Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The Official 2022 CU BBCE Group Break is Now CLOSED! Please See Last Post for Payment Instructions!

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,567 ✭✭✭✭✭

Updated through CardCollector11, 10/9, 11:23 pm

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@grote15 said:

Looks like I’m missing 2 more 1983 Donruss baseball wax box FASC ($12.38 per pack)

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭✭✭

1972 Opc if available 2 please

• Options
    jersterjerster Posts: 828 ✭✭✭

2nd Round:
    1978 Topps Hockey x 2
    1984 Topps Hockey x 2

• Options

I’ll take 2 more of 81,82,83 Fleer wax if still available.

• Options

Oh, 2 more of 82 donruss wax too.

• Options

@CardCollector11 said:

@grote15 said:

Looks like I’m missing 2 more 1983 Donruss baseball wax box FASC ($12.38 per pack)

All set, thanks for the heads up.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@handyman said:
    1972 Opc if available 2 please

That box is sold out.

• Options

Updated through 84ToppsCollector, 10/10, 12:45 am

• Options
    threeofsixthreeofsix Posts: 565 ✭✭✭✭

Can I ask a really stupid question at this point? Is the excitement in this sort of an opportunity that each person is going to get unopened packs that they really want for their collections? And that’s what they will see when their pack is chosen from the box on live livestream? (And eventually sent to them) Or is there an additional excitement seeing the packs opened and which cards they actually got on live livestream? (And eventually sent to them) Or do they have to wait to get their packs to find out exactly what cards they get?

I’m sorry I don’t know this, but I know people collect for different reasons and I would like to know what the excitement is here if it is related to any of the questions I asked.

Anyway… thanks in advance.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.
    Live long, and prosper.
  • Options

@threeofsix said:
    Can I ask a really stupid question at this point? Is the excitement in this sort of an opportunity that each person is going to get unopened packs that they really want for their collections? And that’s what they will see when their pack is chosen from the box on live livestream? (And eventually sent to them) Or is there an additional excitement seeing the packs opened and which cards they actually got on live livestream? (And eventually sent to them) Or do they have to wait to get their packs to find out exactly what cards they get?

I’m sorry I don’t know this, but I know people collect for different reasons and I would like to know what the excitement is here if it is related to any of the questions I asked.

Anyway… thanks in advance.

Just like people enjoy collecting sets, autographs, slabbed cards, player sets, etc, there are those of us who love collecting unopened packs for our collections.

Many of us who have been collecting unopened for a long time realize the value in saving a lot of these packs from being opened, because of the obvious, they aren’t making them anymore… Except maybe 88 Donruss, lol.

Some folks do rip these packs to Chase cards.

For me this is a good way to get a variety of packs from a reputable source, without having to source all these packs individually.

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will take

2 1982 OPC baseball
    1 1976-1977 OPC Hockey
    1 1979-1979 OPC Hockey

Thanks for putting this together.

Brad

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,553 ✭✭✭✭✭

@threeofsix said:
    ........Or is there an additional excitement seeing the packs opened and which cards they actually got on live livestream? (And eventually sent to them)........

It has always been the practice during these group purchases that BBCE sends every purchase to the buyers to either open, resell or tuck away forever. To my knowledge no packs will be opened by BBCE via livestream for any customer.

• Options
    threeofsixthreeofsix Posts: 565 ✭✭✭✭

@84ToppsCollector and @nam812 Thanks so much for your answers… this makes sense to me!!

(Please know that I also did not want to order 1 and get it and open it and have knowledgable collectors groaning in agony at my stupidity!!)

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.
    Live long, and prosper.
  • Options
    edited October 10, 2022 9:43AM

@nam812 said:

@threeofsix said:
    ........Or is there an additional excitement seeing the packs opened and which cards they actually got on live livestream? (And eventually sent to them)........

It has always been the practice during these group purchases that BBCE sends every purchase to the buyers to either open, resell or tuck away forever. To my knowledge no packs will be opened by BBCE via livestream for any customer.

Correct. CU group breaks predate the "pack breaks" you see on line these days and simply consist of the hobby's most reputable unopened dealer (BBCE) breaking down boxes and shipping individual unopened packs to its participants. In that sense, each collector will receive exactly what they request within this thread. Most of us will likely keep our packs sealed but a few more adventurous souls will have the option to bust their packs open upon receipt and hopefully post their results here, too!

• Options

Updated through brad31, 10/10, 12:36 pm

• Options
    Baez578Baez578 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

82- Fleer
    82 - Donruss
    83 - Donruss

2 more each

• Options

Updated through Baez578, 10/10 11:20 pm

• Options
    MrGMrG Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

Hey Tim,

It has been so long since I have participated in one of these, that I don't remember if Steve's team opens the boxes and pulls the packs in the order that we registered for the pack, or if he just pulls them as he builds a shipment. If you are unsure can you ask Steve?

Thanks,
    Michael

Michael Gaytan (MrG)
    TGF Collection
    TGF Sports
  • Options
    edited October 10, 2022 8:58PM

@MrG said:
    Hey Tim,

It has been so long since I have participated in one of these, that I don't remember if Steve's team opens the boxes and pulls the packs in the order that we registered for the pack, or if he just pulls them as he builds a shipment. If you are unsure can you ask Steve?

Thanks,
    Michael

Hi Michael,

The packs are pulled at random from the boxes during order fulfillment and shipped. Please do not send payment directly to Steve via Paypal as we have done in breaks past as BBCE has a new invoicing system and will send an invoice directly to you once they receive via email your name, CU user name, shipping and email addresses and pack reservations at the conclusion of the break. I will post instructions again later in the week.

• Options
    nendeenendee Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

One more of each please!

Cubs and Purdue Fan - Ouch!

My collecting blog: http://ctcard.wordpress.com
  • Options

Updated through nendee, 10/11, 7:11 pm

Reminder: all remaining boxes open up for unlimited requests at 9 PM EST tonight

• Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm interested in 4 - 1980 Baseball Cello Packs and 4 - 1984 Football Rack Packs. Thanks!!

• Options

I will also take 4 - 1982 Topps Football Cello Packs.

If the 82 Football Cello "empty box" is in strong condition I am interested in it too.

• Options
    balco758balco758 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭✭✭

Please add 2 1980 cells for me.

Thx Tim.

• Options

I would be interested in any of the empty boxes. Thanks again Tim

• Options
    ArchaninatorArchaninator Posts: 822 ✭✭✭

Interested in 72 OPC box, if possible Tim, thanks

• Options
    MrGMrG Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

Hi Tim,

Plz add below
    2-1984 Topps Rack FB (if available)
    16-Golf

Michael Gaytan (MrG)
    TGF Collection
    TGF Sports
  • Options
    1all1all Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

Not sure how you are working the empty boxes this time Tim but I am hoping for the 80 regular cello box.

• Options

Two more of each If possible

1981 Fleer baseball wax box ($5.19 per pack)
    1982 Fleer baseball wax box FASC ($9.88 per pack)
    1982 O-Pee-Chee baseball wax box Tape Intact ($18.13 per pack)
    1982 Donruss baseball wax box ($6.98 per pack)
    1983 Fleer baseball wax box ($8.50 per pack
    1983 Donruss baseball wax box FASC ($12.38 per pack)
    1983 O-Pee-Chee baseball wax box Tape Intact ($25.63 per pac

• Options

Also 5 golf if available

• Options
    1all1all Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

Not sure which 80 cello packs Balco and UFFDAH wants (regular or super) but if there are any regular cello packs left I'll take them. It appears there might be 5 left.

Doug (1all)

• Options

@balco758 said:
    Please add 2 1980 cells for me.

Thx Tim.

Hi Steve,

I put you down for the last 1980 cello pack remaining.

• Options

@1all said:
    Not sure which 80 cello packs Balco and UFFDAH wants (regular or super) but if there are any regular cello packs left I'll take them. It appears there might be 5 left.

Doug (1all)

Hi Doug,

The 1980 baseball cello box is sold out. There are 10 1980 super cello packs left.

• Options

I’ll take the last 7 of the 83 donruss if still available

• Options
    edited October 16, 2022 8:50PM

For empty box requests, you may request one (1) box from which you have reserved packs.

So far:

UFFDAH: 1982 football cello box
    Archaninator: 1972 OPC baseball wax box
    1all: 1980 Topps baseball cello box
    grote15: 1978 Topps baseball cello box
    NJ80sBBC: 1980 baseball super cello box
    flcardtrader: 1976-77 hockey wax box
    jerster: 1978-79 hockey wax box
    84ToppsCollector: 1979 Topps baseball cello box
    mknez: 1983 Donruss baseball wax box
    threeofsix: 1984 Topps football rack box
    Tibbs4: 1983 OPC baseball wax box
    baez578: 1983 Topps baseball cello box

Caveat: the box must be fulfilled for the purpose of this group break in order to be fulfilled and is contingent upon approval be BBCE

• Options

1980 Topps baseball cello box (regular) and 1983 Donruss baseball wax boxes are sold out

• Options

Updated through CardCollector11, 10/11, 9:31 pm

• Options
    flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 790 ✭✭✭

Adding these if possible....

6 x 1981 Fleer @ $5.19 each
    2 x 1983 Fleer Wax Pack @ $8.50 each
    4 x 1983 Topps Football Wax @ $13.13 each
    2 x 1983 Donruss Wax @ $12.38 each

flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Ebay Store
  • Options
    edited October 11, 2022 6:44PM

I'll take last two 1982 Fleer wax packs to close out that box.

1982 Fleer wax box is now sold out

• Options
    flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 790 ✭✭✭

I'll take the 76 hockey box if it is available too please.

flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Ebay Store
  • Options

I'll take the rest of the 81 Golf, 4 of the 80 Baseball SUPER Cellos, 4 more of the 84 Football Racks, and 10 more of the 82 Football Cellos. Thanks!!

• Options

@flcardtrader said:
    Adding these if possible....

6 x 1981 Fleer @ $5.19 each
    2 x 1983 Fleer Wax Pack @ $8.50 each
    4 x 1983 Topps Football Wax @ $13.13 each
    2 x 1983 Donruss Wax @ $12.38 each

Hi Mike, 1983 Donruss is sold out

• Options

Updated through UFFDAH, 10/11, 9:50 pm

1981 Donruss golf box is SOLD OUT

• Options

2 - 84 football racks

• Options

Updated through CardCollector11, 10/11, 10:02 pm

• Options
    tjhorn92tjhorn92 Posts: 37 ✭✭✭

I will take 6 more 78 hockey and 2 of 80 super cello baseball.

Thank you, sir.

• Options

Updated through tjhorn92, 10/11, 10:14 pm

• Options

I’ll take the last two 83 fleer and the remaining 82 donruss

• Options

Updated through CardCollector11, 10/11 10:22 pm

1982 Donruss wax and 1983 Fleer wax boxes are now sold out