Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Boo! It's Time to Share your October Acquisitions. Hopefully, more Treats than Tricks...

mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 30, 2023 10:03PM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Here is mine from the recently completed Heritage Auction...

mint_only_pls
«13

Comments

  • Options
    sayheywyosayheywyo Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭

    @mintonlypls said:
    Here is mine from the recently completed Heritage Auction...

    Nice. Figured a collector of your caliber already had one of these.

  • Options
    SoxPatsFanSoxPatsFan Posts: 196 ✭✭✭✭

    I'm not a ticket collector, though I have saved my tickets/stubs from many concerts & sporting events.

    How do you collectors feel about tickets now being almost entirely digital? Seems like a sudden end of an era.

  • Options
    erbaerba Posts: 285 ✭✭✭✭

    @coolstanley said:
    Some more tickets I just got back a few days ago. About the Agassi Wimbledon ticket, I have never seen another full one before. Only the stubs.

    Nice tickets. I like that you collect a players final game as opposed to their debut. I only have a handful of tickets, but one is Cam Neely's final game.

  • Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @SoxPatsFan said:

    How do you collectors feel about tickets now being almost entirely digital? Seems like a sudden end of an era.

    It probably makes the old physical tickets more collectible.

    Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

    Ignore list -Basebal21

  • Options
    ApplejacksApplejacks Posts: 384 ✭✭✭
    edited October 3, 2023 4:08AM

    @erba said:

    @coolstanley said:
    Some more tickets I just got back a few days ago. About the Agassi Wimbledon ticket, I have never seen another full one before. Only the stubs.

    Nice tickets. I like that you collect a players final game as opposed to their debut. I only have a handful of tickets, but one is Cam Neely's final game.

    Cam Neely signed a well known racist and bully to a contract.
    Anyone who supports Cam Neely supports a guy who signed a well known white bully of a black classmate whose mom says he still suffers today.

    https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/34971594/cam-neely-says-bruins-failed-vetting-mitchell-miller?platform=amp

    Cam Neely can’t even control all the racism in and around Boston.
    Surprised anyone supports that team.

    Yeah right Cam. Years later all you did was SIGN a racist hockey player.

  • Options
    ApplejacksApplejacks Posts: 384 ✭✭✭
    edited October 3, 2023 3:54AM

    @mintonlypls said:
    Here is mine from the recently completed Heritage Auction...

    Now that’s a card. Well done sir.

  • Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @1951WheatiesPremium great pickup and the group shot is awesome. That 1968 Mantle poster is one I've always loved.

    Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    erbaerba Posts: 285 ✭✭✭✭

    @Applejacks said:

    @erba said:

    @coolstanley said:
    Some more tickets I just got back a few days ago. About the Agassi Wimbledon ticket, I have never seen another full one before. Only the stubs.

    Nice tickets. I like that you collect a players final game as opposed to their debut. I only have a handful of tickets, but one is Cam Neely's final game.

    Cam Neely signed a well known racist and bully to a contract.
    Anyone who supports Cam Neely supports a guy who signed a well known white bully of a black classmate whose mom says he still suffers today.

    https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/34971594/cam-neely-says-bruins-failed-vetting-mitchell-miller?platform=amp

    Cam Neely can’t even control all the racism in and around Boston.
    Surprised anyone supports that team.

    Yeah right Cam. Years later all you did was SIGN a racist hockey player.

    Thanks for the response. That was fun!

  • Options
    sjjs28sjjs28 Posts: 444 ✭✭✭
    edited October 9, 2023 7:52AM

    I have one to post....
    Once in hand, I'll drop a scan

    I've always loved this card....
    Finally have the mini I can slide in my PC

    Steve Saldutti
    sjjs28@comcast.net
    Collector of 1964 Topps Stand Ups, 1965 Embossed, 1968 Topps Game and 1969 Topps Decals
    Registered Sets: 1964 Stand Ups, 1965 Embossed, 1968 Topps Game, 1969 Topps Decals
  • Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 3, 2023 3:35PM

    Steve…

    Nice 1975 Ryan mini…congrats! Beautifully centered…

    mint_only_pls
  • Options
    azvikeazvike Posts: 356 ✭✭✭

    Never seen a flip with a letter "missing" before...

  • Options
    FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @azvike said:
    Never seen a flip with a letter "missing" before...

    If the "dust removal" setting is used on some scanners, random letters or numbers can be removed. It's annoying considering how helpful the setting can be.

    Great Kllabrew!

  • Options
    stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 4, 2023 1:39PM

    The letter is not removed on the flip. It was the scan btw.

    I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Love those multis!

    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

    Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @stwainfan said:
    One mow for the Killebrew run.

    Nice card, and yes, I recommend to uncheck the dust removal option. It will, as you saw, remove detail. Even a light setting will be harmful to the scan.

  • Options
    stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @NGS428 said:

    @stwainfan said:
    One mow for the Killebrew run.

    Nice card, and yes, I recommend to uncheck the dust removal option. It will, as you saw, remove detail. Even a light setting will be harmful to the scan.

    Ok thanks. One more question. What causes the scan to have a blue light?

    I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

  • Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2023 3:44PM

    @stwainfan said:

    @NGS428 said:

    @stwainfan said:
    One mow for the Killebrew run.

    Nice card, and yes, I recommend to uncheck the dust removal option. It will, as you saw, remove detail. Even a light setting will be harmful to the scan.

    Ok thanks. One more question. What causes the scan to have a blue light?

    That card has the inner slab sleeve on it. It prevents the card from shifting around in the slab, so that is nice, but any curves or waviness in the sleeve will show up this way on the scans. Typically it is only in the 2 areas you see here. I haven’t found a way to scan without this issue.

  • Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @1951WheatiesPremium said:
    These came home in September but I forgot to post them in the monthly pickups thread. I think they’re very pretty cards and I’m happy that they are home. So here they are, one month late.

    kind of a bummer that Hank did not turn around for the pic...

    um...who's that #8 dude there?

  • Options
    stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @NGS428 said:

    @stwainfan said:

    @NGS428 said:

    @stwainfan said:
    One mow for the Killebrew run.

    Nice card, and yes, I recommend to uncheck the dust removal option. It will, as you saw, remove detail. Even a light setting will be harmful to the scan.

    Ok thanks. One more question. What causes the scan to have a blue light?

    That card has the inner slab sleeve on it. It prevents the card from shifting around in the slab, so that is nice, but any curves or waviness in the sleeve will show up this way on the scans. Typically it is only in the 2 areas you see here. I haven’t found a way to scan without this issue.

    ok thanks.

    I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

  • Options
    RonSportscardsRonSportscards Posts: 800 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2023 7:51PM

    @GroceryRackPack said:

    @1951WheatiesPremium said:
    These came home in September but I forgot to post them in the monthly pickups thread. I think they’re very pretty cards and I’m happy that they are home. So here they are, one month late.

    kind of a bummer that Hank did not turn around for the pic...

    um...who's that #8 dude there?

    John Roseboro?
    And Elston Howard far left?

  • Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @RonSportscards said:

    @GroceryRackPack said:

    @1951WheatiesPremium said:
    These came home in September but I forgot to post them in the monthly pickups thread. I think they’re very pretty cards and I’m happy that they are home. So here they are, one month late.

    kind of a bummer that Hank did not turn around for the pic...

    um...who's that #8 dude there?

    John Roseboro?
    And Elston Howard far left?

    I cheated.. :D I'm gonna go with johnny Roseboro

  • Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @mintonlypls said:
    Here is mine from the recently completed Heritage Auction...

    That is a sweet 78 Ryan!

  • Options
    BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Man, I love the 57 set.

    Nice ones there for sure.

  • Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Wow that ‘57 Kaline is a beauty. Could easily be an 8. Great buy!

  • Options

    Actually the kaline was my own sub! Yes, to me it seems should have been a 7.5 at least.

Sign In or Register to comment.