Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Show us your POP 1’s with none higher

Comments

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

WOW! WOW! WOW!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    clarke442clarke442 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭✭

The only one i can find a picture for.

• Options
    BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 962 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

Oh my. That JR is so great. I've never seen that one before.

I was a huge JR fan, and his health issues were probably second only to Gehrig in terms of how it changed his career. Dude was a beast and destined for such greatness. Such a sad story.

• Options

@Crashingwaves said:
    Not all PSA 10s.... but top grades, POP1 and none higher. Topps used horrible card stock for the 2009 Topps UFC Round 1 rookie autos.... those BGS 8.5/10 grades are the 2 tops grades... both POP 1

That's the elite of Round 1 right there !!!!!

• Options
    stevegarveyfanstevegarveyfan Posts: 579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 14, 2023 9:45AM

@galaxy27 said:

Those are just SICK!

• Options
    RonSportscardsRonSportscards Posts: 810 ✭✭✭✭

That Bird matchbook will be a POP 1 forever.
    They'll never give that a 10 today.

Love the Bird/Worthy matchups.
    James Worthy doesn't get talked about enough.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RonSportscards said:
    That Bird matchbook will be a POP 1 forever.
    They'll never give that a 10 today.

That surprised me as well.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    rmh111985rmh111985 Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

I liquidated almost my entire graded Roy collection, which had 10-15 that would fit this thread. Only have this one remaining:

Main collecting focus is Patrick Roy playing days 85/86-02/03, expect 1/1, National/All-Star stamped cards.PC Completion: 2,548/2,952; 86.31% My Patrick Roy PC Website:https://proy33collector.weebly.com

• Options
    4for44for4 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

@rmh111985 said:
    I liquidated almost my entire graded Roy collection, which had 10-15 that would fit this thread. Only have this one remaining:

He just left the Remparts after winning a championship.

He also sold his entire card and game used collection the past two years.

Hope his health is good and he’s just waiting for an NHL job now.

Forum members on ignore
    Erba - coolstanley-dallasactuary-SDsportsfan
    daltex

• Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

@dan89 said:
    One more, only 8 with none higher

Any idea who else is in that pack based on sequencing?

Forum members on ignore
    daltex

• Options

@WalkinDude said:
    Just wanted to add a few...

Larson has that Neil Young snarl on his face 😂
    Can’t think of any other card like that.

Forum members on ignore
    daltex

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

@4for4 said:

@WalkinDude said:
    Just wanted to add a few...

Larson has that Neil Young snarl on his face 😂
    Can’t think of any other card like that.

• Options
    dan89dan89 Posts: 484 ✭✭✭✭✭

Barkley and Johnny Moore

@4for4 said:

@dan89 said:
    One more, only 8 with none higher

Any idea who else is in that pack based on sequencing?

• Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭

ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options

• Options

I have the only Babe Ruth in PSA with none higher in this set. I will try to post a scan.

• Options

Two of the greatest. Both 1 of 1, none higher.

• Options

Holy Grape Nuts there Batman! Awesome Mantle!

• Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 16, 2023 3:10PM

I very much like the complete Post Cereal box w/Mantle!

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    graygatorgraygator Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭

Uncle Robbie

• Options
    ConshyboyConshyboy Posts: 389 ✭✭✭✭

• Options

@bswhiten said:
    I have a few pop 1 none higher Mick's, but this is my pop 1 no others graded by PSA or any other grading company :)

Superior piece !

Forum members on ignore
    daltex

• Options
    NJ80sBBCNJ80sBBC Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭

These are all 1983 Donruss fun bag packs. The Sandberg is a POP2, so that doesn’t count. The Gwynns are POP2 as well, but I have both so figured that would be worth sharing, tho technically not qualify for POP1.

John

Conundrum - Loving my unopened baseball card collection....but really like ripping too
  • Options
    JolleyWrencherJolleyWrencher Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

@Conshyboy said:

Beautiful card. I never consider BCCG grades to be worth much because they have many more 10s than the BGS grade for the same cards.

I imagine they have thousands of BCCG griffey RCs and not nearly as many BGS 10s.

I do own some BCCG cards which I intend to either crossover to PSA or BGS. I'm holding off on submissions of my higher valued cards because I think there will be improvements to the grading process and reports based on the TAG grade reports. If not then I may spend the $20ish for TAG just to see what I get, however, I'm leary of sending any $1000 raw cards to a business which hasn't been established long enough to know what mistakes they may be prone to making before rolling the dice.

• Options
    nauvcire1nauvcire1 Posts: 68 ✭✭✭

I have 3 in my collection

• Options
    JolleyWrencherJolleyWrencher Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

@nauvcire1 said:
    I have 3 in my collection ![]

The 51 Beshore is incredible. Old slab and all. Were they ever printed in full sheets and cut after originally circulated? What a beauty your pop 1s are.

• Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's a few of my POP 1's with none higher.

"EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    nauvcire1nauvcire1 Posts: 68 ✭✭✭

@JolleyWrencher said:

@nauvcire1 said:
    I have 3 in my collection ![]

The 51 Beshore is incredible. Old slab and all. Were they ever printed in full sheets and cut after originally circulated? What a beauty your pop 1s are.

They were packed as individual or a 2 card pack that came as a panel…that’s why some you see will see some with perforated edges. I have seen a sheet w/ 6-8 cards but I believe it was from an advertisement piece & I want to say they had the rare puzzle piece backs.. This Beshore is the only card I have better than RAS, who has the best boxing collection of all time. I’m currently #5 on the Ringside set. Haven’t had much activity over last few years , but there is currently a PSA 9 Benny Leonard in memory lane that I hope to land !

• Options

1988 Art Still Unreleased Starting Lineup card. Supposedly 5 or less known to exist. This is the only PSA example.

• Options

Well it’s not letting me attach a pic. I’ll keep trying.

• Options

• Options
    pdoidoipdoidoi Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

All 3 cards are the highest graded no others graded the same. The #14 Geronimo is not only the highest one graded but the only one graded.

• Options
    pdoidoipdoidoi Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

Sorry I had a very hard time trying to post pictures. I would have asked my daughter but she is in school.

• Options
    threeofsixthreeofsix Posts: 565 ✭✭✭✭

Here’s a non-sport addition to the list….This is a foil card from the 1996 Star Wars Shadows of the Empire set…. Of course Chewbacca and Princess Leia…

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.
    Live long, and prosper.
  • Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭

The OPC cards are unreal guys. UFFDAH, you make me jealous and sick at my stomach. LOL Incredible racks

Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    IndianaJonesIndianaJones Posts: 346 ✭✭✭

@4for4 said:

@bswhiten said:
    I have a few pop 1 none higher Mick's, but this is my pop 1 no others graded by PSA or any other grading company :)

Superior piece !

Ben, I absolutely love your Post Grape Nuts box with Mantle, Mathews, and Cepeda. What a stellar centerpiece. Even with the tiny bit of writing and paper loss, I'm at a loss as to why a grader would give the box a measly PSA 1 POOR. Overall, the box is in superb condition! Well, YOU know that. I know that. When the tough time comes for you to consign that regal rarity, the bidders will instantly recognize its great condition, too.

Thank you, kind sir, for sharing one of your centerpieces with us. I sure admire it. Well done, bro! ---Indiana Jones (Brian Powell)

• Options
    bswhitenbswhiten Posts: 212 ✭✭✭

Thanks @IndianaJones Brian. I admire your 62 Mick Jello Box too!!!
    For those interested - see link: https://sportscollectorsdaily.com/1962-jello-unfolded-mickey-mantle-box/

• Options
    IndianaJonesIndianaJones Posts: 346 ✭✭✭

Ben, many thanks for kindly loading up chapter 1 of my book, NEVER CHEAPER BY THE DOZEN. It's nice to be remembered. Please trust me when I say I made it a point to write about other peoples' great sea stories involving postwar regional / food issues. Since nobody knew me, I knew they wouldn't send me any of their centerpieces to photograph for the book. Thus, I had to make the best use of my own collection, some from General Foods expert, Ken Marks, and a few images from other auction catalogs, where I knew a great story to center the chapter. In addition, veteran collector Bill Zimpleman gave me 2 fabulous stories that anchored the chapters about the 1960 Home Run Derby cards, and the Bell Brand Dodgers and Rams.

Anyways, I wish you the very best, Ben. Take care. --- Indiana Jones (Brian Powell)

• Options
    edited August 28, 2023 7:34AM

@UFFDAH said:

Pop 1. None higher.
    Man was he something.

Forum members on ignore
    daltex