Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Ever seen a 59 Bazooka with this much meat?

CUTitORnoCUTitORno Posts: 51

Hey, new to here and didn't find much on this of course... But the red tab isn't there, could it have slipped that far?
Could anyone chime in?
TIA

MM1.jpg

Comments

• bswhitenbswhiten Posts: 212 ✭✭✭

fake

• How can you tell?

• FirstBeardFirstBeard Posts: 460 ✭✭✭

The idea is not to tell the fakers how to fake better. Take the advice - its fake. Welcome to the boards. :)

• CUTitORnoCUTitORno Posts: 51
    edited June 22, 2022 7:25AM

Thanks. So are you suggesting I don't tell more on it's origin? Or how I was lead to believe it might be unique?

Kind of a roller coaster of a story especially if it's fake. But they sure went all out to make it look real. Straight down to the glue and stock photo board it was glued into.

PSA will be able to tell if it could be some sort of crazy proof thought right? I mean, there has been more drastic errors.

• Is the back side of the 59 bazooka wax coated?

• 19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭

Fake

Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CUTitORno said:
    Is the back side of the 59 bazooka wax coated?

I think posting it in it’s entirety would remove any doubt. But yes, that thing is faker than Pamela Anderson’s anatomy…

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

edited June 22, 2022 6:26PM

@1951WheatiesPremium said:

@CUTitORno said:

I think posting it in it’s entirety would remove any doubt. But yes, that thing is faker than Pamela Anderson’s anatomy…

Harder to say when you see this.

I had already taken a thin layer off , and thought it would be worth recording.

edited June 22, 2022 6:25PM

Weird thing to glue it to a 1954 buick skylark stock photo frame card.

@CUTitORno said:

After video, it’s even more certain it is a fake.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

edited June 22, 2022 6:54PM

@CUTitORno said:

After video, it’s even more certain it is a fake.

25% of the card shops in my area agree with you, and 75% of them don't agree, and said the 1 guy was a jerk, lol... No offense, just trying to get to the bottom of it.

• @CUTitORno said:

It is common for eBay scammers to glue a counterfeit or reprint card to cardboard or a piece of paper in an attempt to hide the back which would be spotted as bogus immediately.

• @1963ellsworth22and10 said:

@CUTitORno said:

It is common for eBay scammers to glue a counterfeit or reprint card to cardboard or a piece of paper in an attempt to hide the back which would be spotted as bogus immediately.

Okay then. Can we agree there are at least 2 types of backs, and/or 2 types of boxes, yellow and white. Maybe from different manufacturers?
    Notice yellow mantle box looks unwaxed, white boxes all look like the one in question. The other yellow box looks darker.......
    all psa photos. and there are more to compare.

edited June 22, 2022 7:29PM

@1963ellsworth22and10 said:

@CUTitORno said:

Interesting... You'd think they'd want you to see how much work they put into the back of this thing.

That little speck is on the Top right corner of the card. upper right of face

• Here's the only bazooka material I have for more comparison.

• Which oddly seems to have the same trend on the 69. Waxed and unwaxed versions...

edited June 22, 2022 7:56PM

@1963ellsworth22and10 said:

@CUTitORno said:

Are you saying there is only one back?
    Here's 2- 59 Mays on ebay right now.

• Here's a zoom of the edges all over.

edited June 22, 2022 9:23PM

size references

edited June 22, 2022 10:51PM

Haphazardly printed tab with lots of room.

edited June 22, 2022 11:03PM

Last thought... I'm a handyman, recently turned reseller and storage hunter. I have done a lot of repetitive installations like tile... where if you are 1/16 inch off on 5 tiles in a row, you get way out of whack when you get to the end.

The centering of the "card" is off as a whole towards the bottom. The red line is down a notch, the yellow is showing across the entire card, so it's off there too. There is 3 instances of nearly 1/16 each of play.

Theoretically.

edited June 23, 2022 1:45AM

For the record, and kinda back on the original topic... this things neat.

Arrived flopping around in an over-sized box with "guard" assembled in some sort of incorrect fashion. With the last customers tape on the amz0n box. Ripped the guard off straight away of course. But bought this for the occasion, and yehaww they aren't cheap. I was hell bent on this thing being real, I wasn't messing around. You can literally slice a 128th or more of an inch like a hair with this beast.

• This would be a good question too. How much rarer are the 25 piece boxes vs the 20... Yellow vs white... so forth.

Real, raw and beat up:

@CUTitORno

See above - hope it helps

edited June 23, 2022 7:24AM

@CUTitORno

Please elaborate, what am I looking at compared to one that's been hung on the wall it's whole life.

@CUTitORno said:

I think posting some close-ups would remove any doubt.

Though seeing how hard they had to write on the back with a pen, you can tell it didn't write very well where they doubled up the ink lines, and must've been a waxy surface. unlike the mays above which you could write easily on that texture.

@CUTitORno said:

@CUTitORno

Please elaborate, what am I looking at compared to one that's been hung on the wall it's whole life.

@CUTitORno said:

I think posting some close-ups would remove any doubt.

Though seeing how hard they had to write on the back with a pen, you can tell it didn't write very well where they doubled up the ink lines, and must've been a waxy surface. unlike the mays above which you could write easily on that texture.

You are looking at a high resolution scan of legitimate example. I posted it to help you so you could compare it your own card and make a better decision as to its authenticity.

You have had multiple people attempt to help you here by telling you that what you have is a reprint. Not a particularly good one, either.

But at this point, you seem confident you’ve got the real deal. The cost of sending it in to PSA is expensive and you could be charged even if it’s determined to be a fake. So send it in and keep us all posted.

Good luck.

• And since we're keeping all the variables consistent, here is on dark background.

• CakesCakes Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CUTitORno said:
    For the record, and kinda back on the original topic... this things neat.

Arrived flopping around in an over-sized box with "guard" assembled in some sort of incorrect fashion. With the last customers tape on the amz0n box. Ripped the guard off straight away of course. But bought this for the occasion, and yehaww they aren't cheap. I was hell bent on this thing being real, I wasn't messing around. You can literally slice a 128th or more of an inch like a hair with this beast.

I like those until they get dull. Here is a thread about cutting cards:

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1076822/help-cutting-uncut-sheets#latest

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • @CUTitORno said:

Correction Not literal wax, but a texture/paint/ink whatever it is (*as shown in zoomed photos above), maybe has to do with food grade cardboard. It allowed me to barely soften the backing and it peeled right off with a spinning q-tip action.

I almost licked the card, since I read somewhere they used a sugar paste dabbed with their finger to put cards in albums since there were no plastic holders.

• dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭✭

If you submit to PSA, let us know the results. We are all curious.

> [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • @1951WheatiesPremium

Wasn't trying to sound snarky, I thought hopping over to a large community tied to PSA's website, that I'd surely get some opinion backed by wisdom before I forked over $3000+ to deal with this thing. As for confidence, it's no boost to hear it's fake, but without educated feedback, or any presentation opposing my evidence, kind of leaves the screen door flapping in the wind.

Thanks for the support.

@CUTitORno said:
    @1951WheatiesPremium

Wasn't trying to sound snarky, I thought hopping over to a large community tied to PSA's website, that I'd surely get some opinion backed by wisdom before I forked over $3000+ to deal with this thing. As for confidence, it's no boost to hear it's fake, but without educated feedback, or any presentation opposing my evidence, kind of leaves the screen door flapping in the wind.

Thanks for the support.

You are most welcome; I try to help everyone but I can’t make someone help themselves.

And for the record, you got a very clear answer here at the CU forums; you simply don’t like it and that part I can understand. Here’s the recap of everyone’s answer who took the time and who weighed in (performed by Julia Louis-Dreyfus):

Simply put, a new guy comes on here and asks for help, gets it and then protests the answers at least once a month. I typically try to help if I have relevant knowledge or say nothing if I don’t. While @bswhiten probably has me beat, I know Mickey’s issues pretty well myself as it’s been a lifelong obsession…

…and I’m still willing to help you further. But honestly, I think you should just take us at our collective word - there’s a ton of good people here and no one is out to get you.

• @1951WheatiesPremium
    I appreciate that, I could really use the help.

But not with another reference with no 59 in it! lol... JK... kinda. Impressive set no doubt.

Cam footage of me registering my account here, and leaving an open invite for debate.

• Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CUTitORno said:
    And since we're keeping all the variables consistent, here is on dark background.

That’s a reprint.

Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
    edited June 23, 2022 11:02PM

1200 DPI Resolution (zoom in)

So you don't even own this yet? You are looking to purchase it for $3K? Based on the feedback here, I think you should pass. I just thought you were wondering if you should pay the fee to submit it to PSA.

> [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
    edited June 23, 2022 9:22PM

If you haven't read the thread, then how can you just agree? lol... There has been no feedback, except... people saying trust them, they know everything there is to know with no explanation other than they are .02 from being knocked out of the top ten on the Mantle Registry.

• gemintgemint Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think you'll get people to divulge why they identify it as a reprint for the reason already stated - They don't want to tip scammers on how fakes are identified to make it easier for them to make better fakes.

edited June 23, 2022 9:57PM

@CUTitORno said:
    If you haven't read the thread, then how can you just agree? lol... There has been no feedback, except... people saying trust them, they know everything there is to know with no explanation other than they are .02 from being knocked out of the top ten on the Mantle Registry.

I have read the thread completely and have commented a few times. You have made it sound throughout the thread as if you already own it.

My take is this: If you own it, send it in, it's not much of a financial risk. If you don't own it yet, do not spend $3K on this. If you don't like our recommendations, then do whatever it is you want to do.

You came asking about the huge gap between the dashed line and the red ad. Did anyone give you a great reason for how that could have happened and the card still be legit?

Also, I've been in this group for over 15 years and I don't ever remember this group saying something was a fake, then being proven wrong.

>

edited June 23, 2022 10:21PM

Its okay... They always say, you never quit learning, no matter your experience.
    It's weird though, there isn't really another to compare to.

But this is worth noting...

What's the indentations on the very outside of the boxes upper right.
    Some complete boxes show the indentations at the bottom doted lines too, on the right side only?

edited June 23, 2022 10:26PM

About where the top of the "CUT ON LINE" text is, or where the PSA 7 would be cut at. Like clamp marks during manufacturing.

• Thanks everyone, guess we'll see.
    A good thread would save some people a whole lot of grief in the future on the elusive 59's.
    ✌😍👍

• 1200 DPI