Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

[CLOSED] Giveaway: 21st anniversary on the forums (2 drawings)

2»

Comments

• Options
    VTchaserVTchaser Posts: 289 ✭✭✭

Awesome! I'm only 2.5 years into collecting. I like the Latvian coin.

Successful transactions with: robkool, Walkerguy21D, JimW, Bruce7789, massscrew, Jinx86, jonasdenenbergllc, Yorkshireman, bobsr, tommyrusty7, markelman1125, Kliao, DBSTrader2, SurfinxHI, ChrisH821, CoinHoarder, Bolo, MICHAELDIXON, bigtime36, JWP, 1960NYGiants

• Options
    sumduncesumdunce Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭✭

Congrats on 21 years. I like the shield 5c.

• Options
    spyglassdesignspyglassdesign Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats... You can now drink alcohol in the US 🤣

I'd like the Latvian coin simply for the novelty of having a cool foreign coin I don't have.

• Options
    MrLeeMrLee Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭

Congratulations Lord M. I've enjoyed your posts for over two decades. Please never stop.

I have no Shield nickels so I'm going for the Liteside Shield nickel. Thanks for the chance.

:*

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very cool :+1:

I'd go for that Latvian coin, pretty sweet!!

Thanks for the chance!

• Options
    0ronron0ronron Posts: 248 ✭✭✭

Congratulations on your anniversary!
    I like the shield nickel.

Thank you, Heavenly Father, for first loving us.

• Options
    bigtime36bigtime36 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭

August 16 2001: I had just turned 19 a few months prior after graduating high school, I am now 40, man how time flies! Congratulations on such a milestone here, I do have a question, how has the forum changed in the course of 21 years in your experience? Again, congrats and here's to 21 more!

I like the Shield..

Jim

Collect raw morgans, walkers, mercs, SLQ, barber q. Looking at getting into earlier date coins pre 1900s.

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,213 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 6, 2022 3:34PM

@bigtime36 said:
    I do have a question, how has the forum changed in the course of 21 years in your experience?

Wow, I couldn't begin to list all the memories here. I recall posting on 9/11, for example. We've had so many colorful characters over the decades.

Lots will remember when the Open Forum went away. I had mixed feelings about that. I think every forum needs a general discussion area that's not just about coins or whatever the central focus is. That being said, since it was an unruly sort of place that was hard for them to moderate, I can see why they removed it.

Then there was the last big transition in 2016 or thereabouts. First to that interim platform that so many of us disliked, to this one (which I still mildly dislike). My initial hatred of this new forum software was what drove me over to CoinTalk in 2016. I vastly prefer the platform over there. I still spend more of my time over there, but I've started to come back around here more lately. The knowledge base is a bit deeper over here, though there are plenty of experts over there as well. Good people on both sites, of course, and there is a good deal of overlap with people like myself who post in both places.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    GrantuGrantu Posts: 188 ✭✭✭

Wow, 21 years! Congratulations! Both coins are superb.

• Options

@Grantu said:
    Wow, 21 years! Congratulations! Both coins are superb.

Welcome, @Grantu .

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    DrazzilDrazzil Posts: 42 ✭✭

Grats on the milestone! Darkside if you please!

• Options

Welcome, @Drazzil. Nice to see the newer folks come in.

• Options

Congratulations! This is my first post, but I hope to become more active in order to learn more about coins, which in turn allow me to learn more about historical events. I’m new to collecting, I basically started this year and currently have 37 PCGS graded coins - I’m building a silver eagle set and Morgans and Peace dollar sets as well. I like your US coin by the way😁… Thanks for the opportunity, I hope to do the same one day! @lordmarcovan

• Options

@DrQ said:
    Congratulations! This is my first post, but I hope to become more active in order to learn more about coins, which in turn allow me to learn more about historical events. I’m new to collecting, I basically started this year and currently have 37 PCGS graded coins - I’m building a silver eagle set and Morgans and Peace dollar sets as well. I like your US coin by the way😁… Thanks for the opportunity, I hope to do the same one day! @lordmarcovan

I'm honored to have had your first post here, in my thread.

• Options
    CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the Forum @Drazzil & @DrQ !! You'll find some very intelligent members here and some wise guys too....it's a great mix!

• Options

@CoinHoarder Thank you for the warm welcome! 🥳🥳🥳

• Options

Thank you @Onastone! I’ve been navigating the platform and the website seems to be a great place for sharing, learning and open discussion, I have to concur with you and say it seems like a great mix!

• Options

congrats dude.. from your old friend... musky1011... forgot my old password

• Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭

LordM - Congrats! Log time no type....remember than scavanger hunt I went on in 2008 for ya? it was a bust but it was fun!! We scared the crap outta the current homeowner at the time, they thought we were IRIS agents..... :O .....oh yeah LIGHTSIDE!

• Options

@TorinoCobra71 said:
    LordM - Congrats! Log time no type....remember than scavanger hunt I went on in 2008 for ya? it was a bust but it was fun!! We scared the crap outta the current homeowner at the time, they thought we were IRIS agents..... :O .....oh yeah LIGHTSIDE!

That was VERY memorable! Back in '08 that was, as I recall.

• Options

It's my anniversary, so it's time to do the drawings!

Firing up the random number generator now...

• Options

@ajaan won the Latvian coin!

• Options

@Aotearoa won the Shield nickel!

• Options

Congrats, y'all. I will message you for your shipping addresses. Actually, I already know @ajaan 's address.

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,124 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Rob.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    AotearoaAotearoa Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lordmarcovan said:
    @Aotearoa won the Shield nickel!

PM sent. As mentioned, I'm happy to supply an alternative US address if that makes things easier.

Thanks so much!!

Smitten with DBLCs.