Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

As posted in another thread, we’ve lost one of our long-standing, outstanding forum members - @ricko

Comments

• Options

Rip Ricko

• Options
    relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rest in peace, I will miss your posts on this forum as well as the metal detecting forum.

Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭

RIP to RickO....Great member of these forums and longtime active member, President of the BLAST WHITE™ club........

TC71

• Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,031 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 20, 2023 12:15PM

I'm just seeing this and am shocked and sad.
    He was a salt of the earth type of guy and a giant here in my eyes.
    RiP RickO.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    BucketHeadBucketHead Posts: 129 ✭✭✭

I was not paying attention to the forum for the last few days and am just finding out now.

This sucks.

• Options
    USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

RIP! Such a loss of a great person and member :( Prayers to his family and friends!

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭✭✭

Many other members said something that got the "powers that be" stirred up, and got the old heave-ho, banned from the site. But never Ricko-O who was immortal on this site for many, many years. Very diplomatic and respectful!

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

Terrible news. RIP my blast white brother. You will be greatly missed. RGDS!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately, I have no words for a great man that had so many words of advice for so many people on this board.

Rest in Peace RickO. You will be missed.

My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

sad news

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    clarke442clarke442 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cheers

• Options
    psuman08psuman08 Posts: 259 ✭✭✭

Condolences to his family and friends. I always enjoyed reading RickO's posts.

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

:'(

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,453 ✭✭✭✭✭

devastating

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow...he will be missed! I never met him in person but always enjoyed his posts and his passion for un-toned coins. Sad to hear this for sure..

K

ANA LM
  • Options
    CalifornianKingCalifornianKing Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭✭

RIP.

I posted for help here a few times, and he helped out, and always seemed happy to help. He was a good man.

• Options

I always liked reading RickO’s assessment on this forum.
    Also, I’ve always remembered his title from reaching 10,000 posts: Sagacious Maven.

RIP, forum legend!

🇬🇧

• Options
    NeophyteNumismatistNeophyteNumismatist Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just catching-up on reading and this is horrible news to end my night. But, i think RickO was one of the kindest people on the forum. His posts reflected the joy he was as a person - no question. :'(

I am a newer collector (started April 2020), and I primarily focus on U.S. Half Cents and Type Coins. Early copper is my favorite.

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, thank you, Mark, for the post. I truly had no idea. ricko@ was a true gentleman of our hobby. I never read a post of his that was negative toward anyone. Certainly, I will miss him, as will all. May God Bless him and his family.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,292 ✭✭✭✭✭

I always looked forward to his opinions, suggestions, feedback and replies. When I saw a new thread (whatever the subject), I would just scroll down to see @ricko's response... That's all I ever really needed to know. His response was the final word on many threads.

On more then one occasion (if I was lucky enough to post before him), I would simply say; Whatever @ricko says, works for me!

Semper Fi Brother. Rest easy in fair winds, and calm seas.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    ChangeInHistoryChangeInHistory Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awful news. Condolences for family and friends. He will be sorely missed around here.

• Options
    ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 22, 2023 6:30AM

I remembered @ricko making a post in late June about being in the hospital for a bit, but was making his comeback. He kept on posting until the end, a real trooper. Hopefully him and @Bear are swapping some good coin stories.

Thanks Pat @Goldbuster for filling us in. Still hard to believe but I think it's a step towards closure on this forum. He will be missed for sure.

• Options
    rec78rec78 Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭✭✭

Clearly the most prolific poster here with over 98,000 posts. Never a bad or negative post for anyone. Always positive and a great heart for the hobby. He will be missed.
    RIP RickO

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BryceM said:
    What!!!!!!??????

Oh no.

In the years I've been here, many people have graduated to the big bourse in the sky, but this one..... wow. I simply can't imagine this place without him. Just can't.

Rest in blast-white peace, brother!

:'(

Bryce, I agree he was one of a kind!

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file