Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

New CBH added to my young set (** 2nd coin added**)

pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 18, 2023 4:39AM in U.S. Coin Forum

This is an add on to @pursuitofliberty recent thread. It was a wild few days. I have added some coins I never thought I would be given the chance to own and protect. I could go the next year without any newps and still be totally satisfied. When all was said and done, this was a "mic drop moment" for me. I thought of retiring on the spot and riding off into the sunset :smiley:

At first I thought being told to have my checkbook ready and loaded was just banter as @pursuitofliberty and I have been known to go back and forth with a little humor/fun. Well, in the end, it took two loaded checkbooks and then some :smiley:

I thought I would start out showing the oldest Lady added (1808-104). I won't have her in hand for a while but thought I would post it while Todd had the other thread active. I was going to do a GTG but don't have the coin in hand and don't have a slab shot to prove what she is. Maybe I will do that once the coin arrives early next year. I can't keep you from guessing though :wink:

This is just one of many outstanding coins that @lkeigwin made available. Those attending FUN can see many more. I HAD to own this one the second I saw it. The colors and evenness of toning, the condition and lack of any distracting marks, the detail remaining. It was a WOW coin for me. I hope you enjoy. The outstanding photos are from @lkeigwin .

As I have said before, I am very lucky and grateful to have found Todd on these boards. He messaged me back in September after a comment I made about one of his amazing coins. It has resulted in a very unexpected friendship (well up until I bought a few things he wanted, now I am in the doghouse).

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file