Home U.S. Coin Forum

2023 American Liberty High Relief Gold Coin

Comments

• Cranium_Basher73Cranium_Basher73 Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 15, 2023 4:55PM

@ProofCollection said:
    I just got a notification that my 3 coin order has shipped.

I just checked my order, it shipped too! Funny thing, I checked it earlier at 4:30pm and it was still processing.

Throw a coin enough times, and suppose one day it lands on its edge.

• MtW124MtW124 Posts: 404 ✭✭✭✭

@MetroD said:

If you are concerned, you could always telephone CS.

Thanks metro, says processing

@SilverPlatinum said:
    Change the browser and see if it helps.
    Mine is showing: Shipping Status: PROCESSING

Thanks, I will give that a try.

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MtW124 said:
    My order number still is not letting me go to order details to see if it is processing. That’s has never happened in the 100 or so orders I have placed since 2015. Not sure what is going on.

log out
    go to login page
    below login box there is a order checker box
    use that

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Had been waiting for this amazing coin for months. Was on the email reminder list. When I got the email I immediately visited the Mint website to make my purchase. (1 day after release) Not available. I then see all these resellers on Ebay gouging legit collectors like myself for thousands of dollars. How did they get so many to resell?? Why does the Mint allow them to be horded by resellers? The system is lame. US Mint should limit to one per household for at least ten days until demand from real collectors is met.

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CaptainHowdy said:
    Had been waiting for this amazing coin for months. Was on the email reminder list. When I got the email I immediately visited the Mint website to make my purchase. (1 day after release) Not available. I then see all these resellers on Ebay gouging legit collectors like myself for thousands of dollars. How did they get so many to resell?? Why does the Mint allow them to be horded by resellers? The system is lame. US Mint should limit to one per household for at least ten days until demand from real collectors is met.

It was only available for 24 hours, then sales were halted. There is a slight chance you could still get one during the early morning checks. An amazing coin takes diligence and patience now.

• Cranium_Basher73Cranium_Basher73 Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭✭✭

The release date was announced 2 months ago. I work second shift and sleep during the day and was able to place my order at noon before going back to sleep.
    In some cases, the "remind me" email comes too late.

Throw a coin enough times, and suppose one day it lands on its edge.

@MetroD said:

@MtW124 said:
    My order number still

@MsMorrisine said:

log out

go to login page
    below login box there is a order checker box use that

Thank you, that worked )

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now available

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 16, 2023 4:35AM
  • GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CaptainHowdy said:
    Had been waiting for this amazing coin for months. Was on the email reminder list. When I got the email I immediately visited the Mint website to make my purchase. (1 day after release) Not available. I then see all these resellers on Ebay gouging legit collectors like myself for thousands of dollars. How did they get so many to resell?? Why does the Mint allow them to be horded by resellers? The system is lame. US Mint should limit to one per household for at least ten days until demand from real collectors is met.

They are available now if you want one.

Got one!

still up

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,133 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    still up

Bad CC's? Incorrect buyer info.?

Yes, I was unavailable at release and had a friend place my order. Mind you they had never placed an order and made a mistake causing chaos with my order. I just ordered another when you guys said they are up again just in case it gets bumped.

also possible is cancelled orders as the few raw (5? 6?) are not selling.

• philographerphilographer Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 16, 2023 6:07AM

Available now! (Still up)

He who knows he has enough is rich.

@Goldbully said:

That’s what happened with my first one.

• JeffMJeffM Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭

@Goldbully said:

@MsMorrisine said:
    still up

Or.....perhaps returns??

• I got a text alert this morning and bought one. I was initially going to intentionally place an order once they went on backorder so that I could think about it for a few months but that never happened. I didn't expect this coin to sell out so fast when first put up for sale.

edited August 16, 2023 11:05AM

@JeffM said:

@Goldbully said:

@MsMorrisine said:
    still up

Or.....perhaps returns??

Too soon for returns to have any impact. The next few weeks will be a better barometer.

• MetroDMetroD Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CaptainHowdy said:

Welcome to the forum. :)

I realize that this information will not help you this time, but it could next time.

The Mint publishes their (pending) release dates on their website.

Source: https://catalog.usmint.gov/product-schedule/2023/

Admittedly, the schedule is not always fully detailed at the start of the calendar year. It is, however, typically populated with a specific release date well before the actual event.

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still available and with no HHL

At the time of this post:

• You are lucky guys that you have a chance now to order one.
    Rushhhhhhhhhh before you regret it. :D

I don't think available count is real-time someone on the 23 morgan-peace says stock level is not real-time

however, how long did it take to sell through the bucking horse gold liberty coin?

• 1madman1madman Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    however, how long did it take to sell through the bucking horse gold liberty coin?

Horse took ~ a full week to sell out. This tree coin is sitting at approximately 36 hours of availability at this point, and is very close to unavailable.

• CXDCXD Posts: 141 ✭✭✭

"availableCount":646 and "stocklevel":646, At best batch type updates.

@1madman said:

@MsMorrisine said:

Horse took ~ a full week to sell out. This tree coin is sitting at approximately 36 hours of availability at this point, and is very close to unavailable.

Yep, was going to say about a week...then it was gone baby gone

@1madman said:

@MsMorrisine said:

According to this post from @cagcrisp, 21DA "went CU shortly after the 24 hour HHL was lifted".

As noted in the post, there was some limited availability later in the year.

edited August 16, 2023 4:10PM

Still available!!

No longer on the fence. Got one!

it went to "remind me" tis true, but the published sales numbers from that initial weekend sales were only like 8,800 and change.

was this new batch a nearly full on second release? how many cancellations and rejections (likely not that many)?

we won't know sales numbers for sure for another several days.

how unavailable is yet to be truly known

@MsMorrisine said:

How do we find the sales numbers- just wait and see? I could never find those numbers and appreciate those that do post these!

edited August 16, 2023 4:34PM

@Onastone said:

@MsMorrisine said:

How do we find the sales numbers- just wait and see? I could never find those numbers and appreciate those that do post these!

"About" >> "Production & Sales Figures" >> "Cumulative Sales Figures"

Link: https://www.usmint.gov/about/production-sales-figures/cumulative-sales

Edited to Add:
    Data Through 08/13/23 for 23DA:

this is the numismatic page. there is a separate page for production coins.

https://www.usmint.gov/about/production-sales-figures/cumulative-sales

the search box is very handy

and i think these might do ok in the aftermarket, but not like the bronco. if they are still around next week, they may be less than lukewarm on the graded ones in the future

@MsMorrisine

Sure is a Beautiful and interesting subject for a USMint produced Gold coin though.

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

This whole series is gorgeous. But they are just too pricey to perform well in the secondary market. But they are beautiful to own.

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed! So far, the Mustang is the key. But they are ALL stunning.
    Thankfully, I am not a set collector. I own to keep and appreciate.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.

Still available. Looks like it could be a while for a sellout.

@Goldbully said:
    Still available. Looks like it could be a while for a sellout.

Probably not as speedy as the Mustang. Hmmm, I wonder what the next Liberty Gold will feature, now that we're on to different subject matters.....horse, tree, ? ........how about an Eagle on each side? Then we could call it the new Double Eagle!!!

Even though this one might not quickly sell out, the design is spectacular and imo over time will do very well.

• PhillyJoePhillyJoe Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭

I ordered one. First time since the 2009 that appealed to me. For roughly the same price as an American Eagle or Buffalo it was a no brainer.

The Philadelphia Mint: making coins since 1792. We make money by making money. Now in our 225th year thanks to no competition. image
  • cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1madman said:

@MsMorrisine said:

The 2021 American Liberty Gold coin sold a net of 175 coins w/e 05/22/2022.
    That would be 39 weeks after Launch...

• 1madman1madman Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cagcrisp said:

@1madman said:

@MsMorrisine said:

Thanks for all your continued data with these coins. From what I remember at the launch date, these horse coins took multiple days (5-10) to eventually go unavailable the first time. That is why they didn’t surge in value until later. If they would have gone unavailable in 24 hours + 5 minutes, they would’ve become quick money makers. I think the groupings like you mentioned (175) was a conglomerate of returns piled together and sold at one time.

A mintage of 12,500 for a U.S.A. 1 ounce gold proof coin is minuscule, plus add in the fact it’s a high relief. I’m surprised the mint raised the limit of the silver version from 50,000 originally proposed up to 75,000.

• cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1madman said:

@cagcrisp said:

@1madman said:

@MsMorrisine said:

Thanks for all your continued data with these coins. From what I remember at the launch date, these horse coins took multiple days (5-10) to eventually go unavailable the first time. That is why they didn’t surge in value until later. If they would have gone unavailable in 24 hours + 5 minutes, they would’ve become quick money makers. I think the groupings like you mentioned (175) was a conglomerate of returns piled together and sold at one time.

A mintage of 12,500 for a U.S.A. 1 ounce gold proof coin is minuscule, plus add in the fact it’s a high relief. I’m surprised the mint raised the limit of the silver version from 50,000 originally proposed up to 75,000.

The 2021 American Liberty Gold coin went BO after 16 minutes with a shipping date of 11/11/2021. The coin went CU shortly after the HHL of 1 was lifted in 24 hours. There were a total of 4 weeks where there were net sales in excess of 100 coins (w/e 10/03/2021, 10/10/2021, 12/12/2021 and 05/22/2022...

• ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just got my shipment of 3. One is probably PR68 and is going back. The other 2 have a shot at 70. Off to PCGS they go...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file