Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Update… Coin returned!

123457»

Comments

• Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thought experiment - you have a long-term, friendly relationship with a collector. A new certification company comes on the scene, pushing out samples like ice water at a road race. Don't you share one with your long-term collector, sometimes customer? What do you think samples were meant for???

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

@braddick said:
    Hunt. . . Hunt... H U N T

:#:#

Anyone remember the Hunt brothers?

:/

Yes, and silver has not even sniffed $50 an ounce since then (probably $150 in today's dollars). Even the Nikkei finally came back, after 35 years.

• Options
    U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Connecticoin said:

@braddick said:
    Hunt. . . Hunt... H U N T

:#:#

Anyone remember the Hunt brothers?

:/

Yes, and silver has not even sniffed $50 an ounce since then (probably $150 in today's dollars). Even the Nikkei finally came back, after 35 years.

April 28, 2011....it got close-above 49/oz (during the day before closing at a bit below 49)

• Options
    GoldFinger1969GoldFinger1969 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭✭

@WAYNEAS said:
    The time has come to say goodnight.
    Wayne

Who are you, Carol Burnett ? :D

• Options
    GoldFinger1969GoldFinger1969 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 18, 2024 6:47PM

@tcollects said:
    gents, thanks to everyone for the superb coin forum drama, the arc of this story is delicious

Wait for the movie version, we're gonna get Brad Pitt to play AlanSki !! :D

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GoldFinger1969 said:

@WAYNEAS said:
    The time has come to say goodnight.
    Wayne

Who are you, Carol Burnett ? :D

say good night, gracie

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    giantsfan20giantsfan20 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 27, 2024 11:52PM

Good you got the coin back hope you got some extra form of compensation for this questionable business action. So guessing your father was never told that they would be placed in auction.

• Options

@Manifest_Destiny said:

@AlanSki said:
    Coin has been returned. I’ve been threatened with a lawsuit again if I don’t apologize to the owner of Alhambra Coin although I never accused the owner of anything and even stated the owner was probably unaware of anything going on.

This thread can be closed.

The fact that a dealer would threaten a lawsuit over something like this tells me all I need to know about the dealer.

Indeed. Has the demand backfired? Seems like it.

Having fun while switching things up and focusing on a next level PCGS slabbed 1950+ type set, while still looking for great examples for the 7070.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jacques_Loungecoque said:

@Manifest_Destiny said:

@AlanSki said:
    Coin has been returned. I’ve been threatened with a lawsuit again if I don’t apologize to the owner of Alhambra Coin although I never accused the owner of anything and even stated the owner was probably unaware of anything going on.

This thread can be closed.

The fact that a dealer would threaten a lawsuit over something like this tells me all I need to know about the dealer.

Dealer just wants the mud removed from his name.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dang. I always miss out on all the fun threads.
    My post mortem take:
    OP wasn't wrong to want to stick up for Dad but was working with faulty/incomplete info imo
    Dealer wasn't totally wrong to be angry because he thought he was doing Dad a favor as a friend
    That said, 12 months is a long time for no results and I don't think anyone here would be happy if they or their relative happened to be in the same situation.
    If I were the dealer involved, after having seen the piece I'd have simply told him "they're going to decline conservation because those spots won't totally go away and the coin will lose at least 2 grades just cracking it out".

RIP Mom- 1932-2012

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file