Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Another Weekend, Another Whackadoodle Trollfest

OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why is it that the weekends seem to draw out all of the whackadoodles and trolls? It seems particularly worse this weekend and it isn't even a full moon.

Good luck to the Admins/Mods on cleaning up the nonsense.

Member of the ANA since 1982

Comments

• Options
    GulfRastaGulfRasta Posts: 150 ✭✭✭

What's wrong lol. Come on feller. Pretend you're young. Buying coins retail. Planning the future. That's what I'm doing. I'm mad it's Sunday and I can't go to the coin store.
    What could you do on a Sunday. Get $20 worth of quarters at the laundromat and hope? I don't know of an area coin store near here open on Sundays. I'm in Alabama. We have old blue laws. Jesus and stuff.

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GulfRasta said:
    What's wrong lol. Come on feller. Pretend you're young. Buying coins retail. Planning the future. That's what I'm doing. I'm mad it's Sunday and I can't go to the coin store.
    What could you do on a Sunday. Get $20 worth of quarters at the laundromat and hope? I don't know of an area coin store near here open on Sundays. I'm in Alabama. We have old blue laws. Jesus and stuff.

any numismatist worth their salt knows what sundays are good for. ;)

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here I was hoping to pick up some coins Monday. Just to find out the Post Office will be closed tomorrow. What a load of BS. Settle in for a long weekend.

• Options

@Batman23 I will lobby for something for the coin community besides an overpriced coin that sort of looks cool.
    Apologies. Going to work with the Caribbean college girls now.
    You should see them. And their coins. Dominican Republic this month.

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm all about girls and coins! I like women, I like coins, I like women on my coins. Bats, yes I like bats on my coins too. Have you seen that awesome quarter from 2020. I'm just waiting for the right MS S mint to come along. The best thing is those are girl bats on those quarters. Well, it at least acts motherly so at a minimum it identifies as a girl bat. So it's all good. Girls, coins, bats. who can ask for more... except for business to be open and running normal on Monday.

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    Yep, it's almost like there is an idiot contest going on.

i knew it felt like home for a reason when i showed up!

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LanceNewmanOCC said:
    i knew it felt like home for a reason when i showed up!

You would need to hit yourself in the head about a dozen times with a hammer to stay in the contest. ;)

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,576 ✭✭✭✭✭

What ever it is it should be painful, jmo

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,848 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GulfRasta said:
    @Batman23 I will lobby for something for the coin community besides an overpriced coin that sort of looks cool.
    Apologies. Going to work with the Caribbean college girls now.
    You should see them. And their coins. Dominican Republic this month.

You should gather together every bit of sanity you can muster and lobby congress for an MLK commemorative coin program, or lobby the USPS for a stamp series on the Undergound Railroad, for example.

• Options
    edited June 19, 2022 2:30PM

@JBK or. We make our own that are better than the US governments. Think big or go home.
    Have you ever designed a token? What do I need? How do I make it profitable. And say I want to donate a portion of the proceeds. Get celebrity endorsements. Voodoo mojos. NFC capabilities. Rare earth base. Titanium.
    And so on. When you're crazy there's no limits.
    https://www.elementsales.com/ecoins.htm

Tellrillium I think that's hard to spell. US token.

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,819 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 19, 2022 4:54PM

I'm guessing that gulf rat will be gone soon (sadly to return under another name just as soon), the good news is slick and others seem to have made this home so there will be plenty of trolling for the coming weeks/years.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kinda has a Twitter vibe lately. Basement level trolls.

MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.
  • Options
    RelaxnRelaxn Posts: 885 ✭✭✭✭

@clarkbar04 said:
    Kinda has a Twitter vibe lately. Basement level trolls.

On one hand I do feel for some of them... I started with no experience but I learned to ask the right questions and to study my ass off.
    The internet has become the beggars cup... Of time, Money and knowledge...

• Options
    burfle23burfle23 Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 21, 2022 5:04PM

• Options
    edited June 21, 2022 5:04PM

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pinging Heather ……. This kinda drama always takes place on Saturday 🤔
    As the world turn

• Options

Yeah and don't write me off just yet. I'm going to bed. I have Juneteenth tomorrow but beforehand if the coin store is open, I'll buy something. A US coin.

• Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GulfRasta said:
    And so on. When you're crazy there's no limits.

This ^

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,176 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GulfRasta said:
    Yeah and don't write me off just yet. I'm going to bed. I have Juneteenth tomorrow but beforehand if the coin store is open, I'll buy something. A US coin.

Blood coin?

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems I have missed all the action... been busy this weekend, work, family, fun.... Oh well, just not enough time to do everything. ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    edited June 21, 2022 5:05PM

• Options
    SlickCoinsSlickCoins Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

More like the lack of showing professionalism. JMO

• Options

@Oldhoopster You should have done a "Troll Poll" so we could vote on who is the biggest troll. ;):D

• Options
    OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    @Oldhoopster You should have done a "Troll Poll" so we could vote on who is the biggest troll. ;):D

I'm sure admin would poof that thread.

I decided just to report these posts through the flag tab. If enough members report these obvious trolling posts and non-numismatic threads, hopefully admin will do something. (putting voodoo mojo on coins, give me a break. Wouldn't that be considered religious content?)

Hopefully, the trolls don't deter expert members from posting. People like Jack Young provide incredible information to the numismatic community. It would be an absolute shame if he bailed, or cut back on this site due to a troll

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • Options

"I'm sure admin would poof that thread."

They are gonna have to poof a few...... it's just one more click. :p:D>:)

• Options
    mr1931Smr1931S Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭✭✭

You should have done a "Troll Poll" so we could vote on who is the biggest troll.

Test the system. Even if poof were to happen (odds are long that it would is my observation based on my 20 year experience on this board), poofed thread here is not among life's greatest tragedies.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,098 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mr1874 said:
    You should have done a "Troll Poll" so we could vote on who is the biggest troll.

Test the system. Even if poof were to happen (odds are long that it would is my observation based on my 20 year experience on this board), poofed thread here is not among life's greatest tragedies.

Do you think that such a thread/poll would be within the posted PCGS rules and guidelines? If so, I suggest you read or re-read them. And if not, why post something you know isn't appropriate? That was meant to be a rhetorical question.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options

@mr1874 You would have been included. ;)

• Options
    clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 20, 2022 1:14PM

@SlickCoins said:
    More like the lack of showing professionalism. JMO

You came to a free forum expecting professionalism?

Nobody owes you s%#t.

MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.
  • Options
    edited June 20, 2022 1:21PM

@clarkbar04 I'm Rasta. We all owe each other all. What does that mean? How much time have you got.
    I have to make this about coins. US Coins. I've made so many people mad they won't comment on my new dollar. It's a 63. They snob those too. I paid too much too. I'm bad at that part. I was trying to have it Hoodooed. I was going to put up a link. Hoodoo coin services. For entertainment and user experience purposes only. These services are not actually magical.

• Options

Well here's the problem.
    Look at these Hoodoo Lady hours. Are you noticing this coin people. Way better hours than coin folks.
    " Monday Closed
    Tuesday Closed
    Wednesday 3–8PM
    Thursday Closed
    Friday 3–8PM
    Saturday 10AM–12PM
    1:30–5PM
    Sunday Closed
    "
    https://conjuresouth.com/

I'm definitely going to meet with coins and get them Hoodooed.
    Il probably have the only Hoodooed coins on this site..
    And folks call me cray cray.

• Options
    edited June 21, 2022 5:06PM

• Options
    edited June 20, 2022 2:11PM

@burfle23 . An enthusiast or fanatic you don't like or agree with.
    I start stuff. It's what I do. Yeah. It often doesn't help me either.

• Options
    mr1931Smr1931S Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ifthevamzarockin said:

Included in what?

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

• Options
    edited June 20, 2022 2:58PM

In VooDoo circle?

@mr1874 said:

@ifthevamzarockin said:

Included in what?

• Options
    edited June 20, 2022 2:59PM

• Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,044 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Swami knows all and sees all:

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television