Options

Supposed to be expert claims I’m wrong.

124»

Comments

• Options
    MarkKelleyMarkKelley Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BStrauss3 said:

@wheelguy93 said:
    As well i do not need money or handouts from anybody to have a coin graded i have more money then i can spend in my lifetime

Take up skydiving. If you put the same research skills into it that you do into numismatics, a hundred dollars will cover you.

If he takes up skydiving our problems may be over.

• Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    @FranklinHalfAddict Yeah, and I'm thinking about making more of them and making them easier to find. I don't want someone to have to roll search for them, they could get overlooked for quite a while. I'm thinking about putting them in a 2x2 cardboard flip and writing Rare on them and then drop them in the coin shop parking lot or drop them next to the Coinstar machine. This should help speed up the process. ;):p:D

Don't forget to put at least a 6 figure price on those 2x2's.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

@burfle23 said:
    This is incredible for a 1 post wonder!!!

Well, this forum is in high spirited. We are holding hands and laugh like Teletubbies eversince they took away our "disagree" button.
    https://youtu.be/Pt13OAYXhPU

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

@wheelguy93 promise us that you’ll show the results of your submission when it comes back?

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

@burfle23 said:
    Actually this is kind of embarrassing for this forum...

Seems par for the course! :D

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,706 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 11, 2023 6:16PM

@MarkKelley said:

@BStrauss3 said:

@wheelguy93 said:
    As well i do not need money or handouts from anybody to have a coin graded i have more money then i can spend in my lifetime

Take up skydiving. If you put the same research skills into it that you do into numismatics, a hundred dollars will cover you.

If he takes up skydiving our problems may be over.

There's always one to take their place.

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

I knew a guy who thought he knew rattlesnakes so well he decided to take a selfie with it.

He almost died.

True story.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

@wheelguy93 said:

so my coin is on its way to pcgs.

Pony Express or Airmail?

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Steven59 said:

@wheelguy93 said:

so my coin is on its way to pcgs.

Pony Express or Airmail?

Pony express 🙀.
    With a proper kitty aboard 😽

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    FrazFraz Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭

A phone that does not understand I’ll, spells isle; not ill.
    I am envious because ‘93 Vipers are few, and I envision a lifestyle talking coinsmack going down the road in a sonorous roadster.

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Fraz said:

I am envious because ‘93 Vipers are few, and I envision a lifestyle talking coinsmack going down the road in a sonorous roadster.

Aisle?

• Options

@daltex said:

Aisle?

Maybe that is the effect of a bad muffler, I used Radar Love for the noise.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,029 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 11, 2023 7:19PM

@ctf_error_coins said:
    I knew a guy who thought he knew rattlesnakes so well he decided to take a selfie with it.

He almost died.

True story.

Maybe the rattlesnake also knew him...

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@ctf_error_coins said:

He almost died.

True story.

No, bad selfie.

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 11, 2023 7:32PM

@jmlanzaf said:

@ctf_error_coins said:

He almost died.

True story.

It did, it was his "pet" that he had been keeping and he decided to release back into the wild and take one last selfie doing so.

• Options
    124Spider124Spider Posts: 848 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 11, 2023 8:21PM

@daltex said:

@Fraz said:

Aisle?

I'm from Virginia; "all"

• Options
    jonathanbjonathanb Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DeutscherGeist said:
    I really do not know much about Mint errors, but I think I learned something from here. Mint dies would not make an incuse "ONE", it would be a raised one. So, the OP has a penny with an incuse "ONE" where it should not be. This cannot be from a MINT die as a result. What is so hard to understand about this unless I am missing something?

I'm afraid you're missing something. It IS possible to get an incuse image on a genuine mint error. In fact, there are at least two ways I can think of offhand, as a brockage or as a strike-through. The image being incuse BY ITSELF doesn't condemn the coin. The condemning comes from looking at the rest of the strike.

• Options

@bsshog40 said:
    I think elvis has left the room y'all!

Alas, no.

• Options

The title of this thread draws readers more than the usual

@burfle23 said:
    Actually this is kind of embarrassing for this forum...

I agree. We’re civil folk. I ought not do it. I wonder do the moderators see some useful purpose to let these roll? I’ve piled on, at times led, this barrage toward a weaker person. Is there any good to it?

When I read a paragraph that turns into a movie in my head as I dig footers in the clay, and want to write about it, I’m gonna write as long as this old brain can crank it out.

Do I extend any more compassion beyond my guilt? No, I enjoy pestering deluded people in their roadster crises; the younger and stronger, the better.

I like the camaraderie of the folk who share the weakness. It’s more fun when the teachers throw in occasionally. One rant this good per month is fine.

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Fraz
    Your forgetting the OP is above us mere mortals and can not be
    1. Insulted
    2. Questioned
    3. Even approached
    4. I can only imagine how intimidated the folks at our host must be. Rumor has it they have retained Mr. Weinberg himself to consult, nay he’s a mere hooman, it’s a courtesy to Fred, as I’m certain he has never had many opportunities to be in such rarified air as the OP. They intuitively know better than to interrupt such a continuous flow of brilliance and pompousity.
    5. We can only hope someone posts the results.

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

The OP has more money than he could spend in his lifetime. So I would guess his next coin would have to be at least a 7 figure coin. Maybe not parking lot finds are much better to own.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options

@Fraz said:

I agree. We’re civil folk. I ought not do it. I wonder do the moderators see some useful purpose to let these roll? I’ve piled on, at times led, this barrage toward a weaker person. Is there any good to it?

When I read a paragraph that turns into a movie in my head as I dig footers in the clay, and want to write about it, I’m gonna write as long as this old brain can crank it out.

Do I extend any more compassion beyond my guilt? No, I enjoy pestering deluded people in their roadster crises; the younger and stronger, the better.

I like the camaraderie of the folk who share the weakness. It’s more fun when the teachers throw in occasionally. One rant this good per month is fine.

I agree that it's too easy to be mean to folks on a web forum. I left the other TPG's forum in significant part because there were several people who just delighted in abusing newbies. But there are folks who work very, very hard to be abused. OP on this thread is one.

It's one thing to be wrong; it's even ok, IMO, to be terribly wrong (assuming good faith). But it's not ok to be terribly wrong, and aggressively abuse those who tried to help you. That's our OP here. IMO, he deserved all the disapprobation he received.

• Options

@124Spider said:
    disapprobation.

That says it.

This discussion has been closed.