Comments

• CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice @Kurisu is that a No FG?

• KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinscratch said:
    Very nice @Kurisu is that a No FG?

I believe that might be 2 no FG :smile:

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• CRHer700CRHer700 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kurisu said:
    Happy Father's Day!
    That box I posted above with the 40% silver ender showing...I didn't want to jinx it by assuming it would be a great box...
    It WAS a GREAT box :smiley:
    Best box I've seen in a while!!
    And maybe even more importantly, a super duper fun box!

I hadn't even planned on leaving with a box. I had stopped by my credit union where I usually only get $100 in rolls since they still have a limit unless I order boxes. My boxes are mostly from Chase banks. The assistant branch manager at the credit union noticed me there and told me they ended up with an extra box if I wanted it.
    The box clearly came with some good vibes :blush:

What kind of a coin is that 2001-S? It doesn't have the cameo look like a proof would.

God bless all who believe in him. Do unto others what you expect to be done to you. Dubbed a "Committee Secret Agent" by @mr1931S on 7/23/24. Founding member of CU Anti-Troll League since 9/24/24.

edited June 17, 2024 6:52AM

@CRHer700 said:

@Kurisu said:

>

>

What kind of a coin is that 2001-S? It doesn't have the cameo look like a proof would.

It's a clad proof.
    Agreed, it's not DCAM. It's barely any CAM, more like just slightly frosty on the devices.
    ...NGC would probably give it a ★.
    It's got some really nice eye appeal.
    Rally pretty with the frosty blue toning too.

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• JWPJWP Posts: 21,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 16, 2024 4:50PM

I finished the 2 nickel boxes late last night. nothing to show, just 2 boxes of nickels. Oh well, at least I found one album hole fillers. :)

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:

@Kurisu said:
    Happy Father's Day!
    That box I posted above with the 40% silver ender showing...I didn't want to jinx it by assuming it would be a great box...

I hadn't even planned on leaving with a box. I had stopped by my credit union where I usually only get $100 in rolls since they still have a limit unless I order boxes. My boxes are mostly from Chase banks. The assistant branch manager at the credit union noticed me there and told me they ended up with an extra box if I wanted it.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

deleted

@Fraz said:
    Someone made me wait in a car too long. I complied maliciously—went through the cup holder.

What do they drive, a 1978 Pontiac Lemans :D

• Clackamas1Clackamas1 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kurisu said:
    Happy Father's Day!

These appear to have mint set haze on them. Clean them with MS70, acetones and water. Acetone twice if only using acetone. There very well may be some high grade coins. I have personally gone through 2500 1968 mint sets and this is what most of them look like.

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Clackamas1 said:

@Kurisu said:
    Happy Father's Day!

These appear to have mint set haze on them. Clean them with MS70, acetones and water. Acetone twice if only using acetone. There very well may be some high grade coins. I have personally gone through 2500 1968 mint sets and this is what most of them look like.

Yes! Once dipped, you'll see an astounding difference!
    🖤❤

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
    edited June 18, 2024 5:20PM

@joeykoins said:

@Clackamas1 said:

@Kurisu said:
    Happy Father's Day!

Yes! Once dipped, you'll see an astounding difference!
    🖤❤

Well...they're all in the continuously growing box of silver. So if I ever decide to make them all prettier before cashing them in every few years :wink:

Coins are Neato!

@Barbercoin Nice find, I’m jealous as I have yet to find one of those.

• BarbercoinBarbercoin Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

It’s so nice talking to someone who isn’t disparaging me picking coins from rolls. Mine have always been bank rolls, but once in a while I find a coin that is “nearly” flawless. It’s fun for me albeit extremely tedious.

I never thought of getting rolls from armored car company. I’m gonna try that next.

WTB: Barber Quarters XF

• FrazFraz Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 19, 2024 11:24AM

From the till at the vape store. Sal gave them to me trusting fair recompense. I’d like advice on any of these. I have a general idea from CoinFacts. I do not belong in this ambience. I know little about silver coinage. He said it’s a years worth; he accepts them at face. He took a copy of a double eagle.
    Love to hear from ye.

The walkers look polished.

@Fraz. WOW. Nice find. Just wonder how the person came about these coins. The Walkers and the Peace and Morgan look nice. The Five Dollar coin is nor a coin that I recognize. The others are nice. Just under 3 OZ silver, and Someone here can give you a better grade than me.Nice.

I only see silver Kingfish.

edited June 19, 2024 11:50AM

@Coinscratch said:

huh?

edited June 19, 2024 11:48AM

@JWP said:
    @Fraz. WOW. Nice find. Just wonder how the person came about these coins. The Walkers and the Peace and Morgan look nice. The Five Dollar coin is nor a coin that I recognize. The others are nice. Just under 3 OZ silver, and Someone here can give you a better grade than me.Nice.

Customers traded these to service vices. Probably stolen.

Would it be okay in this forum for me to repost these pics in individual threads?

@Fraz said:

@Coinscratch said:

huh?

Just a joke but I only see silver there because I'm not familiar with Walkers...yet :)

edited June 19, 2024 1:15PM

@Fraz you could post the coins on Q & A forum and ask your questions on the grade of the coins. You will be getting so.e excellent replies there too. Nice coins. 🙂

@JWP said:
    @Fraz you could post the coins on Q & A forum and ask your questions on the grade of the coins. You will be getting so.e excellent relief there too. Nice coins. 🙂

Thanks, now I understand.

• MtW124MtW124 Posts: 401 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 19, 2024 4:16PM

@Coinscratch said:
    Okay boys and girls here are the winners from my most recent order. Enjoy :)
    All came from mint sets.

I just looked up your 82’D 1/2 and it came up VG10. I think they need to fix that.

@MtW124 You would be correct n fact check out my other thread titled Kennedy GTG. The paperwork and cert say VG10 though the label is MS67. Good aye.

I missed a few other winners from that sub.

@Coinscratch yeah I just wanted to know the value of your 67 so I thought I would look it up and it came up different. I was just letting you know that something went wrong when they entered the information. I like your coins. Great eye to pick those to be graded.

Good work,

Thanks guys, my next sub is already in the cue (a few weeks out) and I’m really excited about this one. I’m grading it 67+ conservatively but regardless of the number it is one of the best I’ve ever seen and will absolutely compliment the set in progress.

Well, I follow the thread and roll search but stopped the middle of last year. Back at it now and ordered 4 boxes of nickels, one box of Half’s and a box of quarters. They had a spare quarter box and $40 in nickels that I was able to get immediately so I’m off to hunting again. Love all the finds you all have been posting!

Watch for the 2024 rolls.
    Both in Nickels & Quarters.
    Highly sought after are the Nickels.
    Esp in rolls. Check Ebay prices!
    GL

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

@joeykoins said:
    GL

Thanks for that information. I appreciate it.

@joeykoins said:
    GL

What gives?

Hey joey @joeykoins I have 32 rolls of 2024D JFKs on BST. Just $13 a roll. Check it out

• Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:
    GL

I have a full box of 2024 quarters, what is the value? I was going to return/swap...

edited June 24, 2024 1:08PM

@Coinscratch said:

@joeykoins said:
    GL

What gives?

Here is a link to my thread about 2024 coins. Check the newest post.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1101352/new-2024-coins#latest

God bless all who believe in him. Do unto others what you expect to be done to you. Dubbed a "Committee Secret Agent" by @mr1931S on 7/23/24. Founding member of CU Anti-Troll League since 9/24/24.

@Joe_360 said:

@joeykoins said:
    GL

I have a full box of 2024 quarters, what is the value? I was going to return/swap...

I don't think that the quarters and cents are worth much more than face. It is the dimes and especially the nickels that have high value currently.

My bank came through today. I picked up my boxes. I’m hopeful to find something. No luck on getting a box of 2024D’s nickels though. There’s always next weeks order.

Found this 1982D quarter in my box from the other day that I’m still going through. I have seen Lincoln cents where the L in Liberty has something similar that is listed as a DDO. There is not a listing on this that I have found as of yet. I’m really not sure if it’s a DDO or a Die Chip. Has anyone ever come across this?

• Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MtW124 said:
    My bank came through today. I picked up my boxes. I’m hopeful to find something. No luck on getting a box of 2024D’s nickels though. There’s always next weeks order.

What is so special? Value? 2024D’s nickel...

edited June 27, 2024 4:43PM

@Joe_360 said:

@MtW124 said:

Go up five posts and click on the link.

@Joe_360 said:

@MtW124 said:

Not many let out to the public!
    Hardly found, than previous years!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file