Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2021 Peace Dollar in hand!

ashelandasheland Posts: 22,715 ✭✭✭✭✭

It arrived today. I’m impressed! :smiley:
I don’t see how it could be any better. Sharp, crisp strike and a nice satiny luster.

I’m sending her off to our hosts soon. Regular Gold Shield holder. I think it’ll look awesome. :)

Do you guys like yours? I guess today is the first day they’re arriving…

Comments

• Options
    thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a lovely coin !
    They just look a bit odd after all those years of peace dollars that were not as detailed, or struck as well. The hair detail almost looks electric......

• Options
    HoldTheMayoHoldTheMayo Posts: 126 ✭✭✭

Damn that looks nice. The Mint is batting .500 after the Morgan :D , I could definitely see that in a holder. Mine come next week.

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

You got a good one.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like both designs.

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice.🤯

Hoard the keys.
  • Options

Thanks everybody! :smile:

• Options

I like it. I will have to get one now.

• Options
    philographerphilographer Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

Going for Gold Shield vs. First Strike? While First Strike makes no logical sense to me, it seems many coins in FS have a higher resale value...

He who knows he has enough is rich.

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,352 ✭✭✭✭✭

It looks like the relief falls somewhere between the 1921 and 1922 designs, is that the case?

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like it but I don't like the way the numerals in the date look.

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,184 ✭✭✭✭✭

IF I had to critique (and of course I do), I'd state the date is too broad (each digit is too far apart), and the overall size of each number is a bit too large.

peacockcoins

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,553 ✭✭✭✭✭

A real beauty for sure, I like

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very, very nice coin. Now I am sorry I did not get one....Looks like I may have to seek one out .... somewhere. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love the posts.
    Mine arrives today.
    My anxiety is starting to rise.
    The post man is not due till around 1 this afternoon and it is raining heavy now.
    LOL
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    sumduncesumdunce Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭✭

Very nice. Was thinking about getting the Peace and the Morgans... Posts like this are pushing me more toward adding one of each to my collection. Well struck, the design is even more pleasing (IMHO).

• Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine are marked as shipped. Cannot wait. I really like this one.

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    TomthemailcarrierTomthemailcarrier Posts: 637 ✭✭✭✭✭

A fine looking coin. The 2021 Peace dollar is the only one of the six that I’m keeping. I’ll get it graded too.

• Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks great!

Congrats on your newest addition!!

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options

@ChrisH821 said:
    It looks like the relief falls somewhere between the 1921 and 1922 designs, is that the case?

From my eye, it looks a lot like a 1921 relief wise. But with a perfect detailed strike!

• Options

@philographer said:
    Going for Gold Shield vs. First Strike? While First Strike makes no logical sense to me, it seems many coins in FS have a higher resale value...

Perhaps it’ll be lower value than a first strike, but I really dislike the special labels. The regular gold shield holder looks so great, plus, when I find a 1921 that speaks to me, they’ll have perfectly matching slabs as I’ll want the 1921 also in gold shield. If I sacrifice a little value in doing that, it’s perfectly fine with me.

I don’t do a lot with moderns anyway.

• Options

I know this is a big statement, but, in my opinion, this is the nicest looking modern coin I’ve ever seen. >:)

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coin! I like it! Might have to get one for myself.

• Options
    santinidollarsantinidollar Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 30, 2021 2:37PM

My trio arrived today. Good quality on all three. I strongly prefer the Peace over the Morgans.

• Options
    dagingerbeastttdagingerbeasttt Posts: 784 ✭✭✭✭

I actually like your example. Im not a fan of the burnished look new Morgan dollar's nor the privy mark.
    Nice coin☺️

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Wayne. Yours has the “full nose ring “. Check it compared to the one a couple posts up from yours. It’s awesome!!

Wow thanks for the info.
    Did not know there were variations to this coin.
    Lucky me?
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options

I can’t wait to see mine in the new holder and true view. B)

• Options
    alefzeroalefzero Posts: 877 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thebeav said:
    It's a lovely coin !
    They just look a bit odd after all those years of peace dollars that were not as detailed, or struck as well. The hair detail almost looks electric......

The hair is ideal. Detailed but not like the awful low relief later Washington quarters.

• Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,921 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WAYNEAS said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Wayne. Yours has the “full nose ring “. Check it compared to the one a couple posts up from yours. It’s awesome!!

Wow thanks for the info.
    Did not know there were variations to this coin.
    Lucky me?
    Wayne

Neither did the Mint

JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wayne I didn’t say that to be annoying. Yours is the only one. Rare came to mind. Lucky you definitely came to mind. Sorry

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

And here’s mine. Spot ofcourse. Right there between 2 & 1. CC spot dang it and now it’s peace dollar cousin

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    SpkrmakrSpkrmakr Posts: 100 ✭✭✭

I too am pleased with the quality of the 3-Peace dollars that arrived late last week. I believe that 2-of the 3-would grade 70. However, I could not be more horrified at the overall quality of the Morgans I received over the last couple of weeks. I was able to acquire 2-each of all mint marks. In each case, CC, O, P and S variants had one keeper while the others had eye visible issues. Both of the Denver coins looked like train wrecks. After a lifetime of collecting, I am done with the US Mint excepting those that I would purchase "after" grading by PCGS. Sad state of affairs at the US Mint. The consistently poor quality is embarrassing when compared to coins from the Australian and UK mints. Canada does a fairly good job as well. I suppose I will just keep the junk along with the better examples. I hope other fared better than I with the Morgans.

Spkrmakr
  • Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Wayne I didn’t say that to be annoying. Yours is the only one. Rare came to mind. Lucky you definitely came to mind. Sorry

I have found no negativism in your post so no need to apologize to me.

My response was due to the coin being damaged.

If it is Rare, I will surely name it the "nose ring" in your honor.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    Golden1Golden1 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭

I received my 3 Peace Dollars today and all three are beauties! They all look perfect under 4X magnification.
    Very happy with my purchase!
    Cheers!

• Options
    anablepanablep Posts: 5,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

I received all of my orders (2 of each coin and 3 of Denver) and only one coin had a grease spot and contact scratches. So 12 out of 13 beautiful coins.

The Peace dollars are the stars of the series 100%.

Always looking for attractive rim toned Morgan and Peace dollars in PCGS or (older) ANA/ANACS holders!

"Bongo hurtles along the rain soaked highway of life on underinflated bald retread tires."

~Wayne
  • Options

I finally got results. It made a 70!
    Trueview is showing, but the coin is still in the mail. A few days and it should be in hand.

• Options
    edited January 26, 2022 12:14PM
  • Options
    moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations, couldn't happen to a nicer coin!

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great coin. Impressed.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice.

Hoard the keys.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file