Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Mail Call - What did you get? Today or something you just want to share? Created Jul 2005

Comments

• Options
    Obviously I'll have to see about crossing it over..but happy with the Matty!

• Options
    turn the page
  • Options
    Arthur

I love your Dempsey collection. What is your favorite card to date?

David
  • Options
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭✭
    Packman ... That is a sweet set! Good luck with finishing it off.
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭
    Packman -- Thanks for posting the T68s. They do look great. A couple questions... How many are in the set? Have you had any graded? I'd also be interested to see how the back looks if you care to bother with a scan. Great job with those.
  • Options

<< <i>Arthur

I love your Dempsey collection. What is your favorite card to date?

David >>

Thanks David. That's a tough one. Aesthetically, I love the '28 Churchman that Halosfan just posted and the '22 Champion card. But I think I just found a Dempsey variation that was unknown to exist so that may be my new pride. image

Arthur
  • Options
    WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭
    Arthur,

Do tell. image

John
    Wondo

• Options
    There are 100 cards in the T68 set. I am missing 9 cards from the set. I am planning on keeping the set in raw form. I have all of my non-sports sets in raw form. Maybe one day I will grade one or more of them. Here are some scans of the backs:

• Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

Another Newbie Addition!

Interesting! One could get all 28 team checklists for 50 cents, plus a wrapper from Topps 'back in the day'! image

rd

imageimage
  • Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    Finally received this card to complete my '70s run of Tiant cards! image

* '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Finally received this card to complete my '70s run of Tiant cards! image

image >>

The more I see 77's in nice condition, the more I like them. There's a guy on the SGC boards building a graded set, and I used to love reading his thread. (though I haven't checked in in a very long time.) I really like the colors and the white space in the design. Great card!
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Obviously I'll have to see about crossing it over..but happy with the Matty!

image >>

Awesome looking Matty!

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    ROCKDJRWROCKDJRW Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    Won this last night. I can't wait to get it!!
    Collect Ozzie Guillen Cards
    Unique Chicago Cards
    Wrestling Cards
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    packman,

those are nice. great pick ups.

jay
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    ToneDToneD Posts: 281 ✭✭✭
    This came in today's mail. I still can't figure out how to post a pic even after it has been explained to me a few times. I even consider myself failry computer literate, but I must not be a sharp as I think. Oh well. I hope this works.
  • Options
    I love all the cards on this page. Great finds!

For ToneD:

Arthur
  • Options
    Arthur,

That's not a boxing card! What has gotten into you?

Awesome Big Train!
  • Options

<< <i>Arthur,

Awesome Big Train! >>

I wish. image That's not mine, I was just posting it for ToneD. I agree, it is nice but you know I don't buy cards with athletes who have their shirts on.

Arthur
  • Options

<< <i>Arthur,

Awesome Big Train! >>

It's ToneD's card but Arthur posted the pic for him.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i> I agree, it is nice but you know I don't buy cards with athletes who have their shirts on.

Arthur >>

Now you are starting to sound like Lawnmowerman Matt!!image
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

here are a couple of 62's i will be sending in.
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

• Options
    Giggity giggity ... alright

Arthur
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Picked these up recently. Two icons of late 80s Bay Area sports. Both considered "shoe-ins" for the Hall if they kept it up.

imageimage
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    ToneDToneD Posts: 281 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Arthur! image
  • Options
    Digicat, those two cards bring back very fond memories. They present beautifully for 9's. I've been fishing around for months now thinking about picking up a Canseco RR and that may have just sealed the deal. Although they're nothing now compared to what they used to be I still think it's one of the more important baseball cards post-1980. That Clark is nice too. I'm a big fan of the '87 Fleer Will Clark as I remember pulling a few at my local baseball card shop back when they were $20 (and I couldn't afford to buy one outright).

Thanks for sharing. I'm off to ebay. image

Arthur
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks Arthur! image >>

No problem Tone. PM sent.

Arthur
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭

<< <i>I'm a big fan of the '87 Fleer Will Clark as I remember pulling a few at my local baseball card shop back when they were $20 (and I couldn't afford to buy one outright). >>

Heh, the first "premium" card I ever bought was a 1987 Fleer Will Clark. I got it from the local card shop for about $35 back in 1990. Fastforward to 2002. The first PSA 10 I ever bought was a 1987 Fleer Glossy Will Clark for $35. Heh.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm a big fan of the '87 Fleer Will Clark as I remember pulling a few at my local baseball card shop back when they were $20 (and I couldn't afford to buy one outright). >>

Heh, the first "premium" card I ever bought was a 1987 Fleer Will Clark. I got it from the local card shop for about $35 back in 1990. Fastforward to 2002. The first PSA 10 I ever bought was a 1987 Fleer Glossy Will Clark for $35. Heh. >>

I still remember the runs in the '87 Fleer wax. If you opened a pack, flipped it over and the top card was Will Clark then later on in the pack would be Barry Bonds. I remember because it happened a few times and I was psyched to get another card in the that booked for over $1. (Clark was around $20 and Bonds was at $1.50).

OT: Anyone remember that price guide that used to battle Beckett back in the day? It was newspaper quality with no articles or pictures and I'm not even sure it was in color. Instead of up and down arrows they used + and -. Anyone remember the name? I remember heated debates in card stores over who's prices were more accurate (the vote always going to whoever had the highest prices for cards that person owned).

Arthur
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    arthur,

i do remeber that guide. the store that i use to frequent and finally worked at in the early 90's used that guide. we always had to defend why we didnt have becketts for sale or used them ourselves. i think we used them more for the pricing of the older cards not the newer ones. as the beckett prices on the newer cards changed so much. for the life of me i cant rember the name though.

jay
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    It was three letters, right? Like BCS or BCC or something like that. This is going to naw on me for days. image

Arthur
  • Options

Newbie! image (1977 Topps PSA 10 for $15! Pop 1/2. Thank u 4SC-2, or was it 4SC-Store, or maybe is was? Never mind! image )

rd

• Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice. Bear colors always come across well in Bowman cards. George was quite a handsome fellow.
  • Options
    Ladder7Ladder7 Posts: 1,221
    Very nice '52. Love the old style mascots.
  • Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭✭
    xanadu, I also remember that price guide! Thanks for the memories. image We used it to price old inventory but, for the life of me, I can't remember the name either! Surely someone's got one laying around...
  • Options
    AUPTAUPT Posts: 806 ✭✭✭
    You're probably thinking of Card Prices Update by Mark Lewis out of New York.
  • Options

<< <i>You're probably thinking of Card Prices Update by Mark Lewis out of New York. >>

Bingo. That's it. CPU. Thank you.

Arthur
  • Options
    SoutherncardsSoutherncards Posts: 1,384 ✭✭
    there was also the "graded card price guide"
  • Options
    DaddyRichDaddyRich Posts: 241 ✭✭
    I remember picking those up at the card store when I was much younger...and the newsprint would always come off on your fingers. Ahhhh...the memories.
    Just glad to be here with everyone.
  • Options

Newbies! image

rd

Really has nothing to do with anything here, but it was in a Sports Illustrated! image
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Digicat, those two cards bring back very fond memories. They present beautifully for 9's. I've been fishing around for months now thinking about picking up a Canseco RR and that may have just sealed the deal. Although they're nothing now compared to what they used to be I still think it's one of the more important baseball cards post-1980. That Clark is nice too. I'm a big fan of the '87 Fleer Will Clark as I remember pulling a few at my local baseball card shop back when they were $20 (and I couldn't afford to buy one outright).

Thanks for sharing. I'm off to ebay. image

Arthur >>

word to that.. i dig being able to buy all the cool stuff from when i first started collecting.. on the cheap too..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    TrevTrev Posts: 333 ✭✭✭
    Go this in the mail today!!

eBay - trevordoveyauctions
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet Fisk & Sweet Ryno!
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    Took two months to arrive from Engand (shipped 02/16/07), but a nice card:

Wondo

• Options
    A few new ones ariived today. Getting closer to completing both of these sets now image

• Options
    Matt,

Awesome!!!
    Wondo

• Options
    Ladder7Ladder7 Posts: 1,221
    boy, those Brits really knew how to care for stuff.
  • Options
    ripkenintheminorsripkenintheminors Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭
    Been wanting a copy of this card for some time but wanted an authenticated copy that was affordable. I got this one in a BGS 8 for $20 BIN. I got it to break from the case and send to get signed. Not sure what I'll request as the inscription though.