Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The Hockey Card Thread...show your recent pick-ups.

1171819202123»

Comments

• Options
    FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭

Alfie is one of the classiest guys to ever play. Glad to have found this one.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,289 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just bought this one. I can't find a Kaprizov set in the registry, and they're not accepting new requests?

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jackstraw said:

Love those box bottoms, especially the Bourque!

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, Dwight Evans, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

@shagrotn77 said:
    Not exactly a recent pickup as I've had this for a few years, but I just got it graded. I tried PSA first, but they declined. Most collectors view Stastny's '79 Panini sticker issue as his true rookie, but to the best of my knowledge, this is his first card/postcard. I've only seen one other over the years. Interestingly enough, the image for this postcard was used for his '79 Panini sticker.

Stastny is included on multiple versions of different nations' Sportscaster cards that were printed in 1976-1977 but those are team cards. I definitely prefer this one of him by himself.

• Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭

@miwlvrn said:

@shagrotn77 said:
    Not exactly a recent pickup as I've had this for a few years, but I just got it graded. I tried PSA first, but they declined. Most collectors view Stastny's '79 Panini sticker issue as his true rookie, but to the best of my knowledge, this is his first card/postcard. I've only seen one other over the years. Interestingly enough, the image for this postcard was used for his '79 Panini sticker.

Stastny is included on multiple versions of different nations' Sportscaster cards that were printed in 1976-1977 but those are team cards. I definitely prefer this one of him by himself.

Ditto. I'm not big on team issues.

"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options

@Frozencaribou said:
    Finally picked a nice Turgeon up. Tough to find in a 10 and very underrated player.

Nice Pickup @Frozencaribou! Not many 10s floating around.

• Options
    4Boston4Boston Posts: 318 ✭✭✭

On its way to Newport Beach.
    Currently Pop 4 with the highest being a PSA 1.5

• Options

Just won this a few minutes ago! Pop 2.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

@JoeBanzai said:

l

The kid has been bringing it.
    The difference between playing healthy and playing hurt.

• Options

@4Boston said:

@JoeBanzai said:

l

He's playing as good as anyone not named MacKinnon.
    Without him Minnesota might be the worst team in the league.
    Thankfully we have Faber and Rossi as two of the better rookies, Wallstedt got his first win and shutout yesterday in the net.

• Options
    edited April 8, 2024 6:07AM

@JoeBanzai said:

@4Boston said:

@JoeBanzai said:

l

He's playing as good as anyone not named MacKinnon.
    Without him Minnesota might be the worst team in the league.
    Thankfully we have Faber and Rossi as two of the better rookies, Wallstedt got his first win and shutout yesterday in the net.

Even the Penguins were horrible 85-87 until Mario got reinforcements and Jágr in 89-90. The Wild goaltending is well below average. Edmonton too.

This kid on the right was a gem.

• Options
    FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope that Letang finds his way to the hall of fame one day. Fun player to watch and dynamic at his best.

• Options
    80sOPC80sOPC Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice card. Letang will be close, fantastic player but definitely on the bubble, not sure being 5th or 6th best of his generation of dmen will be enough but who knows, HHOF has let some real sliders in, players lesser then Letang.