Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

As posted in another thread, we’ve lost one of our long-standing, outstanding forum members - @ricko

Comments

• Options
    MrLeeMrLee Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭

Cheers RickO. You will be missed. :(

• Options
    drddmdrddm Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very sad to hear of his passing. Although I didn’t know him I kinda feel like I did through his posts. Always had nice things to say, even when I posted a nicely toned coin.

May he always rest in peace!

• Options
    RayboRaybo Posts: 5,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fair well my friend.

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

Although we were both passionate coin collectors, he and I only talked guns. I'll certainly miss his "cheers".
    Condolences to all of us and all his family.
    bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options

Ooooh, bummer. I was hoping I could meet up with him sometime since he was not too far away from me.

RIP but cheers too.

Successful BST deals with mustangt and jesbroken. Now EVERYTHING is for sale.

• Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,840 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow... he will be sorely missed! He was one of the Forum members I really hoped to have met. RIP...

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    dhikewhitneydhikewhitney Posts: 365 ✭✭✭

His passing, may he rest in the peace of the LORD, reminds me of what is important in this world, the pearl of great price.

• Options
    AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dude is a legend and will be sorely missed.

• Options
    ironmanl63ironmanl63 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can say that Ricko was one of the main reasons I frequented these boards. Every time I would see his name I would open the thread to see what he had to say. Every single correspondence I had with him was positive. He actually saved my but more than once. His advice was always spot on. I never met him in person but yet I feel as if he was a dear close friend. His positivity to all that frequent these boards will never be matched. Thank you Ricko for the years of joy I had reading your posts. My condolences to his family and friends. I hope his family know how much he meant to so many on this forum. I will use his sign off for this post only.

Cheers!

• Options
    RobertScotLoverRobertScotLover Posts: 617 ✭✭✭✭

I never spoke to him but read his posts and always enjoyed them. He was a class act and lent familiarity to this place.

• Options
    smuglrsmuglr Posts: 407 ✭✭✭

I know few of the personalties on the forum. I always found RickO's posts to be knowlegable, with kindness, and a bit of humor without ever sniping, a model to us all. A great loss to the forum. Condolences to his family and friends. Cheers sir.

• Options
    jt88jt88 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

WOW, sorry to hear that. Wish him rest in peace.

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,707 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never met him, but I felt like I knew him from his posts here. May you rest in peace where nothing ever tarnishes, @ricko .

• Options
    ModwriterModwriter Posts: 330 ✭✭✭

Hoist your drinks to and say Cheers to RickO. The Coinstar thread will never be same. Rest In Peace. Condolences to his family.

• Options
    breakdownbreakdown Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some really positive energy just exited the forum. Very sorry to hear this.

"Look up, old boy, and see what you get." -William Bonney.

• Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭

This is so sad to hear. I’ve been mostly posting on the not-so-active metal detecting forum.
    Sometimes there are no responses except within 24 hours Ricko would always reply to the post. Like others have said, always kind and always there. I will miss his messages dearly.

• Options
    ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭✭✭

Posting this in the Ricko threads:

Shit! Can't believe this happened! Though I never met him, it somehow felt like I had met him. He usually posted to almost every worthy thread on this forum, and in a positive manner. Though we disagreed on toned coins, his presence and posts were always welcoming. He will be greatly missed and far more than some of those banned users some people seem to pine over endlessly.

RIP Ricko, you were one of the great ones on this forum.

Here's a blast white coin as a small tribute:

• Options
    GotTheBugGotTheBug Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry to hear the news. I did not know him, but his absence here will be felt for a long, long time.

I hope that he and Bear can get together in the afterlife for a good discussion about their favorite hobby....

• Options
    mt_mslamt_msla Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭

Oh no. He was always a gentleman when I posted. I've been inactive for a long time on here; I'm sorry to come back and see this.

Rest in Peace.

Insert witicism here. [ xxx ]

• Options
    mtn_scoutmtn_scout Posts: 98 ✭✭✭

He was a staple since I joined the forum a year or so ago. My thoughts and prayers are with all who are mourning. He was a class act for sure. I hope his family will somehow see the impact he made on so many people who never met in person. A wonderful legacy.

• Options
    WindycityWindycity Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

So sorry to here this. He was a great part of the hobby and this forum.

<a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.mullencoins.com">Mullen Coins Website - Windycity Coin website
  • Options
    kirkminkkirkmink Posts: 172 ✭✭✭✭

Fair winds and following seas to a fellow sailor. RIP

"Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?"- Calvin and Hobbes

• Options
    coinnutcoinnut Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very sorry to hear this. I began to wonder when he hadn't posted for a week. A huge loss to the forum. My condolences to his family.

• Options
    CommemDudeCommemDude Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭✭

My condolences to his family and friends.
    He was a kind and gentle man who showed the rest of us how we are supposed to treat one another.

Dr Mikey
    Commems and Early Type
  • Options
    JeffersonFrogJeffersonFrog Posts: 835 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, what words work? :/ Active as anyone, more patient/civil than everyone - he had a real talent for voicing his input with reason and without attack. A reminder to enjoy what we have while we have it. Cheers indeed.

If we were all the same, the world would be an incredibly boring place.

Tommy

• Options
    anablepanablep Posts: 5,032 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 19, 2023 8:02AM

So sorry to hear about @ricko ; he was a great contributor to numismatics and to this forum. Terrible news.

Always looking for attractive rim toned Morgan and Peace dollars in PCGS or (older) ANA/ANACS holders!

"Bongo hurtles along the rain soaked highway of life on underinflated bald retread tires."

~Wayne
  • Options
    mark_dakmark_dak Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately I never met Rick but he always interacted here like a true gentleman that I'm certain he was. My thoughts and prayers to his entire family and friends. He will be missed by all here... no doubt.

Mark

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,062 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is so sad. He was one of the nicest, most upbeat posters, and was universally well liked. I never saw anything disparaging or any negativity in any of his posts. He was a legend and will truly be missed. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family. RIP.

• Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 19, 2023 8:35AM

This one really hurts. RickO was a legend on these boards, and always will be. I only met Rick in person once, when he lived near Seattle, but I still considered him a good friend. I bumped into him at the Boeing Show. Man that was fun. He was as quick-witted in person as he was on these boards.

Thanks for making this a much better place, RickO. We’ll miss you. RIP.

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    jedmjedm Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, what can I say that hasn't already been said? A real class act he was. Always here it seemed, and always positive and polite. Condolences to his loved ones. I'll miss you Ricko.

• Options
    nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭✭✭

There’s such a tremendous outpouring of memories and tributes to the man. That speaks volumes to the enormity of his presence here. His courtesy, kindness, humor, knowledge and willingness to share, were truly legendary to this forum.
    I had really hoped to meet him in person one of these days!
    Rest in Peace RickO

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

May he rest in peace.
    Who could be missed more?

ricko had three daughters, as do I, my thoughts are with them in their loss.

• Options
    TopcatCoinTopcatCoin Posts: 83 ✭✭✭

RIP and Cheers Ricko a class act.

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 19, 2023 10:31AM

@cameonut2011 said:
    This is definitely a keep sake. I wish PCGS would design a special RickO label and encapsulate it for you to protect it through the years with both the Cheerios and RickO provenance.

:*
    That's a thought, alright?
    I think PCGS would, in fact, encapsulate this as whole with RickO's name on the holder?
    They provided my request for my "Dad's Dollar" holders!
    It certainly is worth, considering?
    Thanks for the idea.
    I'll let you guys know if and when I do.
    B)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭✭✭

Condolences to the family. Ricko will be missed by all.

• Options
    alefzeroalefzero Posts: 875 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry to lose such a great guy who was extremely engaged with us in this forum.

• Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

We need a two-holder set sample slab 1942 & 2023. Choice BU Dimes would work. Or they could be 2001 & 2023. They would have to be blast white, of course. The label should say "Cheers, RickO" or Just Be Kind - Cheers, RickO

I would happily pay for mine. He set the example on the forums. He almost hit 100,000 posts and they were all kind and positive!

"If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    FlyingAlFlyingAl Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭✭✭

So sad to see this news. RickO will be missed.

Young Numismatist, Coin Photographer.

• Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

So sorry to hear this; RickO was always upbeat, and friendly in his posts. Such an asset to the forum. I regret never having had a chance to meet him in person. So long, friend.

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,062 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:

@cameonut2011 said:
    This is definitely a keep sake. I wish PCGS would design a special RickO label and encapsulate it for you to protect it through the years with both the Cheerios and RickO provenance.

That's a thought, alright?
    I think PCGS would, in fact, encapsulate this as whole with RickO's name on the holder?
    They provided my request for my "Dad's Dollar" holders!
    It certainly is worth, considering?
    Thanks for the idea.
    I'll let you guys know if and when I do.
    B)

@HeatherBoyd

Any chance of a special RickO provenance and special label for this one?

• Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

RIP. Very sad news. He will be missed.

• Options
    InlanderInlander Posts: 71 ✭✭✭

I always appreciated his posts. Positive, polite, and humorous. Sorry to hear this.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file