Options

Guess who's back?

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Guess who's back, back again
Larkin's back, tell a friend

Welcome back my man

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 4, 2022 8:25PM

Don't get my hopes up.......spill the beans.

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

If that guy wasn't such a POP TARTing POP TARThole, I'd throw you an LOL.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:
    If that guy wasn't such a POP TARTing POP TARThole, I'd throw you an LOL.

Welcome back Larkin......

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

Ok, guess you get one anyway 🤷‍♂️

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,079 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome back @LarkinCollector, I noticed you yesterday on the other thread but I wasn't sure if you wanted anyone to make a fuss about it or not or if you just wanted return quietly. Now that we got a thread started, never leave us again!

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭✭

🍻

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome back Larkin!

Whoops I already kind of busted your +*&# on another thread for
    being one of the 'rare' steak guys who thinks people who like to
    eat their steaks cooked are crazy.

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just thought I'd throw this up there, because there may not ever be a reason to share it, otherwise. The pic accompanied an online article, and I was struck immediately by something odd...

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was happy to see you around on the other thread @LarkinCollector Glad you are back!!

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome back Larkin!

• Options

@countdouglas said:
    Just thought I'd throw this up there, because there may not ever be a reason to share it, otherwise. The pic accompanied an online article, and I was struck immediately by something odd...

The #15?

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LandrysFedora Yep. I'm sure a big Larkin fan was already aware, but I did not know (remember) that Larkin started his career with another number. It was only after Kurt Stillwell was traded to the Royals that #11 became available. I know many players first wear other numbers before they settle into the ones that they end up finding fame in. It's just always a bit jarring when you see the photo evidence. Like Mantle in #6, Bonds in #7, Brett in #25, Schmidt in #22, etc. Just thought I'd share the photo with Larkin in #15 in this thread.

• Options

@countdouglas said:
    @LandrysFedora Yep. I'm sure a big Larkin fan was already aware, but I did not know (remember) that Larkin started his career with another number. It was only after Kurt Stillwell was traded to the Royals that #11 became available. I know many players first wear other numbers before they settle into the ones that they end up finding fame in. It's just always a bit jarring when you see the photo evidence. Like Mantle in #6, Bonds in #7, Brett in #25, Schmidt in #22, etc. Just thought I'd share the photo with Larkin in #15 in this thread.

I learned something new today, I never knew Barry originally wore #15. You're right, it's a bit jarring when you see them in those original numbers. I remember a spring training game years ago I went to when Albert Pujols was a guy trying to make the team wearing #68. My wife looked at me and said who's this #68? He looks like he'll make the team! I like the history of baseball numbers, Like the Yankees uniform numbers were where they hit in the lineup, pretty cool stuff!

• Options

@LandrysFedora said:

@countdouglas said:

I learned something new today, I never knew Barry originally wore #15. You're right, it's a bit jarring when you see them in those original numbers. I remember a spring training game years ago I went to when Albert Pujols was a guy trying to make the team wearing #68. My wife looked at me and said who's this #68? He looks like he'll make the team! I like the history of baseball numbers, Like the Yankees uniform numbers were where they hit in the lineup, pretty cool stuff!

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, well, well…

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tony Gwynn's pre-19 days...

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options

I can't fully be back until I have my subs back (or at least graded). Todd, 13+ months after they left my hands is not acceptable.

Keep passing it up the chain, I already know they don't care about me or my miniscule 3k cards worth of subs sent in in a year. If you think individual subs are bad ...

• Options

@Hydrant said:

Well, after 15 months since they left my house, my cards have finally been graded. I guess I can allow myself now to at least nominally participate here, though probably not in the TC&M forum since I don't forsee myself ever subjecting me or anyone who's subbing with me to that experience again.

More beans ... went to order a pizza last weekend and the pizza place/Google (not sure) popped up a notification that the credentials used had been identified in a hack. No big deal, I don't store CC info with any of them or I would use one my more secure combos. Tuesday rolls around and I get this email, edited for POP TARTS ...

Guess where the only place that email/password combo and mention of the GCG site is?

YEE HAW! Had to request a password reset to login here today. Wonder why?

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:

@Hydrant said:

Well, after 15 months since they left my house, my cards have finally been graded. I guess I can allow myself now to at least nominally participate here, though probably not in the TC&M forum since I don't forsee myself ever subjecting me or anyone who's subbing with me to that experience again.

More beans ... went to order a pizza last weekend and the pizza place/Google (not sure) popped up a notification that the credentials used had been identified in a hack. No big deal, I don't store CC info with any of them or I would use one my more secure combos. Tuesday rolls around and I get this email, edited for POP TARTS ...

Guess where the only place that email/password combo and mention of the GCG site is?

YEE HAW! Had to request a password reset to login here today. Wonder why?

Maybe I just need some sleep, but I'm a bit confused about what happened here. Did you use your credit card for the pizza , and how is that related to the email. Anyway, I'm happy for you that your stuff has been graded.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    Maybe I just need some sleep, but I'm a bit confused about what happened here. Did you use your credit card for the pizza , and how is that related to the email. Anyway, I'm happy for you that your stuff has been graded.

Just same email/password login combo I used here. Not sure where the breach originated, but the only link between that login combo and my website is here.

Just got a notice this week that my mortgage company had been breached also, yay. But that's completely different credentials for actual important stuff.