In honor of gold in the 1850s ... OK now on to the 1880s

Comments

• Options
    1northcoin1northcoin Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@1northcoin said:
    GOLD $2,020.32 (+35.80)

Wow!

Solidly broke the $2,000. barrier this morning.

Will we see another retreat or is this just the beginning of prices staying above the two millennium mark?

Hey buddy
    What you think? 🤠
    Been riding these horses together for awhile. Congratulations and here’s my favorite answer to the burning question “ will it stay above?”

Maybe 😂😂😂🙏👍🏼🤠🎊🎂🎉🎶

GOLD $2,023.87 (+3.20)

Well you certainly called it! :wink:

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks. What’s the old saying “ even a broken clock is correct twice a day “. Silver seems to be dropping to test the level. Gold looks good today. Be kinda fun for it to hold $2000 and over for the weekend. We shall see 🤠

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Thanks. What’s the old saying “ even a broken clock is correct twice a day “. Silver seems to be dropping to test the level. Gold looks good today. Be kinda fun for it to hold $2000 and over for the weekend. We shall see 🤠

It should hold for a bit. It will eventually test the $2000 support. But with the breakout, the pivot should be higher. 1960ish

• Options

$568 spread between gold and palladium 🤨

• Options
    jt88jt88 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭

Today with volume and the price was down a little. Tomorrow is importain for both sides. If bull can push it up again then short will be panicked which might push the price up a lot more.

• Options

The more interesting pricing isn't the spot price. The premiums on silver and gold are widening again. WHOLESALE bid on 90% silver is spot +$6.50. Generic AU pre-33 $20s are at $2300.

• Options

Friday the market will be closed

• Options
    edited April 7, 2023 4:47AM

Awesome way to enter the weekend 😁. I’ve got a silver 2023. Lets see some gold 👍🏼

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:

GOLD $2,000.33 (+8.91)

Well here we are with the weekend past and back to over $2000.00.

• Options

Indeed it did hold. And silver as well. Congratulations 🎉🍾🎊🎈

• Options
    edited April 11, 2023 9:51AM

Yesterday’s back out 2k invalidated the break out. So it needs to try again in order to be able to move higher.

• Options

@jt88 said:
    Yesterday’s back out 2k invalidated the break out. So it needs to try again in order to be able to move higher.

Does today's $2004 at present count?

• Options
    D808LFD808LF Posts: 413 ✭✭✭✭✭

$2021

fka renman95, Sep 2005, 7,000 posts

• Options

@1northcoin said:

@jt88 said:

GOLD $2,004.39 (+12.97)

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭✭✭

When this goes above 2023, we will have to ask @dcarr to strike a few examples representing the future.

A 2026 revolutionary gold seems like something to start working on already for the 250th US anniversary.

• Options

@1northcoin said:

@jt88 said:

The resistance isn't at $2000. It's in the 2010 to 2020 range.

It's still in a rising triangle, but it's near the resistance at the top. It needs to get clear and stay above it to confirm a new range.

• Options

@1northcoin said:

@jt88 said:

Yes but it needs to stay above 2k for at least three trading days. We might need some news to do that.

• Options

Well this is a step in the right direction.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@1northcoin said:

@jt88 said:

It's still in a rising triangle, but it's near the resistance at the top. It needs to get clear and stay above it to confirm a new range.

GOLD $2,018.32 (+14.67)

Definitely threatening.

• Options
    edited April 12, 2023 3:20AM

@1northcoin said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@1northcoin said:

@jt88 said:

GOLD $2,018.32 (+14.67)

Definitely threatening.

Yes. Although it's akin to cheering on the fire so you can collect the insurance. It would be better all around if gold were collapsing to $1500.

• Options
    edited April 12, 2023 12:07PM

Lots of people are watching once they believe gold will stay above 2k and higher, they will be afraid that they might miss the train. They will jump on board that will push the price higher like a snowball.

• Options

Good about this time over 2K, there are not too many hypes, not on the major news which is good. PCGS did not jump out like last time with gift to guess the closing price at certain date. The train is leaving. LOL

• Options

And is silver just gunna hit $26 because it can? It’s been on a steady climb all day 😎

• Options

silver will be 28 soon.

• Options
    edited April 13, 2023 12:10AM

GOLD $2,021.44 (+6.41)

Still nothing to see here. :)

• Options
    edited April 13, 2023 5:24AM

Silver 😁.
    $25.90. Come on little doggie. You can stretch your doggie wings and fly pass $26

• Options

Party time 🥳🎉🎊🍾. $26+.

• Options

GOLD $2,040.15 (+25.12)

Wow, just Wow!

• Options

@1northcoin said:
    GOLD $2,040.15 (+25.12)

Wow, just Wow!

Broke the resistance bands between 2010 and 2027. Should run to 2060 to 2070

• Options
    FrankHFrankH Posts: 819 ✭✭✭✭✭

YAY...WE'RE RICH !!!
    Uh... now what? :D

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

your not rich, your just covering the cost if inflation, it's called preserving wealth

• Options

GOLD $2,039.89 (+24.86)

Hanging in there.

• Options
    edited April 13, 2023 11:01AM

@coinpalice said:
    your not rich, your just covering the cost if inflation, it's called preserving wealth

You're not even doing that year- over- year even if 100% of your assets are in gold. Gold is only up 4% year over year.

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

yes your right, i was going too add that in, but you did it for me

• Options
    batumibatumi Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭

@Goldminers said:
    When this goes above 2023, we will have to ask @dcarr to strike a few examples representing the future.

A 2026 revolutionary gold seems like something to start working on already for the 250th US anniversary.

We may have to start using the Jewish calendar soon as Bidenflation takes the country into the tank.

• Options

@batumi said:

@Goldminers said:

We may have to start using the Jewish calendar soon as Bidenflation takes the country into the tank.

Unnecessary comment. You have been around long enough to know better. Your entitled to your opinion on coins and such but you might want to respect the forum rules. Thanks 🙏

• Options
    mark_dakmark_dak Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 13, 2023 6:37PM

@jmlanzaf said:

@coinpalice said:

You're not even doing that year- over- year even if 100% of your assets are in gold. Gold is only up 4% year over year.

Up just shy of 25% since Oct 14, 2022 ($1645 on 10-14-22, currently at $2045)... arbitrary time comparisons are kind of pointless...

Mark

• Options

@mark_dak said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@coinpalice said:

Up just shy of 25% since Oct 14, 2022 ($1645 on 10-14-22, currently at $2045)... arbitrary time comparisons are kind of pointless...

Mark

Also up 20% over 3 years. And flat over 10 years. And, yes, arbitrary time frames are pointless. But the point remains, no one got rich over this move. Pick any time frame you want.

Fun that you picked October 2022 after recently mocking my September 2022 post which warned of a possible break below 1700. Even when I'm right, I'm wrong. Right?

• Options

Well now
    I’m feeling kinda rich because half my silver bullion I paid $12-18 oz. I guess rich is relative.
    Carry on gentlemen.

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Well now
    I’m feeling kinda rich because half my silver bullion I paid $12-18 oz. I guess rich is relative.
    Carry on gentlemen.

Lol. Well, you can be richER without really being rich.

But time frame matters. Even 100% gain over 20 years is less than savings bonds would have paid.

I've got silver that I paid $7 per ounce. But the real money I made was on the silver I sold at $7, then bought at 6, then sold at 8, then bought at 7.50, then sold at 8.50 etc. I turned it over 50x since the 1990s. It's really hard to make money on silver and gold in a buy and hold strategy. Most 20 to 30 year time frames have pretty low annual rates of returns.

• Options
    edited April 14, 2023 6:56AM

Oooh.... and Ethereum just went past gold and hit 2100

• Options
    edited April 14, 2023 8:56AM

Bounced off the 2060ish resistance and right down through the 2010 support. Could go as low as 1960

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

Considering it was at $3500, you look more and more like a genius every day.

Mark

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Well now
    Carry on gentlemen.

But time frame matters. Even 100% gain over 20 years is less than savings bonds would have paid.

I've got silver that I paid $7 per ounce. But the real money I made was on the silver I sold at $7, then bought at 6, then sold at 8, then bought at 7.50, then sold at 8.50 etc. I turned it over 50x since the 1990s. It's really hard to make money on silver and gold in a buy and hold strategy. Most 20 to 30 year time frames have pretty low annual rates of returns.

I also made a ton on silver, unlike you, I post when I sell to back up my comments. Actually the price of silver took a decent dip after I sold but premiums went up. As of today I was never able to repurchase enough below my sell point to make it worth my while to add back to my silver. Not a problem since I still own some and plenty more gold.

It's also pretty useless trading 5 oz of gold on $20 or 25 swings in price. At some point you'll have to reenter at a higher price point or sit out empty-handed as my silver sales. I would venture a guess that most here adding to this fun thread are not trading on a day-by-day basis. Many or maybe most would probably tell you they are holding gold as an insurance should things hit the fan.

Maybe your useless comments on tomorrow's price of gold would be better received in the precious metals forum, not in a fun thread about gold value and matching coin pictures. From what I have witnessed about your comments over the past four years is you somehow perceive yourself as the smartest guy in the room. Smartest guy in the room would have dumped his ETH @ $3500 and repurchased at $1200. LOL!

Mark

• Options

@mark_dak said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Mark

Lol. It was 800 when I first bought it.

• Options
    edited April 14, 2023 6:23PM

@mark_dak said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Well now
    Carry on gentlemen.

I also made a ton on silver, unlike you, I post when I sell to back up my comments. Actually the price of silver took a decent dip after I sold but premiums went up. As of today I was never able to repurchase enough below my sell point to make it worth my while to add back to my silver. Not a problem since I still own some and plenty more gold.

It's also pretty useless trading 5 oz of gold on $20 or 25 swings in price. At some point you'll have to reenter at a higher price point or sit out empty-handed as my silver sales. I would venture a guess that most here adding to this fun thread are not trading on a day-by-day basis. Many or maybe most would probably tell you they are holding gold as an insurance should things hit the fan.

Maybe your useless comments on tomorrow's price of gold would be better received in the precious metals forum, not in a fun thread about gold value and matching coin pictures. From what I have witnessed about your comments over the past four years is you somehow perceive yourself as the smartest guy in the room. Smartest guy in the room would have dumped his ETH @ $3500 and repurchased at $1200. LOL!

Mark

I've posted some gold sales right on this thread. It really doesn't matter what I post, you'll find an issue with it. So, have at it.

There is really no point in posting my silver sales as I buy and sell it every week. If i did, you'd just accuse me of clogging up the boards or bragging or some other imagined offense.

I make my money on bid/ask spread not buying and holding. That is how 100% of dealers operate. I don't buy it to go up. I buy it and sell it for a $50 spread in a matter of minutes or hours. I have a few things I hold out of personal interest but 95+% of my bullion is in and out in a couple days at most.

As for ethereum, I told you during one of your other attacks that I bought it as pure speculation. I don't trade it. I don't even pay much attention to it.

You might consider that you reaction to me says far more about you than me. Speculating on the current and future direction of spot price seems appropriate and had nothing to do with who's the smartest in the room. But, of course, if you interpret it as such it really is about your cognitive biases. But, again, have at it.

I'm going to just continue to have fun buying and selling... and trying to read the tea leaves based on fundamentals and technical analysis. And I'll be right and I'll be wrong... and you'll always just criticize. But I guess you need a hobby also.

I won't even make fun of you when gold gets back to 1800 because I really don't care what you're doing in your corner of the world.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@mark_dak said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Mark

...and watched it crater from $4600 to under $1100 and probably during that time posted countless portions of your "technical analysis" on the price of gold. That's a lot of $50 spread trades!

And most of my gold I currently hold was purchased under $1100 and some through the $1100 range. Gold is currently near all time highs and your ETH is still under half it's high. As usual you appear to miss the main point. Many here use gold as insurance, a part of a large portfolio of products.

Putting out numbers off a technical chart is senseless. I would bet you could state that gold will go up (or down) on any given day and if you're willing to wait a couple days you will be right either way. I guess sounding smart is important to you. In the future, it's probably better to post those nuggets on the precious metals forum where it might make more sense.

Mark

• Options

@mark_dak said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@mark_dak said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Mark

...and watched it crater from $4600 to under $1100 and probably during that time posted countless portions of your "technical analysis" on the price of gold. That's a lot of $50 spread trades!

And most of my gold I currently hold was purchased under $1100 and some through the $1100 range. Gold is currently near all time highs and your ETH is still under half it's high. As usual you appear to miss the main point. Many here use gold as insurance, a part of a large portfolio of products.

Putting out numbers off a technical chart is senseless. I would bet you could state that gold will go up (or down) on any given day and if you're willing to wait a couple days you will be right either way. I guess sounding smart is important to you. In the future, it's probably better to post those nuggets on the precious metals forum where it might make more sense.

Mark

Again, ETH was simply a long term speculation. I don't watch it or trade it. [Funny that you again are picking arbitrary time frames to make some point after complaining about itc earlier.,]

I've personally acknowledged the insurance aspect, I believe on this very thread. That, of course, is the opposite of the "we're rich" post to which my response created your latest set of criticisms.

Other than the fact that you don't like me, could you explain how my posts are any different than other people's posts asking about whether we'll break $2000 or whether we'll stay above$2000. A lot of people have been making similar posts. This whole thread is full of price speculation... and will continue to be.

At the risk of holding up a mirror for you again, I only started posting the technical analysis when you complained about a predictive post I made. You seemed to want justification for a price point I made.

Prediction: you will complain about this post.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file