Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

[CLOSED] Giveaway: 21st anniversary on the forums (2 drawings)

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 17, 2022 12:59PM in Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

FINAL EDIT: this contest is now CLOSED.

@ajaan won the Latvian coin.
@Aotearoa won the Shield nickel.

Hello, everyone. I was just astonished to win a generous prize in @jessewvu 's 16th anniversary giveaway. It reminded me that not only was some "pay it forward" gesture appropriate, but also that my own 21st anniversary on the forums happens this month.

So here's something for my Darkside friends and something for my Liteside friends.

One entry post per member. Choose either the World/Darkside prize (Latvian coin) or the USA/Liteside prize (Shield nickel). Both are cleaned coins, but not harshly, and each is likely a $60-ish+ piece as-is.

I'll do a drawing for each coin on or shortly after my 21st anniversary (August 17th). Should this be delayed by my absence, you may consider the contest open for entries until such time as I return and announce the drawing.

Prize 1: Latvia: silver 5-lat, 1929, PCGS UNC details, cleaned.
I never noticed the cleaning, myself. This would be a $100-ish coin without it, I believe. It's a lovely piece, regardless. It is a silver dollar sized coin, if you’re not familiar with the type.

Prize 2: USA: Shield nickel, 1869, ANACS EF40 details, cleaned.
Really not bad looking despite the label notation (and these pictures). Numismedia trends $72 in XF. Ex-Julian Leidman. This would be a good Dansco 7070 album coin if cracked out. That's why I bought it, but I ended up using a different one in my 7070.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• zippcityzippcity Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭

Congratulations on your milestone LordM and thank you for the opportunity. (Liteside)

Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- ElKevo- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG- surfinxhi- ZoidMeister- TwoSides2acoin-
  • Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 3, 2022 4:14PM

Congrats, quite a milestone worthy of celebration. Nice prizes to anticipate. The 5 cent is my huckleberry. Have a good day. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• ajaanajaan Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭✭

You joined a month before I did Rob. I like the Latvian coin.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry post [I presume]

Wow, I feel line a newbie compared to you.

I Joined in 2011

Congrats

Frank

BHNC #203

• ffcoinsffcoins Posts: 517 ✭✭✭

Congrats!

• JWPJWP Posts: 17,141 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats. Tomorrow is my 1st anniversary. 21 years is truly a phenomenal milestone. In my short time here your assistance and help has really been wonderful. Thank you for your assistance.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't forget to specify which coin y'all want.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, 21yrs. That means I've been reading your posts for 16 of those. Lol Where does the time go!!! Seems like a good time to try for a first darkside coin. Thank you for the chance!

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on 21 years! Your account is older than me! ;)
    Like the nickel. Thanks for the chance!

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• MarkKelleyMarkKelley Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations! Count me in for the nickel.

• MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on a loooong numismatic life around here!

• MASSU2MASSU2 Posts: 253 ✭✭✭✭

Congrats on your forum account now being able to buy it's own beer. Shield nickel for me please.

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well now. Thanks for a wonderful giveaway and I guess I walk on the dark side. Thanks
    Volumes of knowledge and great giveaways. How do you beat that. 😉🙀😁

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• littlebearlittlebear Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭

Awesome giveaway! Thanks for the chance! And, by all means, congrats on the 21 years!

Autism Awareness: There is no limit to the good you can do, if you don't care who gets the credit.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the great giveaway LordM.... I like the nickel. Congratulations on your anniversary. I am on my 23rd year... I joined in 98 or 99... Then the great reboot of Feb. 2001. Cheers, RickO

• ShaunBC5ShaunBC5 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the chance and congrats on milestone.
    Liteside for me, please.

• Coin_nut1977Coin_nut1977 Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the chance! Congrats!

• WilliamFWilliamF Posts: 832 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, that's a long time! I feel the darkside calling me :)
    Thanks for the chance !!

."It's a dangerous business... going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to" -JRR Tolkien_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Outstanding BST transactions as a seller, buyer and trader with: ----- mustanggt, Kliao, claudewill87, MWallace, paesan, mpbuck82, moursund, basetsb, lordmarcovan, JWP, Coin hunter 4, COINS MAKE CENTS, PerryHall, Aspie_Rocco, Braddick, DBSTrader2, SanctionII, Histman, The_Dinosaur_Man, jesbroken, CentSearcher ------ANA Member #3214817

• RickMilauskasRickMilauskas Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2, 2022 7:05AM

Congrats on your 21st! Mighty nice of you to offer the giveaways.

I'm liking the shield nickel. (but there's no hole in it)

• CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lord “M”, congratulations on 21 years. You are very generous and a great contributor to these forums. In my purchase dealings with you, you have always been very patient and fair. I hope that you will be around for many years to come. :)

My choice would be the Latvian coin. Thank you for the chance!

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,314 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll be a USA lite side guy.
    Thanks for the opportunity @lordmarcovan and congratulations on your 21st anniversary.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry post

You joined 3 weeks after I did (but I forgot I was a member until 2018)

Latvian Coin

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • Aspie_RoccoAspie_Rocco Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lite side/USA
    Thanks for the opportunity! And coingratulations on your tenure here

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,641 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations!

I'm in for the Darkside prize - I love that Latvian design.

Thx!

• ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations on your Longevity 🥰 and Thank you for the opposite!

I love Shield Nickel ❤️ …. none in my possession so far.

• HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations for making it to 21 years on the forum. Where does the time go ? I like that US Nickle.
    Thanks for such a nice giveaway and keep on posting !

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • waisaacswaisaacs Posts: 88 ✭✭

Congratulations, amazing that this venue has been stable and productive for so long. I'm keen on the shield piece. Thanks for the chance.

• AstroJoeAstroJoe Posts: 304 ✭✭✭

Congratulations! Shield Nickel is nice!

Joe

Everything is all right!
  • bigmarty58bigmarty58 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations on reaching 21 years!

Enthusiastic collector of British pre-decimal and Canadian decimal circulation coins.
  • Wow 21years ? I've got like 21 minutes here. Both ends of the spectrum. Congrats! I look forward to sharing and learning from the vets. I like the shield.

• MJ1927MJ1927 Posts: 157 ✭✭✭

Wow, 21 years, or 7,655 days. Did some quick math and with the number of posts you've made here on the forum, that averages to 5.53 posts per day for over two decades - no wonder I always see your name popping up in discussions and comments here :D ! Thank you for the giveaway opportunity, I'd love the shield nickel should I win, and congratulations on the upcoming anniversary!

• JimWJimW Posts: 540 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for your many giveaways and generosity!! I have a bunch of raw jeffs and a few raw buffs, so that nickel would be a welcome new addition :smile:

Successful BST Transactions: erwindoc, VTchaser, moursund, robkool, RelicKING, Herb_T, Meltdown

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MJ1927 said:
    Wow, 21 years, or 7,655 days. Did some quick math and with the number of posts you've made here on the forum, that averages to 5.53 posts per day for over two decades - no wonder I always see your name popping up in discussions and comments here :D ! Thank you for the giveaway opportunity, I'd love the shield nickel should I win, and congratulations on the upcoming anniversary!

I actually got an unintentional haircut and lost about 20K off my post count when they transitioned to this platform in 2016.

• tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulation on 21 years. Latvia please.

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• MaxfliMaxfli Posts: 39 ✭✭

Congrats, Rob, that's a great milestone. You know me — I'm all about the Darkside.

• erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats! The darkside coin would go great in my World Crown Dansco please!

• AotearoaAotearoa Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the shot at the nickel. Congratulations!

Smitten with DBLCs.

• jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on your anniversary. I've only been onboard for 16 years+ but have enjoyed every day of the forum. I would select the Latvian 5 Lat. Thank you for the generous contest.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats! That's a great amount of seniority! I like the Nickel . thanks!

• alaura22alaura22 Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulation on 21 years
    lite side for me
    Thanks for the chance

• deepblue30deepblue30 Posts: 70 ✭✭✭

Congrats on 21 years
    It would have to be the dark side for me.
    Best of luck for many more years.

• TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well done congratulations
    USA/Liteside prize

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

21 years wow. Congrats i will choose the Darkseid. Thanks for the opportunity.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• AdamLAdamL Posts: 165 ✭✭✭

Entry post! Congrats LordM. I could use a Shield Nickel :smiley:

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy 21....the years roll by incredibly fast don't they? I'll throw my hat into the ring for the lite side!

• sylsyl Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

Wow! Nov is my 21st anniversary. How time flies.

• JeffersonFrogJeffersonFrog Posts: 824 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations on your longevity, and your thank you for your benevolence. Darkside

If we were all the same, the world would be an incredibly boring place.

Tommy

• Coin_nut1977Coin_nut1977 Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats! Thanks for the chance!

• CoinHunter4CoinHunter4 Posts: 311 ✭✭✭✭

Congrats on your anniversary! I like the shield nickel... ...Thanks for the chance!

Young Numismatist. Over 20 successful transactions including happy BST transactions with @CoinHoarder, @Namvet69, @Bruce7789, @TeacherCollector, @JWP, @CuKevin, @CoinsExplorer, @greencopper, @PapiNE and @privatecoin

"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing" -Benjamin Franklin

• jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations! I like the Latvian coin :)