Home Sports Talk

Guess who's back?

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Guess who's back, back again
Larkin's back, tell a friend

Welcome back my man

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 4, 2022 8:25PM

Don't get my hopes up.......spill the beans.

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

If that guy wasn't such a POP TARTing POP TARThole, I'd throw you an LOL.

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:
    If that guy wasn't such a POP TARTing POP TARThole, I'd throw you an LOL.

Welcome back Larkin......

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Ok, guess you get one anyway 🤷‍♂️

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome back @LarkinCollector, I noticed you yesterday on the other thread but I wasn't sure if you wanted anyone to make a fuss about it or not or if you just wanted return quietly. Now that we got a thread started, never leave us again!

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,341 ✭✭✭✭✭

🍻

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome back Larkin!

Whoops I already kind of busted your +*&# on another thread for
    being one of the 'rare' steak guys who thinks people who like to
    eat their steaks cooked are crazy.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just thought I'd throw this up there, because there may not ever be a reason to share it, otherwise. The pic accompanied an online article, and I was struck immediately by something odd...

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was happy to see you around on the other thread @LarkinCollector Glad you are back!!

• LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome back Larkin!

@countdouglas said:
    Just thought I'd throw this up there, because there may not ever be a reason to share it, otherwise. The pic accompanied an online article, and I was struck immediately by something odd...

The #15?

• countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LandrysFedora Yep. I'm sure a big Larkin fan was already aware, but I did not know (remember) that Larkin started his career with another number. It was only after Kurt Stillwell was traded to the Royals that #11 became available. I know many players first wear other numbers before they settle into the ones that they end up finding fame in. It's just always a bit jarring when you see the photo evidence. Like Mantle in #6, Bonds in #7, Brett in #25, Schmidt in #22, etc. Just thought I'd share the photo with Larkin in #15 in this thread.

@countdouglas said:
    @LandrysFedora Yep. I'm sure a big Larkin fan was already aware, but I did not know (remember) that Larkin started his career with another number. It was only after Kurt Stillwell was traded to the Royals that #11 became available. I know many players first wear other numbers before they settle into the ones that they end up finding fame in. It's just always a bit jarring when you see the photo evidence. Like Mantle in #6, Bonds in #7, Brett in #25, Schmidt in #22, etc. Just thought I'd share the photo with Larkin in #15 in this thread.

I learned something new today, I never knew Barry originally wore #15. You're right, it's a bit jarring when you see them in those original numbers. I remember a spring training game years ago I went to when Albert Pujols was a guy trying to make the team wearing #68. My wife looked at me and said who's this #68? He looks like he'll make the team! I like the history of baseball numbers, Like the Yankees uniform numbers were where they hit in the lineup, pretty cool stuff!

@LandrysFedora said:

@countdouglas said:

I learned something new today, I never knew Barry originally wore #15. You're right, it's a bit jarring when you see them in those original numbers. I remember a spring training game years ago I went to when Albert Pujols was a guy trying to make the team wearing #68. My wife looked at me and said who's this #68? He looks like he'll make the team! I like the history of baseball numbers, Like the Yankees uniform numbers were where they hit in the lineup, pretty cool stuff!

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, well, well…

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tony Gwynn's pre-19 days...

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.

I can't fully be back until I have my subs back (or at least graded). Todd, 13+ months after they left my hands is not acceptable.

Keep passing it up the chain, I already know they don't care about me or my miniscule 3k cards worth of subs sent in in a year. If you think individual subs are bad ...

@Hydrant said:

Well, after 15 months since they left my house, my cards have finally been graded. I guess I can allow myself now to at least nominally participate here, though probably not in the TC&M forum since I don't forsee myself ever subjecting me or anyone who's subbing with me to that experience again.

More beans ... went to order a pizza last weekend and the pizza place/Google (not sure) popped up a notification that the credentials used had been identified in a hack. No big deal, I don't store CC info with any of them or I would use one my more secure combos. Tuesday rolls around and I get this email, edited for POP TARTS ...

Guess where the only place that email/password combo and mention of the GCG site is?

YEE HAW! Had to request a password reset to login here today. Wonder why?

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:

@Hydrant said:

Well, after 15 months since they left my house, my cards have finally been graded. I guess I can allow myself now to at least nominally participate here, though probably not in the TC&M forum since I don't forsee myself ever subjecting me or anyone who's subbing with me to that experience again.

More beans ... went to order a pizza last weekend and the pizza place/Google (not sure) popped up a notification that the credentials used had been identified in a hack. No big deal, I don't store CC info with any of them or I would use one my more secure combos. Tuesday rolls around and I get this email, edited for POP TARTS ...

Guess where the only place that email/password combo and mention of the GCG site is?

YEE HAW! Had to request a password reset to login here today. Wonder why?

Maybe I just need some sleep, but I'm a bit confused about what happened here. Did you use your credit card for the pizza , and how is that related to the email. Anyway, I'm happy for you that your stuff has been graded.

@thisistheshow said:
    Maybe I just need some sleep, but I'm a bit confused about what happened here. Did you use your credit card for the pizza , and how is that related to the email. Anyway, I'm happy for you that your stuff has been graded.

Just same email/password login combo I used here. Not sure where the breach originated, but the only link between that login combo and my website is here.

Just got a notice this week that my mortgage company had been breached also, yay. But that's completely different credentials for actual important stuff.