Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Mail Call - What did you get? Today or something you just want to share? Created Jul 2005

Comments

• Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

That IS a very nice Cobb! Congrats on that, Ladder7.

And, asphaltman76, thanks for posting the scan of the T100. I'd never seen one of those before.
  • Options
    page turn
  • Options
    page turn, geez
  • Options
    OK, last try

Edited to add: I know this may be blasphemous, but I wonder if maybe a new mail call thread should be started so we don't have to deal with the page-turning problems every time. Just a thought, Mike. image
  • Options
    Mike,
    Thanks....the T100 is venturing off my normal T206's...but it is such a rare issue I couldn't pass it up. There is only one graded that I know of, and it was graded by SGC.

Regards,
    Dave
  • Options
    WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭
    Arthur,

Tough, tough card - was bidding hot and heavy or did you sneak one through? image
    Wondo

• Options
    Mailman was good to me: T9's from the Zakmaster and the Clay card was a gift from Gregmo - thanks!

After renting the T9s for a bit, they will have to go on the block, but I can enjoy them for now! image
    Wondo

• Options
    Ladder7Ladder7 Posts: 1,221
    Great looking T9s. Congrats
  • Options

<< <i>Arthur,

Tough, tough card - was bidding hot and heavy or did you sneak one through? image >>

Snuck it through. Holding my breath all week. image

John, those T9's are awesome. I've always liked the T218 of Jeffries but that card just puts the T218 to shame. Maybe they'll find their way back to you at some point in the future.

Arthur
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Are those Hanes or Joe Boxers on that one guy??image
  • Options

<< <i>Are those Hanes or Joe Boxers on that one guy??image >>

Some kinda kmart tightie-whities, i think. My kids think that card is hilarious!! image
    Wondo

• Options
    1890 Joseph Hall Cabinet of Brooklyn Team at sping training in St. Augustine. Graded GAI 3 - vg (They were the only folks with a big enough holder)

Wondo

• Options
    1961 4x5 negative of Carl Yastrzemski--will make life-sized prints with clarity!

1960-1961 Playoff shot @ Detroit of Bobby Hull
    medium format will enlarge to 60x60 inches and hold together nicely!

Same as the Yaz.

medium format with HUGE color!
  • Options
    Wondo, That is a treasure from a great old town. Fort Matanzas is a nice visit. Across the street is a terrific bar "The Mill". Congrats on that p/u.

• Options
    ...and a personal favorite that showed up this week...

• Options
    Holy cow, Phil that Yaz, Hull, and Mantle images are fantastic. They look crystal clear. Very nice.

I just picked this up last night:
    kev

keeping my ears open for oddball cards of Rose from the 60's and 70's.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    A late xmas gift from my Father. He got three of these personally signed last fall and had them framed. He gave my Brother and I each one, and kept one for himself. SWEET!! This is inspiring me to build a Brooks Robinson PSA Set.

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    And with this card, my raw '54 Bowman set is complete image

I don't have the Williams but it's not considered a part of the basic set. If I come across one at a reasonable price, I'll pick it up.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Congratulations Stown. That's a beautiful set.

Arthur
  • Options
    GonblottGonblott Posts: 1,951 ✭✭
  • Options
    Look what came in the mail today!

• Options
    I just added 60+ cards to my Ripken Set Registries, and now I'm ranked 2nd in the Basic Set with 70.3% complete (out of 330 cards), and I'm ranked 4th in the Master Set with 10.54% complete (out of 2210 cards). SWEET!!

I won't be in second for long, because the person in 3rd (Basic Set) has one of the most impressive sets I've ever seen. He has 62.12% of the set complete, and they're ALL TENS!! Mine only has a weighted GPA of 9.21. He is only .02 below me in the Set Rating category, so I wanted to feel proud while I still can.
  • Options
    Barry, kudos on completing that tough '54! (My favorite Teddy)

Arthur, great rare Fro-Joy
  • Options
    BigDaddyBowmanBigDaddyBowman Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭
    Mother Nature delivered snow and the mailman delivered this.

• Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    Great centering on that Trippi.
  • Options
    ripkenintheminorsripkenintheminors Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I just added 60+ cards to my Ripken Set Registries, and now I'm ranked 2nd in the Basic Set with 70.3% complete (out of 330 cards), and I'm ranked 4th in the Master Set with 10.54% complete (out of 2210 cards). SWEET!!

I won't be in second for long, because the person in 3rd (Basic Set) has one of the most impressive sets I've ever seen. He has 62.12% of the set complete, and they're ALL TENS!! Mine only has a weighted GPA of 9.21. He is only .02 below me in the Set Rating category, so I wanted to feel proud while I still can. >>

I noticed a lot of Ripken graded cards being sold by a person that claimed to be #1 in the basic Ripken set registry. I don't know it they were or not, but your set may be moving up if the top set did in fact get broken up.
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭✭
    One more for the set. image

Slowly making progress on the set.
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    mcholkemcholke Posts: 1,000 ✭✭
    I picked up a lot of 3x5 photos taken by someone attending the Reds team picture day in what I think was 1987. I picked these up for the Perez but also got Concepcion, Larkin, Eric Davis and Pete Rose. Look at the top photo and tell me if Pete is sneaking a peak at Marge.

Collecting Tony Perez PSA and Rookie Baseball PSA

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won this card last night for my Perry set. This will put me at 70% completion.image
  • Options

THE LINES OR DOTS THAT APPEAR NEAR OR IN THE CARD ARE FROM THE SCANNER, THE CARD IS FLAWLESS.
  • Options
    She was probably the only one that had facial hair!!image
  • Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭
    "...so Steve Garvey says 'you'can't, she's carrying my kid.' And Pete Rose says 'wanna bet?'"

• Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭✭
    Boxing cards are showing up in this thread everywhere now! Great cards all
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    Just bought this:

• Options

I just picked up this baby from the post office. =P

Won it on eBay last week.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭

Not quite a sports card but interesting nontheless. 50 cents for this 123 year old newspaper.

Note the Village.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Steve, Is the Sudoku puzzle completed?.. Very nice piece

Great looking Koosman up there too
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    A couple modest additions to my Gaylord Perry basic set... and a special thanks to Downtown1974, who graciously sent me the 81 Fleer Perry for free, as a thank you for selling him some cards. image

imageimage

Oh, this was in my mail box today as well... image

My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    mcholkemcholke Posts: 1,000 ✭✭
    That is a great looking McCovey

Collecting Tony Perez PSA and Rookie Baseball PSA

• Options
    The Reds pics are awesome, but the McCovey made it "move". For the record, that '75 Perry is awesome! I'll buy NM/MT 8's all day long looking like that thing!
    Here's what was in my mailbox today...medium format, of course!
    1970 Night Aerial of Fenway Park, Boston
  • Options
    Rbd,
    Looking back over the last couple of days, those Brock/ Lyle RB PSA 10's have to be the worst PSA 10's I have ever seen--and I've seen some oooooooogly ones.
    Are you going to put those in your set or pass the buck? I'd have PSA buy those back...brutal! Ones a miscut and the other looks like OPC edges and you sure know a thing or two about those! Are those cards mismarked? Perhaps they are OPC? If not, you got HOSED!
    dgf
  • Options
    Oh, good Lord...that Stretch is breathtaking image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I just added 60+ cards to my Ripken Set Registries, and now I'm ranked 2nd in the Basic Set with 70.3% complete (out of 330 cards), and I'm ranked 4th in the Master Set with 10.54% complete (out of 2210 cards). SWEET!!

I won't be in second for long, because the person in 3rd (Basic Set) has one of the most impressive sets I've ever seen. He has 62.12% of the set complete, and they're ALL TENS!! Mine only has a weighted GPA of 9.21. He is only .02 below me in the Set Rating category, so I wanted to feel proud while I still can. >>

I noticed a lot of Ripken graded cards being sold by a person that claimed to be #1 in the basic Ripken set registry. I don't know it they were or not, but your set may be moving up if the top set did in fact get broken up. >>

Yes, the (former) #1 guy just sold his collection, that's where I got my latest 60+ lot from. The #3 guy with all 10s is NOW selling most of HIS collection on ebay, so now it'll be competing against the guy who runs calripkenjr.net! Craziness...
  • Options
    Come on! Waiting for someone to post some scans of a card they just got in the mail today. Anyone?
  • Options
    DaddyRichDaddyRich Posts: 241 ✭✭
    Just got a few of these sets in today. Never knew they even existed until last week - I have been a hockey fan for about 15 years but not a collector. So, baseball takes a back seat to cheap vintage hockey (at least for a week or so). Just love the cards and pictures in this set - 1977 Topps Glossy.

Marcel Dionne
    Guy LeFleur
    Ken Dryden (Looking Fierce)
    Bobby Clarke
    Just glad to be here with everyone.
  • Options
    Goodsport40Goodsport40 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭
    Found this at a local antique store here in Nashville:

The back states the player is Joe Buell, sophmore at George Washington University. The stamp is from Blakeslee-Lane of Washington and Baltimore. I know nothing about this player. I just saw the photo and thought it was cool. Looks like it is from the 1940's. Any info would be appreciated.

Robert
  • Options

<< <i>Just got a few of these sets in today. Never knew they even existed until last week - I have been a hockey fan for about 15 years but not a collector. So, baseball takes a back seat to cheap vintage hockey (at least for a week or so). Just love the cards and pictures in this set - 1977 Topps Glossy. >>

They're nice, almost like Mother's Cookies cards. Love that Dryden. I remember pulling them from packs at the time. Still have the Dionne and a Gilbert Perrault, somewhere.
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

<< <i>Rbd,
    Looking back over the last couple of days, those Brock/ Lyle RB PSA 10's have to be the worst PSA 10's I have ever seen--and I've seen some oooooooogly ones.
    Are you going to put those in your set or pass the buck? I'd have PSA buy those back...brutal! Ones a miscut and the other looks like OPC edges and you sure know a thing or two about those! Are those cards mismarked? Perhaps they are OPC? If not, you got HOSED!
    dgf >>

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll pull them and look again! U are most likely correct, as these are lo pops in PSA 10, and hopefully not as bad as u say.

I have been dissapointed as of late with some of the PSA 10's.

dgf, both the Brock and the Lyle (different sellers!) are "fresh purchases". I'll examine them both again! image

rd

edit: dgf,

Here are all the 1978 "Record Breaker" cards (...plus a dup Brock PSA 9 that I have):