Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Giveaway Saturday!! For those that lost their Job. 1975 Topps Cellos' Mailed!!

124»

Comments

• Options
    TheThrill22TheThrill22 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

• Options
    sfmays24sfmays24 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭
    Just an update, Bob (OAKESY25) helped us out on the Lyle... thanks again, Bob

Mike

=====
    Please let me know if anyone pulls the below cards from the 1975 cellos and might like to sell or trade them (these are the last 9 cards we need to complete our raw set).

1975 Topps
    152 Mario Guerrero, 199 1961 MVP's, 202 1964 MVP's, 208 1970 MVP's, 210 1972 MVP's, 228 George Brett, 257 Checklist: 133-264, 485 Sparky Lyle, 622 Rookie Outfielders Fred Lynn

thank you,

Mike
  • Options
    My pack arrived today.
    Thank you Felicia! It was really fun opening.
    I'll scan it by this weekend because my computer is on Vista, and I have
    an old scanner, so I have to use my wife's laptop which she takes to work
    with her that is compatible with the scanner. It's still on XP.
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    I've spent the great part of the last hour trying to fix this POS with HP...I have to let the internal battery die for 4 days...and try again...if that doesn't work...she's dead.

I may end up just using the camera phone for the bust afterall.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    Thank you so much Felicia for this fantastic giveaway. I want to add that I am about 70 cards away from completing my raw 1975 set and in the last few days have had a couple of members here offer up some duplicates. Of the 80 or so duplicates offered me I only needed 1 of those cards. Of the 18 cards I got from Felicia's cello I got 8 cards I needed ! ! . Thanks......here they are:
    and the Robinson looks like a 10 of which there are none yet.
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    The '75 set is one of my favorites.

These rips are like a flashback for me ... minus the wrappers, the gum and assorted candy that we would buy with the change from the packs.

Looks like everyone has done pretty good with star and HOFers in each pack.

cheers
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    JimRad,

Can you use any of the cards that I pulled? LMK.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    great thread, great cards....great gesture by IJLC.

way to go. keep posting.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    Well i already posted some pics from my rip so.....

I just wanted to say that my pursuit for a job is coming along . I had a second interview with Remington Arms , which for those who are
    not familiar is a maker of hunting guns and ammo. They called me a third time and want me there next Monday . They have a very intense
    interview process , which you would expect handling weapons and stuff. Out of 14 people that were called in for the interview process only
    two of us are still in the running. So hopefully things go well.
    A collector of all things Braves
    Always looking for Chipper Jones cards.
    Im a very focused collector of cards from 1909 - 2012...LOL
  • Options
    smetsmet Posts: 359 ✭✭

<< <i>Well i already posted some pics from my rip so.....

I just wanted to say that my pursuit for a job is coming along . I had a second interview with Remington Arms , which for those who are
    not familiar is a maker of hunting guns and ammo. They called me a third time and want me there next Monday . They have a very intense
    interview process , which you would expect handling weapons and stuff. Out of 14 people that were called in for the interview process only
    two of us are still in the running. So hopefully things go well. >>

Good luck. Sounds like a job I would like image
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So hopefully things go well. >>

Hope you get it bigwilli!
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    Good luck bigwilli, I can't wait for you to get the job so I can start trading you braves cards for guns & ammo. image
  • Options
    Thanks everyone....I need to get back to work.... Im gaining weight from sitting around...image
    A collector of all things Braves
    Always looking for Chipper Jones cards.
    Im a very focused collector of cards from 1909 - 2012...LOL
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    guys, let me know if you need any of the cards I pulled...
    OR
    maybe we could draw a name randomly of the 16 of us.. ( by we I mean Felicia )
    and we can send the commons or whatever to one person to start them off building the set...
    just a thought
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Wow, some sweet cards are getting pulled. Ijustlovecards now has the 2 best threads going.

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jason,

How's the Claudell Washington look? That is a TOUGH card to find NM or better..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bill,

The Aaron looks pretty good from the scan...maybe an 8?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    First of all, I would like to again express my appreciation to Felicia for doing this for me and all of us. It's amazing how being in a low point can affect every aspect of your life. I know I've been a lot less easy going for the last few months...and like Keith said, I've gained a couple of pounds too. This event was certainly an uplifting one, and I thank you.

This rip was absolutely thrilling for me. I can't remember ever ripping any '75s, of either variety, so it was a rare treat.

To start:

imageimage

Inside:
    imageimage
    imageimage

And finally...the Brett...

imageimage
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    theBobstheBobs Posts: 1,136 ✭✭

Great thread, and a wonderful gesture.

Cheers.
    Where have you gone Dave Vargha
    CU turns its lonely eyes to you
    What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
    Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • Options
    With the awesome hits from my cello rip I am down to the following to complete my 1975 raw set.
    Anyone with any of these cards for sale or trade LMK. Thanks to all & LOVE to Felicia.image
    1,2,65,75,80,117,120,121,125,130,133,140,154,157,160,163,165,170,171,176,185,189,191,193,196,198,
    207,223,228,230,243,260,264,279,280,312,320,325,331,335,350,370,420,461,464,491,500,510,511,517,
    526,529,532,540,547,556,557,565,585,601,611,616,617,618,620,621,622,625,626,628,638,640,647,660
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    I love seeing these rips...the bench was real nice, an aaron looked real good as well, some real nice cards were pulled...

Who got Brett and who got Yount?

I can't wait to see more...this is awesome..
    The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    how many of the 16 ripped so far???

11 by my count
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>I love seeing these rips...the bench was real nice, an aaron looked real good as well, some real nice cards were pulled...

Who got Brett and who got Yount?

I can't wait to see more...this is awesome.. >>

HOPEFULLY YOU in the others you have. GOOD LUCK! Yes, the Bench is real nice looking! THANK YOU!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Wow, almost every pack so far as had at least one hall of famer with most having two or three. I think I only saw two or three packs that did not have a hall of famer in it.
  • Options

<< <i>Jason,

How's the Claudell Washington look? That is a TOUGH card to find NM or better.. >>

It is pretty nice, except it has about 4 or 5 print blemishes. looks nicely centered and the corners are good, just a slight touch to a few.
  • Options
    mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭
    received my pack yesterday--THANKS AGAIN, FELICIA!!! however, like a few other recipients, my scanner crapped out on sunday so i am unable to post any scans until i buy a new one (unfortunately, i dont have a digital camera)--that being said, here is an old-fashioned, "pre-internet"-style list of the cards i got, in the exact order they were positioned in the pack:

okay, taking it from the top (no pun intended):

george brett #228

george brett #228

robin yount #223

robin yount #223

george brett #228

george brett #228

george brett #228

nolan ryan #500

hank aaron #660

nolan ryan #500

well, u guys get the idea--the last eight cards in the pack were all 50/50 bretts that even had corner protectors on the corners of each card--the corners are so sharp i used one of them to shave off my month-old bum beard this morning (bum as in hobo, not arse)--i think to give them "10's" would be undergrading them so i'm in the process of sending joe an email lobbying for a new "11" grade (or maybe he'll meet me halfway with a 10.5). i was suprised that felicia would send me a pack with not only a brett showing thru on top but one on the bottom as well (and eleven more in between-- the guy at the topps factory who put this pack together back in 75 has probably been looking for work since the day this pack got sealed under his jurisdiction so we should try to locate him and if find out if he collects and if he does felicia could send him a pack (or maybe one of those rack packs!!)

okay, i was only kidding (almost april fools????)--the pack only had 12 bretts.

okay, here's what i really got (again, taking it from the top)
    bob bailey #365
    r......................ay burris #566
    larry bowa # 420
    tim mccarver # 586
    checklist # 646
    larvell blanks #394
    tim johnson # 556: the gum was touching the back of this card and the back of the one right below it, which is none other than...... (drumroll please!)
    r.......................ick wise # 56
    tom dettore #469
    mike lum # 154
    bob grich # 225
    g...........................iants team #216
    frank tanana #16
    bobby murcer #350
    r...............................on blomberg # 68
    tommy john # 47
    r................................ick monday # 129
    and finally, last but certainly not least, mike tyson (before he took up boxing) #231

well, it doesnt take a rocket scientist to see that there were zero hall of famers in this pack--tommy john is the closest i got to cooperstown (at first when i came across him, i was like "hey, tommy john--i think he's a hall of famer" (but i was wrong).

overall, the cards were nice--the centering was generally good, a few were off-center and a few had a slight corner ding in the upper-right corner. also, dont know if any of u guys experienced this, but the card that was on the bottom of the pack (tyson) has a white print mark on it that at first i thought might be from the white portion of the cellophane, but the mark on the card is on the right side of the card and the part of the back of the cellophane (the back side with folds) that has the white part on it is on the left side of the pack, so i dont think the print mark on the card is from the white part on the cello. did anyone else have this same problem with their bottom card if it was face-up on the bottom of the pack??

of the 18 cards, there were only two i needed for my set (i still need 137 cards).
    as i said, i'll scan the cards as soon as i pick up a new scanner (and if i got twelve bretts in the pack, i wouldve gone out and bought a new scanner on the spot--heck, i wouldve bought twelve of em--one for each card!!
    thanks again, felicia for this most generous and gracious gesture and good luck to the any of the remaining guys who havent received their packs yet!!!!!
  • Options
    Frank Tanana is a serious card even if its in a psa 8.
    The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • Options
    mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭
    hey there felicia--unfortunately, its very off-center (one of the few in the pack that was oc)--and of course, its one of the two i needed!!image
  • Options

My 75 pack just showed up, and I have to say thank you very much Felicia! Easily the oldest pack I've opened and it was a blast. Now I only 642 more cards to complete the set. Here are the scans.

• Options
    my pack just arrived!!

no scans yet, will have some this afternoon.

Top card - Lee Lacy
    Bottom Card - Ed Kirkpatrick

rest of pack upcoming.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Authorized wholesale dealer for BCW, if you need any supplies let me know and I will get you a quote
  • Options
    Here's the rest of my pack:

Bob Tolan
    Rudy Meoli
    Rick Burleson
    Mike Jorgenson
    Bob Apodaca
    Don Kessinger
    Burt Hooton
    Doug Rader
    Carl Morton
    Carl Yastrzemski / Orlando Cepeda MVP
    Milt Wilcox
    Jerry Kossman
    Buddy Bell
    Dusty Baker
    Fergie Jenkins
    Billy Grabarkewitz

Overall good-great centering. A few with printing dots, no gum stain.

Thanks again Felica!!!
    ---------------------------------------------
    Authorized wholesale dealer for BCW, if you need any supplies let me know and I will get you a quote
  • Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    If anyone pulls a decently centered nm-mt example of the following cards, I'm a buyer:
    10 Willie Davis
    77 Richie Zisk
    150 Bob Gibson
    172 Red Sox team
    257 checklist
    260 Johnny Bench
    310 Wins Leaders
    312 Strikeout Leaders
    620 Gary Carter rookie
    Thanks!
  • Options
    jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭
    The Bob Apodaca is a tough card. Do you have a scan?
  • Options
    Are all the packs scanned or accounted for?
  • Options
    EagleEyeKid received the cards, but couldnt scan them. I will scan them here for him as soon as I get them.
  • Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    What a great gesture to bring some joy other who need a little lift.
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    I meant to chime in on this a long time ago. This is the coolest giveaway ever offered on this board. Mega props to Felicia!

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options

<< <i>EagleEyeKid received the cards, but couldnt scan them. I will scan them here for him as soon as I get them. >>

Sorry for the delay. Here are the scans of the cards sent to EagleEyeKid:
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    Did everyone scan their packs? Were there no Brett, Yount, or Carter RC's?
  • Options

<< <i>Did everyone scan their packs? Were there no Brett, Yount, or Carter RC's? >>

I didn't see anyone post a scan of Brett, Yount or Carter.image
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Jim Rice or Nolan Ryan?
  • Options
    BassPro77BassPro77 Posts: 1,152
    good stuff
    Bill
    looking for PELLE LINDBERGH's psa and 1960 fleer baseball psa 8 and up
    sets in progress
    R.I.P. Barstow 24 April 1999 - May 15 2009