Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

***The official downturn of the PCGS graded 2008 Reverse of 2007 ASE thanks to John Nanney thread!!!

GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just off the eBay Express.........Listing: 2008 W BURNISHED SILVER EAGLE REVERSE OF 2007 PCGS MS69
PCGS 2008w FIRST STRIKE SILVER ERROR 2007 REVERSE! WOW! BIN: $778.88

Winning Bid/Buyer: 0 image

Could this signal the start of a downward trend????

Modern Cr*p Forum members, please enlighten us.................image

eBay Link

edited to say 'sorta' to ease the blow!!!

Comments

• Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,485 ✭✭✭✭
    Well that's a helluva lot more than the $200 I paid for mine at the onset.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options

<< <i>Well that's a helluva lot more than the $200 I paid for mine at the onset. >>

True True True image
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice try, but I don't think you'll get 3,500 responses.image

R
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    My first strikes only cost me around $75 apiece. I think I can live with whatever I get on my 11-69's and 1- 70.
  • Options
    WalmannWalmann Posts: 2,806
    Buy it now at $460

PCGS MS69 FS
  • Options
    KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭
    maybe we are going to see the price normalize between NGC and PCGS?
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • Options

<< <i>Nice try, but I don't think you'll get 3,500 responses.image

R >>

Maybe I'll get 30 responses...and that's fine.

Modern crap can be so short lived!!!!

Hats off to John Nano Second...image
  • Options
    BurnieBurnie Posts: 436 ✭✭✭
    Current issue of Coin World, dealer offering to buy raw for $600.00...no downturn for some.
    BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • Options
    Come on Bully, burn the thread!
  • Options
    I don't think these are done yet.(just a correction before next rise)
  • Options

<< <i>Buy it now at $460

PCGS MS69 FS >>

not a buy it now, regular auction going off tomorrow night.
  • Options
    rgCoinGuyrgCoinGuy Posts: 7,478
  • Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭
    She wasn't accepting paypal!
  • Options
    Prices are all over the place and to quote one as a trend is not valid. In a two hour period on 6/9 two PCGS 69FS's sold for $650 and $557 AND the $557 had free shipping! That has been the range with that $770 overpriced
  • Options
    I sold all of mine. My advice to those who still hold these is to get out ASAP. Remember last spring when the 2006 reverse proofs were $500+ each and sealed "Judas boxes" were $8000+? Now you can buy sealed sets for less than half that amount. These 08/07 eagles have risen too fast and this is the parabolic blowoff stage.

The exact same thing happened with so many other modern coins. I sold 80 pieces out of the 100 I had of the 2005 Marine Corps dollars at the MSNS fall show in November 2005. I got between $70-85 each for coins I had bought a few months earlier for $32-35 each. Those coins are available for under $30 each now. I wholesaled 9 2005 legacy sets(kept one) for $260 each and only paid $135 each. You can't give those sets away for $100 now. I should have sold my 2006 W burnished unc platinum and fractional gold eagles when they were worth significantly over melt. Now they are just bullion.

Once the next new hot item comes out, collectors will jump off this bandwagon and on to the next. You will see prices drop significantly on these 08/07 eagles.
  • Options

<< <i>I sold all of mine. My advice to those who still hold these is to get out ASAP. Remember last spring when the 2006 reverse proofs were $500+ each and sealed "Judas boxes" were $8000+? Now you can buy sealed sets for less than half that amount. These 08/07 eagles have risen too fast and this is the parabolic blowoff stage.

The exact same thing happened with so many other modern coins. I sold 80 pieces out of the 100 I had of the 2005 Marine Corps dollars at the MSNS fall show in November 2005. I got between $70-85 each for coins I had bought a few months earlier for $32-35 each. Those coins are available for under $30 each now. I wholesaled 9 2005 legacy sets(kept one) for $260 each and only paid $135 each. You can't give those sets away for $100 now. I should have sold my 2006 W burnished unc platinum and fractional gold eagles when they were worth significantly over melt. Now they are just bullion.

Once the next new hot item comes out, collectors will jump off this bandwagon and on to the next. You will see prices drop significantly on these 08/07 eagles. >>

the mint says about 47,000 were made, but how many released? 2005 marine corps, 500.000 made, 2006 reverse proof, 250,000 made. (too many) there is alot of collectors that still don't know about 2008 w/2007 reverse. greener days ahead, even with the summer slow down these will stay strong and stronger come fall.
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    Well on our way, let the journey begin. image
  • Options
    HIGHLOWLEAVESHIGHLOWLEAVES Posts: 783 ✭✭✭
    Don't worry about the 2008/07 ASE prices.....HSN will be on the air TONIGHT !!!!! They will show everyone what the coin is worth !!!!! Tounge and Cheek !!!!
    Specialized Investments
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>I sold all of mine. My advice to those who still hold these is to get out ASAP. Remember last spring when the 2006 reverse proofs were $500+ each and sealed "Judas boxes" were $8000+? Now you can buy sealed sets for less than half that amount. These 08/07 eagles have risen too fast and this is the parabolic blowoff stage.

Once the next new hot item comes out, collectors will jump off this bandwagon and on to the next. You will see prices drop significantly on these 08/07 eagles. >>

Nah, don't be silly....I'd say things are just getting warmed up, there isn't enough seats on this bandwagon and most haven't even gotten on yet....
  • Options
    Modern Cr*p Forum members, please enlighten us.................

Come on now GoldBully, I was a contributing member of your long lasting Bald Eagle Commem Thread! image
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    bumanchubumanchu Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Don't worry about the 2008/07 ASE prices.....HSN will be on the air TONIGHT !!!!! They will show everyone what the coin is worth !!!!! Tounge and Cheek !!!! >>

tounge?
    And I ain't lying this time.
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure about downturn, this one sold for $625 three days ago.

No returns, and still fetched a premium, with a pic like that.

I'm just baffled that one could purchase a coin based on that pic.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options

<< <i>Don't worry about the 2008/07 ASE prices.....HSN will be on the air TONIGHT !!!!! They will show everyone what the coin is worth !!!!! Tounge and Cheek !!!! >>

You mean this one?
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options

<< <i>Modern Cr*p Forum members, please enlighten us.................

Come on now GoldBully, I was a contributing member of your long lasting Bald Eagle Commem Thread! image >>

rgCoinGuy, you cut your "photographic skills" on that thread for sure!!!!

Those were some fantastic photos!!!! image

To you and my friend COINBOY, I apologize in advance if this thread is negative in in its core.

When I posted this thread yesterday, I had just looked over my huge collection of 2006-W ASE's and realized how much they have fallen in price.

My anger turned into a response to another modern bullion issue that could fall in leaps and bounds.

After reading many of the posts here, I may be totally wrong in my premise.

Maybe the fact that I didn't get any of these 2008/7's had some play here. image

Have we determined whether this coin is an error or variety??? Which would be more valuable to a collector??

Anyhow, I hope all forum members that own this coin make lots of money, and know when and if it is time to sell.

Hey rg......Got Photo?? image
  • Options
    Or this one?

The name is LEE!
  • Options

<< <i>Or this one? >>

• Options
    <Or this one? >

It's only a matter of time before they hit $5,000 a pop!

What was it that W.C. Fields said?

• Options

<< <i><Or this one? >

It's only a matter of time before they hit $5,000 a pop!

What was it that W.C. Fields said?

image >>

See Post #12
  • Options

<< <i>

Hey rg......Got Photo?? image >>

OH NO YOU DIDNT

ROFL

imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Hey rg......Got Photo?? image >>

OH NO YOU DIDNT

ROFL

image >>

Lady Liberty with Drapped U.S. Flag add flower bouquet add extreme electrical storm(from Rush's site?) add quality photos = incredible U.S. silver coin image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Nice try, but I don't think you'll get 3,500 responses.image

R >>

Maybe I'll get 30 responses...and that's fine.

Modern crap can be so short lived!!!!

Hats off to John Nano Second...image >>

Shameless 31st post!!! image
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    I love the reverse on the front of the PCGS slab!!!

Is $587 considered a typical price for an MS69FS???

I know I would be jumping for joy making that obscene profit!!! image

eBay Link
  • Options
    halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭
    Remember last spring when the 2006 reverse proofs were $500+ each and sealed "Judas boxes" were $8000+? Now you can buy sealed sets for less than half that amount.

OK 4 grand on a $100 investment in a little over a year . . . Still, not bad!

Regards, John
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...what 'hunter said...

r
  • Options
    I will momentarily take a break during this Presidential season to say: No Obama-nation---cash your check and what you will have left is CHANGE!

• Options

<< <i>I love the reverse on the front of the PCGS slab!!!

eBay Link >>

Tonight's auction: $526

Sell 'em soon!!!!!!
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Current issue of Coin World, dealer offering to buy raw for $600.00...no downturn for some. >>

WHO is offering this? Thanks!
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Current issue of Coin World, dealer offering to buy raw for $600.00...no downturn for some. >>

WHO is offering this? Thanks! >>

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

WHO is offering this? Thanks! >>

image >>

No one at the moment.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have one raw one left. Really looks like it would make an NGC 70, of course you never know. The quandry: have it graded, gamble on the 70 and perhaps make an extra $200 (post ebay and paypal fees) or sell it at a local show tomorrow to a dealer who will pay $500?? They do seem in a downturn and if it's a 69, or even a 70 if prices keep tanking, I may well be better off selling now. What would you do?
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    tychojoetychojoe Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Remember last spring when the 2006 reverse proofs were $500+ each and sealed "Judas boxes" were $8000+? Now you can buy sealed sets for less than half that amount.

OK 4 grand on a $100 investment in a little over a year . . . Still, not bad!

Regards, John >>

A box of 30 silver pieces (10 anniversary sets) would have cost $1000 from the Mint. But yes, 4K on a 1K investment in 18 months -- awesome!
  • Options

<< <i>Sell 'em soon!!!!!! >>

Patients is a virtue image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I love the reverse on the front of the PCGS slab!!!

eBay Link >>

Tonight's auction: $526

Sell 'em soon!!!!!! >>

Your not comparing same exact coin slabs... second auction that went lower was not a 1st strike!
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Sell 'em soon!!!!!! >>

Patients is a virtue image >>

Only if yer an MD..............image
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    lol...that thread is epic..
    -Rome is Burning

• Options
    What's the going price on a PCGS MS69FS??? Looks like it's under $575.

Link1

Link 2

Link 3

How about the PCGS MS70FS?? Under $2900 here............

Link 4

Last chance to sell at these prices!!!!!! image
  • Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Last chance to sell at these prices!!!!!! image >>

No. More like: last chance to buy at these prices!imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Last chance to sell at these prices!!!!!! image >>

No. More like: last chance to buy at these prices!imageimage >>

I hope you are right........I'm still mad at myself for holding all those 2006-W RP's and Uncs and proofs, when I could have sold them for moon money!!!

I just don't want that to happen to forum members.....it appears that many on this forum see these coins continuing to climb.

I just don't see it!!! But who am I....just a Joe Schmoe coin lover!! Good luck to all!!! image
  • Options

<< <i>What's the going price on a PCGS MS69FS??? Looks like it's under $575.

Link1

Link 2

Link 3

How about the PCGS MS70FS?? Under $2900 here............

Link 4

Last chance to sell at these prices!!!!!! image >>

The MS70 was not a 1st strike

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file