Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Boo! It's Time to Share your October Acquisitions. Hopefully, more Treats than Tricks...

Comments

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,241 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RonSportscards said:
    Here are some random oddballs from auction lots

1963 Topps Peel Offs Harmon Killebrew Blank Back
    Seems to be scarcer than the Instruction Back
    There are 3 listings for this card on PSA POP Report
    Does the first listing include both backs before they made the distinction between the two? Not sure.

Yes, at first there was only a listing for "1963 Topps Peel Off" then the instruction back was added, causing PSA to remove my now incorrectly labeled item from my Master set.
    I have that high grade instruction back somewhere that I haven't sent in to be re-labeled. Instead I added one to fill the slot.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet and awesome you got a beautiful Ryan.

Roy White. Sort of forgotten how good he was. Legit player.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mintonlypls said:
    I met a fellow board member for lunch/dinner today. We chatted about cards, showed recent acquisitions, and even consummated a deal. Thanks Keith (KC) for giving me the opportunity to purchase this very cool item! As it says...it only cost me 49 cents ;)

That is BEAUTIFULL! look at the centering on that ryan!

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mintonlypls said:
    I met a fellow board member for lunch/dinner today. We chatted about cards, showed recent acquisitions, and even consummated a deal. Thanks Keith (KC) for giving me the opportunity to purchase this very cool item! As it says...it only cost me 49 cents ;)

hey mintonlypls ,

Awesome Rack...Oh Yeah Pretty Cool... B)

• Options
    lwehlerslwehlers Posts: 868 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NGS428 said:

griffey lost so many games to injuries his last five years. great cards as usual!

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lwehlers said:

@NGS428 said:

griffey lost so many games to injuries his last five years. great cards as usual!

Thanks! Amazing he ended where he did with HRs.. Those games played numbers are rough what he hit Cincy.

• Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mintonlypls said:

Glad we could get together again and enjoyed the food, cards, and company. Hope you enjoy the rack, and enjoyed seeing an amazing group of PSA 8.5’s and 9’s - my favorite grade as well is PSA 8.5 😉

KC

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Chargers49ersLakers said:
    My own sub! Just got it today! 1/4 PSA 9, only one PSA 10. Fantastic Vader and the Bounty Hunters!

hey Chargers49ersLakers,
    Cool Cell-O... B)

• Options
    jordangretzkyfanjordangretzkyfan Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love that Puckett card, Joe. Sweet addition to your growing Kirby collection.

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

Some very nice ABA cards

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Browns1981 said:

Kind of feel this card is slept on. Thome’s first Topps card and the “rarest” variant of it.

Is there a “winner” version of this card? Honest question, I have no idea how the winner cards worked.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    Browns1981Browns1981 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, the Winners cards were a sendin reward from a scratch off card in packs. You could see the correct scratch off bubbles if you held the card up to a light, so the winners cards aren’t rare or important really. Golds were in packs and factory sets and have a much smaller print run (but still a ton).

• Options
    Browns1981Browns1981 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭✭

@redlegs said:
    I live in Louisville, Ky and was a Ky Colonels fan growing up. Very happy to add this one.

I do as well, and my friend’s dad lives in his old house!