Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Who's going to the 2022 National Money Show this weekend in Colorado Springs, CO?!

KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will be...maybe Friday, maybe Friday and Saturday.
Driving from the Denver area...Saturday will almost be a motorcycle day!

How do the folks who have never met spot each other?
I'll be putting Kurisu on my name tag since that's my name in every single forum.

Looking forward to a fun adventure and meeting a bunch of folks I never have in person!

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, I will not be there.... However, I look forward to your detailed show report, including pictures, who you met, what you purchased, what you sold and prices/movement of gold.... Perhaps a picture of the wine with dinner as well. ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    edwardjulioedwardjulio Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 9, 2022 10:07PM

Unable to attend. 2' of wet snow this morning.

End Systemic Elitism - It Takes All Of Us

• Options

@ricko said:
    Well, I will not be there.... However, I look forward to your detailed show report, including pictures, who you met, what you purchased, what you sold and prices/movement of gold.... Perhaps a picture of the wine with dinner as well. ;) Cheers, RickO

Well...all that stuff except what I sold. I have no table, but if the correct discussions come up I might come back the next day with something to sell/trade with someone :smiley:

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options

Not going. Too long a drive.

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,074 ✭✭✭✭✭

Way too far for me.

• Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,955 ✭✭✭✭✭

Count me in!

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:

What if he eats dinner at McDonalds? Wine may not go well with the Filet of Fish. :)

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

@BLUEJAYWAY .... In the many years I have been studying and researching the topic of wine and food, I have found that wine goes with everything. ;):D Cheers, RickO

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

Best days to attend will be Thursday and Friday. Saturday at most shows that end on Saturday will be a non event. Most dealers will have left by noon. Check the weather, will be cold. Safe travels.

• Options
    Pnies20Pnies20 Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’d like to go. My aunt lives there. Just too far for me.

BHNC #248 … 108 and counting.

• Options
    RockyMtnProspectorRockyMtnProspector Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm already here! Table 424

GSAs, OBW rolls, Seated, Walkers. Anything old and Colorado-focused, CO nationals.

Gonna get me a $50 Octagonal someday. Some. Day.
  • Options
    ndeaglesndeagles Posts: 324 ✭✭✭✭

Drive safe to anyone coming in today, roads are slick and it's cold.

• Options
    DrDarrylDrDarryl Posts: 585 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dan Carr 1 of 10 for Money Talks presentation. Yes, mine is #1.

• Options
    CrackoutCrackout Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DrDarryl said:
    Dan Carr 1 of 10 for Money Talks presentation. Yes, mine is #1.

Awesome!

• Options
    edited March 10, 2022 7:29PM

@ndeagles said:
    My first national show was a good time a little overwhelming seeing so many dealers and coins in one place. Will not be my last and I'm returning tomorrow with the kid.

Here we're some pictures, I enjoyed the exhibits and mostly looking at all of the coins.

I went to this show searching for one coin and I found it!

I'm getting excited :smiley: Thanks for the pics/post!!!

Coins are Neato!

• Options

Got a zoom meeting this morning and then headed to the springs...hope to be there around noon.
    Tomorrow I can get there earlier.
    Considering what goodies to bring with me :smiley:

Coins are Neato!

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,887 ✭✭✭✭✭

Disappointed I had to cancel.
    Had three nights at the Broadmoor booked since last May @$150 per but a really sweet booking for my music came my way for tomorrow.
    I hope everyone has fun in Colorado Springs and I'm looking forward to reports.
    I'm hanging fire until PNNA.

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

For those who are going, please more pictures for us who are not.
    Would like to see your new finds.
    Let us know what is selling especially the price of bullion.
    Thanks in advance.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    Mr Lindy Mr Lindy Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 11, 2022 2:56PM

I went yesterday.
    Had this ODD item on hold for inspection and pick up:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/255314022388?

& Bought this CURIOUS item

Shopped around my 2014 First Strike 1964-2014 Kennedy 3/4 ounce 24k gold in PCGS PR69 Deep Cameo First Strike.

Offers were $500 under spot, 94% spot, spot and $10 over spot.

I learned USA gold bullion in slabs has zero numismatic premium.

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

Enjoyed the pictures. Great report.

• Options

@Kurisu .... Marvelous report.... Glad you had a great show (and look forward to day 2 report). Super pictures as well. You did not show a picture of your Bronco coin.... Maybe today. Check out the bullion market as well.
    Thanks for a great report... almost like being there... Cheers, RickO

• Options

@Kurisu Thanks for a fantastic report.
    Your pictures made me feel like I was at the show peering into each display case.
    Thanks also for PMing me about the listing.
    I too would appreciate seeing a picture of one of those Bronco coins and look forward to your next report.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    FloridafacelifterFloridafacelifter Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kurisu Thanks for the report and awesome pics- I want to see this Bronco coin as well- and more pics!

• Options
    JW77JW77 Posts: 461 ✭✭✭✭✭

enjoyed the report and all the great pics
    thank you

• Options
    1Bufffan1Bufffan Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

Thank You for all the pictures, like they say a picture is worth a thousand words and I think you more than covered that. looked like a Lot of silver being offered wished I could have been there to see it all. Great show report!

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,074 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for your great report. Wish I could have been there.

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m in Granby and would be very interested in your coin. Pictures and availability. Thanks James

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

When my cousin, Charles R. Russ left the Air Force from Cheyenne Mtn., He took a position at the Broadmoor.
    Fabulous 5*. Safer than the Vatican.

Have a nice day
  • Options
    nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭✭✭

Super report.
    Looks like fun!
    Thank you so much :-)

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

• Options
    RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,374 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you, Kurisu, for the wonderful show report with such great pictures!

An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

• Options

Wow thanks for the kudos on my report...love being in a position to share, and enjoying the sharing :smiley:
    Ok...
    Day 2 of the show I really wanted to go early so I could do a large PCGS submission!
    Something I've spoken about more than once during the last couple years and and this is one of the reasons I was so excited to get to the show.

My day started with a fantastic coin moment...

My morning had...issues.
    Things went slowly...
    Then realized I needed gas too, ran in and bought some jerky with a $5.
    He dropped the 50 something cents in my hand and I did my usual thing, didn't close my hand and walked away.
    Got outside and saw that he handed me these!

Ummm, what?! Lol. Leaned over and grabbed a flip that happened to be in my bag with my PCGS submission stuff.
    Cool Panamanian cion that is exactly the size of a quarter and this insane Maya quarter, I mean for having been plopped in my hand under other coins, it's ridiculous! I also have a new appreciation for this Maya coin, it's just lovely. Took these pics when I got home.

Got driving at about 10:15 in the morning.

Got back to the show at 11:30 and PCGS still had a full table so I had to wait a bit anyway. I was also recognized from the evening before when I stopped by at closing time to tell them I'd be back early the next day, doh! That didn't happen for me.

I was basically the last person at our host's table on day 2 and they were so patient and so helpful. I genuinely can't say enough because this had been a long time coming and assistance in person was so much preferred for me!
    My order was pretty large. Well as a non-dealer I thought it was lol. Finally woohoo!!!

And at the same time they had a CONSTANT flow of young numismatists and families finding their table on a treasure hunt that was pretty cool and clearly fun for the kids. A super nice gentleman named Joe handed out A LOT of sample slabs to all those YNs as well as a bunch of sweet coin info for the groups.

I had some coins for grading, some crossovers, and an error. By the way, the error was the D over horizontal D nickel I won from @joeykoins right here in this forum :smiley: I couldn't care less what it grades, it's going to be sweet to keep it as something really neato and special to me that's connected so directly to this forum and the coin community as a whole :blush: Thanks Joey.

Wonderfully helpful people at our host's table, thank you.
    ...So someone at the PCGS table got a Broncos coin who also happens to enjoy football a bunch it sounds like :blush: Likely now the only PCGS employee who owns one lol.

Well it was great to get that done but a bunch of the dealers had packed up already but I made some quick fun rounds.
    Got to meet @RockyMtnProspector :smiley: He was plenty busy and making a sale as I walked up!
    It was really a pleasure meeting you and also putting a face to the name.
    Guess who now also owns a Broncos coin? :wink:

Saw that Payton at Classic Kid Coins hadn't left yet either. Went over there and showed him a dozen or so other coins I had brought with me...he really liked two of them. Sold.
    We did a quick money shot for fun, I won't divulge the deal but I tell you I gave him a good deal on the spot and good for him!

Payton was a complete gentleman and he's also a Coloradan...why not, left him with a Broncos coin too :smiley:

It was a good productive satisfying day!

For those who wanted to see more of the Broncos coins...
    Also a while ago I did a really thorough post here in the forum on how I got them in the first place - https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1054685/broncos-mile-high-stadium-coins-tokens-anyone-here-document-this-kind-of-stuff

Coins are Neato!

• Options

I almost forgot...
    I didn't want to leave out my wonderful experience meeting Doug, Curator/Museum Director for ANA. I had brought a coin I've posted here before. It's a Flying Eagle cent I pulled from a roll, pretty, but not looking right.

My timing was spectacular. Doug was quickly available and took a serious look at the coin. I'm blanking out on the name he mentioned but told me there would be some real interest in it. Fantastic to contribute to the ANA archive.
    So just want to thank Doug for taking a few minutes with me on the spot as I was leaving, lovely.

Coins are Neato!

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is that Flying Egle an Electro-Type?

• Options

@amwldcoin said:
    Is that Flying Egle an Electro-Type?

Doug has my info and I'll be in touch...so I'm pretty sure I'll get to find out what their research says.

Coins are Neato!

• Options

Just out of curiosity for those with experience dropping off grading orders at shows...
    Any idea about how long it takes PCGS to get all those orders entered?

I'm guessing that gigantic safe full of orders was on it's way back from Colorado to PCGS pretty quickly...
    Just wondering if anyone has a sense of when I'll see my orders show up in my account? 5 orders total :smiley:

I assume the quickest one will be my one expedited crossover which I was told will take only about 3 weeks...I'm beyond excited and staying ultra positive!!!

Coins are Neato!

• Options

Thanks for the follow up report @Kurisu.
    The pictures of the Bronco's coins were greatly appreciated.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    RockyMtnProspectorRockyMtnProspector Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kurisu Would like to thank you for the Broncos coin and connecting at the show! Great to meet fellow forum members and I deeply appreciate the coin--huge Broncos fan! Great show post as well.

GSAs, OBW rolls, Seated, Walkers. Anything old and Colorado-focused, CO nationals.

Gonna get me a $50 Octagonal someday. Some. Day.
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great coverage of the show. I knew the report would be a good one by how long it took the photos to load.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

@RockyMtnProspector said:
    @Kurisu Would like to thank you for the Broncos coin and connecting at the show! Great to meet fellow forum members and I deeply appreciate the coin--huge Broncos fan! Great show post as well.

Fantastic! Yes, it was so wonderful...I think we all needed some of that in-person goodness :smiley:
    Glad you like the coin too of course!!!

Coins are Neato!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file