Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Man ! If I had the money I would get this from Northeast Numismatics

1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,774 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 17, 2022 4:03PM in U.S. Coin Forum

If I had the money I would buy this from @nencoin :)
Gold Half Eagle 1908-1929 Set of 24 PCGS MS62 $149,500
A complete set of $5 Indians is just not something you see every day. An impressive set to say the least. All graded MS62 by PCGS with the exception of the 1909-O, which is an AU58 CAC. Includes all mints, semi-keys and key dates. PCGS Price Guide is $155,500.

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

Comments

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 19,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a beautiful set

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options
    rokkyrokky Posts: 308 ✭✭✭✭

OMG! That probably took quite some time, and definitely took quite some money. WOW…

• Options
    SeatedTonersSeatedToners Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

I got the email today about that set. It’s beautiful!

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,331 ✭✭✭✭✭

Half the fun and pride is in building it yourself. Still a very impressive ready made collection.

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 17, 2022 6:01PM

@Smudge said:
    Half the fun and pride is in building it yourself. Still a very impressive ready made collection.

How about this, as I do not like the grade MS62.

Buy this set. Work on upgrading every MS62 with an AU58. Sell the MS62's as replaced.

Gives you something to hunt for while having a nice set.

• Options
    hfjacintohfjacinto Posts: 770 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got the same email and drooled all over my laptop and it crashed and now sadly I can't order the set.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,707 ✭✭✭✭✭

What a good thing to look at all day in the man cave 🙂

• Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wouldn't ever do business with them myself. To each their own.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just one would do, and if I had to choose, even though I do not know the type, it would be the 1909-O AU58 CAC for my Everyman Type Set.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

That offering for sure made me pause!

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

Needs more stickers and old green but the keys are good...............

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

What a display! ❤️
    Now I know …. At least for tonight 🤔 what a dream made of 🥰

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a very impressive set of gold coins. And Northeast is a good source. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

Neat set offered by a great company to work with.

• Options

@NDcoin99 said:

@DelawareDoons said:

I’m curious as to why not? I’ve only had good experiences with Northeast.

Every time I even mention it I get warned by the mods so...

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    MarkMark Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very cool set. Individually each coin is nice. Together, they are impressive.

I don't collect these, so does anyone have any idea about how long it would take to put this collection together?

Mark

• Options
    CryptoCrypto Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DelawareDoons said:

@NDcoin99 said:

@DelawareDoons said:

I have done maybe 20k in deals with them and always get straightforward and pleasant transactions and I am no way a reg or known to them. Maybe it was you or just the moon in the wrong position

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DelawareDoons said:

@NDcoin99 said:

@DelawareDoons said:

That's what private messages are for.

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options

@Crypto said:

@DelawareDoons said:

@NDcoin99 said:

@DelawareDoons said:

I have done maybe 20k in deals with them and always get straightforward and pleasant transactions and I am no way a reg or known to them. Maybe it was you or just the moon in the wrong position

It happened to somebody I know, not me. It's a case of pure, unadulterated greed.

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭✭✭

All eye candy for me. <3
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    CryptoCrypto Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DelawareDoons said:

@Crypto said:

@DelawareDoons said:

@NDcoin99 said:

@DelawareDoons said:

It happened to somebody I know, not me. It's a case of pure, unadulterated greed.

Just be carful defaming a well respected dealer on a 2nd hand story. There are two sides to every story and while opportunistic capitalism isn’t unknown while buying and selling neither is hurt feelings, unrealistic expectations and revisionist outrage.

• Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Broadstruck said:
    Wish it was all non-pronged OGH's :)

Me too. Just 4 of 24 in old slabs. I mean if we’re gonna nitpick 😆

• Options
    giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 1929 is out of order the 1929 is out of order the 1929 is out of order the 1929 is out of order put it back put it back put it back put it back.

Whew! Still out of order still out of order still out of order still out of order

VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 18, 2022 10:50AM

You might not like the MS-62 grade, but it's hard to get $5 Indians in true MS-63 and really hard for anything higher than that for any date including the common ones.

This is a set I would have to see in person. If there are any miscues, especially for the 1929, it is a concern.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    mavs2583mavs2583 Posts: 200 ✭✭✭✭

I got the email and didn't really look at the coins, I didn't want to feel bad for not being able to afford them :( lol. They're one of my go to companies for coins, many high quality examples for the grade, and almost daily updated inventory.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

The incuse Indian....wonderful seeing a set like this! Just one of these is on my list of desired coins!!

• Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great set. WOW!

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    smuglrsmuglr Posts: 407 ✭✭✭

I believe the 1929 is placed out of order in the photograph.

:)@giorgio11

• Options
    fathomfathom Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

As has been mentioned trying to find some of the tougher dates in eye appealing mint state is challenging.

Personally, in hand evaluation would be necessary. What a cool set and a great store of value IMO.

• Options
    AvocetAvocet Posts: 227 ✭✭✭✭

Holy smokes-- Wow! What a special collection-- nice to see it intact....

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭

that is a nice group but if I had $150 K to spend on coins, I could come up with different things I would buy

• Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 19, 2022 1:45PM

If I aspired to own such a set, I would prefer to build it myself incrementally. Selecting one's own coins is part of the fun and brings satisfaction once complete.

I think many here are mistakenly in love with the idea of owning a set full of OGH ers, yet this set is full of anniversary green holders. Not the same thing.

Edited: removed unkind comment.

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    fathomfathom Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't care about the plastic. Like the full set.

The full set is significant in mint state, The '09-O is difficult but not impossible, and that is something to shoot for.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file