their deposits of federal income tax and FICA tax withholdings. Those reductions are to be submitted only after receipt of the COBRA continuant's portion of the monthly premium.

Hope this information will help someone who has lost a job.
    #LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    LittletweedLittletweed Posts: 623 ✭✭✭
    Nice pack! Schmidt does look nice, is it 9 worthy?
    Matt

• Options
    Clemaz ... nice pack ... ALWAYS nice to get a SCHMIDT!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Highlights from my pack:
  • Options
    Can you find scans bigger?
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    Mike Marshall had a very upset stomach.
  • Options
    I would like to thank Felicia for the generous giveaway and kindly ask her if she would adopt me. I am housebroken and an excellent handyman.

Edit: Forgot to add the pic of my pack image

• Options
    More from my pack. The other four had major centering issues. Thanks again, Felicia.
  • Options
    Thanks again Felicia! Just got my pack! I am still shaking a little bit. I had never opened a pack older than a few 1985 Fleer packs I opened right when I started collecting. I think I had a pretty good pack! The Rice rookie is especially nice!

• Options
    Nice pack Jason! Glad you enjoyed opening it as much as I did mine!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Seeing that 75 Griffey reminded me of a card that had been buried away for 15 years, and I actually was able to find it! 1975 Topps Mini Griffey Sr. autographed.

• Options
    TheThrill22TheThrill22 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭
    Thank you Felicia, it was a blast opening this!

• Options
    The two biggest names in my pack were the only two cards in the whole pack that suffered from poor centering. The last two cards are going in the group sub.

• Options
    TheThrill22- You got the MVP Hot Pack! 5 of them! That is amazing. Nice cards!
  • Options
  • Options

Sorry they arent bigger.........retard with a scanner.........

• Options
    Very nice rips so far guys, no pack for me today so probably tomorrow.
  • Options
    THRILL and LSU REAL nice cards. Not only some nice star cards, but the centering on most of the cards was GREAT!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    I received the gift from Felicia today as well...however, my scanner is on the fritz, so I won't open it until I can do a live bust. I can say Phil Roof is on the front and Tony Oliva on the back, and both have gorgeous centering.
  • Options
    Ross, don't you have a digital camera?
  • Options
    I did, I let a business associate use it and it walked off.

All I have is the Blackberry now.
  • Options
    TheThrill22TheThrill22 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭
    Centering on my packs were great. The best looking one overall is the Sutton. I adjusted the size on the scans for better looks.

Apparently I didn't!