Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great looking coins, Neo.

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,153 ✭✭✭✭✭

@edwardjulio said:
    Acquired this one at the Denver Coin Expo Friday-58CAC

Very nice example of a tougher middle date above XF! I’m jealous!

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,789 ✭✭✭✭✭

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993

• Options

• Options
    jfriedm56jfriedm56 Posts: 849 ✭✭✭✭✭

Picked these 3 IHCents last weekend.

• Options

Some error coins from my collection

• Options

• Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,839 ✭✭✭✭✭

From Tom Reynolds at the Baltimore Whitman Coin Expo...

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lately, I am liking copper, more and more!

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 18, 2023 5:53PM

My recent pick up.

1981S proof type 2

Opinions?
    Thank You!

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

My latest copper:

• Options

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,153 ✭✭✭✭✭

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,839 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've got these two on the way. Seller's photos...
    1839 N-11 Booby Head

1837 N-3 Plain Cords

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options

• Options

• Options
    WindycityWindycity Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

<a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.mullencoins.com">Mullen Coins Website - Windycity Coin website
  • Options

• Options
    RayboRaybo Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would like this coin please.

• Options

I might have to get a second opinion on this coin.

• Options
    OldIndianNutKaseOldIndianNutKase Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raybo said:

Would you not rather have this one........

Color on copper is a very natural progression. Old RD copper is just not believable........although I do have a 1906 IHC RD coin that I bought over 60 years ago.

OINK

• Options

@Raybo said:

Thanks for the offer OINK but I already have one.

• Options

@Raybo said:

@Raybo said:

Thanks for the offer OINK but I already have one.

Problem is the 1866 you posted has very little curb appeal. Maybe even worse that the 1863 you posted. You can collect coins based upon the PCGS/ANA grading standards, but they will not provide you an attractive collection. Only a collection that rates high in their grading standard. I tend to collect coins that have the greatest eye appeal, at the highest possible grade available. Not the highest graded coins that are POP 1, but have no distinguishing features.

• Options
    P0CKETCHANGEP0CKETCHANGE Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raybo said:

@OldIndianNutKase said:
    Color on copper is a very natural progression. Old RD copper is just not believable........although I do have a 1906 IHC RD coin that I bought over 60 years ago.

OINK

The 1863 is PR64BN. The TrueView is how it appears under a spotlight. The shots below were iPhone under a single bulb. It’s quite attractive, no visible hairlines, I’m not sure what CAC didn’t like about it.

Nothing is as expensive as free money.

• Options
    edited December 24, 2023 1:31PM

@P0CKETCHANGE said:

@Raybo said:

@OldIndianNutKase said:

OINK

The 1863 is PR64BN. The TrueView is how it appears under a spotlight. The shots below were iPhone under a single bulb. It’s quite attractive, no visible hairlines, I’m not sure what CAC didn’t like about it.

My response was to @Raybo, and based not on the quality of the coin that you posted. It was somewhat of an unfair comparison as the coin I posted was a 66 and yours is a 64. Obviously I was comparing apples with oranges. Different price point. I do think the Harry Bass provenance is more significant than a CAC endorsement on your PR64.

I do have issues with the PCGS/ANA grading standards that do not reflect current market standard acceptance/pricing, a grading standard that was originally formulated to reflect the fungible value of a coin. Perhaps the PCGS grade needs to better reflect the current market value, giving credit to monetary factors that seem to be ignored as to a coin's value. Probably a much bigger issue lies with ANA grading standard, than with PCGS. ANA seems to be very much a dinosaur. The ANA standard needs to reflect ALL issues surrounding the grade of the coin.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file