Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Dan Carrs latest

Comments

• Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks too good to be true. The site is NOT official USPS, rather a company called “usps-stampshop Company“ (note capitalism error). Claims to buy “genuine” USPS stamps at bulk discount prices and resell. I ran the numbers and if you buy 1100 stamps, it comes to $0.153 each including a FREE roll of 100. I’d like to see the stamps in-hand and verify authenticity before taking the plunge (which I won’t).

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    NJCoinNJCoin Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dcarr said:

@Mr Lindy said:
    Daniel Carr Shopping Opportunity ???

https://www.usps-onlinestore.com/?fbclid=IwAR2SWRfi-fA359BfA_CTNwOk36FyXzCcyj6fuNGCMX-UW9E8hxYpuCJK6_c

Forever Stamps for 27&1/2c !
    Factory Fresh

Colorful Stamp Man Dan , will these count as 66c next year ???

Interesting ...
    The "Freedom" (flag) Forever stamps are listed there for less than 17 cents each.
    I find that hard to believe.

So rather than following the link, I went to www.usps.com manually, and then from there I tried to find those "hot sale" items. But I could not find them there. So I remain skeptical.

You didn't find it because these guys are not the USPS. They are resellers. The question is whether what they are selling is counterfeit or stolen, or whether the entire site is just a big scam. But the listings are real, and you can actually give them a credit card and place an order.

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,026 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NJCoin said:

@dcarr said:

@Mr Lindy said:
    Daniel Carr Shopping Opportunity ???

https://www.usps-onlinestore.com/?fbclid=IwAR2SWRfi-fA359BfA_CTNwOk36FyXzCcyj6fuNGCMX-UW9E8hxYpuCJK6_c

Forever Stamps for 27&1/2c !
    Factory Fresh

Colorful Stamp Man Dan , will these count as 66c next year ???

Interesting ...
    The "Freedom" (flag) Forever stamps are listed there for less than 17 cents each.
    I find that hard to believe.

So rather than following the link, I went to www.usps.com manually, and then from there I tried to find those "hot sale" items. But I could not find them there. So I remain skeptical.

You didn't find it because these guys are not the USPS. They are resellers. The question is whether what they are selling is counterfeit or stolen, or whether the entire site is just a big scam. But the listings are real, and you can actually give them a credit card and place an order.

They seem to have gone to great lengths to make their site look like an official USPS site. They even have the official USPS logo at the top of the page (which is, I think, against the rules).

Even the URL address is similar to the USPS.

I also noticed that all the stamp images shown on the real USPS site have a black diagonal line on them (as a simulated cancellation, so that the image can't be printed and confused with genuine unused postage). The "hot sale" site images do not have the diagonal black lines.

The company in question indicates that they have a physical location in Washington DC. I wonder if somebody could go there and buy stamps. And if so, I would wonder if they are genuine.

• Options
    Mr Lindy Mr Lindy Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for saving me & everyone else money !

Link originated on my facebook feed yesterday morning.

Very glad no one got scammed ! Including me.

• Options
    Alpha2814Alpha2814 Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited December 29, 2023 10:53AM

@dcarr said:
    The company in question indicates that they have a physical location in Washington DC. I wonder if somebody could go there and buy stamps. And if so, I would wonder if they are genuine.

Their Contact Us page has a street address in Alexandria, VA which (per street view) is apparently an actual USPS office. Street view for the DC address on the Our Story page is the middle of a bridge over another street and train tracks. The About Us page says their corporate office is in Fresno. I believe none of these.

• Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

and so did mine :D

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    Mr Lindy Mr Lindy Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 4, 2024 6:24PM

The House of Carr are ROCKSTARS !

Life is just a fantasy,..

I witnessed Aldo Nova express this sentiment long ago at a local venue decades ago.

I still love me some Fantasies.

And I love me some Carr Coin Art.

• Options
    NickpattonNickpatton Posts: 328 ✭✭✭✭

Mine too…….nice Bullsitter ‼️🎯👍👍👍‼️‼️‼️

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, nicely done Dan!

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    Farmer1961Farmer1961 Posts: 167 ✭✭✭

Nice looking flowing hair dollar!

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

That looks cool!

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    edited January 8, 2024 9:32PM

He only made 3 regular satins, and two others were double struck (5)………. Hope Dan will put some pictures of the antique ones ‼️‼️🎯👍👍

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,937 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had one of those Trade Dollars in my cart...then the price went up.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options

Bummer, sounds like someone had it in their cart too, and “checked out” before you did because there were only two three of the $375 satins available from what I can tell‼️You got closer than I did because I didn’t have the money to buy one at that time ‼️

• Options

The first few "1886-O" Trade over-strikes were brilliant satin, and then the dies were polished.
    But as the dies over-struck more pieces, they changed to become less proof-like and more like the initial pre-polish over-strikes.

• Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got in just under the wire of price change — the anticipation is killing me for what Santa Dan has sent?? 🧐

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options

N,n,n,nice,Jshaulis‼️‼️‼️🎯👍👍👍👍

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,937 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jshaulis said:
    Got mine today!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    TheReverendTheReverend Posts: 21 ✭✭✭

Mr. Carr,
    Are we going to see a 2024 Eclipse medal?
    I love medals/tokens/coins with maps.

• Options
    Clackamas1Clackamas1 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dan - do these tone well? SAE's tone well.

• Options
    pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

A lot of new items posted. Something for everyone. Gold, silver, brass. Enjoy.

• Options
    jshaulisjshaulis Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭

@pcgscacgold said:
    A lot of new items posted. Something for everyone. Gold, silver, brass. Enjoy.

23 new items....

Successful transactions with forum members commoncents05, dmarks, Coinscratch, Bullsitter, DCW, TwoSides2aCoin, Namvet69 (facilitated for 3rd party), Tetromibi, ProfLizMay, MASSU2, MWallace, Bruce7789, Twobitcollector, 78saen, U1chicago

• Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:
    YooooooHooooooo

Maybe next we'll see a moose on this :)

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 840 ✭✭✭✭✭

Me = kid
    Moonlight Mint site today = candy store

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor
  • Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oohhh, loving some of the new options. Wish I had a little more “play” money right now!

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 17, 2024 8:55PM

@dcarr said:

@Clackamas1 said:

They should tone similar to normal Silver Eagles. However, that is uncertain since they were cleaned before over-striking (in such a way to hopefully prevent the future formation of "milk spots").

I am happy to hear this. I quit buying Silver Eagles due to milk spotting problems.

Dan, when did you start doing this cleaning?

GrandAm :)
  • Options

@GRANDAM said:

@dcarr said:

@Clackamas1 said:

They should tone similar to normal Silver Eagles. However, that is uncertain since they were cleaned before over-striking (in such a way to hopefully prevent the future formation of "milk spots").

I am happy to hear this. I quit buying Silver Eagle overstrikes due to milk spotting problems.

Dan, when did you start doing this cleaning?

From the beginning - including the earliest Silver Eagle over-strikes that I did in early 2010.
    I did alter the process a few times over the years. But all of them got burnished in some way prior to the over-striking.
    I have not observed a milk-spotting problem on those that I have over-struck.

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

@D808LF said:
    Got one - 2024 D CG $500; 12th in the series - 3 ounces of Colorado gold.

Double-Dang.....can't wait to see it.... :#

• Options
    Farmer1961Farmer1961 Posts: 167 ✭✭✭

Just put a J&RR SMITH half eagle in my cart. Looking forward to getting it along with the numerous old stamps on the envelope.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file