Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Post a pop 1/0 you own

Comments

• Options
    renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rnkmyer1 said:
    Rick Snow reports the coin below is the toughest in the entire IHC series. I saw a XF45 years ago that was not designated. This one’s the only MS example known @ 64RB.

Bro! The 7 touches 1! Yes, that IS the toughest in the whole series. I have never even seen one.

• Options
    Davidk7Davidk7 Posts: 237 ✭✭✭

@OAKSTAR said:

@Davidk7 said:

First PO1 1876-S Trade Dollar. Bought raw on eBay and graded in September.

My first thought would have been: to much meat on that bone. But what do I know. Congratulation! Nice snag!! 👍🏻

If it makes you feel better I expected a FR02 :D

Collector of Capped Bust Halves, SLQ's, Commems, and random cool stuff! @davidv_numismatics on Instagram

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not a coin but how bout Currency?
    Just bought this yesterday!
    1935E Silver Certificate "Gutter Fold" Error.
    PCGS F15 Graded.
    POP 1

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rnkmyer1 said:
    Anyone who has the good fortune to own one knows what a special feeling it gives. I just acquired this one from the legendary Stewart Blay’s GC auction.

Ken,

Your’s is extremely beautiful and has PL surfaces. The die crack from 6:00 to 3:00 is a marker for a group of 1857 FE’s that have PL surfaces.

Doug
  • Options
    rnkmyer1rnkmyer1 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DMWJR: good info Doug. I’ve noted a similar crack on a handful of 1858 LL’s that were considered PL years ago. Didn’t know that about 1857….

“The thrill of the hunt never gets old”

PCGS Registry: Screaming Eagles
    Copperindian

Retired sets: Soaring Eagles
    Copperindian

• Options

Yes, you are correct. Those 1858 LL’s are really beautiful too! There was a hoard of those 1858’s that came from the NE. The most PL 1857’s I ever saw were a couple of S-1’s that had a lot of die polishing.

Doug
  • Options
    CRHer700CRHer700 Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:
    Not a coin but how bout Currency?
    Just bought this yesterday!
    1935E Silver Certificate "Gutter Fold" Error.
    PCGS F15 Graded.
    POP 1

Lets go @Joeykoins! Great error! :)

Cheers, and God Bless, CRHer700 :mrgreen:

• Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DMWJR said:
    From the recent Blay auctions:

MS67 1/0

Can you explain this to me? What does 1/0 mean to you?

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options

@DMWJR said:
    Yes, my copy/paste technique has some flaws :D The 1896 is a 12/0. The coin I wanted to post, an 1892 MS67 1/0 did not have a TruView so I changed my mind and tried to edit the image to another coin.

How about this one instead? It wasn’t from the Blay estate though.

MS68 1/0

Okay, thanks. Yes, your 1896 is a 12/0. I was just a little confused about these designators. So hypothetically, if you had a coin that was the "only" one graded (non higher non lower, the only one list), it would still be a 1/0?

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options

Well, all I can say is I made a mistake on the post mr. @oakstar. If you want to roast me for that, sobeit. I don’t answer baited hypotheticals, and you know the answer to your own question anyway.

Doug
  • Options

@DMWJR said:
    Well, all I can say is I made a mistake on the post mr. @oakstar. If you want to roast me for that, sobeit. I don’t answer baited hypotheticals, and you know the answer to your own question anyway.

I'm not criticizing your mistake. I don't care about your mistake. I'm not playing games here. I'm asking you a legitimate question. I don't know the answer. I'm asking you your opinion.

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OAKSTAR said:

@DMWJR said:
    Yes, my copy/paste technique has some flaws :D The 1896 is a 12/0. The coin I wanted to post, an 1892 MS67 1/0 did not have a TruView so I changed my mind and tried to edit the image to another coin.

MS68 1/0

Okay, thanks. Yes, your 1896 is a 12/0. I was just a little confused about these designators. So hypothetically, if you had a coin that was the "only" one graded (non higher non lower, the only one list), it would still be a 1/0?

Obviously if it was the only one graded it would be a 1/0 no matter what the grade is. It is also a top pop 1/0 if there were a 1000 graded lower but none higher.

I am assuming for this thread when Matt is asking for pop 1/0 coins he is referring to pop 1 coins with none graded higher in their designated group, be it Cameo, Deep , Cameo, RD, RB, BN, FB, etc.

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DMWJR said:

MS68 1/0

Some incredible coins showing up here but this one leaves me blank.

• Options

@robec said:

@OAKSTAR said:

@DMWJR said:

MS68 1/0

Obviously if it was the only one graded it would be a 1/0 no matter what the grade is. It is also a top pop 1/0 if there were a 1000 graded lower but none higher.

Got it. That's the reality check I was looking for. Thanks @robec

• Options
    johnny010johnny010 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

@robec said:

@OAKSTAR said:

@DMWJR said:

MS68 1/0

I am assuming for this thread when Matt is asking for pop 1/0 coins he is referring to pop 1 coins with none graded higher in their designated group, be it Cameo, Deep , Cameo, RD, RB, BN, FB, etc.

Maybe the confusion was created since the first coin posted in this thread is a 2/0.

• Options

@johnny010 said:

@robec said:

@OAKSTAR said:

@DMWJR said:

MS68 1/0

Maybe the confusion was created since the first coin posted in this thread is a 2/0.

It can be a bit confusing. Plus, the added + and CAC grading. I've compared pop/census reports across all TPG'ers. Taking it to another level.. In a perfect world, it would be nice to have an official or unofficial designator to indicate where our coins grade compared to all the other TPG'ers.

• Options

@OAKSTAR said:

@johnny010 said:

@robec said:

@OAKSTAR said:

@DMWJR said:

MS68 1/0

It can be a bit confusing. Plus, the added + and CAC grading. I've compared pop/census reports across all TPG'ers. Taking it to another level.. In a perfect world, it would be nice to have an official or unofficial designator to indicate where our coins grade compared to all the other TPG'ers.

Again I could be mistaken but I took him to mean pop 1/0 with the company it is graded with. I don’t have an answer why Matt’s is a 2/0 unless the second one was recently made.

• Options

@robec said:

@OAKSTAR said:

@johnny010 said:

@robec said:

@OAKSTAR said:

@DMWJR said:

MS68 1/0

Again I could be mistaken but I took him to mean pop 1/0 with the company it is graded with. I don’t have an answer why Matt’s is a 2/0 unless the second one was recently made.

Yes, that's very possible. A second one may have been recently graded.

• Options
    BarberianBarberian Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭✭✭

@robec said:

Cool! That means this coin is a 1/0, even though there is a raw coin out there that has less wear.

And I just found out tonight that this went from a 1/0 to a 2/0, so I get a Mulligan.

3 rim nicks away from Good
  • Options

@Barberian said:

@robec said:

Cool! That means this coin is a 1/0, even though there is a raw coin out there that has less wear.

And I just found out tonight that this went from a 1/0 to a 2/0, so I get a Mulligan.

Love that cathedral..

• Options
    BarberianBarberian Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 6, 2023 10:26PM

And how about this rim-ding special as a "Top Pop" 1/0 for the WB-1 die marriage? It's been the PCGS "champ" now for 1.5 years.

3 rim nicks away from Good

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file