Home U.S. Coin Forum

Nominations-Unofficial King of CU

CRHer700CRHer700 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2, 2024 9:28AM in U.S. Coin Forum

I thought that it would be fun to see who the members would elect as King. Everyone can nominate one person only, and can nominate themselves. Please no rude comments or disorderly conduct. :) I will hold a vote in a week or so with options to vote on whoever was nominated. And yes, I realize that PCGS owns CU, so I'm hoping that since it is unofficial it will be all in the name of fun. No nicknames of members who are not currently posting please.

Post a coin with a king or a president on it if you want.

Currently I have @DeplorableDan @TomB @MFeld @CaptHenway @jmlanzaf @emeraldATV @MrEureka
@291fifth @coinkat @nooraden1 @Zoins @Floridafacelifter @BillJones @lordmarcovan @burfle23 @coinsarefun @OAKSTAR @wondercoin

God bless all who believe in him. Do unto others what you expect to be done to you. Dubbed a "Committee Secret Agent" by @mr1931S on 7/23/24. Founding member of CU Anti-Troll League since 9/24/24.

Comments

• BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,487 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,957 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Barndog said:
    David Hall

Does he even participate here anymore?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• CRHer700CRHer700 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 27, 2024 7:49AM

@Barndog said:
    David Hall

What is his username?

God bless all who believe in him. Do unto others what you expect to be done to you. Dubbed a "Committee Secret Agent" by @mr1931S on 7/23/24. Founding member of CU Anti-Troll League since 9/24/24.

• MFeldMFeld Posts: 13,146 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 27, 2024 7:56AM

@CRHer700 said:

@Barndog said:
    David Hall

What is his username?

“homerunhall”

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• MFeldMFeld Posts: 13,146 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

@Barndog said:
    David Hall

Does he even participate here anymore?

No.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

That would be the moderator.

• ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,781 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:
    I nominate MFeld and CaptHenway who are both quite knowledgeable and are willing to share what they know with the rest of us.

Seconded

• Jacques_LoungecoqueJacques_Loungecoque Posts: 696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 28, 2024 10:32AM

@TomB all the way.
    He’s been teaching me and not knowing it for decades both here and ATS.

Having fun while switching things up and focusing on a next level PCGS slabbed 1950+ type set, while still looking for great examples for the 7070.

@jmlanzaf said:
    You don't elect Kings. They seize power.

The obvious King of the forum is the troll of the week who manages to seize control every week.

@jmlanzaf said:

The obvious King of the forum is the troll of the week who manages to seize control every week.

This king is not official, therefore he is electable.

• JBKJBK Posts: 15,331 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like a popularity contest. :/;)

• oldabeintxoldabeintx Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭✭✭

DD

Can we have names starting with @ please? I’m sorry, but I am not that in tune with nicknames and such, so I would have to guess who you are referring to.

• UpGrayeddUpGrayedd Posts: 572 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jacques_Loungecoque said:

@jmlanzaf said:

That being the case, I am asking for volunteers for the Forum Liberation Front who will seek to overthrow the King as soon as she is seated.

And I will in turn rally the Loyalists to form a Praetorian Guard, and defend his majesty. Be forwarded, we have slingshots and a five gallon bucket of parking lot finds!

Do we have to bend the knee and pledge our fealty to one side or the other? :p

Philippians 4:4-7

• Married2CoinsMarried2Coins Posts: 371 ✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:
    I nominate MFeld and CaptHenway who are both quite knowledgeable and are willing to share what they know with the rest of us.

You broke the rules. Which ONE?

edited May 27, 2024 9:50AM

@TrickleCharge said:
    I'm assuming it's ok to nominate multiple persons so I'll nominate Insider2, Insider3 and Insider4

Also, no members who are no longer with us or have already seen the hangman’s noose. I want this thread to stay up.

No offense to anyone.

• FrazFraz Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

I second Emie.

• Married2CoinsMarried2Coins Posts: 371 ✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

I nominate YOU because you have something to say in virtually every thread I open. ;) Plus, you are one of the all time posters aside from the member who keeps me laughing posting humor.

@Fraz said:
    I second Emie.

Who is that?

@Married2Coins said:

@PerryHall said:

You broke the rules. Which ONE?

I realize that, and I’ll let it go because someone seconded it.

@emeraldATV

@CRHer700 said:

@Fraz said:
    I second Emie.

Who is that?

@Fraz said:
    @emeraldATV

@CRHer700 said:

@Fraz said:
    I second Emie.

Who is that?

:#
    Our forum is in for a rough future.

• oldabeintxoldabeintx Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭✭✭

DD= DeplorableDan

@oldabeintx said:
    DD= DeplorableDan

Got it. That’s what I thought you meant, but I wasn’t sure.

• UpGrayeddUpGrayedd Posts: 572 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UpGrayedd said:

@jmlanzaf said:

That being the case, I am asking for volunteers for the Forum Liberation Front who will seek to overthrow the King as soon as she is seated.

And I will in turn rally the Loyalists to form a Praetorian Guard, and defend his majesty. Be forwarded, we have slingshots and a five gallon bucket of parking lot finds!

Do we have to bend the knee and pledge our fealty to one side or the other? :p

I think most of us are too old to bend a knee. We might not be able to get back up without help. 😜

LOL, good point.

Philippians 4:4-7

@JBK said:
    Once we choose the king will there be a thread to pick the court jester? :*

Sure, you’ll have to explain that one though.

@JBK said:
    Once we choose the king will there be a thread to pick the court jester? :*

The king would pick his posse.

• mattnissmattniss Posts: 676 ✭✭✭✭

Gotta tip the royal cap to @MrEureka -- a worthy king!

• ConshyboyConshyboy Posts: 451 ✭✭✭✭
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mark Feld would be my vote.

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 27, 2024 11:42AM

BongoBongo er BONGOBONGO

You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
    edited May 27, 2024 11:46AM

That settles it. If Henway is already Captain he picks the king.

• P0CKETCHANGEP0CKETCHANGE Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

nooraden1

Nothing is as expensive as free money.

• MaywoodMaywood Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭✭✭

Though posted in fun this is a bad idea all the way around.

• SurfinxHISurfinxHI Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sportsmoderator1

Dead people tell interesting tales.
  • ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,781 ✭✭✭✭✭

I also second TomB and jmlanzaf

• coinkatcoinkat Posts: 23,023 ✭✭✭✭✭

Really?

Not funny and does not even register on the fails to pass the straight face test meter. And frankly not worthy of a response. I will refrain from commenting further. Can this entire thread just be removed?

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,392 ✭✭✭✭✭

I nominate @PerryHall for his generally level headed and non controversial posts!

Frankly I don’t really want to nominate anyone. Many members contribute a lot to the forum, and I appreciate many of them.

Successful BST transactions with 171 members. Ebeneezer, Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭✭✭

I nominate @291fifth because if I didn't he would never even open this thread.
    SHEILDS!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file