Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

*****The Official 2009 Ultra High Relief Double Eagle Gold Coin Order Thread*****

Comments

• Options
    PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bithrate....my order, placed at 1:33, says request is on hold.
  • Options
    ArtistArtist Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭

<< <i>With all the hoopla, these pieces could be selling at the melt price for U.S. government gold coins within a year. I’m not saying that’s an ironclad certainty. It’s just quite possible. >>

Ah, Bill, but then the real question becomes: what will the melt price be in a year?

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What is: "Order Status: Your order request has been suspended."???

Is anyone else getting that?! >>

Not a good sign...did you order more than 1? Does your cc have the available credit? Did any one at your address also order a set? Did anyone at a different address order one with your credit card? If none of the above...contact the Mint. Ooops forgot the most important one...does the address on your cc match the address you gave the Mint.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>With all the hoopla, these pieces could be selling at the melt price for U.S. government gold coins within a year. I’m not saying that’s an ironclad certainty. It’s just quite possible. >>

Ah, Bill, but then the real question becomes: what will the melt price be in a year?

image >>

Well I didn't say that selling for melt would be a bad thing ... image
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    ArtistArtist Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭
    I saw one of the originals in the Smithsonian before they took down their great coin exhibit - and while I prefer the design of the Indian $10 to the $20 Saint in its final low relief form, it was hard for me not to concede that in its ultra high relief form, this coin really is the high water mark for American coin design.

I am so thrilled that the US Mint has made this coin available - it gives thousands a chance to appreciate ownership of a true masterpiece. I am glad mintage is unrestricted - with all due respect to the flippers, my hope is that this issue never carries much of premium, so that it can be enjoyed by any & all who wish to pursue one.
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

Funny that the coin and the book are listed as separate items on the order confirmation...does the book fit into the coin box...or is it larger?
  • Options
    BithrateBithrate Posts: 555 ✭✭
    Ok - now is says it's on hold...

I don't get it...
  • Options
    TomohawkTomohawk Posts: 667 ✭✭
    Order #: 30846XXX

Placed 2 mins ago...extremely quick on the website, but I had pre-loaded the order page (thanks, HLRaiser!!! SP?).

Feb 6 is my ship date...not buying that though...
    ASE Addict...but oh so poor!
  • Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    just place my order at 1:50. June delivery

#30846xxx
  • Options
    BithrateBithrate Posts: 555 ✭✭

<< <i>Order #: 30846XXX

Placed 2 mins ago...extremely quick on the website, but I had pre-loaded the order page (thanks, HLRaiser!!! SP?).

Feb 6 is my ship date...not buying that though... >>

What does your order status say, out of curiosity? image
  • Options
    Hmm...my order says: "You're order request is suspended."

What the heck?
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Daughter #1 30828XXX

Daughter #2 30828XXX

Son #1 30827XXX

My Good Buddy Hyperion 30826XXX

All within first 20 mins >>

Thanks buddy ! image
  • Options
    karpman9karpman9 Posts: 309 ✭✭
    Order #: 30835XXX

11:07am, MST

Jeff.K. Karp

Meet my first little guy, Benjamin. Born 4/8/2007
    Pic taken at 2.5 years of age.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Does anyones order say suspended? That's what mine says.
    i've never seen that before. >>

Did you try ordering more than one? >>

No, i just ordered 1. Seems kinda wierd. I'll just have to call them
    SEE the BULL!! BUY the BULL!! BE the BULL!! Do your homework first. And, you will learn alot!!
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>What is: "Order Status: Your order request has been suspended."???

Is anyone else getting that?! >>

I got it 2, don't know what's goin on!
    SEE the BULL!! BUY the BULL!! BE the BULL!! Do your homework first. And, you will learn alot!!
  • Options
    Well, mine, like yours Bithrate, is back to: "Your order request is on hold."

Guess that means I'm ok...
  • Options
    VTCoinsVTCoins Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭
    I done got me three!
    Tim Puro
    Puro's Coins and Jewelry
    Rutland, VT

(802)773-3883

Link to my website www.vtcoins.com

Link to my eBay auctions

Buy, sell and trade all coins, US paper money, jewelry, diamonds and anything made of gold, silver or platinum.
  • Options
    Mine changed as well! Now on hold. I don't know what happened. I've ordered alot over the years, & never seen that before
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    When I finished my order on the Mint site it gave me a order #. I than later plugged that # into track order status bar link and there was no record of that #. I checked my email and it was a totally different order #. I than entered the # in my email to the Mint track order and I was good to go. Unfornately the # was about 200 orders down the list.
  • Options
    greghansengreghansen Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭
    Well that was painful...but finally in @ 2:11 EST with 3084xxxx. Now for a Bud Light!

Greg Hansen, Melbourne, FL Click here for any current EBAY auctions Multiple "Circle of Trust" transactions over 14 years on forum

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

Someone earlier posted that their confirmation said it was backordered until JUNE...I'm assuming that was a joke, correct?

The latest I've seen so far is February.
  • Options
    53BKid53BKid Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭
    "In stock and reserved"...sweet.
    HAPPY COLLECTING!!!
  • Options
    HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭

<< <i>"In stock and reserved"...sweet. >>

me too....@ 2:32

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    northcoinnorthcoin Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks like order numbers 30826XXX are the WINNERS!image >>

Actually it is not until #30829xxx that the second batch starts to go out on Feb 6th. Looks like everyone with #30828xxx and below get one of the first shipment on 1/28. I doubt there will be any effort by the mint to send out orders in order of striking, but at least if you are in the first batch to be mailed you can assume you were among the first lot to be minted.
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    high relief coin order # 30831xxx in stock and reserved. Same order # and Coin book is backordered 2-6-09
  • Options

Order number: 30828XXX............IN STOCK RESERVED

Order Date: 01/22/2009 at 12:28 AM
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Says "In Stock and Reserved" which is another term/interchangeable for First Strike.....

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options

<< <i>Order number: 30828XXX............IN STOCK RESERVED

Order Date: 01/22/2009 at 12:28 AM >>

Mine had AM (1220) too. Someone should explain the clock to them.
  • Options
    MetalsmanMetalsman Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Says "In Stock and Reserved" which is another term/interchangeable for First Strike.....

Miles >>

Ditto x 3 image
  • Options
    BaronVonBaughBaronVonBaugh Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭✭
    30828XXX
    01/22/2009 at 12:30 AM

2009 ULTRA HIGH RELIEF GOLD COIN 1 $1,189.00 $1,189.00 In stock and reserved
    2009 ULTRA HIGH RELIEF GOLD COIN BOOK 1 $0.00 $0.00 1 unit backordered. Expected to ship on 02/06/2009.

• Options
    aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭
    Ya know, we don't know how the Mint will handle orders with the 'new' pricing.

My guess is the cancel box will go away very fast. Even if your order doesn't ship for another month.

Although I don't think they have to worry about cancelations because I also think we got lucky with the gold price @ between $800 and $850. It's at $859 right know and if that holds the UHR will go up by $50.

• Options

<< <i>16,000 sold. image

That's more than the mintage of the original High Releif $20, which was around 12,000.

With all the hoopla, these pieces could be selling at the melt price for U.S. government gold coins within a year. I’m not saying that’s an ironclad certainty. It’s just quite possible.

So why was I a lemming? I'm a collector, which is a form of madness. >>

Best post of the day. Spoken like a tried and tested collector.
  • Options
    Ordered at 1:10 pm It has changed from backordered 02/06/09 to in stock and reserved.

Back to backordered
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    30850xxx shipping tomorrow with Preferred Customer Deluxe Executive shipping option.
  • Options

<< <i>Says "In Stock and Reserved" which is another term/interchangeable for First Strike.....

Miles >>

Of course PCGS will certify as first strike all that get submitted to PCGS by 2/21/09 so that could include ones in the second batch going out from the mint on February 6th. (Maybe the first batch going out on or before 1/28 gets a sticker along with the "First Strike" designation. lol ) image
  • Options
    relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just ordered mine with no problems. Backordered, expected ship date of 2/6/09.

JJ
    Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • Options
    CoxeCoxe Posts: 11,139

<< <i>It will save the board becoming cluttered with a dozen separate threads. >>

Yeah, right, SM1. LOL. Every fool (maybe including myself) who buys one will feel obliged to start his or her own thread......and another when it arrives in whatever state or circumstances.
    Select Rarities -- DMPLs and VAMs
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
  • Options
    veryfineveryfine Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭
    We over think these things too much.
    If you're an obsessed collector like I am, you simply MUST have one of these, and you want it right away. Yes, it sucks when you buy high and gold drops in value, but the alternative sucks as well! What are you gonna do, sit at your computer for 6 months and try to nab one of these when gold drops a few dollars? Don't you have better ways to spend your time? So if gold drops $200 by the end of the year, is that really such a tragedy? If I were allowed to purchase 10 of these now and the price of gold dropped to $300 per ounce in the near future, THAT would suck.
    But you are only allowed one of these anyway.
    GET A LIFE!!!!!!
    Enjoy yourself and your collection.

And stop saying, "for this price, I'll get a real St. Gaudens." The "real" St. Gaudens is a lame, compromised version of the original concept, and anyone with a kindergarten art education knows this.
    Sometimes the "REAL" thing is the WRONG thing.
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    My two orders went "in stock and reserved"

12:23 email 30827XXX
    12:48 email 30831XXX

Isn't this telling me that the book is backordered and expected to ship 2/6/9

Product Name Quantity Price
    (each) Total Item Status Cancel

2009 ULTRA HIGH RELIEF GOLD COIN 1 $1,189.00 $1,189.00 In stock and reserved
    2009 ULTRA HIGH RELIEF GOLD COIN BOOK 1 $0.00 $0.00 1 unit backordered. Expected to ship on 02/06/2009.

Joe
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Miles >>

Of course PCGS will certify as first strike all that get submitted to PCGS by 2/21/09 so that could include ones in the second batch going out from the mint on February 9th. (Maybe the first batch gets a sticker along with the "First Strike" designation. ) image >>

Is the cut off date the only criteria or can you submit a SEALED AND DATED coin at a later date??

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    Why do you guys rush the door at kickoff, complain about slow servers and refresh rates, and waste time staring at the screen when you can casually order before you go to bed tonight in about two minutes? It's not like this is an ultra low mintage anniversary issue.
  • Options
    I hope the UHR coins stay in their capsules on their way (in the mail) from the Mint.

Is the NASA commemorative coin program going to have a High Relief gold coin in it?
    If so, high relief coins may become all too common.
  • Options
    RockdogzRockdogz Posts: 145 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Why do you guys rush the door at kickoff, complain about slow servers and refresh rates, and waste time staring at the screen when you can casually order before you go to bed tonight in about two minutes? It's not like this is an ultra low mintage anniversary issue. >>

I'm thinking it's because unless you work at the Mint, you don't know how many coins have been minted, how many planchets are readily available, and ultimately how long it will take for you to receive your coin. Maybe if you wait a whole day and 15,000 orders get in front of you, you could be looking at the end of the year for shipment. Not a big deal to some, but is to others.
  • Options
    I suppose.

The anticipation is half the fun though too.
  • Options
    "shipping tomorrow with Preferred Customer Deluxe Executive shipping option"

• Options
    Well, I had Order number: 30829xxx

But it also said:
    Order Status: Your order request has been suspended.

This afternoon, I checked my account, and the order had disappeared. I called the Mint, and there was no trace of it in their system.

So I placed a phone order, which is now Order number: 30854xxx.

I was told that the "expected" shipping date would show as "02/06/2009," but that actual shipment might take six to none months.

I'm now thinking of cancelling it. image
    Good deals with: goldman86 mkman123 Wingsrule wondercoin segoja Tccuga OKCC LindeDad and others.

my early American coins & currency: -- http://yankeedoodlecoins.com/
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    I ran into the same problem
  • Options
    HIGHLOWLEAVESHIGHLOWLEAVES Posts: 783 ✭✭✭
    I am not sure that the USM was overwhelmed with orders for the UHR coin today. Comments
    Specialized Investments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file