Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Show us your POP 1’s with none higher

13»

Comments

• Options
    SoxPatsFanSoxPatsFan Posts: 197 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 28, 2023 10:46PM

I know Gretzky was the greatest, but Lemieux was the best I saw regularly. Because Gretzky played in Edmonton & LA during his prime, his team's games were rarely televised on the east coast where I live.

Meanwhile, because Lemieux played regularly against east coast teams, and the NHL was growing in popularity while he was winning 2 Stanley Cups, Lemieux was much more visible.

• Options
    4for44for4 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭
    edited August 28, 2023 11:18PM

@SoxPatsFan said:
    I know Gretzky was the greatest, but Lemieux was the best I saw regularly. Because Gretzky played in Edmonton & LA during his prime, his team's games were rarely televised on the east coast where I live.

Meanwhile, because Lemieux played regularly against east coast teams, and the NHL was growing in popularity while he was winning 2 Stanley Cups, Lemieux was much more visible.

Bobby Orr called Mario the most talented hockey player he ever saw, so Orr is right there with you and me. Scotty Bowman and Bob Johnson (Pens coaches) has Lemieux ahead of Gretzky too. There’s no shame in saying either was the best, although Bowman has Orr and Howe and Rocket ahead of both.

Forum members on ignore
    Erba - coolstanley-dallasactuary-SDsportsfan
    daltex

• Options
    JolleyWrencherJolleyWrencher Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

• Options
    threeofsixthreeofsix Posts: 565 ✭✭✭✭

@Chargers49ersLakers said:

always o/c, not sure another can be found

Fabulous!!!!!!

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.
    Live long, and prosper.