Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1984 Donruss Baseball - the unofficial but legal thread

Comments

• Options
    Dizzle, those are very nice cards but it would be tough to recoup the fees unless they were all 10s because those aren't low pop cards.

For those '84 Donruss peeps....PSA Set Guy has listed a ton of PSA 9s and 10s out there for our set. I was able to pick up one of those elusive last cards for my set! image

He's even got the Manny Trillo tough card in PSA 9 for only $4 + shipping! I picked up the Danny Darwin PSA 9 which leaves me with only 6 cards left to complete the Master set and 5 to complete the Basic set! I have nearly all 6 in PSA 9 or better shape raw that I'm going to be submitting soon, so we'll see if I can get this sucker to 100% soon!
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    Piman58Piman58 Posts: 814 ✭✭
    May I have a page turn?
  • Options
    jamesryanbelljamesryanbell Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭
    I don't mean to bust up the thread, but I was curious about something you guys probably know about.

Why is there such a big premium on '84 Donruss cards as opposed to years like '83 and '85 that had such great pulls available (HOF RCs, etc)?

Were '84 Donruss more scarce, or is it simply an eye appeal thing?

I never - ever - see '84 Donruss rack packs or rack boxes anymore, and the wax is becoming more and more scarce.

What gives?
    -- Ryan Bell
  • Options
    '84 Donruss was produced at a more limited print run (I don't know the exact numbers) and I'm assuming it is because they put more into the quality of the product (better quality pictures, etc) and a nice clean simple design.

Plus, back in the mid to late 80s, the hottest cards were the Don Mattingly rookie and the Darryl Strawberry rookies. I mean those were tops in the business at the time.

Anyone know specific print runs on the '84s as opposed to the others?
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    I agree with Arny, supposedly they were not as mass produced as some of the other brands. Also you can tell pretty much by what you can find on ebay for the other 84 products...lot's of fleer, topps but not much donruss........and you have to love the photo's....maybe bug will provide some info...haven't heard from him for awhile..
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    The story I read many years ago was that Donruss produced only what was ordered in 84. In earlier years a lot of the product had been returned. The 84 set was well received-Mattingly, attractive design, better stock of paper. The cards sold well. When the dealers went back for more cards, they learned there were no more.

It is a basic supply and demand issue.
  • Options
    BugOnTheRugBugOnTheRug Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Why is there such a big premium on '84 Donruss cards as opposed to years like '83 and '85 that had such great pulls available (HOF RCs, etc)? >>

Spend enough time with 84D's and you'll soon understand why they are so popular. IMO, there's not a dud in the entire set. To get an idea, look at each card from a factory set, ignoring any faded coloring, and off-centeredness. Look at the individual poses and make a comparison to any other 80's set for quality photography. Nope - sorry - 83 and 85 donruss aren't even close.
    BOTR
  • Options
    jamesryanbelljamesryanbell Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Why is there such a big premium on '84 Donruss cards as opposed to years like '83 and '85 that had such great pulls available (HOF RCs, etc)? >>

Spend enough time with 84D's and you'll soon understand why they are so popular. IMO, there's not a dud in the entire set. To get an idea, look at each card from a factory set, ignoring any faded coloring, and off-centeredness. Look at the individual poses and make a comparison to any other 80's set for quality photography. Nope - sorry - 83 and 85 donruss aren't even close.
    BOTR >>

Yeah, the pictures are really good. Wonder why they went back to their old ways with '85+

-- Ryan Bell
  • Options
    since we are always sharing buying/selling/trading experiences we have with other board members here......like our own informal feedback system.....i thought i would share my recent experience buying some 84 donruss cards from a board member......

after making a deal to buy a small lot of cards....i sent the guy $250 cash for the stack of cards....actually was a pretty good deal i thought........after acknowledging receipt of my payment on JULY 21st.......i received my cards today.....a month and a half later!!......wow...so i open the suspiciously small box....and woohooo!!.....40+ cards stuffed into a tiny box with not a sliver of bubble wrap to be found.....not even an elastic to keep the slabs from slamming into each other!.......of course now i have 4 damaged slabs......i have only been collecting about a year but i have sent and received thousands of cards.....and never received or sent cards without protection.....and never had a damaged slab yet.......seems to me if an experienced collector sends cards to someone loose like this....it cant be lack of knowledge....and a month and a half is time enough to find bubble wrap if you are out of it......so it has to be an intentional slight.....am i wrong?.....is there really an excuse here?......i am a bit ticked off and im sorry for the rant.......but i had to get this off my chest......oh....the guy i bought the cards from?........

ARNY VEE!!.......thanks a lot arny......btw...anybody need few 84 donruss 9's?....i have a few undamaged ones i will sell cheap.....
  • Options
    Artimus, I've already sent you a PM and I thought that we were going to try and resolve this issue without having to do what you did on the thread. Not that I'm trying to hide anything, but I have never had anyone's cards damaged in shipping before and I'd like the opportunity to correct what went wrong.

I don't mind taking the blame for the fact that there was a delay in my shipping. I've apologized for that already and I've offered to replace the four damaged common slabbed cards for you. I believed that the box and packaging was secure enough with the packing peanuts, added additional insurance on the package so that the post office would take additional care for it and would've never shipped it off if I thought that you'd have any damage to the slabs at all. I've received several damaged cards before and have never had any issues in dealing with the sellers in working together to come to a resolution.

Again, I take full blame for the delay in shipping and will try and get the four cards replaced for you. Let me know if you'd like to take care of this (via PM preferably) and I will do my best to work with you.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    Here's my question. Do you rabid 84 Donruss collectors (I see you there, with your Perez-Steele variations) also make it a point to get the puzzle pieces slabbed and graded? I saw a PSA graded Donruss puzzle piece on eBay last month, so I know PSA will do it.

Is the set really complete if you don't have the puzzle?

Also, what's a PSA 10 puzzle piece worth?
    Nolan Ryan & Edgar Martinez are my favorite players...
    mosaic's Nolan Ryan Basic Topps registry set
    mosaic's Big 3 Nolan Ryan Run Showcase
  • Options
    nope - puzzle pieces don't count. We use those for packaging slabs and throwing at the neighborhood cat.

BOTR
  • Options
    No puzzle pieces here either.

I don't think that even the rabid collectors like us would be into slabbing the puzzle pieces. I like them for keeping my daughters busy as I sort the cards so that they don't keep touching them saying..."Who's this guy?".
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    I'm puzzledimage
  • Options
    Just testing out my new banner in my sig! image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    Consider your test a rousing success image

You picked three of the really iconic cards from the set.
  • Options
    Thanks! I like those cards too. There were so many to choose from, but I'm a So Cal guy and Gwynn really was a favorite of mine.

I've got a few cards going into a sub which will bring me to 100% in both the basic & the master sets! image

Unfortunately, I know that it'll take me about 2 months before I get these things back. image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    New to the board.

Hello everyone,

I happened across this site some time ago and have spent some time reading thru all the previous posts. I have always loved the 84 Donruss set and once owned the set before it was stolen from me several years ago. After reading back thru all the posts I have a few questions for the regulars on this board:

1. With so many PSA slab how do you display your cards? Do you keep all these slabs in a box or have you found a creative way to show them off?

2. I am quite certain that if I start a PSA graded set i'll go crazy. Therefore, I was thinking of buying a complete set and keeping it raw/ungraded. Is Ebay the best place to buy a set and should I buy an unopened factory set or one someone has pieced together? Any suggestions? Some of you probably have tons of ungraded extras, are they for sale?

thanks.
  • Options

<< <i>New to the board.

Hello everyone, >>

Welcome aboard!

<< <i>1. With so many PSA slab how do you display your cards? Do you keep all these slabs in a box or have you found a creative way to show them off? >>

I don't really display mine. I keep them in boxes previously sold by MJ Roop (now out of business, but you can still find the type of boxes around the 'net) and go into the boxes whenever I get an upgraded card and take a look at some of the cards. The photography on these things is beautiful and fun to look at. image

<< <i>2. I am quite certain that if I start a PSA graded set i'll go crazy. Therefore, I was thinking of buying a complete set and keeping it raw/ungraded. Is Ebay the best place to buy a set and should I buy an unopened factory set or one someone has pieced together? Any suggestions? Some of you probably have tons of ungraded extras, are they for sale? >>

You can buy a set from eBay and get a decent price ($60-80), but you can guarantee that lots of cards will be off centered and/or have dings on the corners. Best place would be probably from someone here on the boards (I have a few sets, sealed factory sets and loose raw sets) who took the time to include mostly PSA 8 quality type of cards or higher.

Lots of folks buy a full set and then collect the stars cards, rated rookies and diamond kings in PSA slabs. Makes for a nice set too.

<< <i>thanks. >>

You're welcome! image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    Arny: Good luck on your latest submission...hope you reach completion. al.
  • Options
    Thought I'd throw this out there for everyone's consideration...I have the current 4th finest set, almost 94% complete in PSA 9/10. If someone makes me an offer I can't refuse I would consider moving it to a new home........remember this is over 600 cards already graded so please only make serious reasonable offers.........PM if interested. link

al.
  • Options
    Al, would you be willing to move a couple of cards from the set? Or, just waiting for a good offer on the whole thing?

I hate to see you go, but I know that it won't be easy to pry that set from you either! image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    arny,
    new sig line looks great.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    Thanks David! image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    Hi Arny, right now I'd rather move the entire set....however if nothing develops I'll get back to you......al.
  • Options
    Well, I've got about 60 to 70 '84 Donruss cards going into PSA. A few of my final 5 to complete the set and then others to upgrade a couple of 8s to 9s and 9s to 10s. image

We'll see how it turns out about two months from now. image

They can take as long as they like as long as I get 10s on all of 'em. image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    Al, have you gotten any good offers for the set yet?
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    For anyone looking for a very nice PSA 9 of Don Mattingly at a very good price ($45 buy it now vs normally selling for $60-70), check out this auction (not mine) Don Mattingly PSA 9.

I'd buy it myself, but I have an extra one as it is and will be placing it for sale. Good luck!
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    thanks for the heads-up Arny............. image
  • Options
    Oh, oh....is he back? image

Did you buy that one Bill?
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    That 9 puts several psa 10 Mattinglys I've seen to shame................. hummmmmm image
  • Options
    Yes, it was a very nice resubmit candidate.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    Al, I noticed all of these 10s that you're selling! Good luck on those!

Guys, there are some TOUGH 10s he's got available including the Vance Law & Richard Dotson cards! Go out there and get those!

The only reason I'm not bidding on them (yet image ) is because I've got 10 candidates in my sub with PSA already on their way down to them. So, I'm HOPING that I don't regret losing out on these.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    Hi Arny, thanks for the good words. Yes, I've decided to sell my set. I wanted to sell it as a near complete set but wasn't able to get what I wanted for it so will be splitting it up over the next few weeks. It's hard to part with my set but then again I need to shorten the list of sets that I'm trying to complete. Here is a link to the cards I've already listed. 84 Donruss
  • Options
    Al, are those all of your 10s from the set in that lot?
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    Good luck on the sales Al! Send me a note when you get a chance.

• Options
    Hi Arny, those are all the 10's in my set except for the Law and Dotson cards which I've listed individually since they were both 1 of 2's.

• Options
    If anyone interested here is a link to the cards I've listed on ebay. 84 Donruss
  • Options
    Already watching a couple of those Al! image

Also, I noticed a familiar user ID bidding on some of those tougher low pop cards...hmm...
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options

Just an initial feeding of a fewof the 'toughie' fish in the 84D pond. Not to worry, as I won't be pursuing any of these in earnest, but will at least bottom-feed the most famous low-pops. I think this is the first time on ebay that I've seen so many toughies listed together - good luck Al and Arny!
  • Options
    Sounds good to me!

We'd love to have you back in the fold of the '84 Donruss Crew Bill! No matter how large or small the purchases are! image

I'm nearly done with my set....and actually have all of the cards that I need to complete the set on their way to PSA as we type. So, we'll see how that goes. I had a couple of beautiful Vance Laws, Alfredo Griffins & Edwin Nunez cards which should get me at least one 10 out of those. Plus, tons of tough ones like Youngblood (sent in at least 4 of the best 50 that I had bought in the last few months), B.Ramos (sent in a couple of those), T.Martinez (sent in two, if I recall) & M.Wilcox (sent in 1 or 2, can't remember).

In total, I sent in about 50 to 60 '84 Donruss with lots of low pop guys in there. Most of the cards were ones that I'm hoping to pop 10s on to upgrade (and later sell) my 9s. image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    I wish PSA would fix this stupid page-turn issue. Who's in charge of code for these forums???????
  • Options
    Arny - you may want to (and maybe already are) hedge your submission by going after (reasonably, of course) with your needs from Al unless your rock-solid in the quality of your sub. To me it's cheap insurance against a possible disappointing submission. Lately it seems grading overall has been tougher, but since I haven't submitted in a while I don't have any current first hand experience.

If you do ok on the subs you can always resell the hedges at or near the cost.

Bill
  • Options
    Bill, I'm definitely confident in most (aside from the Durham Steele DK which is why I got that one from Al before eBay image ) of the cards that I submitted.

I'm still going to be keeping an eye on a couple of 9s from Al's group...just in case.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options

<< <i>Arny - you may want to (and maybe already are) hedge your submission by going after (reasonably, of course) with your needs from Al unless your rock-solid in the quality of your sub. To me it's cheap insurance against a possible disappointing submission. Lately it seems grading overall has been tougher, but since I haven't submitted in a while I don't have any current first hand experience.

If you do ok on the subs you can always resell the hedges at or near the cost.

Bill >>

I have to agree about the grading seeming tougher lately. The batch I got back about a month ago had 15 '84 Donruss in it and I only got two 10's (Brett & Ryan). Ended up with 11 9's and two 8's, most of which I'll be lucky to get my money back onimage Anyway, I heavily scrutinized those 15 cards and was really expecting at least half to come back as 10's. Even looking at them slabbed, it's still beyond me how a few more of them are not 10's.

Anyway, while I'm in here, I'll mention that I just put up my Brett PSA-10 and have had my Keith Hernandez PSA-9 up for almost 5 days now. Links are below for those who might be interested.

84 D Keith Hernandez PSA-9 (ends in 2 days)
    84 D George Brett PSA-10 (ends in 7 days)
    Jim G
    All-time favorite athletes:
    Steve Sax, Steve Garvey, Larry Bird, Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, Andre Agassi, Karch Kiraly, Wayne Gretzky, Ichiro Suzuki, Andres Galarraga, Greg Maddux.
    "Make the world a better place... punch both A-Rods in the face (Alex Rodriguez and Andy Roddick)!"
  • Options
    I've got that Keith Hernandez in my sights. Beautiful card.

I might drop a bid on that one in the end because it has an outside shot at a 10 and you don't normally see that with that tough card.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    Hopefully Al and Jim get even better results, but those '84s are starting to get some nice bids on them. The Law and Dotson 10s are in the $50 range now and the PSA 9 K.Hernandez that Jim put out there is nearly $20 already! image

Al's lot of PSA 10s is sitting at $600 which would be a very good deal considering there are a few star cards that will make nearly all of your money back (or at least 60-75% of it) by selling them off.

Good luck guys, hope the bids go through the roof!
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    Thanks Arny... $20 was the minimum I was hoping for on that Hernandez 9, so anything else that comes through in the next 7 hours is a bonus to me. If whoever wins it is going to crack and re-sub, I wish you luck. I really toyed with the idea of doing it myself, but I haven't had any luck at all resubbing and I didn;t want to wait another 2 months to find out. Honestly though, this thing looks just as good as the Brett 10 I have listed and the the Mattingly 10 that I am still sitting on.

Now I'm really trying to talk myself out of bidding on that lot of 300 '72 topps that's currently up. Man, is that tempting! Hopefully it will just go way over $1000 so I won't even have to worry about itimage
    Jim G
    Steve Sax, Steve Garvey, Larry Bird, Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, Andre Agassi, Karch Kiraly, Wayne Gretzky, Ichiro Suzuki, Andres Galarraga, Greg Maddux.
    "Make the world a better place... punch both A-Rods in the face (Alex Rodriguez and Andy Roddick)!"
  • Options

<< <i>If whoever wins it is going to crack and re-sub............. >>

• Options
    Wow... my Hernandez went for just over $43! Have to say I didn't expect it to go that high. Probably a good sign that a few people think this has a decent shot at a 10. Anyway, good to see that even a 9 can still bring decent coin in this set. I've got about 1,200 commons to go through that I just got back from storage in Cali. Hoping to find some gems in there. Hopefully the Brett 10 that I have up will also do nicely. Hasn't been one listed for over 4 months so hopefully that's a good signimage
    Jim G