Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Dan Carrs latest

Comments

• Options
    NickpattonNickpatton Posts: 332 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 8, 2023 3:01PM

Very nice Bullsitter , I haven’t had any come back DCAM , But all came back as Cameo‼️👍‼️

Now I get to show my ignorance to everyone…. again ‼️
    Someone asked me what the A10 privy mark means on the 1996 D silver eagles …….. and I didn’t know the answer, ( except it looks cool)‼️
    Some one please tell me what it means.
    Thanks
    Nick
    Just you other ones Bullsitter ‼️‼️🎯🎯👍👍‼️‼️
    Dan’s amazing ‼️‼️👍🎯👀‼️‼️‼️

• Options
    TopcatCoinTopcatCoin Posts: 83 ✭✭✭

@Nickpatton said:
    Very nice Bullsitter , I haven’t had any come back DCAM , But all came back as Cameo‼️👍‼️

Now I getting to show my ignorance to everyone…. again ‼️
    Someone asked me what the A10 privy mark means on the 1996 D silver eagles …….. and I didn’t know the answer, ( except it looks cool)‼️
    Some one please tell me what it means.
    Thanks
    Nick
    Just you other ones Bullsitter ‼️‼️🎯🎯👍👍‼️‼️
    Dan’s amazing ‼️‼️👍🎯👀‼️‼️‼️

1996 is the 10 year anniversary of the silver eagle program. A10 = 10 year anniversary. TC

• Options

Thanks Topcat‼️‼️👍👍👍

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,079 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Nickpatton said:
    These came in today from ANACS today ‼️👍🎯‼️
    I don’t know what to say,except, damn Dan’s good ‼️‼️👍🎯👀‼️👍👍‼️‼️
    I couldn’t be happier with them‼️‼️👍
    Dan’s tha “man”‼️‼️👍🎯‼️👍👍👍

That's awesome Nick! Some nice MS70s there!

How long was the turn around time from when you shipped till received?

• Options

Too long‼️Sent them in on 1-25-23…… it might take a little longer because I always have them “imaged”, ( it only cost $3 each to have them imaged…. Gotta be the best deal in all the grading companies)‼️‼️

• Options

@Nickpatton said:
    Too long‼️Sent them in on 1-25-23…… it might take a little longer because I always have them “imaged”, ( it only cost $3 each to have them imaged…. Gotta be the best deal in all the grading companies)‼️‼️

What do their images look like? I'm not familiar with them.

• Options
    edited April 8, 2023 4:17PM

This is how you verify and pull up everything on a slab obverse certification number…. This is how the images looks

• Options
    edited April 8, 2023 4:21PM

@Nickpatton said:
    This is how you verify and pull up everything on a slab obverse certification number…. This is how the images looks

The slab images are what I remember. I was hoping they had something like TrueView or PhotoVision now.

Overall, slabbing plus imaging cost may be lower than other TPGs, but I believe NGC includes slab images so they are basically free, or at least included?

• Options
    edited April 8, 2023 6:16PM

NCG won’t grade Daniel Carrs………. That’s just wrong‼️‼️‼️‼️

• Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 8, 2023 4:35PM

@ZoidMeister
    Thank you for the label

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    edited April 8, 2023 4:56PM

@Nickpatton said:
    NCG are won’t grade Daniel Carrs………. That’s just wrong‼️‼️‼️‼️

There are a few, but in general they won't. Here's an interesting one :)

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1016607/is-this-the-first-certified-graded-dan-carr-piece-by-ats/p1?new=1

• Options

Kool Zoins…… I’ve tried to send some fantasy o/s and some Shelvin medals and they wouldn’t grade any of them ‼️Nice medal 👍👍‼️

• Options
    SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭

This was my introduction to Private Mint News. Thank you @Zoins ! I just went over and jumped around a bit. I love the format and the content. Congratulations!

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor
  • Options
    edited April 10, 2023 10:53AM

@SPalladino said:
    This was my introduction to Private Mint News. Thank you @Zoins ! I just went over and jumped around a bit. I love the format and the content. Congratulations!

Thanks Steve! I've been working on the website for a bit so it's nice to get to one that's easy to use, easy to update, and easy on the eyes!

There are so many great pieces to highlight and discuss that it should be fun and I hope others can participate too, both in writing and proposing ideas for coverage.

The site is very easy, and modern, to maintain as seen on the credits page, but I also want to ensure longevity in case anything happens so I'm planning to do PDF releases of the articles like the Bolen Pynchon House book.

https://privatemintnews.com/resources/credits/

Of note, you can see the content for the articles, presentations and PDF book are all in Markdown, which is the syntax used for these message forums and popular sites like Reddit.

• Options

Thanks Zoins,
    Went there to and learned some cool stuff ‼️‼️👍🎯

Also, I’m sending you a message here , so check your messages.
    Thanks
    Nick

• Options
    BucketHeadBucketHead Posts: 129 ✭✭✭

@Zoins said:

Thanks for
    The link Zoins and
    nice website.

• Options
    burlguyburlguy Posts: 71 ✭✭✭

@dcarr said:
    I have in mind a 50mm 5-troy-oz 999 gold "Union" that I could do.
    But it doesn't involve any of the Morgan designs shown in this thread.
    I'm first going to do a 50mm 3-troy-oz 999 silver version.
    If that works out, then I will consider the Union.

I know this was from long ago but I have kept buying and adding. This would still be an amazing piece.

• Options
    edited April 16, 2023 8:12PM

@dcarr said:
    I have in mind a 50mm 5-troy-oz 999 gold "Union" that I could do.
    But it doesn't involve any of the Morgan designs shown in this thread.
    I'm first going to do a 50mm 3-troy-oz 999 silver version.
    If that works out, then I will consider the Union.

To follow on to what @burlguy wrote, I have to say the 50mm 3oz silver $100 union is SPECTACULAR!!!

It's one of Dan's greatest pieces in my mind and simply amazing to hold in hand.

If the silver version is out of this world, the gold version would be out of this solar system!

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, that GObrecht is sensational!

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinsarefun - great coins and grades, and fantastic photography!

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor
  • Options
    Mr Lindy Mr Lindy Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭

I went to my local Barnes & Noble and happened upon a Numismigo in the Wild !

Was lucky to add a few more Carrs to my MM Archive.

A well spent, quite enjoyable 420 2023 !

Happy Shopping !

Lindy

• Options

I like my Carrs, but am still in awe of your coins! Shudder to think the cost of that Gobrecht though.

• Options
    D808LFD808LF Posts: 403 ✭✭✭✭✭

30 o/s off to ANACS...

fka renman95, Sep 2005, 7,000 posts

• Options
    pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

@D808LF said:
    30 o/s off to ANACS...

Giving them 20 coins next week at the Central States show. Great company to work with.

• Options
    edited April 21, 2023 8:45PM

Here’s a cool 1911-D,( circulated), Buffalo I got from Akbeez‼️👍Only 15 were in circulated finish.
    I call it my “ split head” Buffalo because of the error in the Buffalo’s head. I’m not sure what caused it, but I think it’s too cool‼️I love it‼️‼️👀‼️👍👍🎯‼️

• Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey Nick you always seem to find something new on these, I guess I need to get my eyes re-examined! Congrat’s!! Is that a planchette crack on the bottom reverse??

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options

Thanks Akbeez‼️👍You always have cool stuff at a good price ‼️‼️👍🎯‼️‼️

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,028 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Nickpatton said:

Here’s a cool 1911-D,( circulated), Buffalo I got from Akbeez‼️👍Only 15 were in circulated finish.
    I call it my “ split head” Buffalo because of the error in the Buffalo’s head. I’m not sure what caused it, but I think it’s too cool‼️I love it‼️‼️👀‼️👍👍🎯‼️

The "split head" is actually a mis-aligned over-strike. The apparent gash down the middle of the head is actually the edge of the bison's head from the original host coin.

I try and align the obverse over-strike as best I can (even then, some are off a little).
    Since numerous Bison nickels come with some amount of rotated dies, the reverse over-strike tends to fall where it may, sometimes mis-aligned quite a bit more than the obverse.

• Options
    edited April 22, 2023 4:39PM

Yes, I have that one of yours Sir! Gold might break the bank but maybe a consideration for sometime in the future? BTW, your Miss Liberty looks a lot better facially and eagle certainly handled better.

• Options

I’m partial to Dan’s too ‼️‼️🎯👍Dan’s craftsmanship has no equal ‼️‼️👀‼️🎯🎯🎯🎯

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,028 ✭✭✭✭✭

An old customer of mine has informed me that he intends to offer his collection for sale.
    It consists of 2007-2008 Ameros in copper, silver, and gold.

I am not looking to make anything on the transaction(s) - only to bring potential interested parties together.
    Anyone interested can PM me for details.

• Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice insight Dan, thanks for sharing. Came across this post while watching James Cordan’s finale episode 🥲. Were you able to secure this #7?

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    D808LFD808LF Posts: 403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dcarr said:

@coinsarefun said:
    I forgot all about this one and it’s one of my fav’s. Mintage 100 (98 +2 circulated)
    “100TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE FIRST SILVER DOLLARS / COINED AT THE DENVER MINT * 1921 - 2021”
    “RESTRIKE BY … DENVER MINT COIN PRESS / AT … MOONLIGHT MINT | D. CARR”

Some may not realize that this item was inspired by these:

I remember the significance and love your take on it, just couldn't pull the trigger. I really wanted to but there's only so much money to go around. ;)

fka renman95, Sep 2005, 7,000 posts

• Options
    edited April 28, 2023 2:04AM

I was one that didn’t realize the story behind those Morgan presentation pieces until months after I bought mine from you, and I read an article in coin world ……… when I finished reading that article I thought to myself…,. How cool is Dan, and was even happier with my purchase ‼️‼️👍🎯🎯👀👍
    Dan’s tha man‼️‼️👍👍‼️‼️‼️‼️

• Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,672 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:

Does anyone have one for sale? As you know I’m collecting ANA, CSNA, PCNS and more numismatic coin clubs. Would love to add one to the collection

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

>

Does anyone have one for sale? As you know I’m collecting ANA, CSNA, PCNS and more numismatic coin clubs. Would love to add one to the collection

I don't have one .....yet, hopefully a few come available.

• Options
    Mr Lindy Mr Lindy Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2, 2023 11:30AM

Picked one up couple weeks ago from a Numismigo which I mentioned on 420 2023

He had two.
    One was possibly available, now NLA.

Numismigos are fun to Carr shop, as are you Chief !

As I read it, these are available for 2023,24,25 events.

@Bullsitter said:

>

I don't have one .....yet, hopefully a few come available.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file