Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2021 Peace Dollar in hand!

2»

Comments

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,870 ✭✭✭✭✭

What’s with the fuzz I see on this coin? You can see it real good on the top of the obverse around the lettering in, Liberty. Anyone else have this fuzz inside the capsule?

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,753 ✭✭✭✭✭

@crazyhounddog said:
    What’s with the fuzz I see on this coin? You can see it real good on the top of the obverse around the lettering in, Liberty. Anyone else have this fuzz inside the capsule?

I’m pretty sure that’s from the velvet stuff in the box. It should wipe off of the capsule.

• Options

I’ll post slab shots when she’s back in hand. 👍

Thanks everybody!

• Options
    MercuryMercury Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭✭

I think they are much nicer than the Morgan's. I love the look of the one I received, but I am fan of the design.
    All of them shown above look great.

Collecting Peace Dollars and Modern Crap.
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,870 ✭✭✭✭✭

@asheland said:

@crazyhounddog said:

I’m pretty sure that’s from the velvet stuff in the box. It should wipe off of the capsule.

I agree something like that but it’s in a sealed capsule. Maybe a lot of static electricity in the air that day at the mint. I bought one I sent back due to a blemish on her neck. It too had the same problem.
    Thanks

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 26, 2022 5:05PM

Looks like a totally different lip. This is the Elvis lip.

Here’s yours. (The fuzz is from the cheap boxes and as for the sealed capsules, several received them opened with the coins bouncing around inside 👍🏼

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options

Back from PCGS today! B)

I love the normal gold shield holder, she will blend with the older Peace and Morgan dollars now. 👍

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file