Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Post a pop 1/0 you own

rnkmyer1rnkmyer1 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone who has the good fortune to own one knows what a special feeling it gives. I just acquired this one from the legendary Stewart Blay’s GC auction.

“The thrill of the hunt never gets old”

PCGS Registry: Screaming Eagles
Copperindian

Retired sets: Soaring Eagles
Copperindian

Comments

• Options
    MWallaceMWallace Posts: 3,887 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Maywood , I knew you'd see it. I started to tag your name but I didn't think it was necessary. :D
    Nice 2000!!

• Options
    rnkmyer1rnkmyer1 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭✭

The only RD one - congrats!

“The thrill of the hunt never gets old”

PCGS Registry: Screaming Eagles
    Copperindian

Retired sets: Soaring Eagles
    Copperindian

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Floridafacelifter said:
    Finest PL Lib $20 for entire series

Sorry I just had to see that again :-)

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have some top pop, and some pop one, but I don’t have one with none finer…

• Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭✭✭

Question: If there's a higher graded coin across the street, would ours truly be a 1/0?

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    FloridafacelifterFloridafacelifter Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OAKSTAR said:
    Question: If there's a higher graded coin across the street, would ours truly be a 1/0?

If the across the street coin has a CAC sticker then no yours is not 1/0 because the across the street coin is properly graded.

Otherwise just assume the across the street coin is overgraded and wouldn’t cross at the same grade so you win.

However I think for most intents and purposes this forum does not consider across the street and the question was meant as “Post a PCGS pop 1/0 you own”

Can of worms opened.

• Options
    FlyingAlFlyingAl Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Floridafacelifter said:

@OAKSTAR said:

If the across the street coin has a CAC sticker then no yours is not 1/0 because the across the street coin is properly graded.

Otherwise just assume the across the street coin is overgraded and wouldn’t cross at the same grade so you win.

However I think for most intents and purposes this forum does not consider across the street and the question was meant as “Post a PCGS pop 1/0 you own”

Can of worms opened.

HOW DARE YOU OPEN A CAN OF WORMS FFL! BLASPHEMY! :lol::lol::lol:

There's a lot of truth in the above quote... personally I see 1/0 as at each service (NGC can have a 1/0 and PCGS can have a 1/0 at the same time for the same coin), but that's me.

This actually isn't discussed much, so I'd be interested to see the consensus on that.

Coin Photographer.

• Options

@Floridafacelifter said:

@OAKSTAR said:

Can of worms opened.

Your point is well taken. Not intended to open a can of worms. I'd just like to have a 1/0 that beats all other TPG'ers.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options

@Floridafacelifter- Now you're talkin'.

• Options
    edited December 3, 2023 10:53AM

@OAKSTAR said:

To be fair about it, this guy (however he is) has the one and only true 1/0 for this variety across ALL
    TPG'ers

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file