Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

***The official downturn of the PCGS graded 2008 Reverse of 2007 ASE thanks to John Nanney thread!!!

Comments

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,970 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>What's the going price on a PCGS MS69FS??? Looks like it's under $575.

Link1

Link 2

Link 3

How about the PCGS MS70FS?? Under $2900 here............

Link 4

Last chance to sell at these prices!!!!!! image >>

The MS70 was not a 1st strike >>

You are right!

What value does FS bring to the table on this MS70 issue??.......thank you.
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    There are too many listed, with the true auctions outnumbering the BIN's, kinda a buyer market, unlike the 06 anniv. sets, it won't last forever IMHO...image
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    There are 161 first strikes and only 45 non first strikes.
  • Options
    We'll have to see what happens this next week to 10 days, but it does appear there is a lull in the price increases--perhaps even a little bit of a downturn presently. If the flippers panic and start dumping a bunch on eBay, this could bring prices down further and start an even bigger panic and subsequently even more dumping with larger price drops. It's like the card game "Old Maid"--you don't want to be caught holding them at the end of the game . . .
  • Options
    Bayard1908Bayard1908 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand the interest in this coin at all. For $500 to $600 you can buy a rare coin with historic significance, as opposed to bullion minted yesterday.
  • Options

<< <i>I don't understand the interest in this coin at all. For $500 to $600 you can buy a rare coin with historic significance, as opposed to bullion minted yesterday. >>

Bayard1908........image

Oh, and image to the forums!!!!! image
  • Options
    BurnieBurnie Posts: 436 ✭✭✭
    I don't understand the interest in this coin at all. For $500 to $600 you can buy a rare coin with historic significance, as opposed to bullion minted yesterday.

It depends on your perspective and your timing... where can you buy a rare historic coin for $25.00 and sell it within a few weeks for $600.00? Then there is the unknown potential of this newly minted bullion...how much value does it really have? Is it $25.00 or $2,500.00? My personal risk threshold is high, I can wait to see where these coins might end up and enjoy the ride the whole time. High, low or anywhere inbetween this is a fun coin to be involved with. I would much rather collect this coin and engage in debate about its potential, speculate about its actual mintage and all the many theories that go along with a newly minted coin that was not supposed to be.

Yes, you can buy a sure thing well established rare historic coin with historic significance and in 10 years that will be a 2008/07 reverse silver eagle. image
    BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • Options
    Bayard1908Bayard1908 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Yes, you can buy a sure thing well established rare historic coin with historic significance and in 10 years that will be a 2008/07 reverse silver eagle. image >>

I guess I shouldn't complain. Prices are still reasonable for what I collect, perhaps in large part because the public is chasing high grade moderns.
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<Yes, you can buy a sure thing well established rare historic coin with historic significance and in 10 years that will be a 2008/07 reverse silver eagle.>>

At least with these one had a shot of getting in on the ground floor.

Time will tell, 10 years, could be a highly sought after variety, error, well executed ploy, mint blunder, etc........
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't understand the interest in this coin at all. For $500 to $600 you can buy a rare coin with historic significance, as opposed to bullion minted yesterday.

It depends on your perspective and your timing... where can you buy a rare historic coin for $25.00 and sell it within a few weeks for $600.00? Then there is the unknown potential of this newly minted bullion...how much value does it really have? Is it $25.00 or $2,500.00? My personal risk threshold is high, I can wait to see where these coins might end up and enjoy the ride the whole time. High, low or anywhere inbetween this is a fun coin to be involved with. I would much rather collect this coin and engage in debate about its potential, speculate about its actual mintage and all the many theories that go along with a newly minted coin that was not supposed to be.

Yes, you can buy a sure thing well established rare historic coin with historic significance and in 10 years that will be a 2008/07 reverse silver eagle. image >>

PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • Options
    The last PCGS MS70 sold for $2150 on June 16th.

$2150

On June 17th there were 12 PCGS MS70's for sell on eBay. Five (5) auctions currently without BINs, up from only two (2) the previous 14 days. Folks with the PCGS MS70s are starting to loosen up.
  • Options
    jsfjsf Posts: 1,889
    +1
  • Options
    The raw coins are still around $500.
  • Options
    It would be interesting to know exactly how much shill bidding is affecting the prices of these coins during these initial weeks of exploding interest. Impossible to tell exactly, but I would think that because of the huge initial surge of interest, emotions play a large part in bidding up these prices. How high will prices go? Will I be able to get one? Maybe I can make some good money on these . . . geeze, I don't want to be left out. And when bidders get very emotional, it creates a nice ripe opportunity for shill bidders to feed the frenzy--for dealers who are inclined to use that as a tool to bid up prices and make more money. I think it would not be very difficult to make friends with someone from a different part of the country and exchange a little shill bidding for each other . . .

Interesting variety and phenomenon, never-the-less . . .
  • Options

Place your vote here!
  • Options
    Downturn??? I say yes!!!!!!

Sell 'em guys!!!!!!!......Cheapest I've seen of late!!!!!!

eBay Link1

eBay Link2

edited to show one I missed: Cheapest Yet!!!
  • Options
    PonyExpress8PonyExpress8 Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭
    There is a good reason for the cheapest yet with a feedback rating of 91.7%. LOL

I would say around $475 is the market at the moment.
    The End of the Line in the West.

Website-Americana Rare Coin Inc
  • Options

<< <i>There is a good reason for the cheapest yet with a feedback rating of 91.7%. LOL

I would say around $475 is the market at the moment. >>

• Options
    This seller listed seven NGC MS69s 10 days ago with a current BIN for $492 or Best Offer. With less than 12 hours left on these auctions, he's only been able to sell one of the seven at $475.

NGC MS69 Best Offer $475

Some might see that as a good deal. Wonder how the other six will do.
  • Options
    Stating the case

Looks like a downturn to me.

Hey TonyWKoo....how about a post on this thread!!!! image

ps. I own one of these overinflated ASE's!!!

One more!!!
  • Options
    Here's the thing, yesterday a few sold as high as 575.00, still pretty good and a close hold from my figures 12-15 days back, seems to bounce back and forth between bin's going higher, or bin's getting zero action and vise versa, sorry, 1 finger's all i got, babys eating again...
  • Options
    The baby's eating fingers. WoW!
  • Options
  • Options
    Over $500

OK, I take it back!!!!

Downturn has been delayed again.......image
  • Options

What say 2008/rev07 pumpers???? image

Oucharoo!!!
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    another oucherroo.

Link low ball

This one was purchased 3 hrs later

eBay ... better sale
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

<< <i>another oucherroo.

Link low ball

This one was purchased 3 hrs later

eBay ... better sale >>

OPA, if you click on the second link and check out the purchase date.....it was July 1st

Time will tell if the tide is turning....so far it appears, it just may be.
  • Options
    So it was ... seller had 2 available & the auction closed 7/9 ... me bad.

Tides normally come in & go out. My gut feeling tells me that this coin will appreciate substantially more in the long term than what it is selling for right now.
  • Options

<< <i>What say 2008/rev07 pumpers???? image

Oucharoo!!! >>

Wow, I'd say the seller is a scammer trying to pass off First Strike as First Struck....and I quote "This $1 Silver Eagle coin was among the first coins minted thus the First Strike notation".
  • Options
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>latest non fs >>

I view your many posts of the demise of 2008/07s with a lot of humor..too bad you missed out on the best gold rush from the Mint of all time .. those who got the 2008/07from the mint had a 2,000 % return in 1 MONTH... annualized 24,000 %%%%%..beats trading commodity futures , so prices may drop more , but this 2008/07 is keeper for higher prices yet to come image too bad
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>latest non fs >>

I view your many posts of the demise of 2008/07s with a lot of humor..too bad you missed out on the best gold rush from the Mint of all time .. those who got the 2008/07from the mint had a 2,000 % return in 1 MONTH... annualized 24,000 %%%%%..beats trading commodity futures , so prices may drop more , but this 2008/07 is keeper for higher prices yet to come image too bad >>

This thread was meant to be humorous and also factual.

I mentioned earlier that I do now own 1 of these error/varieties and just added one more.

I just enjoy watching people pump their wares on a public forum, so that I can swoop in and comment one way or the other!!!

This is a prime example of "modernus crapinopolis!!!" image
  • Options
    Hi all,
    I see that these 08's with 07 reverse are in the pcgs registry but are not counted yet. Does this mean to have a 100% complete ms set one would have to get one of these or will this coin have a spot in the registry but not counted in the rating and completion (im thinking 1964 kennedy accent type coin). I really dont want to read that mega post as i am sure its in there maybe just a quick yes or no and a sentence of explanation. thanks

~Ryan
  • Options
    3 auctions today for PCGS MS69FS....I see a downturn in the making, sorry guys. image

Will it get back to $500+..... image

$429

$430

$430

• Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    goldbully

you love to see these auctions close lower and lower......it's like you get some sick joy out of it?

if there were a rediculous reason why these coins are at these levels ......something like a limited packaging option, a colorized coin (like the stupid quarters Marvel overlaid with the Silver Surfer, etc) I wouldn't be bothered at all with your thread topic or position....but this is not the case

you do know that this is the FIRST and ONLY major variety in the ASE series, one of the most collected and popular series of all time.

also, the variety has been erroneously minted to the tune of 47k, even though less than 30,000 have been reported (far less)....could possibly dethrown the hugely popular 1995-W

it has already been added the the CDN, actively traded and has been promoted by many major dealers in print in CW (not just the TV personalities)

i guess it's sour grapes. you weren't very lucky finding any or didn't persue a winner. this was a winner from the start, any experienced numistmatist knew it.

just call it for what it is.

this thread should have been titled

"I didn't get any 08/07's and i'm pis&ed"
  • Options

<< <i>3 auctions today for PCGS MS69FS....I see a downturn in the making, sorry guys. image

Um, No down turn here, this from yesterday$550.00 image
  • Options

<< <i>3 auctions today for PCGS MS69FS....I see a downturn in the making, sorry guys. image

$429

$430

$430 >>

BTW only 1 of the above 3 auction was a FS & with his description of the item, it did not come up in my search...(2008 w/rev of 07 silver eagle PCGS MS-69 FIRST STRIKE)
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dump phase of the Pump n Dump appears to be well underway!! image

• Options
  • Options

<< <i>Hi all,
    I see that these 08's with 07 reverse are in the pcgs registry but are not counted yet. Does this mean to have a 100% complete ms set one would have to get one of these or will this coin have a spot in the registry but not counted in the rating and completion (im thinking 1964 kennedy accent type coin). I really dont want to read that mega post as i am sure its in there maybe just a quick yes or no and a sentence of explanation. thanks

~Ryan >>

I asked PCGS that Question Last Week. The answer was they were'nt sure yet which set,however,Typically,every year,the Newest Additions are listed in Red or Optional until The Registry Foilks Decide to Require them, Which ,in my guess,will probably be early 2009. This gives everyone a chance to obtain the newest additions for their sets. I Have a Very Strong feeling that this 2008 W with 07 Reverse will be part of The ASE Registry. I'll Copy and Paste The E-Mail from Jaye soo you all can read it for yourselves. Ray in Florida..

Hello Ray

The 2008-W American Silver Eagle with 2007 Reverse will not be required until early 2009 and I’m not sure in which set at this time. This policy allows all registrants working on modern sets ample time to obtain coins released by the mint during the year. For further information please refer to the “Rules” page at the following link. http://pcgs.com/setregistry/rules.aspx .

Please let me know if you have any further trouble.

Thank you

Jaye Woodward

Collectors Universe

Set Registry Coordinator

949-567-1234 ext. 295

949-833-7660
  • Options

<< <i>The dump phase of the Pump n Dump appears to be well underway!! image >>

Not yet...

Recent FS closing

Another one

Last PCGS FS MS70 sold
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭

<< <i>goldbully

you love to see these auctions close lower and lower......it's like you get some sick joy out of it?

if there were a rediculous reason why these coins are at these levels ......something like a limited packaging option, a colorized coin (like the stupid quarters Marvel overlaid with the Silver Surfer, etc) I wouldn't be bothered at all with your thread topic or position....but this is not the case

you do know that this is the FIRST and ONLY major variety in the ASE series, one of the most collected and popular series of all time.

also, the variety has been erroneously minted to the tune of 47k, even though less than 30,000 have been reported (far less)....could possibly dethrown the hugely popular 1995-W

it has already been added the the CDN, actively traded and has been promoted by many major dealers in print in CW (not just the TV personalities)

i guess it's sour grapes. you weren't very lucky finding any or didn't persue a winner. this was a winner from the start, any experienced numistmatist knew it.

"I didn't get any 08/07's and i'm pis&ed" >>

lol. and i am not laughing at your target... :-P
    i cannot wait till folks like you see a real downturn in the coin market...
    after all, everything just goes up right?
  • Options
    How about the PCGS MS69 that just sold for $514 a few minutes ago?
  • Options

<< <i>goldbully

Sorry 7over8, don't mean to get under your skin, but it's my opinion that this series will correct like most of the other ASE/APE/AGE issues.

I appreciate your passion, and your stating of the facts on this "error/variety."

Thanks for that.

BTW, I do have 1 of these coins in MS69FS FWIW....hopefully that qualifies me to post on the subject.

I guess you can look at this thread in two ways.

I'm childish and I'm lashing out, or I'm satirizing the mega John Nanney thread, as it was filled with lots of pumpers and glassy eyed dreamers.

Hey, I know what it's like to be a cheerleader for investments....I include myself wholeheartedly....it's human nature.

Good luck to you....hope you have lots of those silvery beauties. image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>goldbully

lol. and i am not laughing at your target... :-P
    i cannot wait till folks like you see a real downturn in the coin market...
    after all, everything just goes up right? >>

Folks Like You,??? Oh I see, you don't like his kinda people on these boards, it's all very clear now...Doomsayer attitude toward these Folks that are not the same as him.
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

$429

$430

$430 >>

Downturn, maybe, the economy does seem to drag on all of us.

I, however, did sell a raw this weekend just shy of $500.00 so I can't complain. It'll help feed my "W" platinum addiction.image

Ren
  • Options

<< <i>

$429

$430

$430 >>

Downturn, maybe, the economy does seem to drag on all of us.

I, however, did sell a raw this weekend just shy of $500.00 so I can't complain. It'll help feed my "W" platinum addiction.image

Ren >>

Renman, I went cold turkey on my 'W' platinum addiction.....Darn they get pricey!!!

BTW, Beck '08????
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

Renman, I went cold turkey on my 'W' platinum addiction.....Darn they get pricey!!!

BTW, Beck '08???? >>

NS, I was going to do a 3-coin 1oz plasticized set but got priced down to quarter oz's.

I'm just trying to hide my cash in PM's before the Feds do a reverse split on American cash.

Beck '08 is a comedic farse that Glenn Beck created. He boosts about being a candidate that says what everyone (in Glenn's mind) is thinking. In real life he's a talk show host, He's got a TV show, write books, has a magazine, does political concerts, understanding wife, 4 kids, and is a recovering alcoholic. I say the last because he likes to remind everyone of that virtually every daily. I find him entertaining and on the mark more than not. Oh, and he's ADD...and is somewhat proud of that. He does have a rather compelling personal story.

Ren
  • Options

<< <i>Renman, I went cold turkey on my 'W' platinum addiction.....Darn they get pricey!!!

BTW, Beck '08???? >>

NS, I was going to do a 3-coin 1oz plasticized set but got priced down to quarter oz's.

I'm just trying to hide my cash in PM's before the Feds do a reverse split on American cash.

Beck '08 is a comedic farse that Glenn Beck created. He boosts about being a candidate that says what everyone (in Glenn's mind) is thinking. In real life he's a talk show host, He's got a TV show, write books, has a magazine, does political concerts, understanding wife, 4 kids, and is a recovering alcoholic. I say the last because he likes to remind everyone of that virtually every daily. I find him entertaining and on the mark more than not. Oh, and he's ADD...and is somewhat proud of that. He does have a rather compelling personal story.

Ren >>

Good point on the PM's.....cash(the dollar) is a dwindling exchange instrument for sure.

Also, I was hoping that was Glenn.....I love and own his "An Inconvenient Book!"

He's an amazing man, I listen/watch virtually everyday....that is, until "blood shoots out of my eyes!" image
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>goldbully

Sorry 7over8, don't mean to get under your skin, but it's my opinion that this series will correct like most of the other ASE/APE/AGE issues.

I appreciate your passion, and your stating of the facts on this "error/variety."

Thanks for that.

BTW, I do have 1 of these coins in MS69FS FWIW....hopefully that qualifies me to post on the subject.

I guess you can look at this thread in two ways.

I'm childish and I'm lashing out, or I'm satirizing the mega John Nanney thread, as it was filled with lots of pumpers and glassy eyed dreamers.

Hey, I know what it's like to be a cheerleader for investments....I include myself wholeheartedly....it's human nature.

Good luck to you....hope you have lots of those silvery beauties. image >>

If I recall , BACK IN October 2006 , you showed a photo of 10 20th anniv 3 pc gold sets you got from the Mint .....DID YOU RIDE THE PRICE DECLINE ALL THE WAY DOWN ??????????????

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file